[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Redgrass fields.jpg (62 KB, 960x640)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Daemon Blackfyre lies dead upon Redgrass field, together with two of his sons. With them, dies the first Blackfyre Rebellion. These are the days when peace once more returns to the seven kingdoms, the days when the brave and true fell in battle, and left behind the embittered and mournful.

King Daeron II 'The Good' Targaryen owes his victory over his half-brother to his two sons and another half-brother, together with two Valeman, one a knight of the kingsguard and the other the Lord of the Eyrie.

The seven kingdoms are as united as they'll ever be; Targaryen rule has been secured once more, and peace reigns throughout the land.

But not all is well; rebellious lords have had their lands stripped and hostages taken in an effort to maintain order and compliance.

Across the narrow sea, Aegor Bittersteel lurks with a growing army of exiles, including the remaining members of House Blackfyre. But for now, an uneasy, bitter peace hangs over the realm.

You are in mourning as well, for your lord father has fallen as well. Whether it was at Redgrass Field or some other battle, the histories would not remember. But it does leave you the lord of a minor house.

But where?

>In the Westerlands
>In the North
>In the Reach
>In the Vale
>In the Stormlands
>In Dorne
>In the Riverlands
>In the Crownlands
>In the Iron Islands
>>
>>6002017
>In the Iron Islands
Pirate Knight Quest?
>>
>>6002017
uh...
>In the Crownlands
>>
>>6002017
>>In Dorne
>>
>>6002017
>In the Iron Islands

Lets go!
>>
>>6002017
>In Dorne
>>
>>6002017
>In the Riverlands
>>
>>6002017
>In the Crownlands
>>
>>6002017
>In Dorne
>>
>>6002017

>In the Crownlands

I’ll bite, QM
>>
>>6002017
>In the Iron Islands
>>
>>6002017
>In the Crownlands
>>
>In the Crownlands
>>
>>6002017
>>In the Iron Islands
Hope is a small and fragile thing
>>
>>6002017
>>In the Crownlands
desu being near the capital during this age era seems fun
( how long does this one last /qst/
>>
>>6002017
>In the Iron Islands

OH! the blood runs cold!
>>
File: The Crownlands.jpg (83 KB, 620x573)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
The Crownlands are, together with the Riverlands, two regions which do count among the seven kingdoms. But even the Riverlands could boast about an independent past with the kings of house Mudd. Shortly before the conquest, the region around the Blackwater Bay that would become the Crownlands were divided between the Kings of house Hoare and Durrandon. Aegon 'The Conquer' made these land directly answerable to him and built King's Landing at the mouth of the Blackwater river, the region became the cultural, political and commercial centre of the Seven Kingdoms, and because of, or perhaps in spite of Targaryen rule; The Crownlands today are the men who would rally directly to the cause of the King in times of war.

You, your father, and a younger brother of yours where with Prince Maekar's host at Redgrass Fields, together with Ser Brynden Rivers, Lord Donnel Arryn and Ser Gwayne Corbray of the Kingsguard. For a while it would look like you would be overrun by the onslaught of the Blackfyres, but then Corbray and Blackfyre duelled, and Lady Forlorn and the sword Blackfyre sung. The clash of the Valyrian steel could be heard for miles. Corbray lost, but he bought time for Brynden Rivers, better known as 'bloodraven' to take his men up a ridge. There, he loosed hail after hail of arrows upon the would-be King, who persihed with his two sons.

Bittersteel managed to rally the remaining Blackfyres before going after Bloodraven himself, but the battle was already nearing its conclusion. Prince Baelor 'Breakspear' was closing in with a host of Stormlanders and Dornishmen, he struck the rebel rear, and the rebellion was over.

You had managed to keep your brother close to you, and managed to save him from a certain death, but you had lost track of father, you found him the next day, with the tip of a lance in one of his slits. You had the body placed on a cart and had gathered the remaing men-at-arms before returning home.

Where in the Crownlands do you make your home.
>At Cracklaw point
>At the covergance of the Blackwater and the Godseye rivers.
>Near the Kingswood.
>South of Massey's hook
>Between Rosby and the Antlers
>>
>>6003232
>>At Cracklaw point
Crab style
>>
>>6003232
>>
>>6003232
>At Cracklaw point
Clawmen are the most overlooked Westerosi ethnicity.
>>
>>6003232
>>At the covergance of the Blackwater and the Godseye rivers.
>>
>>6003232

Prime real-estate
>>
>>6003232
>At Cracklaw point

Let's get some clawman action
>>
>>6003232
>>At the covergance of the Blackwater and the Godseye rivers.
>>
File: The home estate.jpg (114 KB, 620x573)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Your home estates lie on the confluence of the rivers of the Blackwater Rush and the river flowing from the God's eye. Though the Blackwater is treacherous in its currents, it is the artery of King Landing. The land where it joins with the god's eye river. During the harvests, the grains and other crops come flowing down the god's eye to King's Landing. The Confluence is a popular rest stop for the captains of the river barges, and a small town has developed around it. Your caste, or rather castles (Thanks to recent events) located further up north along the God's Eye river. There it can overlook not only the town but the Gold road from Lannisport to King's Landing as well. All in all, it is a pretty good piece of land. Mostly flat, and with plenty of meadows and fields and close not only the rivers but a major road as well. This does not mean it is all good, the river has a tendency to flood and although you never considered it as part of your domain. A hefty piece of marshland also belongs to your house.

