[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4gods.webm (1.08 MB, 1920x1080)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB WEBM
am i gonna make it?
ITT: post animations you did with blender, anything is welcome
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjhOFXyscZ0
My latest one. It's mostly a test case for the simulation stuff I'm developing.
>>
File: rubiks_cube.webm (1.3 MB, 1920x1080)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB WEBM
This one taught me about gimbal lock.
Having consecutive 90° turns on different axis causes problems.
Changing the rotation mode to Quaternion solves it.
>>
>>975420
Quaternions are good and all but consider that you can't do stuff like keying a 720 degrees clockwise rotation, which you can do with euler angles, because quaternions always follow the shortest path from start to finish so to speak.
Also, due to numerical precision issues, as you stack up rotation after rotation with quaternions you'll slowly get misaligned.
It's not as simple as "just use quaternions" and any issue goes away,
>>
File: rubiks.png (1.39 MB, 2560x1392)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>975426
Thanks for this info Annon.
I guess there is no one solution fit all.

> Also, due to numerical precision issues, as you stack up rotation after rotation with quaternions you'll slowly get misaligned.
Between each 90° rotation, I had to keep a frame without movement.
Otherwise, the cube would slightly tilt during rotation. (pic related).
Is it related to the precision issue ?
>>
File: Donny.webm (3.23 MB, 1920x1080)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB WEBM
It's like Trainspotting but with donuts, Topology be fukkt tho, plenty is fukkt indeed.
>>
>>975442
regarding drifting, you should have checked graph editor. from what you're describing automatic interpolation probably fucked you over
>>
NSFW/furry, part of a bigger project I don't think I'll be finishing.
https://files.catbox.moe/xxl2fh.webm
>>
by "blender" I'm assuming you meant "any 3d software
>>
File: boxFall.webm (1.46 MB, 1024x768)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB WEBM
>>
File: charizard.webm (262 KB, 1024x768)
262 KB
262 KB WEBM
>>
File: triforce.gif (1.75 MB, 320x240)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB GIF
>>
File: Rally Drift.webm (3.81 MB, 633x356)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB WEBM
Here's the last thing I made and posted a few years back.
Still been working on stuff, but mainly for other people. By the time I get the motivation to work on a personal project after I finish a gig, another one rolls up and the cycle repeats.
>>
how can anyone animate in Blunder is beyond me, it's the most animation unfriendly UI ever made
>>
File: glove.gif (636 KB, 294x596)
636 KB
636 KB GIF
where are the animations? Why are you so embarrassed?
https://gifcam.en.softonic.com/
now you have 0 excuses
>>
File: peeFinal.webm (2.03 MB, 1920x1080)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB WEBM
>>
>>975409
https://files.catbox.moe/4emmfp.mp4
>>
>>976261
wtf o.0
is that... did you just... T^T
>>
>>976275
>want to make cute feet
>don't want to just pose yet another daz model like every other nsfw nigger
wish I could sculpt oh well
>>
>>976319
Just do it, it really wasn't that hard. Also I need to redo her feet cause somehow the multires details got completely fucked. Plus I think I can make them look a bit better than they are in this latest animation. Was my first time doing feet, second time using multires mod
You got this anon
>>
>>976320
they look pretty good for your first time ngl
>>
>>976322
Thanks! She's my OC and first character model. Used my drawings for reference when making her
>>
>>976275
Kek, misses a game over
>>
>>976340
Kek, maybe I should add in health bars too
>>
i know its ass but im proud of it.
https://files.catbox.moe/wyoeu8.mp4
>>
>>976358
I think it's pretty cool. Could use some more flashiness like a glint as the camera pans across the blade
>>
>>976389
im gonna be 1000% honest with you brother I have no clue how to do that
>>
File: ezgif-3-453fb8c2ba.gif (2.32 MB, 600x338)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB GIF
This is my second animation.
>>
>>976392
download some free lens flare masks and bedazzle the render in after effects
>>
>>975420
did you rig it?
>>
I see this board doesn't care much for animation
>>
>>976989
>I see this board doesn't care much for animation
Nah, just maybe this thread.
Probably don't wanna show work that's publicly available and can get rid of anonymity either.
>>
>>976991
A lot of people get caught by ALL QUADS trolls who approach them and tell them something like "how dare you try to animate something if you haven't solved the puzzle of topology yet" and "don't you know that if your model is not ALL QUADS it won't deform well".
Which is obviously a grift and troll propagated by people of uncertain gender orientation but it prevents people from progressing past some useless "base mesh" which never get finished.
>>
>>976991
More that there's not much being said about was has been posted. But yeah, I know everyone in this board is under NDA's, kek
>>
>>976998
what* has been
>>
File: Jeep turn.webm (1.4 MB, 633x396)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB WEBM
>>976998
>I know everyone in this board is under NDA's, kek
You don't have to be under an NDA to just not want random anons and schizos from 4chan to have access to your socials. Would anything happen should they have access to them? Not a chance. I do think there's people with that mindset here though, and to be honest I don't really blame them.
As for discussion, I think that's more of a /wip/ thing. Though you don't really tend to show off old stuff there.

