[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/qst/ - Quests

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Size ×
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Roll dice with "dice+numberdfaces" in the options field (without quotes).

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: png1.png (107 KB, 900x900)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
Welcome to Cultural Civ, a civ game where your civilization's culture shifts with time !

players control a civilization through the years and decide its explorations, cultural and technological advancements, and diplomacy.

how to play:
1) choose a civ to play for. change your name to reflect your choice (ex: Chin Scratcher).
2)each turn, your civ has 2 actions. You can choose between cultural, technological, or a (freeform) special action, but you cannot do the same action twice in the same turn.
3)discuss with your compatriots which actions you will take. Once you're done, reply to my recap anchor post with the recap of your actions.

Five civilizations are recent arrivals on this island, each for their own reasons. Their future on this place is still ahead of them. Where will you lead them?

I will now list the civs. Feel free to join any of them at any time!
>>
File: suns.png (44 KB, 900x900)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>SUNISTS
A group of peaceful cultists of the sun, beached here long ago from the sea. Their shamans are seemingly naked most of the time.
They dwell in clay houses and live spiritual existence, with powerful shamans protecting them.

>SUN, SKY; GOOD MOON, SEA: BAD
The sun is their absolute god, and everything that comes from the sun or its sky is good; while the moon, and everything from its sea, is evil, made only to be killed and eaten at best.
>SUN SPIRITS BELIEF
The sunists believe spirits come down from the sun and bless them. Shamans stand in the stun, staring at it, for hours, to receive their powers.
>WEEKLY SUN DAY HOLIDAY
The sunists have a special day in the week where they do nothing but relax. This is sacred and more important than any profane crisis.
>>
File: blueshome.png (57 KB, 900x900)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>6004865
They have a coastal town of little clay houses on the southeastern part of the island, where they live of fishing. They have not explored much, but they know about the remains of a large iron ship nearby that was empty of anything interesting.

their current worry is the lack of fish lately. There could be a famine soon.
>>
File: 1714832693058063.png (36 KB, 900x900)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>LEAGUERS
Independent cities, united by the desire to pillage and trade everything that exists. They live in stucco houses.

>COIN FOR BLOOD
Leaguers have a culture of respected mercenary companies, warriors of fortune ready to answer the call for war at the expense of booty or plunder (usually both)
>TRADE REQUESTS
Leaguers love trade and are very skilled at it. They will annoy anyone they meet with endless trade requests.
>AGE OF GUNPOWDER
Leaguers have found out about the existence of guns, and have decided they *really* like them.
>>
File: leaguerhome.png (50 KB, 900x900)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>6004873
on a sponsored expedition to find new realms to trade with, do mercenary work for, or pillage, the leaguers settled in a island with peculiar ruins, and built a first outpost atop a great motte of mortar and rust.

the island has barely been explored yet, but recently, the patrols reported a much larger landmass visible on a clear day.

their current worry is the lack of things to shoot at. The game is lame on this island, rabbits at best. Itchy trigger fingers make for a poor cohesion.
>>
File: 1714832570221865.png (26 KB, 900x900)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>KHANS
A migratory people who swam across on horseback in search of new lands
lives in yurts
>HORSIN AROUND
Has access to horses. Very skilled in using them in all aspects, being capable of rapid relocation to new homes, using them for war and for food
>BIG BLUE SKY
Worships the eternal sky. Fear nothing except the sky falling on them. But if the weather is bad they get upset
>HURMMMM
Only capable to converse in throat singing. Very cool, but almost impossible to communicate with others
>>
File: khanhome.png (30 KB, 900x900)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>6004883
The khans live in the hilly plains of the southeast, of forage and horse tending.
There's a few burnt out structures along the plains, of no interest.

their current worry is that the sky has been clouded far too long for the season. The clan worries some foul magicks might be hexing them and superstition is on the rise.
>>
File: 1715075057971324.png (24 KB, 900x900)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>BIGCHIN
a simple people, driven from their ancestral lands. Stories say they crossed the seas on mighty timber logs.

lives in longhouses
>LEAF LOVERS
Bigchins take good care of nature and get mad when someone else doesn't
>HEARTY RITUALS
Bigchins put their heart and soul into everything they do, and yours too if they can
>BEAUTY HUNTERS
Bigchins revere pretty people, they give them special treatment, and sometimes steal them from less appreciative tribes
>>
File: chinshome.png (57 KB, 900x900)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>6004905
They dwell in the woods of the northeast, eating what the forest gives them.

their current worry is a mysterious disappearance of more and more trees on the western edge of the forest. Whatever causes this is angering nature!
>>
wew I forgot how much time this thing took

alright you can already start voting for your civ's actions. I'll be describing currently known magic in a later post

RECAP ANCHOR POST
>>
>>6004921
BigChin : Technological research - Bow
If we already have, Crossbow or Balista will do fine.
BigChin Freeform action :
Investigate the tree disappearance. Get ready to arrow down the cause - carefully arrowing, we'll want that heart for our magics.
>>
We sailed the open seeeas, for glory, guns and gold, and the East Leaguer Company...

