[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6520.jpg (148 KB, 1170x448)
148 KB
148 KB JPG
At what point does “bros before hoes” get invalidated?

There’s this girl who one of my best friends had a thing for who recently has been flirting with me super hard, kissed me at a party etc and has pretty clearly been hinting at wanting to date asking me to hang with her solo. In the interest of full disclosure I talked to my friend about it thinking he’d appreciate the heads up, wouldn’t mind since it was awhile ago etc, and honestly it went pretty awfully. He went full incel, calling her a whore, talking about how the flirting ruins every group setting we’re in and how he never wants to see her, etc.

What do you guys think? She’s cute, charming, and in general I don’t get a lot of female attention, especially the woman being as forward as this. On the one hand, bros before hoes, but on the other hand, his reaction was so ridiculously over the top that it makes me want to disregard him and go for it. There’s also the fact that he tends to fall for every moderately attractive chick and “claim” them for himself, like hell right now there’s two other women he’s orbiting for months and not making a move on. Feel like at a certain point it’s more of his problem than anyone else’s.
>>
Depends on the friendship. I asked my life long homie if I could date his cousin and he was cool with it. The relationship didn't last long. Was nice while it lasted.
>>
>>31109046
>wouldn’t mind since it was awhile ago etc, and honestly it went pretty awfully. He went full incel, calling her a whore, talking about how the flirting ruins every group setting we’re in and how he never wants to see her, etc.

Disregard him but expect him to take that poorly too and you might lose a friend over it , I'm a pretty weak dude with some chad friends but I would never be so self unaware to never make a move on anyone , go full incel, and then also be cheesed at the homie for moving forward.

It takes a certain kind of ego to do all of that. By going full incel he proved why he was never gonna get the girl anyway.
>>
>>31109071
Yeah that’s kind of why I’m thinking fuck it and go for it (which I’ve never done to a friend over a girl before) — the fact that he not only was this butthurt over a woman for the crime of not being attracted to him but also that he was this selfish in making it all about him definitely has me thinking less of him
>>
>>31109071
You gotta call him on his pattern , if you are actually good friends he'll appreciate it rather then get pissed

"bro you do this every time , you fall for a chick , do nothing , claim her like she yours, and then wallow in misery and pity " and list some examples
>>
>>31109077
100% , you a real one my guy - your sperg friend either has a lot of work to do but if he lashes out , I'd start expanding your circles.
>>
>>31109046
He's a loser.
Date her, move on
>>
>>31109046
go for it, he clearly hates her now anyways. KWAB
>>
He's being toxicly envious of you and i wouldn't tolerate that behaviour if i were you
>>
>>31109081
I actually did, it just clearly didn’t get through to him at all lol. Which makes me think he just hates her now regardless such that I should go for it

>>31109086
>>31109109
>>31109120
Thanks anons. I have a lot of social circles, he’s just a longtime friend and in a lot of them. Feel like said circles are more likely to push him out for being a dickhead over this rather than her for dating me
>>
>>31109046
I’d say go for it if only because he’s already putting hoes before bros if you think about it. Like he’s putting his bitterness before your happiness. It sucks to have happen but imo this is one of those ultimately good things of revealing who your real friends are. Sounds like he’s only your friend as long as you do everything he wants you to.
>>
>>31109130
You are a gay bitch with 0 values or idea of friendship, hope that whore gets you herpes and then dump you so your "so life long friend" can laugh his ass at you and ridiculize you in your retarded social circles you so end up being a ETS ridden faggot clown hahah
>>
>>31109130
is he really one of your best friends or a longterm acquantaince? sounds more like the latter.

a best friend is someone you have each other's backs. like if they call you at 3am to help them get rid of a dead hooker, there'd be no question you'd help them out and they'd do the same for you. if they're that kind of friend, you don't fuck it up over a bitch. there's plenty of bitches out there, a bitch only stays hot for at most 10 years, a true friend is forever.
>>
>He went full incel, calling her a whore, talking about how the flirting ruins every group setting we’re in and how he never wants to see her, etc.

"Yeah haha total whore. So you're cool if I hit that right? Thanks bro you're the best"

This is how you handle situations with people like this.
>>
>>31110056
He’s been a pretty great friend to me in general but I also recently had two of my best friends who I’ve known since childhood completely ghost me over a minor disagreement on a shared creative project, which really rattled me in terms of thinking “how strong are my friendships really” — which is kind of what has me considering going for it here. I get not trying to steal a bro’s girl, but on the flip side, if he has other options and she’s not even into him in the first place, why am I the one who has to be the bad guy if I go for it? Why can’t he be a good friend in giving me his blessing?

>>31110188
kind of how I’m feeling it about after talking to him honestly (albeit not acting nearly as callously lol). Like at first I felt terrible about it, but a few days later I’m now feeling like how extreme his reaction was is kinda ridiculous, and the fact that he only cared about how it effected him was maybe an insight into how (little) he thinks of me. Like even the next day I was naturally a bit distance, at one point I went to the cinema alone and I walk out to a text from him saying “you seem quiet today, something up?” lol like yeah last night you called our mutual friend a whore for flirting with him and acted like it was the worst thing that could ever happen to you
>>
>>31109046
I think it depends on what your intentions are. Maybe just me but if I was the friend in that situation I think I’d be less upset if it led to a committed relationship rather than hookup(s). The former would probably make me get over it in realizing you two have something that we never could and being happy for you, the latter would make me seethe knowing you’re getting ass and I’m not (even if that’s still true in the former). Also feel like stepping over a bro for love is better than stepping over a bro for a one-time lay.
>>
Feel like these kind of threads make me realize how much more petty the average person is than me lmao. Like it’d be one thing if a friend tried to snipe a woman who was into me and I was laying the foundation to get with, but I wouldn’t remotely care if a girl I got rejected by but was still friends with got with another friend of mine months later, especially since it sounds like you didn’t even know her at the time this happened.

