[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: YGO Upcoming Releases.jpg (507 KB, 1794x1292)
507 KB
507 KB JPG
It's been a while, but there's just so much news recently that we've gotta make a central hub for it all.

Upcoming releases:

Bandai
S.H. Monsterarts Red-Eyes Black Dragon - Jun'24
S.H. Monsterarts Elemental Hero Flame Wingman - Oct'24 (according to the teaser)
Figure-Rise Standard Amplified Winged Dragon of Ra - TBA
Figure-Rise Standard Amplified Obelisk the Tormentor - teased/TBA
Figure-Rise Standard Amplified Slifer the Sky Dragon - teased/TBA

Good Smile Company
Moderoid Accesscode Talker - TBA
Plamax Divine Arsenal AA-ZEUS - Sky Thunder - TBA

Kaiyodo
Revoltech Yusei Fudo - Sep'24
3D Monster Collection Vol 2 - Sep'24
Revoltech Elemental Hero Neos - Oct'24
Revoltech Junk Warrior - Jan'25

amiami x Snail Shell Studio
I.P. Masquerena ver.1 - TBA (preorders said to open Spring 2024)

If I've missed anything feel free to post it.
>>
File: FRSA Ra.jpg (280 KB, 800x533)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>10998641
Here are the other announced figures not in the OP:

Ra and the other 2 Egyptian god monsters.
>>
File: IP Masquerena.jpg (72 KB, 1143x635)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>10998645
I.P. Masquerena. Here's amiami's post with a video this lq screenshot is from. https://twitter.com/AmiAmi_English/status/1756570260281364648
>>
>>10998641
Junkman looking good
>>
File: _DSC4911.jpg (2.23 MB, 4592x3056)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB JPG
i still cannot believe this. we get so many literally whos before we get the signature monster of the main character.

how can our only option for the Dark Magician be the 10000$ Revoltech with some weird design of a one-off movie?
>>
>>10999431
While I do like the "literal whos" (though most of these are signature monsters of other characters, or popular monsters from the ocg/tcg) I do also find it strange. Especially with SHMA starting in the DM era with Blue and Red-Eyes, then moving to another era before at least releasing Dark Magician. I find it even more absurd that in all the years of Yu-Gi-Oh articulated action figures that we've never gotten a standard DM (outside of Mattel). That seems like a pretty obvious hole waiting to be filled, and that none of these companies are doing it seems odd.
>>
>>10999431
>>10999573
The line is called MonsterArts, Dark Magician would be more appropriate in the figuarts line. But then that just raises the question of why haven't started a Yu-Gi-Oh figuarts line.
>>
>>10998641
Ra is the most expensive kit yet excluding the metallic paint ones.
>>
>>10999659
7700yen pre-tax, I guess, but that's also a fairly odd price. I'd have to think that it'll be massive compared to even Exodia. It does have large wings, and some mystery gimmick. I'd expect at least Obelisk of the 3 to be even more expensive.

>>10999642
DM and all other cards are technically all 'monsters' if we're going by semantics. But to your point, that's why some weren't sure if it was really going to be Flame Wingman, because despite the wing, tail, and right arm, he's still generally humanoid. But as others have mentioned, there have been other humanoids, Jet Jaguar, Predator, Alien, etc.