Seriously though, my fellow Liggas, we're in a right conumdrum. I reckon we should explore the island, with all these ruins n whot...but the lads need something to shoot. Any ideas?
>>
>>6004921
So uhh... when do the Rusties come into play?
>>
>>6004932
fuck I forgor
>>
File: rusties.png (42 KB, 900x900)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
>ON THE ROAD
Rusties live in their vehicles and have no concept of sedentarity. They go where there's things to discover.
>ARCHAEOLOGISTS
Rusties believe in the superiority of previous civilizations and believe the study and preservation of the past to be of the utmost importance, more than their very lives!
>CULTURAL FASCINATION
Rusties believe strongly that there is much to learn from other civilizations. Upon discovering a civilization, alive or dead, they may immediately integrate one of their tenets into their own culture. However, they take twice as long to develop their own culture (two culture actions instead of one).
>>
File: rustieshome.png (63 KB, 900x900)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>6004938
The nation that sponsored your expedition dropped your group on the westernmost shore of the island, and the warship that hosted you left. the last radio contact reminded you that it would be back to check up on you in 10 cycles, and that you better have an interesting tech to show up for their trouble.

The coast here is rather unhospitable, and you probably should get going. You should have enough rations for 10 cycles at least, so food isnt an issue.
>>
CURRENT MAGIC
(to be put in a proper infopic later)

BLOOD
>LV1 FELFIRE
turns fresh blood, from oneself or touched by the user, into foul flames that burn hotter than fire. Consumes blood very quickly and burns even underwater.
>LV2 YOUTH
rejuvenates the user with blood they touch. one year worth of rejuvenation for about one full healthy body of human blood.

note for all blood magic : animal blood works, at a 1/10th rate of the value.

SPIRIT
>LV1 SPIRIT SCOUTS
the user calls for lesser spirits to scout out a location within 1km. They are immaterial and indestructible by normal means. The information they relay to the user is in the form of feelings and colorless images through semi-possession.
>LV2 WARDING TOTEMS
semi-material ghosts are bound to totems. They are sentient and can be instructed who to attack, slamming those foes when they come within ten meters of the totem with blunt force.
>>
>>6004952
>>6004921
Rusty technological research: engine modifications to our armored vehicles so we can explore faster
Rusty Freeform: let's start exploring the southern coast
>>
>>6004865
Welcome, my brothers beneath day's glorious light!

I would propose:

Technological: Agriculture! Why eat evil, fishy food, when we might eat good, sun-blessed foods? Fields of sun-blessed grain, gifted to us from the light above; grown abundant in the light of the sun? Let us learn to grow these wonderous crops, so that when the evil fish all vanish we might be well rid of them?

Cultural/Special: Explore to our south, searching anything but especially for good, rich land; well-watered by the rains bought by the sky.
>>
>>6004921
>Khans
>>Cultural Research: Ritual Throat Singing.
Khans' berry scared of sky being covered. So they sing at it beautiful songs to calm it's anger
>>Technological Research: Boots/Horseshoes for horses to go faster.
Oh no! One horsey get foot hurt by thorn! Khan get great idea, put shoe on them like human and no hurt anymore!
>>
>>6004921
Hmm..okay, i don't know when my other Leaguer friend will be here, but i don't want to risk not getting my actions in...so just to be safe,

>Cultural Research: Target Shooting Competitions
If the lads are skittish about shootin' that's fine...but we can't be going on to more dangerous territories. Let's try to take their heads off and keep their trigger fingers in form by making shooting competitions. If they can't have cool things to shoot, they'll just have to see who's the best at shooting.
>Freeform: Explore Island
This island is rather spooky, I must say...it's peculiar. We should try to learn more about it before we consider exploring the mainland.
>>
>>6005100
I say we make shoe be made of metal, metal stronger than any thorn
>>
Civ: Rusties

Name: Latem Is'nori

technological research: let's look into creating a machine that comprehends all of existence and gives us the ability to coordinate time, location, and tangible routes so that we can start using teleportation and save-loads.

Cultural Research- let's study ethics so we don't end up corrupting existence or our minds while using the device. Let's learn what makes existence good, and how to keep that value at all times no matter what route we take.

Okay compatriots, let's start a cultural nav log so we can learn how each civilization operates to increase our communicability and usefulness to each tribe in order to get some social currency to help us survive. We should start with the nearest one, approach with an open hand, as much as we know about ethics, their social network will corrupt if they attack innocent passerbys without warning or compassion.
>>
>>6005006
I'm
>>6005199
Yes let's look for signs of civilization, perhaps we can create forms of natural energy by channeling the natural materials we come across. After, fire is pretty much the rosetta stone of all forms of electricity. I might write some civ-comm guidelines such as:

1. Don't attack people.
2. Wait until she gives you a clear sign of consent.
Etc. etc. and so on.
>>
>>6005175
Khan Jr. berry smart. Khan Agree!
>>
>>6005199
Your posts read like ChatGPT drivel.

>>6005006
>>6004921
I can support these for turn 1, move south along the coast two-three turns before turning inland and moving to the northern coast abd then circling back to our drop off point. We'll hopefully find something along that route.

