[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1906.jpg (611 KB, 1920x985)
611 KB
611 KB JPG
Just got certed and i think it’s my new favorite activity. General discussion, also anyone in CO want to dive some alpine lakes with me?
>>
File: kelp forest.jpg (176 KB, 1280x960)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
I usually go diving for lobster, mussels or just for fun
Kelp forests really are a totally different world once (you) get in them

>also anyone in CO want to dive some alpine lakes with me?
sounds cool and piss cold
>>
How long can you stay down there while swimming around? Sounds cool but I can't hold my breath for shit
>>
How do you get certed in free diving? What does that even mean?

>yo you have a licence to hold your breath

???
>>
I go spearfishing. Tropical water, no wetsuit needed. Its a lot of fun. I go down about 15m max. More gets exhausting fast and I'm kinda paranoid about shallow water blackout too, because I go mostly solo.
>>2731560
You make a course with a diveshop and get a "I did a freediving course" badge.
>>
>>2731536
That looks cool as shit, I will remember that.

>>2731553
You evolved to thrive underwater anon, google the mammalian dive reflex.

>>2731560
Before i took the course some /out/ist told me "you can learn everything you need to freedive from youtube". I called his bullshit and took the course and I'm glad I did because:
1. initially I struggled with equalization and it was good to have some pros help me overcome it
2. you are introduced by professionals to the different disciplines within an established sport, as opposed to dicking around alone in a snorkel
3. they taught yogic breathing and meditation as part of the class. Not everyone's cup of tea but I consider that knowledge a skill unto itself
4. by day 5 I was able to dive to 75 feet, in no universe would I have been able to accomplish that on my own
5. My form in the water is dogshit, it was helpful to have pros around to point out how I could be more efficient and thus consume less oxygen
6. nothing I read online mentioned anything about shallow water blackout, I would never have known it was a thing.
7. I can now use my cert to dive with schools in many exotic places around the world
>>
My mom dated a rich guy with a boat when I was a teen, I got into this sport to enjoy the coral without a diving cert. I managed to breath train myself at night to the point where I could manage 3 minutes. It meant a different thing underwater, however. Sometimes I would black out and have to blindly find my way to the surface.
>>
>>2731901
>Before i took the course some /out/ist told me "you can learn everything you need to freedive from youtube". I called his bullshit
He wasn't wrong though, you can learn all that shit from YouTube. We're there cute girls on your course, that's the only acceptable reason I'll take.
>>
>>2731553
You can go like 5 minutes with enough practice, for normies at least. I'm not super into it but I can stay underwater for like 2 minutes. Just practice holding your breath and you'll get the hang of it.
>>
>>2732360
Are you one retard or multiple retards pretending to be the same retard? You have such a distinct and retarded style.
>>
>>2732374
>doesn't know baconrider
how new are you? go back where you came from nigger
>>
I want to do this so bad! Anyone in SoCal wanna go?
>>
bamp
>>
>>2731901
>nothing I read online mentioned anything about shallow water blackout, I would never have known it was a thing.
Bullshit, you didn't even try to learn online did you?
>>
>>2731319
Where in CO did you go to dive school?
Also I cant imagine alpine lakes would be very exciting to see the bottom of
>>
>>2735567
Actually I did the cert in Taiwan but there’s like 3 dive schools between Denver and Boulder, fuck knows why
>>
File: SHEP.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>2732374
>>2732360
spongedoff,,whatamess.,
,,ilove fish,,spent a winter getting Close tothead Sheepshead.,
,all sheepshead in the area are female except ONE!,when He dies 'thelargest female will 'transition and turn male.,
,,,'Shep' would bolt to deepwaters asi gotoclose,,but day after day he let me closer till i could just hang 9 feetaway(thats 3yards foryou EUROS).,
,,,,hewas Hugh,,bigteeth,,black with Red belly.,
,,dayafterday just watching over his territory keeping the girls safe.,then i didesert fora week.,
,,,go looking for Shep,,,?not at our normal rockthrone?,,notout by the girls?,,strange,,check everywheres?,,no Shep?,,odd.,
,,reading news paper that night,,fliping past sports and see pic,,,"Monster Catch",,pic of some spear fisherman holding Shep?,"I just swam up to it and shoot it.",,HE KILLED SHEP?,
,34 pounds,,,,i was LIVID!,complete A'hole for months hasseling spear fishers,,,,im sorry.,
,,,ilovefish.
>>
>>2731553
Normally I can hold my breath for like 2 minutes but while swimming I can only do it for long enough to dive 2 metres deep
>>
File: Shep.jpg (191 KB, 957x684)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>2737772
>,"I just swam up to it and shoot it."
YouKilledShep!,,,trained him to TRUST humans!,
,,noworkickingassneak thru canyonslide under seaweed and spook fishard.,
,,,,befrens with seals., everybody loveseals!,nohugs though,,,imnothat kind of human!
>>
>>2738744
Nice catch bacon
>>
File: kitwatch.jpg (102 KB, 681x559)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>2738770
notmy,,,catch.,just webpic of sheephead.,idonthink i couldeatone,,,other fish?NOMNOMNOM!,yellow tail NOM!,
,,biggest catch washark,,6 feets blue.,drag setotight,,,almost losthe pole!
,,idideat abalone.,they stayalive in the pan,,,,sorta ruff,,squirming,,writhing,,,quietscream.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.