[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1685402872584990.gif (305 KB, 600x450)
305 KB
305 KB GIF
My gf of three years told me she doesn't know if she loves me.

Also says that I love her for than she loves me if she does love me.

She's also told me in the past she's not really physically attracted to me, not her "ideal" look

This should be a very easy reason for a guy to leave the relationship, but for whatever reason.

I feel like she's going to monkey branch as soon as the opportunity arises or cheat on me if she doesn't already.

Please talk some sense into me.
>>
>>31117733
>don't love you
>don't find you attractive
why is she even with you? maybe she's lonely? what guarantees she is not going to dump you for the first guy she sees in the street?
>>
>>31117733
Someone who has to try to love you doesn't and can't love you.

The relationship has run its course. Be free, friend. Best not to stay in this vortex constantly thinking about if she's gonna end it. Break up, get hurt now, and move on.
>>
>Please talk some sense into me.
I think one of the best ways to tackle complexity is simplicity.

Please tell me what it is that you would like to do, and let us work from there.
>>
Out of curiosity OP, are you a French guy whose name starts with a T?
If so I'm sorry that you have to go through this shit and you are better than her for staying loyal.
If you're not, regardless, you should gtfo because she sounds toxic af and will only hurt you in the long term if you stick around and validate her cunty behavior.
>>
>>31117747

It's both of our first relationship and she's not even that attractive herself, honestly. But she's a narcissist i think.

>>31117752

Yes that's what I thought. Love isn't something that needs to be forced. It should come naturally.

>>31117754

I'd like to break up with her but have a hard time letting go of all the memories with her. Also the thought of being back in the dating scene, i'm utterly terrified. So i guess im clinging to the familiar even if unhealthy in the long run.

>>31117759

No im not french. Yes so many red flags fuck i need to leave and be hurt for little and get over it.
>>
>>31117788

>> I'd like to break up with her but have a hard time letting go of all the memories with her.

Translation: I know I need to break up but I'm scared I won't find someone else so I use her as a safety net and convince myself it's for sentimental reasons.

Grow the fuck up cunt. End the relationship if that's what you want to do. If not, fucking work on it. Hit the gym, lose weight, work on reigniting the spark. Pick. This is on you.
>>
>>31117788
Yeah it sucks to lose someone you care about, but if she doesn't give a shit about you it'll only hurt more if you don't break up now. She's clearly declared her desire to move on so get her out of your life.
>>
>>31117733
Use this relationship as a training ground for having a better relationship and to spot warning signs. She is obviously telling you that she is keeping you until someone better comes along (which I believe she has found) and now wants you to be the bad guy by breaking up with her.

Tell her that if she wants to break up she has to be the one to say it, meanwhile I suggest you look for another place to live if you are living together and save your money but put it in a bank account she does not know about. Good luck anon and hopefully you find someone who loves you for you.
>>
>>31117788
>It's both of our first relationship and she's not even that attractive herself, honestly. But she's a narcissist i think.
Reflect about it. Maybe you should let her go.
>>
>>31117805

But we both cry at the thought of ending the relationship. I wish she would just tell me to fuck off and make it easier for me.

>>31117830

Yeah she also nags me a lot and gets mad at small things. I feel like it's because she has resentment towards me deep down for being with me. She has also threatened me many times about leaving, maybe next time I'll say okay fine. Luckily we don't live together or share much of anything.

>>31117825
>>31117833

I must let her go. That's it. I must let her go for my future. I can't have a woman around who doesn't love me or will jump ship at any time. That's not good for my mental health.
>>
Your first mistake was having sex with her before marriage. The second was that you weren't dating with the purpose of marriage. If you don't center your.life to God no wonder you have an awful relationship
>>
>>31118046
Ignore faggot above.
>>
>>31118048
He’s right, the religious bit aside. If OP wasn’t having sex with this woman (or living together, if they were doing that), he’d be able to see very quickly and clearly that there’s no affection or potential in the relationship.
>>
>>31117752
This. Don't beat yourself up OP everyone has preferences, it is unfair that she took you for a ride tho.
>>
>>31118356

signs were always there, I was a fool to go along...
>>
>>31120682
NEVER talk lowly about yourself, just do what's wise without judgement, it's going to hurt, at this point realize your attachment to her is like being addicted to alcohol, you know it's hurting you but you can't let it go, leave it and don't take another sip, for your future wellfare and happiness, for your future self esteem, imagine what you will think about yourself in the future if you stayed in a relationship Knowing that she didn't like you let alone loved you, set yourself free from more pain.
>>
>>31117733
dump her retard, there is no other option.
Staying will only bring you misery.
>>
>>31120749

Have a very low self esteem as far as social/romantic life goes, even though i have a good career and make good money. I'm trying to hold on to something, the only something i ever had, even though it's phony. Feels bad man.

>>31120802

So
staying with her= long term misery and bigger heartbreak down the road.

leaving her = short term misery, might possibly meet someone better eventually who will love me, but also chance ill be alone forever.

did i mention she also beats/scratches me when she gets angry? She gets mad at me very small things. I let her treat me like this for at least the past year
>>
go no contact
>>
>>31122373
>did i mention she also beats/scratches me when she gets angry? She gets mad at me very small things. I let her treat me like this for at least the past year
Oh, so you have no spine and you won't do shit... I thought this was made by someone who was going to make a choice, not just think about what might be.
That's okay, see you next year when she dumps you!
>>
>>31124071
This.
Use the free time to better yourself.
>>
>>31122373
She sounds like a treat. Give her the boot, bro. She doesn't have respect for you, so found someone who does
>>
>>31118338
But what if they got married and he found out she wasn't attracted to him
>>
>>31126170

I really should. Fuck I need to man up and do this. Rip off the bandaid.

>>31126178

I already know she isn't,

I deserve a woman who's crazy about me just as much as i am about her. Life isn't fair.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.