I would like to take two culture actions in the future to make us expert tinkerers aswell. We need to be able to properly maintain our vehicles, plus it could help us repair any lost tech we find on our journey.
>>
>>6005445
I'm already started on a model for time travel after determining the necessary value to target significant identity so that we can quick travel/teleport via compressing existence into a comprehensive vacuum of our combined mapped out knowledge to target an entity and relocate their sig-val to another, known location.
>>
>>6005100
GOOD idea
>>
This is okay but I’m more into mixed civ quest

>>5993280
>>
>>6005591
>walls of text about some bullshit
Boring
>based multiplayer free for all between cool factions with pretty pictures
Yesz thia is the way.
Shills gotta GO
>>
I suppose there's only the suns left to decide their turn before you get to see how I make a mess of your turns
>>
>>6005060
>>6005648
Any other sun want to comment/propose?
>>
>>6005759
oh you had your turn, just not replying to the anchor post. Alright
>>
>>6005759
This seems pretty good my fellow Sunbro, no objections
>>
>>5994609
Bro, are you still here?
>>
>>6004921
Technological research: scout towers
If we can't see much of the island we'll build a vantage point where we can, it'll be a good place to shoot from and in time we can haul a cannon on top of it to bomb anyone giving us trouble
>Freeform: scout the island
We can still keep busy just walking around and looking for anything interesting
>>
>>6005907
I think we should make shooting competitions before considering scout towers. The reason people are worried is because they have nothing to shoot at, not from.
>>
>>6005907
I mean you could build some, but with thirty years war tech you don't need to research putting a few logs together with a ladder
>>
>>6005914
I think we're gonna find something on the island but I'll defer to instituting competitions
>>
>>6005917
Also >>6005916, we're thirty years war level. That means 17th century.
>>
>>6005445
I can agree to that, though I'm not sure if we need to be at the drop-off point or if we can just radio our position in.
>>6005199
Researching a reality breaking machine doesn't seem feasible even if we had skilled theoretical physicists and a state of the art lab, and right now we only have 10 archeologists and are essentially in the middle of nowhere. I think setting up some guidelines for interacting with other cultures is a good idea though.
>>
>>6005938
10 is more of an arbitrary number, think of it like 10 families.
(they have extra civilian vehicles for the families, not just the 2 armored cars.)
>>
>>6005946
What about the drop off point? Do we need to be back there at the end?
>>
>>6005952
The mission did not specify, it's up to your interpretation
>>
Oh, is this a multiplayer game?
>>
>>6006255
Yeah, choose a tribe and go from there. Also it's still pretty early on, so if opee allows it I think you could join the bowties that were shown in >>5993916 if you wanted to. I don't know if that other guy is still around though.
>>
>>6006369
I don't think you can join an entirely new civ, Opee said that too many would make it hard. I do know you can join an already existing civ, though.
>>
>>6005938
Fair. I say let me go mad from isolation and reject my survival for not participating in the groups goals to justify me being crazy enough to establish reality breaking logic.
>>
>>6006255
Come join the Chin clan!
>>
>>6006374
You definitely can't make more after the #0 thread
>>
Hello, how do I play this ?
>>
>>6006807
You choose an civilization to join. And then when it's tiem for actions you vote on what to do.
>>
>>6006807
Come join the Bigchins.
>>
Feel like I should apologize that this was kind of done without much foresight, and I don't have as much time as I used to, so it will be pretty slow. Like feel free to check in every few days, or something.

Also I used to have an image slot on those pics, how will I draw the turns, hmmm...
>>
>>6007009
It's all good. Im excited to get a feel for this.
>>
>>6005907
>>6005914
did the leaguers reach a consensus? working on the turns right now.
>>
File: chin1.png (32 KB, 900x900)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
Rolled 70 (1d100)

TURN 1

BigChins
The BigChins explored the cause of the disappearance of the trees, by camping out near the edge of the forest. Turns out it's a grand beast of metal, eating trees with its great loud teeth and little arms!

Their arrows did not harm it at all, so they decided to retreat and figure out stronger bows. they managed to create crossbows. they also manage to scrounge up enough rope to attempt a BIG bow. If the roll is above 50, they discover and get a ballista.
>>
File: khans1.png (41 KB, 900x900)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
Rolled 52 (1d100)

Khans

Khans figured out that, if horses too had shoes, the same horse could go much longer without maintenance. However, they do not have any metal, so they made cool boots out of leather for now.

The tribe gathered and sung to the Sky for good weather, with faithful devotion.
With no knowledge of magic in the tribe, wether it works or not is entirely up to the Sky. If the dice roll is above 50, the weather clears up the next day, and the tribe adopts Sky Chants: religious practice is done commonly by the entire tribe singing all at once.

no matter the result, the tendency of the sky to cover up will not be visibly affected yet.
>>
File: Leaguers 1.png (38 KB, 900x900)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Rolled 1 (1d100)

leaguers

The duke organized a grand shooting tournament to raise everyone's spirits.
Although more shooting is always fun, it's not exactly new to their culture of gun-lovers.

An expedition of the island was funded. The scouts were also tasked with building and manning scout towers as they go, creating a network around the island.

scouting: above 50 to discover an additional location. +20 for home region, and +10 for exploration width (small island)
>>
File: Capture.png (40 KB, 329x282)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>6008253
critical failure!

very busy with building towers and eager to go home in time for the tournament the scouts botched the job. They themselves know: if there's something else even barely hidden on the island, another expedition will be needed.

However, they did find something:
exploration mission: metal cliff doors
on the cliffs of the northern side, some way up towards the mount at the center, there are huge metal doors. There seems to be no way to open them. You should probably not try getting inside without some serious firepower.
>>
File: rusties1.png (31 KB, 900x900)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
Rolled 27 (1d100)

rusties

Rusties overclocked their vehicles, making them able to go much faster! but the consumption rate of fuel is terrible.

