[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Greetings to all members of Papercraft & Origami. I'm seeking advice on the most effective method for precisely cutting a square from a large sheet of paper. Additionally, I'm interested in suggestions for adding color to my plain white sheet through painting techniques. Any insights or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance :)
>>
>>620542
I cant speak on coloring but a large cutting surface paired with a drywall square and a razor works perfectly for when i need to trim large paper
>>
>>620542
You could always paint digitally then print onto both sides of the paper, i would just use a ruler and an Xacto knife to make squares of the desired size.
>>
I've always had issues getting a perfect square from a large sheet
>>
folding a corner toward the edge like your picrel marks the square perfectly. Just cut along the superimposed edge. Dont fold to hard if the crease is undesired
>>
>>620584
Thank you for your suggestion. Digitally painting and then printing sounds like an interesting approach. I found a helpful video on YouTube that explains a similar technique https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGYK0X99CQI
Im going to give it a try :)
>>
https://blog.kusudama.me/2017/07/09/howto-paint-origami-paper/

Paint helps protect the paper but the added thickness might not be desired for more complex models.
There's a book called 'origami bonsai' by Ben something(forget his last name) that has a different technique for painting paper, however it's a lot more time consuming.
Good luck!
>>
File: Square_tutorial.png (439 KB, 824x715)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>620542
This is the best reference that more or less makes it possible to figure out how to make a square from any cut of paper. Otherwise, measuring the length and folding that crease and then using that as a guide for the diagonal fold to make a square is the easiest way if the larger paper is square or rectangular. Also just folding edge to edge diagonally and trimming the excess.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.