[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Leica-M-Safari_8_RGB_15cm.jpg (1.02 MB, 1772x1181)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
What is the most hated camera brand?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2019 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width5760
Image Height3840
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2019:01:21 15:10:27
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1772
Image Height1181
>>
>>4310716
perceived wealth breeds jealousy
>>
Whatever the person you're arguing against is using it seems.
>>
We can laugh at leica fags, but they're self aware so we can still get along with them
Nikon and canon are "just cameras", they get the job done
Snoy is a flawed bargain, i wouldn't buy it but i'm not poor enough to see it as an option either
Hasselblad might be rattly chinese shit but the photos still speak for themselves
Phase one users are invariably gods
Pentax and olympus users are mythological creatures

Probably fujifilm

Pragmatically they are overpriced, unergonomic, unreliable, and have poor image quality compared to say, a cnaon r7... or even a lumix gh6, to a point.
Socially they are for posers who can not afford the cameras they (poorly) imitate
The company itself discontinued its most beloved products (film stocks)
The userbase is about as insufferable and totally lacks self awareness
>>
>>4310737
Fujis are just fun go use, i'm gonna put them in the same category as leicas.

Trendy and meme tier.
>>
>>4310739
No that's olympus cameras, or a pentax with vintage takumars

Fujis are like their ugly cousin who tries too hard to look hip but totally lacks soul and charisma.

What's missing? The OVF. The last stand of photographic integrity.
>>
most leicaly

captcha: YAYY
>>
File: L1054691.jpg (2.02 MB, 1500x1009)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
>>4310741
idk im having as fun with my leica rn as i did with my fuji back then and they both have that nice vintage vibe goin for them

Equipment MakeLeica Camera AG
Camera ModelM8 Digital Camera
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Created2024:05:04 17:03:52
Exposure Time1/180 sec
F-Numberf/9.5
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/9.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1500
Image Height1009
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image ID00000000000000000000000000003472
>>
>>4310718
>1970s design 50mm f/2
>for $2895
$2.9k is no where near a product targeted wealthy, unless you're idea is money is from being a NEET. and paying that much for a old and mass produced and still produced design is just laughable. Its not even some rare lens like a Nikon 6mm f/2.8. it a camera and lens for people who wear Supreme branded clothes.
>>
>>4310783
>$2.9k is no where near a product targeted wealthy
so you have 5 of them?
>>
>>4310783
Photography is something of a trailer park hobby. Like electric guitars, motorcycles, and gaming computers
>$3k bro. i spent THREE KAY and i can still afford food. i'm the richest bitch in town.
nobody should be claiming to be or accusing others of being rich until someone has a phase one xt. financially irresponsible boomers living in coastal double wides and $250k midwestern mcmansions bought in 2015 spend more on harleys and boats.
>>
Probably Canon because it's the most popular among normalfags and therefore most likely to draw actual hate. Fuji and Sony hate on /p/ isn't representative of the wider community.
>>
>>4310797
At $14,500 you're still short of the msrp of a harley fat bob

Maybe you think everyone is totally buying these in cash. well actually, if someone is single and works a shit job that allows infinite overtime they can spend that much in cash too. How do you think reddit got their reputation for consooming?
>Have shitty entry level job
>Do not have children
>Infinite money hack zomg time for moar nintendos
>>
>>4310716
fuji. they hate their customer base. has no prestige like leica does (for some people) and fuji's entire market is selling double or triple over priced turds with years old sony tech in them in a larp retro format. with the new nikon ZF there is zero reason to ever want one now. and the user base are cancerous white and asian geek losers.
>>
>>4310802
you could have just said no instead of typing all that shit
>>
>>4310805
Sorry bud, but it's just not "rich person stuff".

