[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: example1.png (546 KB, 1920x1039)
546 KB
546 KB PNG
blender idiot here

I'm making a model for a vrchat avatar and for some reason some bones are moving around on their own after I export as an FBX then reimport. I've searched all over the internet for a solution and a lot of the threads on various websites talk about animations and making sure that the armature is set to the correct frame of the animation, but I've never touched any of that. I may have fatfingered some hotkey during the whole process, but I have no idea if this is a bug or if I'm just retarded. I've applied all the scales and rotations etc too, so I don't think it's that.
>>
File: example2.png (591 KB, 1920x1016)
591 KB
591 KB PNG
>>981476
>>
>>981476
Joints are not connected.
>>
>>981549

yeah no shit, they keep disconnecting themselves when i export. why is this?
>>
>>981558
So you connect them before exporting and they still disconnect?
>>
>>981559

yes
>>
>>981560
what are you using to export? CATS? maybe check the armature options, I assume you re-checked the rest pose, scale and everything.
>>
>>981564

just an armature with a bunch of meshes for the body and clothing. i tried using CATS the other day and it didnt even work so i got rid of it. yeah, the rest pose im pretty sure is fine and i made sure to go through all the objects to apply settings.
>>
>>981569
I would use CATS just to be sure, you say it didn't work but how exactly? a python console error?
>>
pixeldrain com/u/FhHSTV1t

Try using this

Also upload your blend file or links to whatever models your trying to kit bash if using MMD and CATS.
>>
>>981607

i got that at first so i had to remove something in a .py file, but after i did that i clicked the "fix model" button in blender and it just broke everything. it merged all the different objects into one and totally fucked the textures.

>>981614

https://file.io/SZrwtYYB7ia1

i cant add that plugin for some reason, it wont appear on the preferences/install menu in blender and it requires a password to unzip
>>
>>981661
In my experience, never do fix model with more than a few needed options, specially materials and stuff, do it step by step, also, if you get the python errors first try to use a dev version of CATS because the current one is stuck on Blender 2.8 compatibility.
>>
>>981662

i just downloaded 3.6 and the unofficial version of cats for it - i imported my fbx with the broken bones, fixed them, exported an fbx with cats then reimported it with cats to test it and it still keeps happening... whats going on?
>>
>>981663
No idea, maybe the other anon can see your file and find out.
>>
>>981661
Having a quick look the weights seem fine?

You have some zero weight bones which can be removed but other than that can you explain the issue your having fully?

Is the issue in Unity or in VRChats Engine?
>>
>>981765
also are you trying to modify the model? as if this is

https://nachoo.gumroad.com/l/Lupina

then it should have came with a unity package that makes importing it much easier, and you don't need to reimport the model if you added clothing just rig the clothing and then export the clothing to unity and add the clothing there if that is easier for you.
>>
>>981766
can you upload the whole thing to pixeldrain?

rather than your blend file? as I'm guessing you have made edits to it.

also yeah some reason it had a password

pixeldrain /u/9pvA6hEh
>>
>>981765
>>981766
>>981770

this is the one i bought, it had a bunch of shit on it that i didnt like so ive been going through the process of learning blender and unity to "fix" all of it

https://vrmodels.store/avatars/16814-lupina-6546.html

the weights arent the problem, the issue im having is that some of the bones in the armature keep moving on their own after i export as fbx then reimport, and i have no idea why. pixeldrain wouldnt let me upload for some reason so i put it here: https://file.io/fcwsu4eq03h2
>>
>>981780
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE BASE MODEL?

WHAT IS MOVING?

WHAT HAVE YOU "FIXED".

WHAT ARE YOU EXPORTING FROM AND TO?

I need information not vague posts.

Can you give me a step by step of what you have done?
>>
>>981871
I have zero issue?

I opened the clean .blend exported just the base mesh with the stuff with bones and armature and re-imported it.
>>
>>981872
if you mean the bone length that doesn't mean anything.

FBX doesn't keep the length of the bones, so blender just guesses the size you can click the armature, go to edit mode hit A to select all then S to scale, then G to move it, then go back to object mode Ctrl + A Apply All Transforms.

You really need to work on communicating your issues.

as when you say the bones are moving that could be anything.
>>
>>981872
>>981874

Finally you don't need to export out of blender until your done editing? why would you export if you haven't finished?
>>
>>981875
or you can just export just the mesh and just parent it to the armature that's already there if you prefer the look of it its a hassle tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR_Vke__voU
>>
>>981887
>>981476

https://streamable.com/xxtww5

This vid will burn after 2 days.

But shows you a quick way to export and re-import the mesh and then re-use the armature that's in the base blend.

But I think your been a Grade SS+ Autistic as you don't have any reason to export out and back into blender.

Past this video I'm done here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.