They move towards the southern coast, and already they can see this island is littered with countless fascinating ruins!

scouting: Above 50 to discover an additional location. Above 90 to find another.

Also, one of the engineers have started talking nonsense about tearing reality or something.

fuel: 9/10
>>
File: Capture.png (43 KB, 309x272)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>6008271
The rusties are very excited about these new findings and can't wait to delve into their secrets!

archaeology mission: marble civilization
on the slopes, marble pillars of a long gone civilization can be seen. There doesn't seem to be anything of material interest, but the cultural discoveries could be amazing!

exploration/archaeology mission: underwater objects
under the waves, not far from the southern coast, brass constructions looking like bells sit close to each other. You would need diving equipment of some kind to explore further.
>>
Damn, we sunists goes last? baka bias
>>
File: suns1.png (31 KB, 900x900)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
Rolled 100 (1d100)

suns

With famine on the horizon, fields have been planted with the local edible wheats.
The test is conclusive. Now to scale it up, more hands will be needed. If an action is taken again towards this goal next turn, the coming harvest should be enough to feed everyone this cycle.

The suns went casually exploring the southern coast, towards the large metal structure. They're not the best explorers and not taking this too seriously.

scouting: above 50 to discover something. above 90 for another.

on their walk, they crossed the funny singing neighbors. It seems they've set up camp close this season.
Still can't understand a word they say though.
>>
>>6008313
oh shit a hundo. That gotta be something good right
>>
>>6008317
HUUUURRRRRRRMMMMUUUUUU
>>
>>6008313
fuckers stole our luck
>>
File: Capture.png (14 KB, 329x295)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>6008313
critical success!

one of the members of the scout team went to explore the structure on their own as a passtime before, actually. So he could tell everyone what he learned from his explorations. It seems it was a big ship! Making ships that big is possible!

new tech: Shipwrighting
taking the wreched ship as model, the suns have the technological knowledge to make ships as big as a man o'war. (doesn't change how long it takes to make though.)
the shipwreck is also home to very big crabs. Looks dangerous.

after that, they kept going through the woods, and found something incredible!
exploration mission: the city of gold
a city under great golden statues of beasts spewing spring water out of their mouths.
>>
File: Capture.png (323 KB, 883x808)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
turn 2 start!

recap anchor
>>
>>6008333
Splendid

I almost read that as "great golden statues of breasts"
>>
Generally I think we should continue the agricultural progress so that we can at least deal with our current worry of no fishe.

Second action could probably be try to build our first big ol' ship. Or explore that city of gold. Sounds fancy. Could have sweet loot
>>
Sky clear and horse has snazzy boots, but metal sturdier, gotta find metal, I say scout the island to find metal, maybe also a place for a new camp, these weird sun people are weird and almost naked, ears also too big they will be listening in on our jurts
Also practice singing, it pleases the Sky, so greater practice will please it more and allow us to ask it for good weather and bad weather for those who are against us
>>
>>6008337
Well, guess we got too into those expeditions..damn. That's real unlucky.

Anyway, I guess we need some real firepower to open those gates, huh? We already have cannons, so here's my idea...let's build a gun foundry. So we can make lots of big guns. Like artillery. Or cannons for ships.

Would making a gun foundry be a freeform action, or an tech action? We gotta leave an action for scouting...
>>
File: 4.png (11 KB, 900x900)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>6008345
Come now friend. There is enough sky for all of us. And we are definitely totally not eavesdropping on you with our bigass ears. We can't even understand you, how would we even evesdrop. Don't be ridiculous
>>
>>6008352
HUMMMM HUMM HRUMMM HUM HUM HRUMMMMMM
[Hm you ARE friend of sky so there is some common ground, ears are still too big tho]
>>
>>6008348
an action would increase production of the same cannons, techn would make them better (don't expect WW1 howitzers out of the blue though)
>>
Alright my brothers in rust, I vote that we at least begin studying the marble civilization ruins. But for the second act I think there are three things we can do: either we focus on developing the scavenger trait which might help us with the fuel problem, we could develop diving gear so we can explore the bells, or we can try and find an alternative fuel source for the vehicles. Personally I'm leaning more towards making the diving equipment so we'll explore the bells next turn and begin developing the scavenger trait then.
>>
>>6008371
Well in zat case,

>>6008337
>Freeform Action
Get to scoutin', boys. And pay attention this time.

>Technology Research: Gun Foundry
Time to get better guns, yo!
>>
>>6008337
>First action :
Fuck up metal monster with Crossbow and Ballista
>Cultural
Metal Monster ate leaves. So we have too few trees nearby. We will do our traditional tree planting (using of course chins as planters) to recover tree numbers, thus more critter for the blood rituals
>>
>>6008345
Wow! Khan Jr. Berry Smart!! Berry good ideas HURUUURRMRMUUU

>>6008352
Big ears understand Throat songs?! HUUURRURRURUMUURR
>>
>>6008313
Oh, Fantastic!

>>6008308
It was worth it!

>>6008333
Definitely got to spend an action toward increasing our fields this turn to get 'feeding everyone' in the bag here.