I don't have five because they're fucking stupid. Not because I can't afford it. But because they're fucking stupid, and I will gladly tie up 100% of every dollar that comes in with recurring investment account transfers rather than live like the masses of childless, futureless apartment dwelling blue collar losers that pack 4reddit gear-hobby boards like /g/, /o/, and /p/ and endlessly buy shit for EDC/battlestation threads and larping as rich.
>>
File: butthurts.png (1.72 MB, 1101x1230)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB PNG
>>4310807
all gearfag consoomers are the same
>SO BUYING BAGS OF SHIT DOESNT MAKE ME RICH? SO YOU HAVE FIVE BAGS OF SHIT?
>t. 30 year old khv with a glow in the dark gaming computer on cameras/anime dolls/dildos/computers/anime girl jpegs in his phone game/watches/pens/insert anything that is guaranteed to repel pussy
>>
>>4310807
>>4310808
its just a lens
>>
>>4310807
>>4310808
The consoomers have been seen for what they are

>>4310811
Keep playing dumb consoomer

There exist between the rich and the poor, the paypigs. They could be rich, but their steady consoomption keeps them where they are, like livestock in a profit farm.
>>
>>4310807
>the masses of childless, futureless apartment dwelling blue collar losers that pack 4reddit gear-hobby boards like /g/, /o/, and /p/ and endlessly buy shit for EDC/battlestation threads and larping as rich.
fucking REKT. nailed it
>>
>>4310811
>its just a funko pop
kek
>>
>>4310716
Whatever brand has the most obnoxious astroturfing at time? Real people get the tools they need and can afford without bothering to hate tools they choose to not have.
>>
>>4310716

probably sigma with foveon raw
>>
>>4310807
over for gearfags
>>
>>4310820
But we’re manly men here so we have a such thing as a bad/useless/overpriced tool and dont recognize feelings as a use that trumps that unless it is approved form of fun

There are only three objectively correct ways to have fun here
Going into the woods
Shooting large format film
Pretending to agree with cANON
>>
>>4310797
I have a Nikon 500 f/5.6 which is more and I bought it on a whim for the eclipse. I'm certainly not wealthy, just a wagie. You just sound like a NEET if you think a $2.9k lens is reserved for the wealthy.
>>
>>4310876
the young male section of the internet is totally overrun with this hood rich mentality where single men living alone pull $600 net a week at their low tier job and suddenly think they can afford anything
>$2400 a month bitch! i buy 5 leicas a year!
>>
what kind of autistic idiot would hate a brand? like fuck you for producing these products lmao my purchase
>>
I'd say Canon DSLRs which were once the most praised are the most hated.
>>
File: 1714056878941269.jpg (106 KB, 764x764)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>4310716
its hard for me not to be hater when i see these things sat neatly on a perfectly clean desk looking brand new. i shoot a digital M but i don't treat it like a baby's ass. i shoot it almost every day and it looks very used. the chrome plating wears off a little bit and it takes a few dings and it looks awesome

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS-1D X
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.2
Image Width2084
Image Height2083
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution110 dpi
Vertical Resolution110 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2017:01:20 15:20:43
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width764
Image Height764
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: 1685856732189386.jpg (174 KB, 1211x908)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>4310774
i see your m8 and i raise you an m9 monochrom. greatest digital camera ever made

Camera SoftwareGoogle
>>
>>4310802
>harley fat bob
okay dad
>>
>>4310737
>didn't even remember the Panasonic users
what does this say about them?
>>
>>4311156
I almost forgot about the panny boi. They used to be straight up shit but now autofocus are getting better, even better than canon's and almost as good as snoy's.
>>
outside of /p/, Nikon for sure. basically a bunch of sheep influenced by influencers on social media to jump on the Snoy bandwagon and trash cameras that can’t do work for them. it’s like a cult following at this point
>b-but muh autofocus
sounds like a skill issue to me. people were taking crisp photos with film and DSLR both of which didn’t have the autofocus capabilities of today’s mirrorless
>>
>>4311288
>sounds like a skill issue to me
if this were true then pentax would be a viable brand
>>
>>4311297
But Pentax is a viable brand
>>
I have the options of having a K1000 Pentax or a B200 Praktica
>>
>>4311303
sorry, didn't notice we had switched to talking about film cameras
>>
>>4311557
Pentax
>>
>>4310737
>Probably fujifilm
>Pragmatically they are overpriced, unergonomic, unreliable, and have poor image quality

This. I thought people who owned them were kidding when they were "celebrating" their unique images. The shadow detail is crushed and the colours are dulled. The glass is only okay and the ergonomics of the cameras is dogshit.
>>
File: IMG_3750.jpg (2.04 MB, 3988x2171)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
Fujifilm are definitely most hated on this board but I find Sony shooters the most insufferable, vapid cunts going.
>>
>>4312000
Sony fags are the unevolved form of fujislugs. Once they become "serious photographers" (start watching street photowalk videos and imitating them instead of doing zach snaps) they switch to fujifilm. The cameras even break equally often! But they trade vignetting correction banding for worms and zombie colors.

