[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
What happened with the latest Protectors update? Is it so bad that the thread had to die here as well?
>>
>over four days
>still zero replies
Grim. I remember how these threads used to get over 500 posts.
But this reminds me that I should go back to WB1 campaign. I only finished the two first missions before I had other things on my mind. For hero I went with human ranger. Dunno if that's a good choice.
>>
>>1758410
The only good choice is undead necromancer.
>>
>>1754258
There was an update in the meantime i think and i should get back to it, thank you for reminding me anon!
>>
>>1760925
Since the launch of 0.9 that is
>>
>>1754258
I really hate a lot of the things they did with that update.
I'm thinking about doing a Dwarf campaign in WBC2, what's the best dwarf hero in that game, merchant?
>>
>>1761263
Dwarf Heroes are weirdly difficult to pick. A fast hero will outspeed the entire army, a spellcaster gets no bonuses, Rune Magic is prolly one of the worst spheres.. So yeah, fighter or merchant.
>>
>>1758410
>I remember how these threads used to get over 500 posts
I think the board got a bit faster as well but yeah 4 days without posts is plenty regardless, me personally I didn't come to this board for a bit but i got the itch to play WBC again, gonna do a alchemist run and play gacha with item crafting.
>>
>>1761539
You can play someone that isn't a wizard?
>>
>>1762431
What do you mean anon? Of course you can, classes that dont cast spells are very viable, fighters, assassins and support classes like merchants all strong
>>
>>1762498
Um, no.
Source : my level 6 paladin human heroine got killed in a single lucky strike by the fucking merchant enemy hero.
>>
File: 3gxtkk.png (295 KB, 706x838)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>1762500
>level 6 paladin human heroine got killed in a single lucky strike by the fucking merchant
See there's your problem, a heroine gets directly countered by a rich ugly bastard, think anon
>>
>>1762653
...funny you say that, he was a Dwarf hero, so literally ugly fat bastard.
But yeah, convinced me that sending heroes in melee was a horrible idea.
>>
File: hvc23n6b7ut21.jpg (164 KB, 780x809)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>race
Human
>faction
The Empire
>class
Merchant
>retinue
Elven women and girls
Yep, it's gaming time!
>>
File: Garithos_portrait.jpg (27 KB, 177x188)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>race
HUMAN
>faction
Knights
>class
Warrior
>retinue
HUMAN knight lords and mages
Yep its GAMING tiem!
>>
>>1763072
>sending heroes in melee was a horrible idea.
Full on warrior classes can wipe out armies by themselves and assassins can one shot pretty much anything, melee is viable, was it an empire or a knight paladin? Knights make better paladins.
>>
File: 1688422477152070.png (542 KB, 800x600)
542 KB
542 KB PNG
>>1763782
Empire.
>>
Pyromancer best class
>decent physical stats for a spellcaster
>high damage spells
>has a mass heal
>has a spell that gives units ranged fire attack with fire-breath helping with leveling buildings with cheap troops
And literaly all downsides can be avoided by microing your hero well, how can other mages even compete.
>>
File: grist-the-hunger-tide.jpg (174 KB, 672x936)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>1765387
This made me realise how WBC is a pretty good template for MTG RTS shenanigans, you could translate a bunch of post mending, and especially post desparking, planeswalkers into heroes. Im now going to make Grist (a swarm defiler).
>>
>>1763492
Build that harem, Empire chad
>>
so which campaign should I play as a newbie to this game in protectors
>>
>>1754258
The last update was years ago
Most people had their fill and moved on.
>>
>>1761263
I picked Runemaster, because it's a Dwarf only class.
Dwarfs in 2 had only 3 classes anyway.
>>
>>1769169
Last update was like 3-4 months ago, anon.
>>1769168
Pick a race and faction you like and then just chose something you find fitting, that's what I'd do, leveling system isnt as complicated as wbc1 and 2 so you cant brick your hero as easily.
>>
>>1769168
Oh wait fuck, campaign, I thought you were asking hero classes for some reason, they have the WBC 1 campaign in there so might as well go for that one.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.