[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7685.jpg (155 KB, 1011x1606)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
I know a lot of people say if I want to do this I have to chat with everyone, but no, I am not voluntarily taking with gym bros. That said, there are some girls who I see at the gym regularly who I notice only go alone (4/5ths of the women at the gym go with a man), so I assume they’re single, thus I could chat with them. A few problems though, 1, I don’t know how I’d start a conversation. I don’t know what we’d have in common besides being at the gym at the same time. 2, I work at the gym. I’ve been here long enough that most of the people doing the same thing as me have left since I started, it’s far from a lucrative position and I’m only doing it part time while in college. That is to say if for some reason I get in trouble for it, that won’t be the end of the world. Anyways how would you approach a girl at the gym if you were me?
>>
>>31081508
Don't.
>>
>>31081508
>I work at the gym
OMG if that's the case REALLY DON'T.
>>
>>31081508
Join a gym where it's acceptable like a weightlifting gym or crossfit box.
>>
>>31081508
Join a class and get to know some of the women who attend it?
>>
>>31081508

Imagine this:

>you're at the gym after a long day of work and you need to relieve some stress
>it's 5 pm which means it's very crowded so you need to keep your eye on the machines you want to use
>everything is taken so all you can do right now is dumbbells
>you have your eye on a bench press currently being used
>you really really need to use it because it's been a while since you worked those muscles
>the guys taking a while so you just do squats out of boredom
>one of the workers who is a big husky bear chad comes over and starts working out right behind you
>you're a little annoyed but there's a good song playing on your headphones and you're in the groove
>every time you look at him in the mirror he looks away
>even when you don't look you can still feel his glaring eyes burning the back of your neck
>you rest between sets and nod your head because your favorite part of the song is coming on
>he starts talking to you even though you clearly have headphones in
>"oh- s-sorry what?"
>"womp womp womp"
>you don't really understand because you're looking over his shoulder at the bench press which is now vacant
>you assume you did something wrong because he is an employee
>turns out your shoelaces are untied
>he starts cracking jokes and you just fake laugh but as you put your headphones back on he starts talking to you again
>he starts rambling about a story where he tripped
>your phone alarm keeps beeping because you're past your rest period
>it still doesn't stop the guy who clearly noticed your alarm
>you are nice because he works there
>he notices you stretching your arm and gives advice on how to stretch it right
>someone has taken the bench press now
>he starts asking personal questions
>you notice he keeps adding "don't forget to rest your muscles in the sauna"
>he says you can stay after closing for the sauna
>you don't feel comfortable using the locker room now and you go home without showering in your sweaty gym clothes
>>
>>31081762
A work of art
>>
Bump
>>
>>31081512
This. The gym is for working out, not hitting on girls.
>>
>>31081762
you are a massive loser for making up all that shit, kill yourself.
>>
>>31081508
If you're not trying to push sexual energy then it's just having a conversation. That's non-creepy by default.
>>
you're a creep

t. fellow creep
>>
>>31081762
Bahahahahaha
>>
>>31081762
I said I dont care if I have to find a new job. Also I could just talk to her while I’m working out instead of while I’m working. Not like there’s anywhere else to meet women these days
>>
>>31083143
girls don't want to be talked to at the gym UNLESS you're a hot guy. Which, if you're posting on 4chan asking for advice, you're obviously not.
>>
File: .jpg (276 KB, 729x728)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>31081508
Act confident. Be handsome. Be tall. You will not be thought of as a creep. Simple as. Creeps are men who women just don't like.
An ugly guy trying to get a woman is a creep. A basement dwelling autist who never interacts with women is also a creep.
I travel a lot.
I really miss the environment in a lot of Eastern european/ west asian gyms. Very few women. No couples. Not dudes trying to get laid. Just strong men getting stronger. There's enough drama in real life. When I enter the gym I want to train.
When women approach me or give me signs at the gym I just ignore them.
>>
>>31086044
I’d take you seriously if you didn’t use the Greco-Roman statue picture
>>
>>31081516
Shut up bitch
>>
>>31081508
You don't
>>
>>31081508
imagine paying the money to join a country club and going to it regularly several times a week but never talking to any of the other members. that's essentially what you're doing now, 80% of a gym's appeal is its social dimension
>>
>>31088702
Kek this.
You just know every any post with an image like that is by some low t 5'6 dyel manlet.
>>
>>31081508
i wouldnt go after women in personal or private venues besides parties.
>>
>>31089072
Why would I voluntarily talk to gym bros? Besides I don’t pay I work there
>>
Don't listen to all these closeted terminally online faggots. According to them it's literally never a good chance to approach someone. Gym is perfectly fine, you could try complimenting their dedication, asking about their gym passion, show them a new work out etc. Maybe just time your approach when they appear more available(like not staring constantly in their phone or bring super focused on something) and you don't need to convo dump in one go (if she's a regular you can approach her again next time casually and see how it goes)

T. Gym rat woman
>>
>>31081508
You don't ask them out immediately. You say something as simple as "Hey! I see you here all the time, what's your name?"

>I work at the gym
You have to play it slower than you would normally then. I honestly have no clue, because that's a different dynamic and I don't have experience from it. All the gym employees chat with guys and girls at my gym though. They're pretty friendly and talk to everyone serious about weightlifting. So maybe be like that? Whether you're a gym employee or just a gym member, you should be a social person, not just someone who talks to girls.
>>
>>31081508
Just don't. There is a very small subset of men who can chat women up at the gym successfully and you're not going to be one. Most of them are there to work out just leave them alone and go to a club if you want to pick up women.
>>
>>31092825
show us your ass you cheating slut!
>>
>>31093011
The women I’m into don’t go to clubs
>>
>>31093424
Yeah right, half the women in gyms are club sluts, you're in denial and inexperienced
>>
>>31094226
I was referring to the other half

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.