Before you returned home, however, you helped the Targaryen's with one last thing, when King Daeron ascended the throne he had given Daemon Blackfyre a tract of land along the Blackwater Rush with the right to raise a castle there, with him first rebelling and then dying, King Daeron declared the land forfeit, and partitioned it between his loyal lords. Mayhaps the rebellious lords of Westeros thought of Daeron as too soft, too forgiving or too willing to forgive, they would have been quite surprised when he stripped them of half their lands and had hostages taken to ensure compliance. No, you thought while marching home, there shan't be another rebellion as long as the hostages are alive.

You count among your neighbours the lords Hayford (the land of the now the dead hand of the king) to your east, and the Riverlands to your north and Reach to your west and south. The recent punishments of the lords has allowed you to consolidate your position better than before with a few landed knights now sworn to your service, admittedly you can count them on one hand, but it is a start.

You had the remains of the pretenders castle carted off for building material to strengthen your own keep and walls. The castle, like mentioned before, stand a bit to the north of the proper confluence, mostly to keep an eye on the Gold Road. It is raised upon and a hill and a part of the river had been diverged to fill a moat, you remember that in the long summer the mosquitos would swarm about endlessly from the moat, preying upon the cows, horses and stable hands.

Please enter your name

Given name
>Gulian
>Raymund
>Willem
>Lothar
>Elwood.
>Write-in
Family name
>Farrest
>Tallman
>Marshgard
>Estenton
>Greatmoor
>Write-in
>>
>>6003628
>Alliser
>Blackfork
>>
>>6003628
>Corlin
>Facewater
>>
>>6003628
>Alistar
>Blackfork
Sigil is a black bident on a gold background
Words: "Valor and Prosperity"
>>
>>6004093
Great sigil and word pair.
>>
You are Alliser Blackfork, the son of Hendry Blackfork. You were born twenty-and-four years ago. In your childhood served as a page at the court of Lord Rosby and as a squire to Lord Stokeworth.

You have two brothers, Ser Irwen, who at present represents your house in King's Landing, and Rolland, who is currently a squire to the Lord Bar Emmon of Sharp Point. Your mother died of a severe bout of consumption, according to Maester Godric, a few years ago. Father was a kind and well-meaning man, but indolent in his affair. Mother was usually needed to nudge him into action, and after her death, your betrothed, a Mallery girl, died of the pox a few years later. Ever the procrastinator, your father made a few token efforts to replace her, but without success. That is not to say that he was a complete failure. He was good and just in his dealings with the smallfolk, he renovated Fork's Point, the ancestral castle of your family, and in his youth he was a jouster of local renown.

Family is everything in this kingdom, and those who have the best lineages are often held in the best regards, your mother was no Arryn, Tully or Lannister, but she did come from a respectable local family.

Which one?
>House Bywater
>House Harte
>House Rollingfort
>House Celtigar
>House Farring
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

>>6004414
Rolling for mommy house
>>
>>6004414
>House Harte
They have a cool sigil, but picking the Celtigars is tempting, considering the Valyrian heritage.
>>
>>6004414
>House Harte
Rad ass symbol for blackfork
>>
>House Celtigar
>>
>>6004414
>House Celtigar
>>
>>6004414
>House Celtigar
>>
File: HouseCeltigar.png (498 KB, 1200x1320)
498 KB
498 KB PNG
Your grandfather was an ambitious and cunning man, he had determined that his son would marry a member of one of the Valyrian houses, not matter what. Unfortunately for him, the Targaryen's were obviously out of the question and the Velaryon's were of too high status as well. Thus, the only option with some respectability were the Celtigar's.

It was said that during the times of the Freehold that the Targaryen's were one of the lesser noble families of Valyria, with the Velaryon in even lower status. The Celtigars probably were the lowest of the lows in the eyes of the dragon lords, barely even counting as nobility, and even today they can't quite live up to their distant cousins' reputation. The Celtigar's lay claim to lordship of the entirety of Crackclaw point, but they have never been able to enforce it.

They are very rich, however, and your father's dowry included multiple gems, a few Volantine carpets, a Myrish clock and a ceremonial bident, with a shaft of Weirwood. But that thing is a worthless twig compared to the ancestral weapon of your mother's house, the Valyrian steel axe Crab's Pincer, priceless beyond compare, even the poorest of the poor would think twice before selling such a weapon.

The seed, as they say, is strong. When Prince Baelor was born, many of King Daeron's enemies used his Dornish appearance against him, in spit of the fact that his brothers look like the spitting image of a Valyrian weakened his argument in the eyes of your father.

