[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I have some old dirty unusable gas. Recycling it or whatever isn't an option
What's the most environmentally responsible way to get rid of it? Options I've considered
>Burn it
>Let it evaporate
>Pour it on the ground
>Pour it down a storm drain
>>
>>31116912
Very likely your city has a disposal program that's free.
>>
>>31116915
Stfu cuck retard

>>31116912
Drink it, or burn it.
>>
>>31116912
Why get rid of it, it's useful. Use it as a degreaser. Will take oil, or grease off anything.
Gasoline makes a good organic solvent. Say you wanted to make an underbody wax sealant.
Mix petroleum jelly, a little bit of engine oil to control consistency, and some gasoline to thin it until it it paints or sprays.
Spray on, the gasoline evaporates leaving a waxy surface on the metal or paint.
Or if you want a penetrating oil to loosen rusty nuts / bolts. Engine oil + gasoline to thin it until it creeps.
Loads of uses beyond an engine.
>>
>>31116912
Reach out to a county extension office or soil conservation district and ask them about resources for a chem sweep in your area.
>>
>>31116936
Burning it is fine... But is that better than simply letting it evaporate? Or should I just pour it on the ground where plants will eventually break it down into something useful?
>>31117012
>Why get rid of it, it's useful. Use it as a degreaser
Already did, that's why it's horrible and dirty and has sand and shit in it
>>31117021
>>31116915
Did you guys not read
>Recycling it or whatever isn't an option
>>
>>31117168
Pour it on a cop car and light it up.
>>
>>31117168
A chem sweep isn't recycling, it gets incinerated. If you can't wait, put it in milk jugs and drop it in random dumpsters.
>>
>>31117174
>chem sweep isn't recycling
It totally falls under what you'd expect of "or whatever"
>it gets incinerated
I do know how to make fire myself
>>31117172
Too much effort, I have things around the house I could destroy
>>
>>31117377
You still haven't resolved this? Wtf faget
>>
>>31117384
Well, it currently is evaporating. But that'll take, days? Weeks?
>>
>>31117471
Pour it out already
>>
>>31116936
>Drink it
Considering that, is there some way to make gas seem edible? There's a local dog park I don't like, maybe I could leave it out there
>>
>>31117518
Fuck you swine, there's chimp-niglets starving in Africa and you won't drink your gasoline?
>>
>>31116912
Put it in your car retard it's fine.
>>
>>31116912
Mix it a little at a time with good gas or use it for washing greasy parts and killing weeds. Burning in an engine is the most friendly way to dispose. Maybe not your Mercedes but, lawnmower.
>>
>>31116912
Can't remember the name of the product but there is something you can put in old gas that restores it. Just do some googling.
I typically use my old gas for my power washer / leaf blower.
>>
>>31119669
>killing weeds
That sounds like the best use I'll get out of it (even though I give zero fucks about weeds)
Does it actually kill them just by pouring a little on them? Or should I pour some on them and set them on fire too
>>
File: IMG_1041.jpg (99 KB, 2048x1500)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>31120132
You’ll wonder why you didn’t already have something like this.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.