>>6008352
And with a wonder like the city of gold, our other action should be to explore it?
Or even... go and live in the place, it's probably a lot nicer and definitely a lot shinier then our current village.
>>
>>6008391
I agree with this we'll take a closer look at those doors after we get some nice cannons
>>
>>6008417
We should also probs look into developing defenses or weapons or some such. Unless we plan to slapbox them crabs
>>
>>6008337
I think we'll continue working on the fields for our first action and explore the city for our second one, ye ye ye
>>
>>6008629
Ye ye ye
>>
>>6008337
Well If no one says otherwise ill vote
>Tech Action: Develop diving gear
>Freeform Action: Explore marble ruins
>>
>>6008345
I'm not sure if its worth to fixate on metal. We don't have the means to work it right now. Scouting is a good idea though. Lets look for good pastures away from sunny weirdoes and interesting cool stuff
>>
what is faction 5?
>>
Sorry, I went off and make assertions about shared reality.

Cultural- study the sun tribe. My investigations have led me to realize that the sun is a mirror faceted object, in that emits light from every direction relative to a single point. This is the key to breaking the shared reality hold that prevents us breaching the time barrier.
>>
>>6010057
Metal oughta be useful in the future one way or another, even if we cannot use it yet, but yeah, we gotta scout around, and as second action I still stand by continuing to sing to the sky
>>6010330
My non biased descriptions are such
Sun Tribe(Big eared lazy weirdo's who worship the sun, used to be naked)
Leaguers(Greedy gun nuts who would sell off their own mother and then pillage her house)
Khans(Handsome well spoken people of the steppes with the most beautiful horses around)
Bigchins(Near naked cavemen narcissists who would sacrifice you at the stone altar)
Mechanists(Nerds driving in vehicles that are much less pretty than horses)
>>
>>6010783
Not saying you're wrong.
Just saying bold words for someone at tree-heart transplant distance. Also you got it wrong. Blood flows on the great Tree Stumps from sadly necessarily cut dead or sick trees.
>>
File: BoldWords.jpg (84 KB, 800x800)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>6010806
And I forgot picrel
>>
>>6010687
you have no knowledge of other civilizations on this island. Only khans and suns have knowledge of one another, by virtue of being occasional neighbors.
>>
>>6010806
Sure, more singing is cool
>>
>>6011000
Is it just the Khans we're waiting on, or do us Sunists also need to reformat our actions?
>>
>>6011805
I think were done. I replied to the wrong post in my last reply
>>
As a rule of thumb, please expect about 2 updates a week
I'll do more if I find time though
>>
>>6012193
Well, as long as we keep getting updates...
>>
>>6012193
Thanks for the transparency.
I understand how hard it is to run such a quest with at least 5 drawing per update. Thus, I'll try to engage with as many drawing shitpost as a fair reward to your time.
>>
>>6012193
s'cool
>>
>>6012193
Its alright
>>
File: chin2.png (32 KB, 900x900)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
Rolled 21, 41 = 62 (2d100)

TURN 2

BigChins

Using their newfound power, the bigchins decided to attack the beast and chase it out of the forest!

combat: 50 or more to triumph. +20 for numbers advantage. -10 for limited ways of dealing damage.

Before the fight even started, a great feeling of communion with nature sprouted in the bigchins, who fervently rebuilt the animals home so that their blood ritual ecosystem may persist.

culture: 50 or more to get Blood Symbiosis : we must take care of the animals, and they must give us their blood. Such is the natural order.
>>
>>6014642
The beast's skin was pierced by the ballista, but it seems the wound was not enough for a kill! And the rain of stone bolts did not have any luck.
Some of the most brave warriors went to jump on the beast with flames and stone, but were ripped by its loud maws!

The creature made a sound as if speaking with a booming voice, and fled propelled by its metal caterpillar servants.
it's not seen again in the next months.
If you wanted, you could trace where it went to with ease.
>>
File: khans2.png (34 KB, 900x900)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
Rolled 63 (1d100)

Khans

The khans never stay too long around the coast, the locals weird them out. They decided to leave a bit further west than usual, for good measure.
This calls for scouting first:
scouting: 50 for an additional scouting location, 80 for two more.

The Khans continued chanting to the sky for good weather. During a particularly devout session, the choir leader received the visit of sky spirits and was taught the secrets of the aeries!

the first level of spirit magic has been unlocked! you now have a few shamans capable of basic magic.
Moreover, The crisis has been resolved! for the next 2 turns, you will have 3 actions instead of 2.

The clan is rather jealous of the shamans. That a few are bestowed magic is contrary to their religious communal belief. They hope magic will be spread to every other believer too.
>>
File: Capture.png (58 KB, 408x348)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>6014652
exploration mission: Tower of Rust
a well-known landmark for khans, this building on top of the highest hill marks the end of their usual territory. But scouts have seen something moving inside.

The largest village:
while up on the hill, the scouts could make out a large settlement way further west. It would take a while to get there.
>>
File: leaguers 2.png (49 KB, 900x900)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
Rolled 40 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

Leaguers

The Duke gave exceptional rights to the sweaty bastards down in the forge to experiment making royal cannons. You're so far from any king in here, you might as well arm yourself as one!
new tech: campaign cannons! (XVIIIth century ones)

this is the limit of the ingenuity of your engineers; you'll need serious inspiration to get any further.