And how about it, did the blood of Valyrian dominate in your features as well?
>No, I took after my father side of the family.
>Yes, my purple eyes and pale blonde hear have been the source of many turned heads.

And what is the stereotypical build of a member of house Blackfork?
>The blood of the first men still flows strong, a son of Blackfork is typcally of stocky build with broad shoulders and dark brown hair
>We still take after the Andals, we are typcally and lighthaired, with strawblond hair.
>A member of house Blackfork is lean and lithe, with dark red hair.
>Write-in (Just specify the general build of the body and the hair colour)
>>
>>6004756
>>No, I took after my father side of the family.
>The blood of the first men still flows strong, a son of Blackfork is typcally of stocky build with broad shoulders and dark brown hair

Although I'd take the Blackfork build with purple eyes if possible
>>
>>6004756
>Yes, my purple eyes and pale blonde hear have been the source of many turned heads.
>A member of house Blackfork is lean and lithe, with dark red hair.
>>
>>
>>6004768
+1
>>
>>6004756
>We still take after the Andals, we are typcally and lighthaired, with strawblond hair.
>>
>>6004768
+1
>>
>>6004768
+1
I like the quest so far
>>
The first men were the first main group to settle in Westeros, a heritage you are well aware of. Men of house Blackfork are typically of a sturdy build, with square jaws and straight noses. Some ancestors of your house were famous for their strength, like the Crakehalls in the west, but most are renowned for their ability to take punches, not give them. It was said that ser Gorold Blackfork leaped from the towers of a castle during the dance of the dragons and was able to walk it off with only mild injuries, in spite of the castle having no moats. Likewise, Symond Blackfork was banished to the night's watch, but later became a ranger and managed to survive a blizzard long enough to warn the wall of a wildling attack.

You do have one thing left over from your mother, your purple eyes, it made you the favourite of your mother's and despite lacking any other Valyrian features still got a lot of attention from the people who talked to you face to face. Celtigars are penny pinchers, and your mother was no different, she was as stingy as it got and had become skilled in the sewing of her own dresses, she never wore her jewellery outside important occasions and thought you the stern virtue of thriftiness.

Aside from looking like your northern cousins, your family was still otherwise completely Andalised, in both culture and faith, you had too, all your neighbours follow the seven and so do you, indeed, only through the rites of the seven can one become a knight. The godswood still stands in the courtyard as a garden, but the way of worship for them has been lost to the south.

What type of faith do you adhere to?
>The standard doctrine of the seven, in accordance with the seven-pointed star, my godswood is purely secular. [Standard Faith of the Seven]
>I follow the seven, but that does not mean that the old gods and their weirwoods should not be given attention. [Seven-Old Gods syncretism]
>We still follow the old gods, much like the Blackwoods in the Riverlands do; the Andals couldn't destroy all of our traditions. [Old Gods worship]
>>
>>6005970
>I follow the seven, but that does not mean that the old gods and their weirwoods should not be given attention. [Seven-Old Gods syncretism]

Cool choice, I'll take it, also enjoyed the lil tidbits of history of our ancestors. Gorold sounds like a chad, mayhaps a son will bare his name in the future
>>
>>
Also, QM, you may wanna shill your quest in the /qtg/ and drop a link there. Always a good idea for new quests
>>
>>6005970
>The standard doctrine of the seven, in accordance with the seven-pointed star, my godswood is purely secular. [Standard Faith of the Seven]
>>
>>6005970

Don't think we can ignore the Old gods entirely when the isle of Faces is close.
>>
File: NCQ_Opener.png (1.88 MB, 1280x768)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB PNG
Thread 4 of Normal Cultivator Quest!

>>6006116

Time surely flies. Protag is less and less normal.
>>
>>6005970

Could justify it that we’ve had a fascination with weirwood on account of our bident.

Also I was today years old when I learnt that a bident is a thing.

>>6003628
House Malroy would be our neighbours and at this point in the timeline a pretty respectable martial house. They’re also positioned on the gold road and along the river. You don’t have to cross pollinate with that quest, but we could get some awesome golden horses at some point :)
>>
File: IMG_5279.jpg (942 KB, 1242x1069)
942 KB
942 KB JPG
>>6006581
Like, the fork is basically just where House Malory was (e.g Steadhold)

https://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/2015/42579966/images/1442599263226.jpg

You can do what you want though, just hand wave it that either they or us are further along the river and gold road. There was some other house that was actually there that House Malroy supplanted
>>
>>6006589
I do understand, but I want to read the archived threads about house Malory (I am currently reading the one about house Harrock.) before I make a decision. (A lot of 4chan /tg/ /qst/ houses are in the vale for some reason, I noticed.)
>>
>>6006121
Sorry for that QM, I thought this was /qtg for some reason. Can't delete so late.
>>
>>6005970
>We still follow the old gods, much like the Blackwoods in the Riverlands do; the Andals couldn't destroy all of our traditions. [Old Gods worship]
>>
The Seven are the religion of the South, but that does not mean that the Old Gods should be respected. And personally, you always found the worship of the Old Gods to be much simpler than the one in the Sept; there are no priests present, and there is little to no ceremony involved. Though your family performs most of its religious duties, such as marriages, funerals, and other such things in the sept, there is always room for the God of the Weirwood in Fork's Point. The hearttree here does not cry or laugh; instead, it looks stoically at anyone who passes it by, with drawn lips and a furrowed brow, like an overseer or stern father, quiet but watchful.

