[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GhostType.jpg (2.61 MB, 2300x3100)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
So I am born and then the system just decides to make me a worker drone? How fucked up is that? How can I escape this ratrace? This pre-determined fate?
And no, I'm not lazy nor unambitious. I got straight A's all the time and am one of the best workers at my firm.
I'm just realizing this, and therefore asking.
Glowies, stay out, no Glowies allowed in this thread, no derailing allowed either.
Thanks
>>
Bump
>>
>>31091438
I have a feeling that anyone who uses this website (or rather this board) is in the exact same boat as you and doesn't have an answer. But here's some of my own advice I guess: sometimes you just have to accept the cards you're dealt.
>>
>>31091438
You only need to work a career if you want access to all the fancy modern amenities our society has to offer. There's hundreds of thousands of homeless people who've chosen another way, and you can join them. Not all of them are addicts or insane.
>>
>>31091650
>sometimes you just have to accept the cards you're dealt.
Yeah, I guess so. Thanks.

>>31091658
Why is your only alternative to working a career, to be homeless? Why is there no middle ground?
>>
>>31091664
Your question is dumb. Imagine a middle ground for yourself and chase it.
>>
>>31091438
You were never really supposed to be this educated or self aware as a peasant , this was only allowed because the capitalist system the nobles put in place demanded it to prevent further revolt from the lower classes.

Now the onus is on you to "make your dreams happen" or else you just weren't good enough
>>
>>31091723
If it were that easy someone would have done it.
>>
>>31091747
It's subjective, it doesn't work the same for everyone.
>>
>>31091438
>the system
so - you're retarded?
>worker drone
your lack of skills and self-control are your own issue.
>How can I escape this ratrace?
Be skilled and ambitious enough
>I'm not lazy nor unambitious.
lol
lmao, even
>I got straight A's
which only proves you can sit still and be quiet for teacher
>am one of the best workers at my firm
what do you do, pooor widdle worker drone?
>>
>>31091737
Okay well that sounds better than before. Plus they need more educated people to fill in the engineer and architect roles and stuff.
>>
>>31091664
>Why is there no middle ground?
YOU are the dumb motherfucker that started with
>Worker drone or nothing
moron.
>>
>>31091875
>>Worker drone or nothing
I never said that
>>
>>31091438
Unless you won the birth lottery and get born to generationally wealthy parents everyone has to work. How much that shit is going to suck is entirely on you. Get a skill that you can sell and you will be worth more and therefore harder to boss around. Life is literally that easy. The reason some people end up as burger flippers for life is because they’re either too dumb to do anything else, don’t care about doing anything else, or are too passive in their own life, instead waiting for things to just happen for them. You sound like you fall into the last category.
>>
>>31091438
>"at my firm"
>In a position where you can work at a firm
>Already mogs half the globe by default

Quit your bitchin and figure out your life lol
>>
>>31091747
>If it were that easy someone would have done it.
Shit bait.
10% of the entire American workforce is self-employed. Toss that in with the number of mentally stable, emotionally mature people that work for a living, not to define themselves, and the vast majority of people are in the "middle ground"
>>
>>31091664
>Why is there no middle ground?
Because you’re not a baby and society is not your mommy to coddle and provide for you. Contribute or get the fuck out of the way.
>>
>>31091883
>You sound like you fall into the last category.
What makes you think that?