I was also thinking about lines with both SHF and SHMA, isn't that just Monster Hunter, and extremely briefly with that one SHF Zinogre hybrid thing?
>>
>>10998647
What's the big cat helmet thing on the left?
>>
>>10999702
>>
>>10999693
>Because there's no rush
I certainly hope that's true, but with how quiet it was until Flame Wingman and the god cards, I was thinking both lines had stopped. Of course, it hasn't actually been that long, but when the latest releases are out/almost out, it's a bit concerning when there is nothing else known in the pipeline.
>>
>>10998641
I'd imagine Stardust is coming after Flame Wingman. There's some probably intentional synergy between figuarts doing the "monsters" and revo doing the human shaped designs.
>>
>>10998645
no pics of slifer and obelisk yet?
>>
>>11000160
Nope, they were just teased along with the Ra reveal at Shizuoka Hobby from a week or two ago.
>>
>>10998641
Well now I'm glad I didn't shell out for Mattel Egyptian Gods or for the Joynt Flame Wingman. Can't wait to re-enact GX episode 1 with my Ancient Gear Golem Joynt and Jaden SHF
>>
>>10999766
noooooooooooo fuck 5Ds give me more GX give me Ojama King or Cyber End
>>
File: GLhAH-IXAAAdwRB.jpg (284 KB, 1200x1200)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
They've been pumping out so much merch lately
Soft toys are welcome, yes?
>>
>>11000462
duel links made me hate these backrow niggas
>>
File: IP Masquerena alt art.jpg (111 KB, 639x638)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>11000462
Sure, I'd say all figures/plush are fair game. Given Snail Shell's usual range of figures, after Masquerena (assuming they don't go straight into ver.2 with her bike) I could see them doing something like this duo, assuming the figure is successful and the quite random duo of amiami and Snail Shell want to make more.
>>
Best look at Flame Wingman yet.
>>
File: 664adf9ae6237.jpg (371 KB, 1400x670)
371 KB
371 KB JPG
>>
>>11001495
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut12pfFwyQw
I mean there was only really one other option.
>>
I managed to snag a figma Kaiba off amiami for only 90 bucks, but ended paying 60 for the enemy controller preorder bonus off suruga-ya. At least that's still less than the current scalper rape prices. Now I just need to get my hands on three blue eyes.
>>
>>11001497
Well this looks fantastic. The fact that there's both him and Neos makes me kind of want the Revoltech Jaden, though I still think that figure looks lackluster. Maybe if ever there's a chance at getting it cheaper.

As some have mentioned, I still can't imagine those legs will be sufficiently strong to support all that weight from his top half. Maybe in tandem with the tail acting as a tripod.
>>
>>11001495
>>11001497
This is a great design but I am almost certain it will make a trash toy sadly
>>
>>11001518
Its probably gona need a support arm under the dragon head to keep it up for long periods. But if it does I'd imagine it'll be pretty stable.
>>
>>11001556
With some support stands I'm sure he'll be fine. The 2 dragons are fine with that one cradling stand, while the wing 'holder' stands are basically just there as an extra bit of support. With that kind of stand he'll definitely be able to hold together. I guess I personally like when a stand isn't required for a toy, but given the character I'd probably primarily have him 'flying' anyways, so I don't mind too much. I'm likewise concerned about Junk Warrior's ice skate feet, and how well he'll be able to stand.

>>11001542
Aside from my concern about playability without a stand, he seems to have all the articulation one could want out of the character. I'm also assuming that each segment of his tail is ball pegged.
>>
>>11001497
Any day now...
>>
>>11001497
That dragon head/arm looks like it's gonna need a stand...the tail looks like it will help a lot with balance though. Super Conductor Tyranno when?
>>
>>10999687
>mystery gimmick

Am I crazy for thinking its Sphere Mode? Its the only thing I can think of that doesn't involve fire effect parts.
>>
>>11001740
Nope, that's what I think it is too. Like you said, doesn't seem like it could be anything else. I assume we'll find out for sure once the promo pics are released.
>>
File: s-l12000.png (1.5 MB, 900x1200)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>11001495
>>11001497
All right, I've mostly avoided Yugioh figures so far besides Yugi and Dark Magician Girl, but I might bite on this. I watched the anime from the start, but it wasn't until GX when I was in middle school that I started playing the card game with my friends and the Elemental Heroes were my main deck. I even had picrelated, despite it being kind of a janky mess.
>>
>>11000462
do we even get the plushies over here? I'd buy this shit
>>11001495
>this
>ra kit
>accesscode kit
>zeus kit
holy fuck we're eating so good
>>
>>11001797
The plush aren't imported, I don't think. Would probably just need to import them yourself.