By following your mother's advice, you grew into a thrifty and temperate young man. Your bed is comfortable but hard, your meals are good but not opulent, and your clothes are well-maintained but not extravagant. This worldview was reinforced when you saw King Aegon IV for the first, and last, time as a lad of ten. How he could move you had no idea; he was more slug than man, with those small pig eyes hidden behind those folds of lard. The unworthy, aye, that he was indeed. Father once told you he was glad he had no daughters during his reign, and mother breathed a sigh of relief when he died, as she had refused to enter King's Landing while he was there.

It was early in the afternoon when you crossed the bridge over the Godseye River to Fork's Point, the main castle of House Blackfork. Built of sandstone, with a granite foundation, the moat was connected to the Godseye River, and the eastern section of the castle on the river has a small harbour to supply in case of sieges, and a higher floor has the main hall of the castle, newly built by your father, with large windows and a balcony overlooking the river. This is not the only castle you hold; Ferrykeep, which overlooks the ferry over the Blackwater River, is another one. But that castle is more or less a glorified toll collection station, so you don't often go there; your brother, Ser Irwen, resides there whenever he isn't at the capital. There is Hornblower Tower as well, but that castle is only used as a hunting lodge and lookout point.

You returned to Fork's point at the head of a funeral procession, together with your knights, landed and otherwise. You had not bothered removing your father's helmet because of the lance tip dislodged in his eye. The smallfolk who had come to see their lords return joined in the funeral procession to the drawbridge as well.

''I fear your father will have to be buried with an eyepatch, unfortunately.'' Maester Godric said to you, a thin man hailing from the Riverlands, with a neck so thin you would think it would snap and heavy, bushy eyebrows that sometimes obscured his eyes. He has been with your family since you were little, and he's like an uncle or grandfather to you, always full of ancient wisdom or good anecdotes. After the funeral, you shall take seat in your dad's solar for the first time as lord.
>>
The funeral was a good and holy affair. The entire castle staff was in attendance. There was Ormory, a shrewish middle-aged man with a small, well-trimmed moustache, the steward. Ser Hollis Grenbrooke, an older man with a widow's peak and red sideburns, is the master-at-arms. Maester Godric, obviously, and Septon Uthor, a mild-mannered and timid septon thanks to his stutter.

Father's corpse looked a bit silly thanks to the eyepatch, but Maester Godric had told you it was necessary to bury him with some dignity. Afterwards, you and your entourage retired from the sept to let Septon Uthor do his work. Still, perhaps you should speak with one of them.

>Speak with Ormory about the state of the ledgers and finances.
>Talk with Ser Hollis about the losses in the levy after the Redgrass Field and other martial matters.
>Speak with Maester Godric, about if there was any news from the ravenry.
>>
>>6006714
We have to know of the current state of affairs in our realm and diplomatically before we can commit to moving forward with anything
>>
>>6006727

I’m assuming we’re the heir since our brother is younger yeah? How do we go about becoming Lord? Do we need to go to KL and swear to the king, or is it just assumed? Or did that stuff happen before we arrived home?

Might be good to check ravens and then call a small council and find out about stuff. E.g different members of the council can bring problems/plot hooks to our attention and we can choose which ones to pursue over the month (and do fortune rolls if that’s the route you’re going down).

Might be worth at some point finding out how our mother feels about being a widow and what our younger brother wants in life (is he happy being a toll collector?)

And since we’re not married, eventually waifus…

>>6006591
Honestly don’t sweat it. Just write what you want. The Malroy quest (and Reynold overlap) is basically from the tourney at Harrenhal until just after Robert’s Rebellion. So they don’t have to be relevant in your quest. But the way it was written was that most of the surrounding Lords were antagonistic but eventually got wrecked.
>>
>>
>>6006727
>>Speak with Ormory about the state of the ledgers and finances.
Gold leads the way.
>>
>>6006727
>Speak with Ormory about the state of the ledgers and finances.

Let's see if we've inherited a going concern or are deeply indebted.
>>
''Maester Godric, has there been any news from the ravenry? Any updates about the whereabouts of the remaining Blackfyres, or Bittersteel?''

Maester Godric was not a physically impressive man; his legs had always been thin, and he was by nature more of an indoors person, but he enjoyed reading and telling stories; he taught you about the histories of the Seven Kingdoms, of the Winged Knight, of Lann the clever, of Garth Greenhand, and many, many other histories.

