[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

My friends are such good people it sometimes makes me feel bad. My friend group is always there to help me out, never miss a chance to meet up, play games, watch stuff together. And I feel really bad because back in middle and high school I used to hit one of them all the time when I was a dumb kid and was a nuisance towards them, I have no clue why they stuck with me. If I were them I'd have dropped my stupid ass a long time ago. They just helped me get a gf and I cannot thank them enough. I have never done anything quite on this level for them. I really don't deserve friends as good as them, but they are always happy to be around me for whatever reason. They themselves hold zero grudges, it's all in the past for them and I of course have since grown as well but it still bothers me. I wish I could go back and beat my past self so I could have treated them better. Maybe I do deserve all this anxiety after being a bit of a bully.

What can I possibly do to repay them and how can I stop moping about my past actions towards them?
>>
>>31112185
You’re obsessing. If good people like you, you can’t be that bad. Believe in their belief in you.

We all do dipshit stuff as kids. Forgive your younger self; he had to go through what he went through to become you
>>
>>31112185
>My friends are such good people it sometimes makes me feel bad.
Cognitively I identify this as projecting a low self esteem delusion onto your peer relationships.
Intuitively I can't relate. Why feel bad about being below someone else's standard? It's your own standard that matters; simply select a standard you can comfortably meet.
>If I were them I'd have dropped my stupid ass a long time ago.
So? That's just you failing to meet your own standards and projecting; lower those standards.
>What can I possibly do to repay them
Be happy in response to their friendship instead of sad, and express this happiness with them. That's probably their goal with you; make it easy for them to achieve it by being happier.
>and how can I stop moping about my past actions towards them?
Literally don't feel bad. How is this a question? Just stop.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.