[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9810.jpg (104 KB, 1435x828)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
I was bullied quite a bit as a teenager and the voice of my bullies still lives on in my head. It stops me from doing anything productive for fear that I may be ridiculed for even trying. For trying to believe in myself and thinking I could be somebody worth giving a shit about. My generation is failed, we were raised on the internet with cringe compilations and social media making us hyper-aware of our flaws. I want to kill the voice inside me that tells me I'm worthless because I know that's not true.
>>
>>31117197
Unironically lift weights. These voices prey on you when you feel weak, but when you're strong they recede into the background and disappear.
>>
>>31117247
>lift weights
Already doing this and to be honest it does help. Gives good motivation to keep pushing through, but I wonder if there's anything more I can do.
>>
File: Maximum learning.jpg (106 KB, 540x540)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>31117197
You have to understand that errors and failing is ok, normal, and part of the process of getting better.

Your bullies only said it because it got a reaction or of you, not because what they said has any truth.

It's ok to make mistakes, and get messy.

You control what voices you hear, remember other voices you do like, even if they are heroic quotes.
>>
>>31117197
Here’s some actual advice for you:

Stop fucking crying about being bullied in high school. How much of a manchild can you be? You’re hung up on kids calling you mean names? Are you fucking kidding me? Get over it. Your life is easy. The real problem is that you’re a fucking pathetic loser who cries to this day about getting made fun of years ago by children. Get a grip.
>>
>>31117325
Yeah, boxing.
These voices will be your demons, they will basically feed on your weak and insecure moments for life.
Good news is, we all have them, so if it wasn't these bullies it would simply be a parent, or your superego, or society.
So in a way, it's nothing personal.
>>
>>31117335
Gr8 b8
Go kill urself
>>
>>31117339
Not bait it’s me pointing out reality
>>
>>31117335
Ok?
>>
>>31117342
Kys fr fr
>>
>>31117335
>t. bully
>>
>>31117197
hey man i had the same problem, i found that isolating the location inside your head that the voices were coming from was a very helpful step in understanding how to get rid of them. For me i had two voices in the front of my head and one in the back, the front two were incredibly angry and sort of childish. the back one was harsh. I was able to focus on them when they arose and told them to fuck off and one day not too soon after I awoke to a completely empty mind. Tranquil. No voices. Only my thoughts that come from me, and they only come up when I need them to.
Good luck my friend, your flaws arent really something to be ashamed of.
>>
>>31117197
You must mocheemee your moleemee.
>>
>>31117477
what does this mean
>>
>>31117197
The inner critic is silenced by meaning and mission.

You need to separate from negative stimuli, and exhaust those inner demons with meaningful action.

Easier said than done, but this is how you get your self respect back as a man.
>>
>>31117197
listen and learn to your inner critic rather than letting it get to you
>>
>>31117247
As someone who did this, you'll find another flaw in yourself. This shit doesn't work. I've just come out of a months long psychosis (I think) where I thought everyone hated me and was laughing at me behind my back at home and my new job. One guy I thought was talking shit to me came up to me and we said plainly he was always just joking, the other guys talked to me. It turns out they weren't bullying me, they were trying to be friendly and get closer, but 1 seed of doubt multiplied relentlessly and I was actually freaking people out with how quiet and withdrawn I was.

This shit doesn't get better.
>>
>>31121423
Sounds rough. Have you ever been on antidepressants? Did they help at all? It's scary how the mind makes delusions feel so real.
>>
>>31121604
I was some years ago. At first I was happy, but then as I got used to them it was more like my consciousness was smothered under plastic wrap. I could still feel the anger and sadness underneath, but now I was an increasingly emotionless zombie. I quit them. Since then though, I've had a serious of horribly unfortunate, sad, or in one case, completely fucking soul crushing events. I've kept fighting on through sheer force of will, but now it's like I'm a walking corpse that should've died a long time ago. Those psychiatrists and psychologists ruined my life and I have to live with the pieces of a failed dream. I've been knocked back beyond square 1. As a kid you have limitless potential to be what you want, but now I lost what I wanted and have no idea what I could do to fill the void or if it'd even come close.
>>
>>31121638
If you don't want to answer this question that's fine, but what's it like having psychosis? I've never had psychosis but I sometimes feel like there's two people in my mind. One is the voice that tells me I'm worthless and that everyone is conspiring against me and the other voice is my real self buried deep down trying to overpower the negative voice and failing. And the worst part is that I don't know where these voices end and I begin. There's a part of myself I don't really understand and it frightens me.
>>
>>31117335
t. bully
>>
>>31117197
you challenge your inner critic

>"no one ever messages me"
Open your phone up, see there are messages from people

Etc.

Challenge it.
>>
>>31117197
>I want to kill the voice inside me that tells me I'm worthless because I know that's not true.

Well, for all we know it is true. What were you bullied for and what is it that you want to do?

We're all our worst critics, but you can solve that by being good enough at the thing you do that you get actual praise from others for it. But even then maybe you'll think they're just lying out of pity. Hyper-aware is our kind's curse, but at the same time our worthlessness is becoming reality, with AI coming into the picture. So what is it that you want to do?
>>
>>31123326
>Open your phone up, see there are messages from people

Hi mom, hi boss, hi "your ralphs order is complete", hi instawork, hi amazon, hi uber, hi various services reminding me to pay

Group chat time
>>
Top tier thread. Thanks OP for sharing

>>31117336
>These voices will be your demons, they will basically feed on your weak and insecure moments for life.
This is very true so logical conclusion would be to limit your interactions with those who bring you down. Or up your social skills to where you can build your core group who are similar minded as you. This includes becoming that which you want to surround yourself with. And remember you deserve it. Anybody would deserve that and you’re not exempt from the equation. Unavoidable if your situation sucks but it’d be a good goal to start from.
>>
>>31121903
I didn't even realize I was in it until reality suddenly snapped back into place. It's not even like I had to try and imagine a hidden insult or double meaning in people's words, there was no alternative. Smiles triggered feelings of insult, like they were mocking me, I was constantly hearing my name being called only to see nobody. A coworker looked at me and I saw his eyes up close, and it's like they were magnified and glossy. I thought he wanted to fight me, but I think now that was concern and maybe even warriness. It's like spinning around in place really fast, but it's not just what you see that's a blur you can't make sense of, what you hear, feel, think, it's all separated, amplified, distorted, and then mashed back together. I hardly recall anything from the past few months other than feeling almost hunted. I was so sure I'd be fired, that everyone was out to get me, that they were all always looking at me and sneering. If you've ever played with a dog, imagine not being able to tell if he was happy to see you or if he was about to attack you as he comes running and barking with his teeth visible. Now apply that to people and add a fear of everything in your life being seconds from crashing and burning.
>>
>>31117197
picture child you when you talk to you

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.