[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: skelchair3.jpg (337 KB, 1900x1316)
337 KB
337 KB JPG
I hate geometry nodes.

So I wanted to get an array that has a offset for example every repeated part is -5 of the original distance.

This is impossible to get in the array modifier (despite the devs being retarded for not including it)

So lets see how I can do this in geometry nodes.
Repeat something node yes???
WTF? What is this shit.

Youtube search.

LOOOK AT THIS GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXYApfJuPk

Why the FUCK! Are there 2 extra nodes?!
WHY THE FUCK!!!! Can this crap not simple repeat an object?!!!!

Why the fuck do they keep changing this crap all the time!?
When will they finally come up with a non retarded geometry nodes solution.
>>
>>981381
Skill issue
>>
>>981409
>Imagine being a nigger and not killing yourself.
>>
>>981381
Looks logical. They split the functionality into small atomic elements which can be recombined in many different ways.
It makes sense to separate the offset logic from the duplication functionality, that's why the geometry node version can do whatever you can imagine rather than being limited to what the developers thought to include.
>>
>>981490
>They split the functionality into small atomic elements which can be recombined in many different ways.
More atomic then objects????
>>
>>981679
There are the new quantum mechanical nodes coming but they're always in a superposition of being useless and being useless.
>>
>>981381
This might help you.
https://studio.blender.org/training/geometry-nodes-from-scratch/array-tools/
You don't need to follow the tutorial, just grab the nodes. I use them quite a lot. The circular array is really nice, since you don't have to do the retarded "add array on first object, add empty, rotate empty, add object offset to the array on your first object" rigamarole.
Whether or not the nodes do the exact thing you need, I dunno, but I'm sure it'd be easy to tweak with some basic math.
>>
>>981716
>You don't need to follow the tutorial, just grab the nodes. I use them quite a lot. The circular array is really nice, since you don't have to do the retarded "add array on first object, add empty, rotate empty, add object offset to the array on your first object" rigamarole.
HUH?

I remember doing something like this like in blende 2.3 and it used something (not geometry nodes) I think it was the particle system

>just grab the nodes
Why are geometry nodes so counter intuitive?

>Learn...
No they keep changing them in every new version. Get your shit together!
I was waiting for the first adopters to get burned however it is blender 4.0 and they keep on fuckign with the nodes!

>>You don't need to follow the tutorial, just grab the nodes. I use them quite a lot. The circular array is really nice, since you don't have to do the retarded "add array on first object, add empty, rotate empty, add object offset to the array on your first object" rigamarole.
If blender was not retarded and god portions of it being stuck in the 90s other in the 2000s they literally give you a extra box in the array modifier that says.
>Offset
So you can do a offset or
>+/- rand
Box next to it will do 99% of what you want to do with nodes without being fucken retarded!
>>
>>981748
Oh, I see you're just throwing a temper-tantrum and venting for people to agree with you.
Hence you putting words in my mouth. You know, because I never once said anything about you "learning" anything.
I offered up something that might help (an existing setup that you just apply like any other modifier), but you're just looking to sperg out because something was added to Blender that you don't want to engage with.
Don't engage with it then. Simple as that.
>>
>>981381

geonodes was created as an excuse so that blenderfags and devs can say that it has """"parametric modeling"""" capabilities. you just have to DIY all the presets imaginable to do the most basic shit parametrically.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.