''The master of whisperers, Lord Brynden Rivers, has been leading a manhunt all over the Seven Kingdoms, but there have been rumours that Bittersteel brought the remaining Blackfyres east to Essos, where he is amassing an army to invade once the heir of Daemon Blackfyre is old enough to lead. I suppose they will seek refuge in the homeland of their mother, Tyrosh.''

''And does Lord Bloodraven intend to do anything about that?'' you ask in return.

''The letters did not mention anything of the like, and you were at Redgrass Field yourself; wasn't he there as well?'' The old maester mused.

Oh yes, he was. He still had two eyes then. He, Prince Maekar, and Lord Arryn had held council the night before. Maekar and Arryn would hold out long enough for Prince Baelor to arrive from the south, and Bloodraven would take the Weeping Ridge with his Raven's Teeth longbowmen. The plan nearly went awry when Blackfyre charged, only for Corbray to distract him long enough to get into position. If it weren't for Bittersteel, Baelor's arrival would have been unnecessary. It made Bloodraven a kinslayer, one of the gravest crimes imaginable. It was whispered in the tent afterwards that he used sorcery to land a killing blow on Daemon, and the sight of his eyeless socket made your stomach turn a little.

''My lord?'' Godric looked worridly at you.
>Bloodraven, I'd rather I would never hear that name again.
>Oh, yes, Maester, trust me, that man would hunt to Asshai and back to exterminate them.
>I can only hope he doesn't go that far.
>Write-in
>>
>>6006989
>I can only hope he doesn't go that far.
>Write-in
"Any news from the neighboring lands? And what of our liege? Have you received any proclamations?"
>>
>>6007027
+1
>>
>>6007027
+1
>>
>>6007027
+1
>>
''I can only hope he doesn't go that far.''

Bloodraven is not the type to give up the chase so easily, but he does understand the concept of jurisdiction. As long as Bittersteel and the Blackfyres remain in Essos, he will hopefully not go after them.

''And is there any news from the neighbouring lands? And what of our liege? Have you received any proclamations?''

''There has been news from the north; the Skagosi rebellion is still active.''

''Skagos?'' You knew a little of it; only that its northern tip lies beyond the wall by virtue of being an island.''

''Yes, Skagos. Do you remember what I told you about it? It is apparently inhabited by half-wild cannibals and unicorns, and it has rebelled against the Starks at the same time as the Blackfyre rebellion.''

''And what of King Daeron? Has he proclaimed anything? Has he stripped lords of their titles?''

''Yes, yes, King Daeron ordered a flurry of orders, decrees, and proclamations concerning the rebellion; the crownlands were relatively unchanged; in the Riverlands, the likes of the Brackens have been forced to give land to the Blackwoods; the Lothstones changed sides and were left intact; the Butterwells were punished as well; in the Westerlands, the Lannisters took the opportunity to cripple Reynes for the time being; in the Reach, the Peakes, and the Osgreys lost land. The Vale and North have been so tightly controlled by their Lord Paramount that only a few lords rebelled, and in Dorne, the Yronwoods sided with the pretender to spite the Martells. The Reach lords supplied most of the Blackfyre armies.'' Godric had always talked in a slow and careful manner, which made him good at informing and explaining.

''I suppose most are still resentful of the Tyrells?''

''Indeed, most Reachmen could never accept that ''mere stewards of Highgarden'' were now their liege lords. Most of the great houses sided with the King, and for good reason, the status quo favours them; the lesser lord went with Daemon to gain status.'' The old man tugged a bit at his remaining hair before he continued. ''The hour is growing late, my lord, and old men should not stay up late; if you bid me to bed, I would see you again in the morrow.'' And that you did, you yourself went to bed—not in your father's bed yet, but in your own old bed. You were not wed and thus had no use of a bed meant for two.

Breakfast that morning was as simple as a man of your station could permit. You do not speak during meals; you came to eat, not to make conversation; your meals were meant to be eaten, not to impress someone with their complexity; thus, you started your day with an omelette with mushrooms, bacon, and a pear. It was too early to begin drinking alcohol, and thus you had a glass of milk.

You met with your own council afterwards, they all were there, Ormory was stroking his moustace as per usuall, Ser Hollis was fiddling with his fingers and Maester Godric stood close to the wall.
>>
>>6007816

What subject would you like to discuss?
>Status of the fields and crafts of your holdings.
>The financial state of the lordship
>The status of the men-at-arms.
>>
>>6007817
+
>to send ravens informing nearby lords we are in search of a bride. The line must be secured
>>
>>6007816
Wars are expensive
>>
>>
>>6007817
>>
>>6007817
>>6007833
+1
>>
''Ormory, what is the present state of our finances?'' The war was a major financial strain on the coffers, as your lord father once told you. Ormory was not impressive, a fat middle-aged man of average height with a moustache he stroked as a matter of habit and cool, calculative eyes. He was a pencil pusher in all forms, being good in the realm of bookkeeping and finance.

''The treasury is nearing its bottom; the paying of the wages of the soldiers and the break in trade resulted in a downturn that ate through the reserves like wildfire. The only saving grace we had was that Redgrass Field happened before we were forced to take out any loans.'' The man twirled his moustache around his finger before continuing.

