[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1703932774442033.png (89 KB, 300x300)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
This thread will come across as whiny but I need to ask anyways:

What the actual fuck are you supposed to do when one of your parents is effectively taking up the mantle of everything, and the other refuses to do anything but yell at them even when they do what they're told? Then, when the one who is handling it all eventually snaps and loses their cool, the one who does nothing just like... walks away and refuses to even address the fact that they're effectively useless?

I'm keeping this vague on purpose because I'd rather not go into specifics but it's kind of killing me inside. I'm not a homebody nor a provider but I do whatever I can around the house, so it only exacerbates an obvious imbalance in responsibility.

I know every other person my age has a toxic home life but what makes my situation even weirder is that no one, not even my other relatives, is aware of the fact that only one of my parents does... Well, does anything. I mean that literally. Not out of disrespect either, it's just the reality of it. They do not do anything at all, and they get mad at the other for doing the things they could do on their own but just refuse to do.
>>
>>31111843
Yeah that's just a classic case of an abusive marriage anon, my parents are the same. Not much to do t b h. Try to take as little damage from this as possible, and let your doer parent live with his or her life choices.
>>
>>31111843
There’s a reason one stopped giving a fuck.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.