The scouting party was sent back out with an ass kicking.
scouting: 50 or more to find something, 80 or more for another. +20 for second time.
>>
File: Capture.png (56 KB, 378x324)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>6014661
tech mission: metal box cart caravan
Those carts were on a plain on the far end of the island, not hidden at all...
There were rotten bodies inside them. But wait, what is that on top of them? Could it be? no...
>>
File: suns2.png (43 KB, 900x900)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
Rolled 57 (1d100)

Suns

People of the sun civilization let go of their fishing nets to join the farming efforts. Thanks to them, the harvest will be good! And people appreciate less time close to the sea.

Crisis averted! +1 action point for 2 turns.

A scout group went merrily to the golden city, to discover what wonders they hide!
scouting 70 or more for at least one scout to come back.
>>
File: rusties2.png (36 KB, 900x900)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
Rolled 12 + 20 (1d100 + 20)

Rusties

I went ahead and switched the tech and action since archaeology is tech, hope it's what you guys had in mind

The Rusties use some of their limited clothing resources to fashion a few scaphanders. They are confident in their make, and also confident this thing aint gonna hold on very long nor very deep underwater. But it should be enough to peek at the underwater domes!

While stranded on the ground, they used this time to study the marble ruins nearby, and learn more about their fascinating civilization!

marble ruins archaeology: 50 or more to discover their culture in full. +20 (easy)
>>
File: deadciv partial.png (44 KB, 900x900)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>6014687
it will take a bit more time to understand this civilization, but you made good progress. If you try again, it will be an automatic success.
>>
File: Capture.png (331 KB, 1012x842)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
TURN 3 START

recap anchor
>>
>>6014672
Is this what i think it is? Big moving gun wagons? Big moving gun wagons we could stick our newly discovered cannons ontop of? I think I already know what we're going to do...

>>6014692
>Research Technology: Metal Box Cart Caravan
What secret do these corpses hold? We must find them out. If those wagons are able to actually move without sinking, we could turn even a siege cannon into mobile artillery. They'd be the perfect weapon to blow those metal cliff doors up.
>Freeform Action: Scout
If that roll is any indication, there are still secrets within the island we've yet to find out. Send out ze scouts!
>>
>>6014661
Actually, actually, wait, question, by 'serious inspiration', do you mean that we'll need inspiration to progress artillery, or to do any research at all?
>>
>>6014692
>Cultural/magical
Blood Symbiosys failed? No big deal...
Here's what I want to attempt.
1/ take a tree. sharpen it in a point.
2/ Put pointed tree in ballista. Pull blood on it and start the bloodfire spell.
3/ Shoot the magical tree with ballista, aiming for a blood-having body heart.
4/ Use the blood inside target as a fuel for the spell, turning target in a neat heap of ash, perfect for the tree to grow inside.
>Action
Tracking metal caterpillar, fuck him up.
If I saw him bleeding black strange blood and previous research worked I want to try it on him.
>>
Khan think that eberryone should get magick sky power! Except the stoopid big ears who watch Khan while he roll around in mud!!!

->Teach secret of the aeries to every Khan as long as they swear not to tell any Non-Khan's

Then BOOM. Khan get eben bedder idea! Teach it to the horses too! Dat way they can use the sky power to go super fast!!!

->Teach Sky throat singing/secret of the Aeries to the horses ke k

->Explore Tower of Rust
>>
>>6015074
I agree with teaching aeries to each Khan, it will be our communal secret, but not horses, let them graze grass and chill, instead we should learn how to make bows and arrows, I mean its one stick and a string that shoots other sticks, how hard can it be?
We should also totally check the rust tower
>>
>>6015074
Propose to instead of teaching horses magic we take the opportunity to create new hordes, expand our population and stuff since we have the good life atm
I think we would already have bows btw
>>
>>6015122
>>6015124
Wow you guys are berry smart. Horse dumb and no learn magic!

->Teach secret of the aeries to every Khan as long as they swear not to tell any Non-Khan's
->Explore Tower of Rust
->Encourage men to mate like horses and create new Khan's!
>>
File: ArtisticVision.png (146 KB, 800x564)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>6015057
Artistic Vision
>>
>>6015124
>>6015130
I suppose more Khans couldn't hurt, especially with the attrition events for other civs had
Still, for the future, hey Opee, do we have to research for bows and arrows and such?
>>
>>6014677
Hurrah, we leave the evil sea behind us!
But, oh no! Where have our scouts vanished to? Perhaps we should have trained them?

>>6014692
>Technological Action: Mapmaking/Cartography! A Map is a drawing of the world as if it was seen from near the sun high above! We must learn to see the world as the Sun sees the world, so that we might understand it better!

>Cultural Action:
Harvest Festivals! The Great Golden Sun and the good spirits that come from the sun and make our food grow ripe and juicy shall be honoured in celebration at every harvest, in thanks for the bounty grown in the sunlight!

>Freeform Action!:
Search the land around us for resources! Let us see if there are any metals, ores or good stones that might be won from the land, so that we might someday make better tools and other stuff!
>>
>>6015203
This sounds pretty aight.