''We can recover, but it would take a few years and harvests to recover the lost coin. While you could always cut the expenditures or levy a tax upon the smallfolk, I believe what we need now is coin today, not tomorrow, to invest, that is.

''And how would we do that?'' You were wary of business ventures, as nearly all Westerosi nobles were; it is unseemly conducting such things as a mere merchant, as in the free cities.

''While you could always take a loan from the Iron Bank or House Lannister, I wouldn't recommend it; the Lannisters are hoarding their gold at the moment, and the Iron Bank is hedging its bets. You could always marry a girl with a large dowery; there should be a lot of widows, some of whom have most likely never seen their husband, but still, the largest doweries will have the most competitors.

>And where do you suppose I should look for a bride?

>But why would we need money now?

>So I take the world of merchant has to recover as well.
>>
>>
>>6008267
>>
>>6008267
>>
>>6008267
Big Tiddy Medieval Gf gets

I'm okay with a smaller downry for a more pleasant/strategist oriented girl.
>>
>>6008267

we need a lass with big tits! like becky! also needs to know her numbers i guess
>>
>>6008267
Tell me you got genius architect pussy on speedraven
>>
>>6008267

And where do you suppose I should look for a bride?

Oh Ormory you lewd man; “marry a girl with a large dowery”. Large tracts of land is a good option as well :)

Other than toll collecting, what are our incomes/holdings? How many castles /towers do we have which we’re maintaining?

How story vs crunchy will the quest be?
>>
>>6008267

The bloodline must be secured!
>>
''And where do you suppose I should look for a bride?''

''I would recommend one from the Westerlands, it is close enough and the country was not particularly damaged, the Crownlands, Riverlands and Stormlands would also do. The Reach north of Highgarden would too make for a good match, The Vale, North, Iron Islands and Dorne are not really options because they are too far away from our demesne, but in the end it is your choice.

''I see, and what do our fields and meadow at present produce, I take it we have little in terms of crafts?'' The lands around Fork's peak were flat and fertile, squished between two rivers. This also made the banks unsuitable for crops due to the flooding that occasionally happens, you also own a large swathe of marshland, but turning that into something arable and profitable would take a lot of time

Eventually you spoke again, ''very well I have come to a decision. You may search for a suitable consort in.''
>The Crownlands
>The Westerland
>The Stormlands
>The Vale
>The Riverlands
>The Reach

>>6008777
More on the Story side, I am not good with numbers.
>>
>>6009253
>The Westerlands

also we got marshland? lots of useful things in marshes, peat, Bog Iron (you need a lot of it to make iron), clay...etc. We could probably also give hunting rights to nearby villages for increased taxes or establish villages nearby to start making use of the marsh, not even harvesting peat or bog iron, the lumber would also net some profits. I think it'd be a waste to turn it to farmland. And we could also hunt it on a commercial level, dry or pickle most of what is caught, letting us feed ourselves and our peasants if fields go fallow or a famine/ war hits.

And the swamp itself could be used as a natural defense if another war happens at home. So it'd pay to get who would be our levies in such a time adapted to it, not just in our time, but for our eventual heirs and their heirs
>>
>>6009253
>The Westerland
Sure, why not
>>
>>6009253
>Westerlands
>>
>>6009260
Though of course to know what is in those marshes and how much of it, we'll need to do a survey of them, and probably the rest of our holdings at some later date. Who knows we might stumble upon something even more exciting than a swamp that's been overlooked by previous lords. Though I do think we should inspect the marshes in an official manner at some point, since while they're good for resources and defenses against enemy armies, they're also very nice homes for outlaws. And this being Asoiaf, I'd bet my left nut there are at least some bandits squatting there so soon after a war.
>>
>>6009253
>The Crownlands
Dragonbloodmaxxing
>>
>>6009253
I agree with dragonbloodmaxxing, but I'm torn between the Westerlands and Crownlands. A Velaryon wife would be great, but they're probably out of our league unless they've got several daughters. Longwaters are a minor house and wouldn't really bring much to the table. Marrying a Celtigar cousin kind of defeats the purpose of a marriage in our situation.

Going to have to go with
>The Westerlands
Might get an in with the Lannisters, and new trade opportunities would be good.
Something ideal would be House Plumm - old so likely at least respects first men culture, presumably wealthy, descended from Elaena Targaryen (and possibly Aegon IV) for that dragon blood.
>>
>>6009438
That can be indeed good.
Once again, I'd prefer a smart and pleasant woman against a higher born one; we'll might have several opportunities.
>>
>>6009440
Yeah, and getting a match from a house that doesn't mind our culture/religion rather than viewing it as some sort of heresy is important.

Also, now that I think on it, I don't think enough time has passed for the Plumms to have any dragon blood daughters from Elaena's marriage yet, aside from the actual male heir. A wife from a house that has some control of the headwaters in the Westerlands or Reach could be good.
>>
The Westerlands is where the money is, the sheer raw mineral wealth that comes out of that a part of the world is astonishing and the fact that it hasn't been exhausted yet despite being in operation for more than a century is quite a miracle.