>>31091887
Thanks? Okay
>>
>>31091896
You said you got straight As in school, you probably have the capacity to not burger flip your whole life, yet instead of leveraging your above average intellect into a better position you’re whining about having to work
>>
>>31091894
>Contribute or get the fuck out of the way.
Anon, most people don't really contribute much to society
>>
>>31091903
I already have a good position, but I want an even better one
>>
>>31091737
>You were never really supposed to be this educated or self aware as a peasant
What's it like, being as stupid as you are? Does it hurt?
Literacy was so wide-spread in the Medieval Period that adventure fiction was immensely popular with the average person. General education was common enough that the Catholic Church stared creating universities in the 11th century to turn the brightest peasants into professionals.
So your peasant ancestors from 1,000 years ago read novels for pleasure and tried to get their kids into university to become lawyers, you fuckwit
>>
>>31091905
The guy who pumps gas and changes lightbulbs still contributes to society. Do you think shit just happens by magic? That nothing ever breaks or needs maintenance? That shelves are packed with food without someone to grow it, harvest it, package it, ship it, accept it, and shelve it. No wonder you think you shouldn’t have to work. You’re a fucking retard with a myopic view of the world.
>>
>>31091881
Really?
So this
>So I am born and then the system just decides to make me a worker drone? How fucked up is that? How can I escape this ratrace? This pre-determined fate?
Implies you are Trapped by "the system"
>>
>>31091915
To be fair, Anon didn't specify the time period.
>>
>>31091910
So go get it, what the fuck is stopping you?
>>31091915
The mistake you’re both making is conflating “common” with “peasant” or more accurately what the first anon was referring to “serf”. These are not all the same thing.
>>
>>31091916
I don't think we have the same understanding of "contributing"
>>
>>31091920
Yes, but that doesn't mean it's worker drone or nothing. I can still work a little to maintain myself without being a mindless worker drone working 40 hours a week
>>
>>31091936
I would love to hear your “understanding” of contributing you soft handed faggot
>>
>>31091924
You have to go back to well before the word "peasant" would apply, son.
>>
>>31091927
>what the fuck is stopping you?
Nothing, I just wanted to see what /adv/ had to say about this lmao
Plus, I have no real friends to talk about this, so I came here.
>>
>>31091955
I can see why, you’re evidently severely autistic
>>
>>31091949
Like, improving society ina massive way, bro
Not maintaining shit
>>
>>31091959
That's an exaggeration, I just hate talking to most people. They're mostly just spewing nonsense and negative auto-suggestions. I hate their way of living. I hate "normal" life.
>>
>>31091927
*sigh*
Serfs were a vanishingly rare class of citizens found in few times and places until the late 18th/19th/VERY early 20th Centuries in Russia and
>brace yourself
most of them were literate, thank you very much.
So were their differences between what English speakers usually term serfs, peasants, cottars, burghers, yeomen, and gentry, the non-noble classes often found in Europe in the 8th through (frankly) 20th centuries?
Yup. Many.
But 'most of them were illiterates' was never true.
>>
>>31091971
>"I'm not autistic! I just don't understand normal human social interaction"
pure comedy gold
>>
>>31091977
>But 'most of them were illiterates' was never true.
In Europe maybe
>>
>>31091977
*there
day drinking, sorry
>>
>>31091986
If normal human social interaction means shitting on each other and affirming crippling and limiting beliefs and doing the same thing over and over again until they die, then I don't even want to understand it, no thanks
>>
>>31091910
>I already have a good position, but I want an even better one