IMO your friend is the shitty one here. Shitty to this girl for keeping her as a “friend” in the hopes she one day wakes up & wants to fuck him as well as for the way he reacted, and shitty to you for acting like a crush means he owns this chick & keeping you from a potentially good thing.

I was your friend in this situation once — except I gave my friend my blessing because I knew I had no chance with her, and they were both great people, so why wouldn’t I want my friends to be with great people? They’ve been married for like 8 years. Crazy to think me being a petty motherfucker would have totally changed his life.
>>
>>31109077
This post gives me hope
>>
>>31110249
>lol like yeah last night you called our mutual friend a whore for flirting with him and acted like it was the worst thing that could ever happen to you
Which would have been a reasonable text to send back desu. I would ask why he feels he has ownership of this girl. And once he gives you his dumb response you should let him know that as your friend that you're giving him a heads up that you're gonna shoot your shot with <chick friend> and you'd appreciate it if he would cool it with thr disparaging remarks.
>>
>>31110404
how so lol? That I’m being assertive rather than spineless?

hell that kind of goes back to what I was saying above about my friend too — he’s very much a people pleaser, which is why he’s kept her around as a friend despite apparently feeling this negatively about her, the fact that he hasn’t said anything to her about her flirting with me (and only said anything to me about it because I brought it up wanting to be real with him). Love the guy but def an annoying quality
>>
>>31110426
This, jealousy over a girl you’re both into is one thing, seething rage over a girl who’s into you but not him for flirting with you says a lot about who he is and your friendship. That’s not only a horribly extreme reaction, but it’s also pretty unfairly placing it on you for the crime of being attractive to her.
>>
I otherwise agree with all the “go for it” replies, but feel like one thing anons here are missing is the friend being OP’s roommate. It’s one thing to see y’all being affectionate at a group function here and there, but having it in your own home is different. Is he gonna fly into a rage when you’re cuddled on the couch watching TV, or kick down the door if he hears you having sex? That to me would be the biggest concern.
>>
>>31110501
OP here, def one of the biggest things for me. Unfortunately she lives with her parents, so yeah pretty much any hanging in private would have to be at our place.
>>
>>31110188
honestly kinda smart to flip it on him like this desu (but I’m sure it will piss off OP’s friend anyway)

“Ok cool if you think she’s such a whore then good thing she didn’t date you. I don’t mind that though so I will. Later!”
>>
>>31110774
Then you need to assess if incelfriend is gonna fly into a bitchfit. I would see his response to you saying you're gonna try with this chick. You might have to give chickfriend notice that he might be weird.
>>
>>31110188
yeah your friend def had a “telling on himself” response here
>>
>>31109046
how do you know if she is a "ho"
>>
>>31109046
Do you respect your friend otherwise?
If so, then you might want to ask why he called her a whore. Considering that she kissed you before even dating you, it sounds like he's right.

That aside, if he already had his shot and/or it didn't end because of her poor behavior (e.g. cheating), go ahead and date if you want to. You already ran it by him and got his input, and it's up to you to decide if a fling at most is worth potentially losing him as a friend.
>>
>>31112767
I have plenty of dude friends who I trust my life with but would never listen to them on women unfortunately, dick completely corrupts the mind. Idk why you invented all these scenarios for OP, their situation seems p clear
>>
>>31109046
Is there any chance she does have it out for him and is flirting with you just to try and drive him out of your group?
Girls are never usually this forward unless they really want something. If she really wants you then congrats bro, but I would dip your toes in before you leap.
>>
>>31109130
you are callous snake, weighing whether this will backfire on you or if they will push him out of the friend circles instead. unfuckinreal
>>
>>31112767
kissing before dating isn’t crazy at all, what are you a church mouse?
>>
>>31109046
>At what point does “bros before hoes” get invalidated?
Everyone will abandone you for some pussy that will take half his shit when they turn 35.
That’s how it is.
>>
>>31115256
oh sorry i didn’t read your question.
fucking don’t. dumbass
>>
>>31114463
>t. degenerate
>>
>>31115256
This, the bro bible of “never go for a bro’s girl” is over the top imo. Obviously, don’t snipe the girl your bro is hitting up at the bar, don’t try to steal your bro’s wife, etc. Putting that to the extreme of “don’t date a girl that your friend got rejected by and is being a pussy beta orbiter for in hopes that she’ll one day want to fuck him” is pretty ridiculous. At that point OP’s friend is easily being at least as bad a friend as he is for gatekeeping him from a good thing for little reason other than jealousy. For me that would probably make me reconsider how good of a friend they actually are if they’re that petty and vindictive to a “friend”.
>>
>>31109046
You don't go for someone they're actively trying to woo, their ex, or their sister (without asking first). You didn't violate bros over hoes, she rejected him and they never dated.
>>
>>31109046
When the woman is more trustworthy than the man.
Right now, neither person is trustworthy. Someone that insecure is not a bro, and the girl hasn't done anything to earn respect either.
>>
>>31109046
A lot of anons looking to start shit here OP. If your friend values you, he will hear you out if you explain how unreasonable he's being. Do so with no intent of starting beef, but be firm. If he can't see it your way, you can tell him you're going ahead anyway, again not looking to start shit just ask him to be respectful.

If he's still a dick about it, well you lose a friend, but as you mentioned on another post, you know how rare true friendship is.
>>
>>31117710
fr

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.