As for your marriage options, you would probably be laughed out of both Castamere and Casterly Rock if you made the attempt. Thus, you must look at the members of the lower houses. Thankfully, many of them can be traced back to the first man. Much like many other andalised noble families outside the Vale.

The Plumms are an ancient and respectable family from the Westerlands that has had the honour of marrying into the Royal family, though the late Lord Plumm died in the marraige bed his son, Viserys Plumm is the present head of the house. Though some claim that he is a secret bastard of Aegon IV, his mother Elaena was not the real object of his lusts in comparison to her elder sister Daena. At the moment, the Lord Plumm has two daughters, both of whom are in their minority, at fourteen and nine respectivly.

House Lannister of Lannisport is the cadet branch of the Lannisters that oversee the city of Lannisport, their main appeal is the connection to the Lannister name and connections to the merchants and goldsmiths of Lannisport. If you are really want to approach the Lannisters they might be your best shot.

House Parren is an interesting case, the most devastated of all the Westerman houses, they have seen the male line of their family been trimmed to the branch, at the moment they are all to well aware that they need both allies and that their line might end, perhaps you could worm your way into a part of the inheritance?

Though these are not the only options open to you, they are perhaps the best you would get. Unfortunately, you cannot visit in person to see the ladies, at least, before you're settled in your own fiefs. So you would have to send envoys with gifts and hope that you can secure a future meeting

>Send envoys to House Plumm
>Send envoys to House Lannister of Lannisport
>Send envoys to House Parren
>Reject these houses, and sreach in a other Kingdoms.
>>
>>6009966

We too, have experienced loss
>>
>>6009966
>>
>>6009966
>The Plumms
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single woman in possession of good plums, must be in want of a husband
>>
>>
>>6009966
Parren, Parren; it rhymes with 'barren'. We need to ensure there is at least some sort of descent.

>Send envoys to House Plumm
>>
>>6010123
Did your legs hurt jumping to that conclusion? Also Plumm's daughters, if we get the eldest, will take two years until we get married. a lot can kill us in two years, and if we get stuck with the younger, that's seven years
>>
>>6009966
>>Send envoys to House Parren
I still would like to hear about the others houses wife options. As only the House Plumm's lady options were given some info.
>>
>>6010145
The lady Parren is a maid of six and ten summers, widowed before the match was consummated.

The lady Lannister of Lannisport served as a lady-in-waiting to the proper Lannisters of Casterly Rock. She is twenty-five.

Their appearances and personalities will remain vague until the envoys return, and after you decide to meet them in person.
>>
>>6010161
This makes me all the more certain of my choice
>>
>>6009966
Gotta make the choices a winner would, Anon.
>>
>>6010041

>>6010128
Yeah two years in game is a long time.

It looks like Parren has won. But I wouldn’t mind sending out a letter to the Lannisport Lannisters as well, but just give priority to Parren. Being 25 and single and from a great family means something went wrong. Might be able to come to a beneficial agreement.
>>
''I would like to send someone to house Parren, I heard that the lord Parren lost three of his sons in the fighting. But his lands should be in good order.''

''Parren it is then.'' Ormory said with a clap of his hands. ''I shall send someone there within the week.'' and the short man jumped for his chair to walk to the exit.

''There is one more thing, my lord'' Ormory said with a turn. ''What part of your demesne would you like to visit first? I take it you would like to take a survey of it before you commit to any project.''

A good point, you may have been born here, but you spend a good chunk of your youth in someone else's courts, and even when you returned, you had other duties to attend too.

''I would like to visit.''
>Ferrykeep
>The marshland
>Hornblower Tower.
>The fields and village surrounding Fork's point.
>>
>>6012179
>>The fields and village surrounding Fork's point.
>>
>>6012179
>The marshland
>>
>>
>>6012179
>>
>>6012179
> Ferrykeep
>>
>>6012179
>>Hornblower Tower.
>>
>>6012179
>>
In the shadow of Fork's Point lies the village of Great Fork, with Little Fork on the other side of the Godseye river. You should be vaguely familiar with the surrounding area, that you decide on a relatively simple route through the fields and the village centre.

It is a pleasant little trip, you think to yourself. Riding your horse was always a good pastime, it kept you active and made you feel free as you charged across roads, fields and hills. Like it was true freedom. Unfortunately, you have to slow your pace to oversee the fields and farms.

The land you see is not unique, the fields are separated by hedges and wooden fences, with a few farmhouses and trees sprinkled around to break up the flatness, except for the orchards, which stand neatly trimmed and maintained, the same can be said for the grain and rye, though neither fruit nor vegetable is yet ready for the harvest. The cattle are something you look at with great interest from a vantage point, as the sons of the peasants round up the sheep for the shearing of their wool. The cows are gently grazing in their own meadow and the pigs spends their time under the roof of their sheds.

