[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I've seen these pop up once in a while o market place, or ebay for relatively cheap.

Are they worth getting for just dicking around or more of a hassle than anything else?
I heard the lenses are shit.
>>
>>4310744
If you have ancient deprecated thailand made f-mount glass lying around and get the adapter could be fun for a day
>>
>>4310744
theyre aight, but i see why they died
ill poast photo whenever i get back to my pc
t. v2 user
>>
>>4310744
it's a 1inch sensor but old and worse than an rx100. needs perfect lighting conditions to not look worse than a phone, really. Nikon also didn't really make a lot of good fast lenses for it so with the sensor size having everything be in focus it ends up looking like a modern phone. i had one back when it first came out. I honestly loved the little thing, but even though it looks small in photos, it's not really much smaller than a nex 3 that i also had at the time, despite the sensor. the lenses were smaller, sure, but they were also mediocre. they weirdly chose to aim this squarely at the snapshitter/canon elph user thinking there would be a big upgrade market, but they also did it right around when cell phone pictures started to dominate. in theory could have been a nice little system but nikon bungled it. that said, something about the 1v1 with the 10mm lens was a cool little walk around kit. and it had some at-the-time class leading features like 10fps electronic shutter capture rate and fastest mirorrless AF for the time. Would i recommend you get one today? not a J1 certainly, and a v1 only if you really like how it looks, but not for image quality or what have you. If you want small, go full meme and get a pentax q or something.
>>
File: 22osd5sm.jpg (3.19 MB, 3840x2160)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
>>4310792
sample photo taken with it in challenging light. it's not great. The gf had the j1 with the kit lens, never bought any other lenses and eventually she sold it once she upgraded to an iphone 5s and just used that for everything. I had a v1 and held onto it a bit longer, and also had the 10mm and 18.5mm. traded it for an a6000 eventually.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
>>4310744
they are really bad. a phone with multiple lenses destroys it these days
>>
>>4310793
See what you mean... when there's good light it looks pretty good. Not so much in the low light areas tho.
>>
>>4310744
You're better off buying a Samsung
>>
>>4310744
i have this shit collecting dust.
i hate it with every bit of my body.
Lens and sensor is actually ok-ish, but the fucking controls are abysmal. If you want to shoot anything but auto you have to go through these menus of menus of menus to get around things like holy shit. Makes photography painful. Worst nikon product i had.
>>
>>4310744
All the cheapshit nikon point & shoots after the film era were just cheap cameras made by chinese companies that got nikon badged bc they seemed decent enough to perform in the cheapshit P&S market which is not worth Nikons time to actually build cameras for. The mid-level management who thought this what is a good idea didn’t understand that slapping ashton kutchers face on chinese junk Actually devalues the brand in public perception and has a greater cost than the three dollars per camera they were going to make on this shit.
>>
>>4310744
If the sensor size is not APS-C and at least 24mp
For personal use: it's not worth more than $50
For reselling: Scam those zoomers and crop copers as hard as you can. Jack that price up. It'll sell eventually and then others will follow your lead.

Yes, even micro four thirds. I used to use it. Unless you are zooming in on tiny birds on a shoestring budget with garbo lenses that barely outdo a cheaper and lighter sony rx10, do not waste your time with that worthless fucking shit, save your money for another month, commit to an extra half pound, and go aps-c/full frame

If you believe this small camera will help your street photography (unsolicited creepshots of women, with a blurry hobo here and there to show the cops and run if you are questioned - dont lie, we know thats what all streetyfags do), everyone sees you have a camera no matter how big it is, you are a paranoid schizophrenic, and you should actually buy a coolpix p1000.
>>
>>4310793
What made you both decide to go into the system?
>>
>>4312034
Literally cause I thought the V1 looked cool and it had a viewfinder, which other mirrorless didn’t without weird add ons at the time. I don’t regret my decision.
>>
>>4312034
>>4312043
Oh and I guess the gf got a J1 because it looked cute and I upsold her from a point and shoot saying she could use my lenses if she ever wanted to (never did)
>>
>>4310793

>Winnipeg

I am truly sorry.
>>
>>4312030
I have a d60 and d7200.
I'm just curious for something that I can keep in my car or laying around the house or for like a birthday party, something that isn't my phone, I don't want to buy flagship phones anymore. And I thought a camera like the J1 would offer an alternative. I'm also more inclined to actually post or keep photos from a camera than my phone since I'm used to taking large amount of photos from my DLSRs and such.

>>4312023
The 1 series I think was made in Thailand, that was around the time Nikon started to really export production.
>>
File: DSC_0465.jpg (2.17 MB, 3761x2518)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB JPG
>>4312147
at least its not saskatchewan. this thread got me lookin up V1s on ebay, man, fuck.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON 1 V1
Camera SoftwareAperture 3.4.3
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2013:04:08 16:14:28
Exposure Time1/3200 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length10.00 mm
Image Width3761
Image Height2518
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>4312303

Yeah I guess vomit is slightly better than shit
>>
File: 1000002147.jpg (2.87 MB, 1366x2048)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
>>4310777
>>4312017
yeah these things suck balls, better sell them to me.

Camera ModelNIKON 1 V3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Lightroom 9.2.0 (Android)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)810 mm
Image Created2024:04:23 05:02:37
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length300.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
File: 1000002148.jpg (2.08 MB, 1366x2048)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>4310744
to actually answer your question OP, i love nikon 1 shit, people can complain about small sensor size whatever but the real killer is lens selection, Nikon made fuck all and there's almost zero third party shit and the stuff that is available is in focal lengths that don't match the awkward 2.7 crop ratio.

Save yourself the grief and either get an e-p1 for $50 and have the whole catalogue of m4/3 lenses available or get an e-m10 mk1 if you really need the viewfinder. Or a Panasonic but i don't know what models.

That being said, the 1 niggor 70-300 is really fucking good.

Camera ModelNIKON 1 V3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Lightroom 9.2.0 (Android)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)810 mm
Image Created2024:04:14 17:27:30
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length300.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.