[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1611533311594.jpg (50 KB, 805x993)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
I dont think I have an ugly smile exactly, but I don't think I have an attractive one, at least on command. When genuinely smiling from a reaction or laughing, or while drunk, I actually quite like how I smile, but while sober and also when "trying" too smile for a picture I feel I just look awkward. It's been an issue of mine for awhile, I actually avoid pictures with people until I'm drunk for that exact reason.
So how can I smile better, do I need to practise in the mirror? Take pictures of myself? etc etc, I guess I'm asking how to be more photogenic but even then I like how I look for the most part.
>>
Practice in a mirror uintil you feel confortable

practice taking pictures of yourself (preferably not a selfie)

locate what you dont like of your smile and try to not do it. for example I tend to squint too much my eyes when smiling

but keep in mind that in the end nobody cares, so work on your self steem
>>
>>31107669
teeth = incisors = predatory = angry
theory
>>
>>31107669
sit in front of the mirror practising faces, eventually it'll work. Or get drunk in front of the mirror until you find at what point you like the smile.
>>
when i was about to get married i was so nervous for the same reason as op, i stressed about the wedding pictures as if my life was on the line so i started looking around for reason to laugh genuinely, like making fun of someone or a more wholesome way is looking at people i like, they smile then i smile back, later i used this to smile daily and try to remember how my face felt when i smiled genuinely after some time (3 months now) i kind of get the feel of the 'right smile' don't stress about having the best or sexiest smile, a smile that doesn't make people feel awkward is enough. hope this helps, take care.
>>
>>31107669
You could try practicing, but if you smile when happy naturally, then focus on just smiling when you're at ease. Maybe when you're drunk keep smiling to develop that muscle memory.

I'm in a similar situation but my smile is deffo ugly due to abuse from my parents.
>>
cut your cheeks buddy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.