But we probably should eventually look into those scouts and that city tho
>>
>>6014692
>Research Technology: Metal Bawkses
If we can learn how to make metal war wagons we'll have a lot more military power to flex
>Freeform action:scout
But let's take a look at the waters near our island instead
>>
Chiggers should sit down. The big chins sole accomplishment so far has been rubbing stones together. Our horses can be stated, without hyperbole, to exist in a higher state of civilization than chinnies. The only reason you exist as a civ instead of a background pop that appears in early game events is due to Opee oversight. The only fate awaiting chinos is to be lassoed by their mentums and dragged across the plains to their deaths, if they survive until then that is. Hurmm
t. Ginghis Kchan
>>
>>6016817
>I-is that...a hurricane? AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, SAVE ME TENGRIMAN!
>>
>>6015288
We should, eventually! But it'll probably be better to try again once we have some maps and better tools, rather then rush in right away.
>>
Rolled 91 (1d100)

>>6014691
Alright I'm thinking we start the cultural advancement of being expert tinkerers, and fully explore the marble culture. Or we can expend more tech on our diving equipment.
>>
>>6017114
Ah what a waste of a roll
>>
>>6016817
Sorry, didn't understood because of barbarous gutural sounds + didn't cared.
Living in ma forest. Shooting ma bow. Luv ma tree. Luv ma women. Simple as.
>>
>>6016857
We should look into harnessing the power of our glorious sun, eventually
>>
>>6017114
Yeah I was going to suggest the same. Since we're stuck here for two more turns at least, if we're diving into the water for those ruins aswell we might aswell get it over with.
>>
>>6014692
So we'll be going with the having expert tinkerers for our cultural action and fully exploring the marble culture for our tech action
>>
>>6014701
It means you can't go further with gun research on sweaty blacksmith brainpower alone, you'll need outside influence of some kind

>>6015172
yeah you got bows and horse cheese and the whole mongol kit

>>6018646
It takes two turns to develop your culture because of the cultural fascination trait, confirm if you're sure you want to commit one of next turn's actions to it
>>
>>6019286
Yeah confirm it. We'll get the first part of that done this turn and we'll do the second part when we search the underwater ruins.
>>
been busy but working on those turns !!
>>
Let's fuckin go.
>>
>>6021460
's all good
>>
File: chin3.png (33 KB, 900x900)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
Rolled 78 + 30 (1d100 + 30)

(why is this thread on autosage?)

TURN 3

BigChins

their blood still boiling after their earlier failure, the big chins poured their magic into making the biggest baddest ballista bolt they could, a whole tree dipped in felfire!
+cultural magical variant: death tree

Then they followed the beast back to its home to destroy it! (it was incredibly slow pushing that ballista all the way)
combat roll: +10 numbers advantage, +20 death tree

They found it in a collection of dome-like huts in front of a cliff, where the dead trees are left to rot, piled up high.
>>
File: khans3.png (34 KB, 900x900)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
Rolled 33 (1d100)

(I will do the roll conclusion last from now on to save time)

Khans

Khans decided that everyone is part of the holy community so it's only natural everyone should be doing the magic. The shamans were told to teach it to everyone!
However they have trouble teaching. They don't really know why they can do magic in the first place, and they don't even know if teaching people that aren't gifted works at all! This leads to a lot of frustration for everyone, but it worked for a measly two more shamans so far.

An expedition was sent to the tower of rust.
exploration: Tower of Rust: 50 or more for a positive issue. +30 (known location)

And finally the Khans shared a temporary sentiment that they should grow their population. Or was it just a lusty spell? Anyways. +2 POP (now 32)
>>
Imma just sun tan my balls in the mean time
>>
File: leaguers 3.png (37 KB, 900x900)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
Rolled 36 + 40 (1d100 + 40)

Leaguers

rusty carts mission: The things were standing in the open, with no apparent danger, so the mission went without a hitch.
The engineers could confirm: These were vehicles of great technology, and they must have been abandoned there at least 50 years ago judging from the rust. And the dead people inside seem to have died brutally, but without trace of fighting. But most importantly, that's some kind of cannon up top!? it seems to have a complex mechanism they can't quite figure out... Some kind of ribaudequin? they can't wait to try to imitate it.
gun tech unlocked!
Everyone is very hyped about this new discovery! crisis averted! +1 action for 2 turns.

Also the scouts went searching for they feel this island has one more secret to offer.

scouting: 80 or more to find something. +40 for third time.
>>
>>6023539
>(why is this thread on autosage?)

Clearly it's because we don't believe in the sun hard enough
>>
File: rusties3.png (30 KB, 900x900)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
Rusties

A sentiment amongst the more expert rusties started growing into a cultural focus on tinkering crafstmanship - after all, these cars are what little separate man from wilderness out there, and their maintenance is essential.
As always with new ideas, these concepts are met with doubt. "Sounds kinda cult-y" thinks the average rusty, but it's making progress.