And yes... there's so much YGO figure goodness right now it's insane. It's got me collecting some card singles again, especially of the monsters that are getting figures. With my last set of card purchases I bought a Flame Wingman in anticipation of Kaiyodo announcing one (was quite some time ago) but now an SHMA one is coming! I would like to hope that they won't overlap characters, at least for a long time. The more variety the better.
>>
File: clayman.jpg (116 KB, 1600x1200)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>11001751
Some of the joynt figures were alright for what they were. Sparkman and Clayman were pretty good.
>>
>>11002143
For basic priced figures they hold up decently in the articulation and sculpt department. Older yugioh toys don't fare as well. I still have my Summoned Skull, where sculpt is decent but he's more or less a regular 5poa figure, so not much you can do to play with it.
>>
A Pop-Up Parade of Summoned Skull was just announced from GSC (not pictured so as to not trigger anyone), which I believe is their second statue in the line after Exodia. First off, I hope this doesn't deter (likely SHMA) of making Summoned Skull because he's one I've always wanted as an articulated figure. And with GSC starting to make more, including Nendo reissues, maybe it's time for a DMG Figma reissue, and maybe the duelists too. If they want to make something new as well I'd also be more than happy with that.
>>
>>11004116
>>
>>11004116
>>11004288
I know it's based off the artwork but the pose is just boring as fuck. I thought the same thing about the Exodia and some of the other statues. I don't mind buying the statues in more dynamic poses. I hope Summoned Skull does get something else.
>>
>>11001515
Shit that's a good price. Damn. I gotta watch amiami.
>>
>>11004116
>>11004288
>>11004302
Rule 2 fuck off retard statues will never belong here
>>
File: Ygo.jpg (649 KB, 974x1795)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
Saw these pop up at Dollarama, they didn't look that great in person. Maybe someone will be interested in the time wizard the size seems about what you'd want for it.
>>
>>11005118
Ah nice, I was hoping for some of these to show up at the dollar store. Thanks for sharing! Did you catch the price? I do also like the little cards/sticker, so maybe I'll grab some.
>>
>>11005120
They were on pegs with no price like in the pic. I'm guessing it was $4-5 like the stuff around it.
>>
>>11005125
Alright, cool. If they get the 2-packs those would obviously be $5, but so while it'd probably make sense to be less, $4 probably makes sense. I could even see $5. I just went back to look at them again and they do look pretty rough. I always liked Time Wizard, so I'd probably just get him. I wonder if we'll get the rest of the Super Impulse line from before they lost the license, as well as other YGO things like hangers and what have you.
>>
WHY IS THE SHMONSTERARTS BLUE EYES LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER ON AMIAMI. FUCK.
>>
>>11004116
>>11004288
>Summoned Skull before Dark Magician
Jesus Christ. Surely he'll be the next of Yugi's monsters they make...right?

>>11005476
Take it easy, Seto.
>>
>>11005476
It'd be cool to have 3, but I'll just stick with one copy. It's already so big, and Red-Eyes will match its size. And who knows, a Blue-Eyes Ultimate may come out at some point and that'll be even bigger.

>>11005484
I'm starting to wonder if there's some reason no one is making Dark Magician. I'd think he's a sure seller and obvious choice in his original atire, at least as an articulated figure (as there are other statues out there). He could be repainted from anime version to tcg/ocg, and even Arkana with some new faceplates. Could also be GSC is going for the monsters from the intro, meaning DM, Gaia, and Celtic Guardian next, and they're going for some more uncommon choices first (aside from Gaia Megahouse has made statues of the other 2). Or maybe unrelated.
>>
>>11005484
Watch Dark Magician finally get a figure, only for it to be the wrong color again.
>>
>>11005539
Theyd just repaint it after a while, probably. They could actually include some extra hands and faceplate and at least get the skin the same despite the outfit's different color. I'd be ok with either version honestly.
>>
>>11005118
Just saw these at a Dollarama. Was cool to see Yu-Gi-Oh products on shelves, but these are really not worth $5 each. I was thinking about getting Relinquished and Time Wizard but the sculpt is incredibly soft, and even if I wanted to touch them up, the basic and flat sculpts would keep them looking bad.
>>
File: SHMA Flame Wingman.jpg (78 KB, 876x876)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
I've no clue how to get larger images from IG...
>>
>>11008961
I turn Flame Wingman to Defense Position.
>>
>>11008969
On his stand (same as the one with the dragons) as a size reference. It's great that these have all come with attacks.