The peasants, for their part, take off their hats and lower their heads as you make your way past them. They seem to accept their new lord with the necessary formality, you suppose that it has to do with your father's relative light hand in the running of things, as he never demanded extra taxes, abused them for petty cruelties or in any other way mistreated them. He said that the nobles had their own end to upheld where the feudal contract was concerned, as the lords were not only their masters, but also the local arbitrators in the peasant's their disputes.

Ser Jothos, a sworn shield of yours, pulls his horse up beside you. ''I take it you have found everything here to your liking, my lord?''

''Would you like to go into the village centre or have you seen a crop of particular interest?'' Ser Jothos was always more for jousting or warring, he was never interested in the more peaceful aspect of nobility.

>Yes, I would like to see the village.
>I would like to look at the orchards.
>No, please lead me to the meadows with the cattle.
>I think I would like to see more of the cropfielda
>>
>>6014369
I like apples.
>>
>>6014369

Perhaps it's a bit early, but let's see what sort of fruit trees we're growing here.
>>
>>6014369
>>
>>6014369
Better meet who's feeding us.
>>
>>6014369
>>
>>6014369
> Yes, I would like to see the village.
>>
The village of Greatfork is not special. There is a tavern, a wooden sept, the hovels of the smallfolk and their workshops and the litter and other rubbish they leave around. All in all, you are not impressed with what you see at first glance

Your horse slow walk into the centre of the village flanked by two knights give you the air of importance as the commons, who were busy washing, haggling, smithing, repairing, carting and some other forms of work. Slowly drop their tools to watch their lord.

Most of them look nervous, a bald baker head's is effectively a fountain of sweat, mayhaps they are right to be nervous, after all, who know if the new lord is as cruel or kind as the previous one.

Still, you came here with a reason, and that was to get an idea of the state of the land. Perhaps you would like to speak to them, or perhaps you like to announce something.
>Make a formall introduction of yourself.
>Announce a new tax.
>Declare that you will fund a new annual festitval.
>Hold court from your mount, and here the petiions of the smallfolk.
>Write-in
>>
>>6015530
+
>>
>>6015530
>>
>>6015530
>>
>>
>>6015530
>>Make a formall introduction of yourself.
>Hold court from your mount, and here the petiions of the smallfolk
>>
You tug the rains of your horse close to come to a stop in the dead centre of the village. You then give the signal for the horn to be blown to signal that you have something important to say. Fittingly, you hand over a piece of parchment to the local crier to read out loud to the now assembling crowd.

''As the new lord of this land, I, Alliser of the House of Blackfork, do hereby formally wish to introduce myself to thee, my subjects. As my lord father died upon Redgrass Field, I ask that you pray for his soul. I shall now hold and hear your petitions, disputes, grievances, and other matters that require the attention of your lord.

It begins simple enough: some widows asking for the remaining salary of their deceased husbands who died in the rebellion; a dispute over a wild apple tree that stands on the grounds of two peasants; a dispute over whether a cow born on the grain field belongs to the grain farmer or the cattle rearer to whom the mother cow belonged.

Eventually the line of petitioners thinned out, and you were left with one last dispute

A dispute between two brothers, they had a third brother who died in the war, and they're fighting over the inheritance, as the third brother was not married and had no children. The first brother, Tom, claims that he had a verbal agreement with his brother that he could take the inheritance. This is contradicted by Bert, the other brother, who claims that the three brothers had made an agreement to divide whatever inheritance there was in case neither of them had wives or children. There is of course also another factor to consider, as Bert inherited a rather prosperous carpentry workshop while Tom was left in the dirt by his other brothers, spending his day as a labourer for hire.

>Agree with Tom, and give him the inheritance, he needs it more than Bert
>Agree with Bert, a split the inheritance between the two brothers.
>As the lord of the land, and without a wife you too have a claim on the inheritance, however meagre, and you would like a cut.
>Write-in
>>
>>6018631
>Agree with Tom, and give him the inheritance, he needs it more than Bert
>As the lord of the land, and without a wife you too have a claim on the inheritance, however meagre, and you would like a cut.
Take a closer look at what is being inherited, and take whatever Tom can spare while getting on his feet and working towards contributing to the realm.
>>
>>6018631
>Follow the Primogeniture
Which of those brothers is older? Under the Westerosi system, the Elder brother is by default the primary inheritor. if Tom's older it's rightfully his, and if Bert's older then it's actually rightfully all his (though he may still wish to pass half away).
>>
>>6018631
>>Follow the Primogeniture
If Tom is older then he gets all of it, if Bert is older well he has the right to it but has apparently agreed to give some to his brother which is a good deed on his part.
>>
>>6018631
>>6018963
+1

If they don’t know who is older or can’t agree then split it in half, but giving it al to the elder seems the way to go
>>
>>6019073
>>6018963
>>6019187

+1

And explain our reasoning
>>
>>6018631
>Follow the Primogeniture
>>
>>6018631
>>6018963
>>6019073
>>6019187
If there is nothing writed then supporting

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.