This fucking guy
>>
>>31092023
What's up?
>>
File: read a book.jpg (17 KB, 474x338)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>31091987
Chinas's history of a strong emphasis on literacy for the common man originated BEFORE Confucius in 5th Century BC and remained strong thereafter with education in reading and writing a cultural focus which allowed the development of a large market for adventure novels, just like in Europe.
While not quite as common in Japan until the later Medieval Period it still existed there, too.
Same in the Muslim world.
Whining that you are sad because you can read it, and I mean this, retarded
>>
>>31092000
>Yes, I am autistic
FTFY
checked
>>
>>31092061
Ok
>>
>>31091961
How do you expect to improve society if your support beams are left to rot? Fucking retard holy shit.
>>31091971
You write like a contrarion teenager
>>31091977
>*sigh*
I didn’t know chrischan transitioned into a /his/fag lol
>>
>>31092120
Bravo anon, bravo
>>
>>31091438
Ifyou don't work for the Big Boss then you go in the workforce
I don't make the rules
>>
>>31091894
t. mind broken wage slave
>>
>>31092302
>t. section 8 dwelling welfare leach
>>
>>31092310
I.e. based individual
>>
>>31092317
Based would be leaving society altogether and homesteading in Appalachia or something. That requires work though which is why most people who whine about the system don’t do it.
>>
>>31092288
Is this a Metal Gear reference?
>>
>>31092325
Who tf wants to go live in Appalachia? Certainly not me, a based individual
>>
>>31092326
Metal Gear?
>>
>>31092335
So you’d rather live in a crack shack on the taxpayers dime? Sounds great buddy. I’m happy for you.
>>
>>31092326
No.
>>
>>31091916
Those niggas are paid 5 dollars an hour, meanwhile psychopathic retarded people are contributing as "assistant project lead" pickup a 5 figure check every week doing nothing
>>
>>31092363
>sinecure office jobs exist for the rich and connected to sit on ass and collect dust while getting paid large sums of money
And? So what? What does this have to do with whether or not the majority of people contribute to society? If you’re trying to say that the rewards for contributing to society are often disbursed in an uneven and illogical way I don’t disagree with you but that’s a completely different discussion
>>
>>31092341
Stop thinking in absolutes and extremes
>>
>>31092382
We live in a society
>>
>>31091915
>>31091977
>>31092052
Where can I read more anon?
>>
>>31091438
Make your own company or join a family owned company. The first probably has the highest chances for high ROI, the latter is for a comfy lifestyle in a tight knitted work environment
It is okay to work. Your ancestors had to do it too to survive, only in a different way.
Just do not do it for Mr. Sheckelbergs 5 billion bonus.
>>
File: ypia7m0oo8c21.jpg (353 KB, 2048x1484)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>31091977
Leibeigene, the German equivalent of serfs, were actually fairly common throughout the middle ages. Often times it was a voluntary set up though and everybody hates on them because they are retarded.
>>
>>31094414
Yes, I never said I didn't want to work, just not like what you just said, as a worker drone. Thanks for the advice man
>>
I didn't start making good money until my mid 30s. If you're gonna drone, do it in a warehouse/factory where most of the workers are junkies or ex-cons that will NEVER get promoted and eventually you will just get a management job by sheer virtue of how terrible everyone else is. Middle management is hell but it's the sweet spot between wage slave and entrepreneur.
>>
>>31095711
>Middle management is hell but it's the sweet spot between wage slave and entrepreneur.
How is it hell? And entrepreneurial in what way? That you can sell stuff? Or make things happen?
>>
Bump
>>
>>31091916
>The guy who pumps gas and changes lightbulbs still contributes to society.
And the guy who spends his day getting wasted on a private jet, trafficking children and threatening others with war gets "paid" 10000x more despite contributing jack shit and is just stealing what other people earned
>>
>>31091894
An ideal world doesn't work this way.
>>
>>31091894
Providing for us is literally why society exists, retard.
>>
>>31097502
Tell him anon, tell him
>>
>>31091438
If enough people protest this fucked up way of doing things, maybe we can change them. You are not the problem. It's a raw deal we never agreed to.
>>
>>31100018
Not like there's a better alternative
>>
>>31091438
If you want to escape from the system, build a ladder and climb up a rung. You're smart, why work for others when you can apply what you know for your own gain?

I play their game and don't mind the work, quite enjoy it honestly, but within the next 10 years I want to start my own business, during the 10 following that I want to make it self sufficient and fair for my employees. My goal is to be in a position where I can work when I want to but don't really have to. Happiness isn't not working, but but needing to work.
>>
Are you working a bullshit job? These are the ones where you spend every waking minute making easy-to-automate PowerPoints or being a “wellness coordinator.” If you’re in one of these, your work is probably somewhat meaningless but hey! You get paid quite handsomely for bullshit jobs. So you can have more free time than someone working 9 to 9 for the same salary. This is probably not your case

More likely, you’re doing a “real job” involving actually creating value. Examples are QA testers, most programmers, and even a few financial analysts. Of course I’m just picking office jobs, the majority of physical jobs also fall into this category. If you do anything in this category, you’re probably not gonna have nearly as much free time, and you may earn less than with a bullshit job, but at least you can tell yourself that you’re creating value. If the system dies, then everyone will be a worker. Maybe not a drone but a worker nonetheless.

If you just don’t like the feeling of working under the boot of your manager, you could start a mechanic shop or go ditch everything and learn how to farm (actually quite hard so don’t just buy a plot of land and expect to understand what you’re doing.) These professions help you make your own money, but they have numerous problems like health complications for mechanics and poverty for farmers that may make you wish you were back in your cushy office job (or not, I mean some people really love autonomy.)

Perhaps you weren’t born into a family wealthy enough to avoid having to work. Suck it up, you had a 0.1 percent chance to be in one anyways. All I can say is to try to focus your life around your time out of work rather than your time at work
>>
>>31103486
You said it, brother. Respect, and thank you for your time and words.
>>
>>31103517
Thanks man *2x thumbs-up emojis*
>All I can say is to try to focus your life around your time out of work rather than your time at work
Yeah, I've been doing that lately, even extended my breaks at work, and my slave NPC coworkers are starting to notice lol, but hey, it's not like they can't do the same thing, right? That's honestly not my problem to fix

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.