For what it's worth, I posted one of my anims earlier in the thread. Don't think it'd be too hard to guess which one.
Here's another. Was kinda the predecessor to the other one. I wanted to do cool drifts and shit, but the guy wouldn't go for it on this one (didn't think Jeeps could drift or something), so I just did it myself later.
>>
>>977004
Again, I was talking more about the lack of discussion. Like how your animation got no replies.
And you can share work without sharing your socials, obviously
>>
File: Crystals.webm (3.49 MB, 1280x720)
3.49 MB
3.49 MB WEBM
>>
File: 0001-0140.webm (409 KB, 640x480)
409 KB
409 KB WEBM
There's an issue with the skirt but I'll fix it next time.
>>
>>975448
>>975565
>>975589
>>976275
>>976358
>>977004
>>977111
These are animations. Everything else in the thread is some kind of demo.
Nothing inherently wrong with demos though
>>
File: carltonSkelly.gif (615 KB, 294x420)
615 KB
615 KB GIF
>>977225
awesome. I'm on the list twice.
>>
>>977259
I like dem :3
Although the moon being so close in the scene is an interesting touch on the second animation. Not sure if I like it or not. (assuming yours are the car ones)
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/swt199.mp4
>>
>>977259
Same. Feelsgoodman.
>>
File: Turn Viewport.webm (267 KB, 1500x600)
267 KB
267 KB WEBM
>>977265
>(assuming yours are the car ones)
Nah those are mine.
And yeah, I agree about the moon. It was an artistic decision at the time, though I probably wouldn't have made it now. I think it might have had something to do with me wanting the moon big, swoop through the shot, but also go through the scene in a loop.
It's been a few years, so my thought process is pretty fuzzy on what was going through my head.
>>
>>976275
your pivot from 2d to 3d is going insanely hard, can't wait to see what you have planned when you come back!
>>
>>977330
One of the nicest (You)s I've ever received on the chins. Thank you! :3
I just gotta power through this beginner phase so I can produce decent quality content, then I'll return to socials.
Hopefully toward the end of this year I'll be ready
>>
>>977333
>socials
post 'em? not so I can uh see your work or anything, but so I can block you, you icky gross footfag >:(
>>
>>977352
@thekid_art_
Just one animation up rn. I only share my current work and stream in my Patreon discord.
I'll slowly release stuff from the backlog when I come back though
>>
>>977269
This is cool. I had to look up the original, but I was disappointed cause this looks a lot better kek
>>
>>977362
that's high praise. undeserved but not unappreciated. thanks anon, means a lot actually.
>>
>>977265
swing and a miss
I am heiling teddy bear and twilight lip flapping
>>
>>977369
Apologies, I should've been able to recognize the similarities
Wish I could see a little more from you. Are you going for a very specific style/vibe?
>>
File: pinkiebarf.gif (274 KB, 428x379)
274 KB
274 KB GIF
>>977371
negative. All of my animations are spur the moment random shit.
>>
File: 1000002369.webm (1.87 MB, 1280x720)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB WEBM
I'm not much of a modeller but I sure think I make good animations.

You can probably guess when I made this one.
>>
File: 1000002368.webm (803 KB, 720x720)
803 KB
803 KB WEBM
>>977503
Another older anim from back in 2022.
>>
>>977503
>>977504
Yeah these are very nice. I could learn a thing or two
>>
>>977503
as someone who's still new to animations and has only made simple shit, I've never understood things like hair. is that a physics sim type of thing, or are you going through and animating each individual one? looks great though.
>>
>>977607
Nothing here is a physics sim. I animated the hair and other secondary movements last. I normally start by moving the root of a hair strand first to follow the movement of the head and body, and then work down the hiera
>>
>>977621
that's a lotta work. don't know shit so i probably shouldn't speak on it, but wouldn't a sim be easier? guess you couldn't fine tune as easily with a sim though.
>>
>>977624
I can better control the motion if I do it by hand and it also means I don't have to deal with weird physics glitches that can occur. It also makes turning these anims into loops easier.
>>
>>977630
yeah that's fair. that your oc? she cute
>>
>>977658
A friend of mine made the model a bit ago. I can make models sometimes but I just don't have the patience to finish them often. Instead I prefer to animate them.
>>
File: 0001-0500.webm (2.15 MB, 640x480)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB WEBM
Some high quality VFX
>>
>>977734
This same thing happened to me and my sister when our parents died. She brought a Ouija board and pestered me to play with her
So she asked the board where mom and dad where and the board went 'HELL' and I was like "sis, you sick fuck!" but she swore she didn't do it.

Anyways later I was in the bathroom and the power went out, and there was a soft glow from the bathroom mirror and as I looked close into the mirror
in place of my own reflection was a demonic entity of some sort that told me it was all true, I was like "Get the fuck out of here" and the demonic entity went
"no you get out of here" Then fucking ectopalsamae or some such shit started pouring out between all the boards and thru the wallpaper and ceiling the whole fucking house started shaking.