He will be 12k yen (compared to the dragons' 13k yen), with preorders opening June 3 and releasing October. https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14945/?wovn=en
>>
>>11008980
>preorders opening June 3
Shit that's the same day as SHMA 70th Goji, I'll need to pick one.
>>
>>11009599
I guess if both aren't an option you can weigh the options. Which one will be produced in higher numbers, and which will stay in stock sufficiently long that you could buy it in stock. Could be neither stay in stock, so I guess put the order in for what you want best, with the previous considerations as a backup.
>>
>>10998647
Wish it was the motorcycle version lol
>>
>>11010193
It does say ver.1, so if the line continues I could see ver.2 being the alternate art. Is there any other popular female monsters that could come out of the Snail Shell collab? I know of those twins, maybe Appolousa.
>>
File: iPrIZOB.png (3.6 MB, 2990x2130)
3.6 MB
3.6 MB PNG
>>11010207
After they make ver.2, the obvious next choice is to keep going and make ver.3, seeing as she received a 3rd outfit in the art book that Konami released a few months back.
>>
>>11010207
>Is there any other popular female monsters that could come out of the Snail Shell collab?
A ton. Yugioh has gone full waifu the last few years. You have Ecclesia and the other Dogmatika/Branded cards, Sky Strikers which got a manga, the Charmers which have always been popular, Labrynth. We get like 2 new waifu decks every year.
>>
File: Livetwingrin0283293.jpg (1.45 MB, 2176x1202)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>11010207
>Twins
Hell yeah
>>
>>11010235
Masquerena reigns supreme, I guess. But unless she gets a card I doubt they'd make her. Also I know you're joking, but so many versions of the same character in a row would be way overkill.

>>11010251
I guess I'm specifically asking if any of them are popular enough (have enough of a cult following like Masquerena) to justify getting a figure made. I'd think if the toy was good that could sell the figure on its own, but I'm sure they'd also like to have an active fanbase that's interested as well.
>>
>>11010292
Could any of those girls support a figure? They're certainly no DMG. I bet Snail Shell could make a pretty nice DMG, now that I think about it.
>>
File: 1644206488262.png (360 KB, 848x897)
360 KB
360 KB PNG
>>11010292
>Watching GX or 5D's dubbed
>Anime chad
You didn't even watch the whole show. 4kids skipped the last 12 episodes of 5D's, and the entire 4th season of GX.
>>
>>11010507
>I guess I'm specifically asking if any of them are popular enough (have enough of a cult following like Masquerena) to justify getting a figure made.
Sky Strikers are some of the most popular monsters ever. They got their own manga.
>>
>>11010512
I'd rather they make something else
Kotobukiya made a nice DMG plamo already
>>
>>11011210
I agree I'd like variety. And while there is the Figma, who I'm honestly surprised they aren't reissuing given the reissues of a bunch of Nendos and new Popup Parades, as well as the Crossframe Girl, the latter is definitely going to be a bit big compared to everything else currently out there, like the SHMA. But ya, leave it to Figma to reissue it, and since they probably wouldn't want to sell at the original price, just make a new effect piece (I assume they can't make the GSC bonus as part of a new set) and throw it in at a new price of 9k yen or whatever.

I'd say given Snail Shell's other figures, they would probably do things like Harpy Ladies, but with IP being their first collaboration figure, I doubt anything is off the table. I'm excited to see what else they may have coming, as well as what might be next from Moderoid or Plamax (if they'll ever solicit Accesscode Talker and DA Zeus). It's definitely an exciting time to be a YGO figure/model kit fan.
>>
>I actually got jannied
lmao
>>11011210
This, I dont want DMG cause we already have a DMG plamo AND a DMG figma (which itself got rereleased)
>>
What's the best way to get 3 SHMA blue eyes
>>
>>11014235
Give me the greatest dual blowjob and prostate massage ever.
>>
File: similar to mine.png (1.51 MB, 1368x1036)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>10998645
Though I am super happy to get a Ra, I just bought the Millennium Puzzle model and I just learned molded gold plastic is horrid for showing runner marks. I am a model kit noob, but none of the sanding techniques I learned from Youtube did anything to hide the runner marks.

What really sucks is that the runner marks are all pretty well hidden on every other model I have made. For a vast majority, the Blue Eyes, Black Luster Soldier, and Exodia all seem to be strategically built to hide marks under or inside other parts and the ones that do show are usually thin and easily hidden even with my noob level of sanding and polishing. The puzzle and the container box, 0 shits given, giant cut marks I cannot for the life of me get ride of right smack dab in the center of every part.
>>
>>11014550
you have to paint over them
>>
>>10998641
BROS WHERE'S MY TACHYON DRAGON PLAMO I NEED IT
I CAN'T AFFORD THE FIGURE
>>
>>11014550
Also another thing with gold is you have to be careful, cut far away from the part, then carefully cut out the sprue after it's already separated.
>>
File: 61Q6Sda+eIL.jpg (75 KB, 1249x1000)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>11014557
Is there a specific paint type for injected gold or is a gold gundam marker the best I can do? The looks of the gundam marker make me think it looks like real metallic gold vs matt plastic which is... I don't really know how to describe it other than plastic gold?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.