If they become real photographers (service industry by day, hobby shooting on a weekend) they migrate to canon or nikon. You'll notice this discrepancy between market share and use among actual photographers - market share is 1: Canon 2: Sony 3: Nikon and use in serious photographic communities and among pros is 1/2: Canon/Nikon 3: Sony 4: Phones 5: Fujifilm 6: Micro four thirds

You too can be a fujislug, but without buying a fuji. Here's how:
Buy a nikon ZF
Buy a 26mm f2.8
Set ZF to DX mode
Install capture one and topaz gigapixel AI
Rescale DX images to 24mp, open in capture one
Crank color noise reduction and moire reduction up even if there is nothing wrong with the image until it looks dull, especially reds
Turn "detail" up a bit until you get worms
Now you have a fuji
>>
>>4310716
It used to be lomography, but honestly after seeing these fucks all trying to be something theyre not, i think lomo is just fine doing their lo-fi art shot experimentation thing.
>>
>>4310737
I bought a phase 1 about a decade ago and try to take it out shooting in the world. That was a big fucking mistake because as it turns out that camera is a studio camera that eats an entire battery pack in about three shots before the camera circuit boards just quit because of temperature or movement or fear of loud noises or whatever, and you have to be some kind of jackass to take it out in the elements and try to get some fucking artiste shots with it. And if you disagree with this, the staff at phase 1 will disavow you of your delusions quite expertly.
>>
>>4311557
I do love my Praktica B200 like you wouldn't believe it, but I have to admit that is not made to the standard of the older ones, also even for a film mount PB is dead, if its your first film camera the K1000 will probably be a better choice.
>>
File: wewwooorrmmmssss.jpg (1.1 MB, 868x868)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
>>4312038
or just buy a panasonic, i got worms on my lx100 just as easily as with my fuji

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-LX100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image Created2021:02:21 15:57:15
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length34.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width868
Image Height868
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastHard
SaturationHigh
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>4310716
Whatever you use
And mine is the best
>>
>>4312134
ive been taking photos for years with fuji cameras and i have no idea what this is. my darktable processed imgaes do not look like this, my capture one images did not look like this
>>
>>4312681
There actually was an issue with Lightroom which was fixed several aeons ago... but we all know /p/.
>>
>>4312681
it happens if you excessively oversharpen the image on some programs, i use camera raw/lightroom which is where most ppl say it happens.
>>
fuji or sony but i personally find boomers and gen x more annoying so sony
>>
>>4312683
>>4312681
a single lightroom release in 2016
>>
File: wermz.jpg (219 KB, 846x567)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>4313526
naw bro it happens in my 2018 release of camera raw as well so its not just one release
>>
>>4311154
pyw
>>
>>4312683
There still is.
Sooc jpeg: soft, zombie colors
Processing foolji raws in any program: a wait, for sure. Why do they take so much longer to load?
>>
>>4310716
Fuji simply because they suck. Its a rare case where there is a such thing as bad gear and a pricy camera actually has worse IQ - such things have been unknown since the death of the canon DSLR.

Fujifags seethe hard about nice gear too, like they think good image quality is a bad thing and you shouldnt even have the option. They are all aged 20-30 and do not know that most film is significantly higher resolutiom than an xt5 because all they ever saw was walmart 4x6s
>>
>>4310716
fuji for sure
looking at brands in terms of general "why would I not use them" points, can think of the most for fuji, but i can also think of a lot of niche "why would I use them" points
they're really only ideal for a very specific set of niche preferences, and sub-optimal for most
other brands feel like their better general purpose options, or have 1-2 clear usage cases
the mass normie popularity (and inventory issues) probably gives a sour grape feel to people who might otherwise be ideal users, similar to leica
definitely seems to inspire the most hate here for sure, its just a shame people cant be honest about the faults without exaggerating or relying on more dubious criticisms

pretty crazy how much the sentiments have changed though, they used to be seemingly universally liked, even here
still one of my favorite brands to use though, but most people are better off looking elsewhere

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.