Me and sis ran outside and we both where like "gosh, that was strange" and then this exact thing here happened to our entire damn house.

Luckily insurance covered it and they where like "it was a landslide" but bro it was no damn landslide, houses don't stick together like rubber and strafe all weird.
It was like a miracle of satan or something.
>>
File: A0000-0300-1.webm (2.53 MB, 1080x800)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB WEBM
>>
File: 0001-0250.webm (782 KB, 640x480)
782 KB
782 KB WEBM
I don't know where I'm going with this yet, but something tells me it's the right direction.
>>
>>975567
I like the hologram material
>>
>>976261
AMBATAKAAAAAAM
>>
>>977054
>youtube cristal gem 10 hours video good vibes

why aren't you uploading your stuff to youtube and earn some cuckbucks ?
>>
>>978893
fear
>>
>>978895
you should. yesterday I uploaded a shitty ball bounce /beg/ to my channel and earned 6 subs from it so far. I've gotten pretty consistent growth from blender content on my channel even though it's extremely bad. i used to be a gaming channel too and despite the algo hating me for abandoning my old content I've still grown at a faster overall rate with blender content than I did with gaming slop.

so what is there to fear? people, especially npcs, love 3d stuff.
>>
>>978899
I'm not crystal bro, but I do think you're right. I watch those relaxation "ambience" channels all the time. I delight in shitting on the vfx craftsmanship. Basically meaning, it's easy and you can get away with being shit at it.
I dont know where to get the music though.
>>
>>978900
questionable morality but I'd honestly just dl the audio from one of the vids from those channels and cut it up slightly and reupload. guarantee they did the same to a different channel. or just go through random shit on soundcloud. or as a final resort, ncs sounds.
>>
File: ShibeDrop.webm (1.33 MB, 1920x1080)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB WEBM
A physics simulation I threw together for a lark last week
>>
File: noAudio.webm (1.88 MB, 1920x1080)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB WEBM
Buddy kept posting non sequitur gifs with "Join [FOTM game]" so I thought I could do better.
>>
>>978895
ehat a fa-, lol dudev there channels that even reupload that crap with after effects and are getting millions of views, just get your piece of cake by uploading a video and using a trendy title, is that simple
>>
>>978931
Replace it with xoxols
>>
>>978961
I assume you mean pigs based on the only thing Google tossing back at me being at Uki connotations

Why?
>>
Imagine going on to /3/, going into a 3d animation thread, scrolling down, and seeing someone made a model of a pony, and reporting it.
>>
>>978983
this is a xoxol
>>
>>979795
Right, but why do you suggest it?
>>
>>979796
no idea, may be because your kots look similar to the xoxol, divided with a vertical line of two different colors LMAO
>>
>>975409
BRAPP
https://www.patreon.com/posts/pinch-loaf-101918492
>>
>>975589
do you often do car animations like this i find the drifting reminiscent of that drifting mobile game fr legends
>>
File: Toronto Drive.webm (3.61 MB, 576x324)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB WEBM
>>979938
>do you often do car animations like this
The drifting? Nah, not too often. That project was kind of a whimsy thing because the dude that commissioned a previous, similar, project didn't want his Jeep drifting ( >>977004 ), but I really wanted to animate some cool drifting. So I made a new animation with what I wanted to do originally.
Do I often do animations with cars? Yeah, that tends to be a running theme. Not so much because I'm super into cars, I just kinda fell into it after, I did some anims for fun, a few people commissioned stuff for themselves and suddenly it became a "thing" that I do. I don't mind it though, cars are fun to animate, and not too many subjects let you make an animation that covers large distances and stuff.

>i find the drifting reminiscent of that drifting mobile game fr legends
I don't play mobile games, so I can't say that was any kind of inspiration. I don't even play racing games all that often any more since they're kinda boring to me these days. They're all kinda the same, and don't do enough to separate themselves from each other.
That being said, I think I was inspired a bit by the Dirt Rally games in terms of the subject matter, but as stupid as it sounds the drifting was inspired straight up by Mario Kart. The way it chains together, the unrealistic speed taking the drifts, even down to the little "hop" that I have the car do before it drifts.
>>
Hey, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place on this board but I'm looking for someone who can animate simple shapes rising and falling away. Is there open commissions here? I've been on fiverr but everyone is offering services for logos and shit when I just need a simple animation showing what I need these shapes to do.
>>
>>979945
more details pls
>>
>>975420
Just whatever you do don't ever learn what quaternions actually are or how they work. If someone mentions Clifford Algebras run for the hills
>>
File: cossakcoin.gif (1.62 MB, 1024x1024)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB GIF
>>979945
>I'm looking for someone who can animate simple shapes rising and falling away
you. unironically. You could figure out how to do this in less time than any one person will even respond to an email.
>>
Is anybody else getting this issue?
>>
File: welder.jpg (82 KB, 768x492)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>980740
Yeah, gotta weld the verts first. It's a rookie mistake, but we've all been there.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.