Also new elements were uncovered in the ruins that allowed to fully grasp the nature of the dead civilization there.
>>
>>6023546
Those 2 statues are kinda sus
>>
File: suns3.png (38 KB, 900x900)
38 KB
38 KB PNG
Rolled 63 (1d100)

Suns

With a newfound interest in growth, the sun people started looking around for resources.
Resources roll: (pure luck)

The suns decided to record their recent explorations on reed paper, to be kept, taught, or traded.
new tech: cartography

And finally they grew their culture to not only have sun day holidays, but more throughout the year - like the harvest festival, but they can't wait for more memorable days to celebrate so that they can laze around in the sun even more!
modified tenet: SUN HOLIDAYS
>>
>>6023548
Damn, 63. What does that mean
>>
File: Capture.png (9 KB, 224x193)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>6023539
The tree hits the beast in the flank as it was trying to hide in its burrow, and the innards blow up in flames! It's a great celebration.
The hunters noted the location of this tree graveyard on their map, and left.
>>
>>6023541
The tower couldn't have been a dwelling for more than two families. Maybe some kind of military purpose? The tribe is unfamiliar with building types really. However, they found some leather-bound collections of pages that could be poems of some sort, along with pulling long copper threads from the walls and iron could be mined from the tower intself.
>>
>>6023544
The scouts couldn't find anything after really trying this time. they're convinced there's nothing left on the island, after all.
>>
File: deadciv 2.png (62 KB, 900x900)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>6023546
marble civ uncovered!
-It seems they had some notion of earth magic.
-their technology was ancient.
-they must have been gone at least two thousand years ago.

>FAR SETTLERS
No matter how far we are, no matter how our culture diverges, where we stand is our home and who we are are the same people everywhere! Replaces Nomadic.
>HOMOIOMERES
Fighters are put in pairs, live together through thick and thin, to care for one another and be much more involved and efficient in battle! And become really good friends!
>MOUNTAIN DREAD
The mountain is death. Do not go to the mountain! do not let children near the mountain! Stick to the coasts!
Cultural Fascination: Do you want to pick a free cultural trait?
>>
>>6023548
Roll result: some variety!
Here is what the scouts found:

>fertile land
with a bit of tree removal, the fields could be easily expanded.
>quarry
There's good stone to be found near the village.
>metal pits
copper, tin, iron was found in decent quantities overgrown depressions in the ground around the village.
>>
>>6023568
Sweet
>>
File: Capture.png (164 KB, 815x783)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
Turn 4 start!

Recap anchor post
>>
>>6023572
We still have 3 actions this turn right?
>>
>>6023582
yeap
>>
I think it is a mistake to focus on shamans. We are not a magical people. Instead lets separate shamans from the common people and have them do their thing. To keep them busy they can study the poetry we found. Here are my ideas
>Study poetry, try to create our own
>Take rust tower's metal to create horseshoes and stirrups
>Scout the village out west
>>
Fellow sunbros, here're my suggestions:

>find way to exploit the newly found metals
>expand farmland
>train better scouts so we can explore them ruins again

Unless someone has a better idea

>>6023586
thanks opee
>>
>>6023572
I have 2 questions.
1/ What does the Cultural Magical Variant do?
2/ Did slaying the deforester averted the crisis?
>>
>>6023607
1/ it's a way to use the "felfire" magic, that can be considered a separate spell.
2/ I forgot, but yes, crisis averted!+1 action for 2 turns.
>>
>>6023544
Aww man, we were *so* close. Literally 4 close. On the other side, that's a pretty cool gun. Extra action is pretty good however - now, we will obviously begin to research the Ribauldequin...but that leaves our two other actions. I suppose we can't scout no more.
>>
>>6023572
Wait, it says 'gun tech unlocked'

Does that mean we already have the mysteirous weapon as a tech, or that we have unlocked researching it?
>>
>>6023626
you have unlocked researching gun tech further
>>
>>6023627
okay good

Well, with three actions, that means one of them's gotta be cultural...hmmm.
>>
>>6023631
I feel like it's limiting the game so, when you get an additional bonus action, it's not constrained by the rules, you can use it however you want

I can't retroactively do it for previous turns, I hope you managed to do what you wanted anyways
>>
>>6023643
I didn't get an additional bonus action in previous turns, so it's fine. But yes...that's goood

I'm thinking we should maybe build some 'fortifications' outside the big wall so we can prepare for when we open it? What do you think, Pro Beleaguerer?
>>
>>6023611
Wouhou!
>Action 1 (Freeform):
Explore dead wood camp.
The dead tree feels... wrong. Why did they do that? Are there insight to find?
>Action 2 (I think cultural)
Blood Symbiosis failed? No biggy.
Trees are friendier anyway. Research Sap Symbiosys - take care of tree, use Sap to empower our spells! And with enough tree, we might retry getting pals with critters right?
>Action 3 : Scout!
The goal is meeting other people and either capture pretty girls, or get our less beautiful girls preggos with pretty boys.
>>
File: tegaki.png (1.5 MB, 1826x712)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
I wanted to note, fellas, that primal feeling to loot and raid shit is creeping in
>>
You know what, I actually have a perfect idea...

>>6023572
It's time to prepare to open up those doors! In the future! Soon enough! And we will start with some technological how-do-ya-do...
>Research Action: Metalcart Weaponry
What exactly are these Ribaudequin-like weapons? We must replicate them.
>Research Action: Interchangeable Parts
The very best amongst our hunters have weapons with smooth grooves along their side, that allow them to fire longer, and more accurately. But they're too expensive. If we were to start teaching our craftsmen to make exactly equal parts, then we could begin to much more rapidly and cheaply make new tools and weapons!
>Freeform Action: Build Fortification Towards Doors
Whatever is behind those doors, the metal carts were not strong enough to stop them. If we are to open those doors, we ought to be really prepared! It's time to make a construction work surrounding those doors, add some spikes and traps, and places from us to shoot our cannons and weapons at them from a distance!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.