[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712306254193315.png (253 KB, 872x821)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
im in my 20s, kissless virgin and theres this really cute girl at work who i keep catching looking at me. we work in different areas so this whole meme of just going up to her and saying hi would look weird as fuck because id have no reason to be over there. we both have similar tastes in music based on band shirts shes worn plus ive also worn a few so we both know we like the same music which is kind of the silver lining in all of this but i just dont know how or when to do it not to mention even if it actually leads somewhere (not that i really expect it to) i feel like id just be a massive disappointment due to my severe inexperience with shit like kissing, sex, etc. maybe im looking way too far into this but ive never really felt this way, usually when im attracted to a girl i just ignore it and never regret not initiating some kind of convo but i really feel like ill seriously regret not at least talking to this one. why the fuck is it so difficult? why is it so goddamn anxiety inducing? im basically being given a golden platter and i still cant bring myself to do it
>>
>>31124141
>i saw a cute girl
go to her, say hi, smile, ask her about her job, ask her if she has a boyfriend, if she says no bf then ask her on a date, date twice, sex, dates and sex and calling, facebook official, take her to parties and get togethers, introduce her to family, meet her family, ask her dad if he's fine with you marrying her, buy a ring, take her to a park, propose on your knee and call her beautiful, if she says yes then hugs and kisses and sexy time, facebook official, plan the wedding, go to more parties and get togethers, wedding, honeymoon, buy a house, have a kid, travel once or twice a year together for vacation, take the kid on vacation, have another kid or more, take up hobbies and teach your boy(s) skills, raise your kids well, retire, buy a boat, divorce the wife, bang hookers and drink whiskey, buy a bike, spend most of your time at biker bars, grow old, die, EZ
>>
>>31124141
TLDR. Dating at work is a strong no no. General rule is to avoid. Won’t read the details because you’re a faggot without the ability to synthesise a clear point.
>>
>>31124212
you can find a new job if something goes horribly wrong. love is more important than some stupid job.
>>
>>31124202
well you got it all figured out. that sounds exhausting though, i just want the gf and the love without all those steps, or else single and able to do whatever i want. im already too old to do all those things so might as well just accept the singledom

As for you OP you could go over and introduce yourself based on the shirts, but there is a good chance she's not even aware that what she's wearing is a band, like girls who wear nirvana shirts for instance. Course, maybe she is, maybe it goes well. But also yes, >>31124212

If it goes bad it could go really bad.
>>
>>31124286
you can spread all those things out over ~60 years, just pace yourself
>>
>>31124141
>nd shirts shes worn plus ive also worn a few
kind of off topic but can someone explain to me why people do this? what compels someone to wear a band t-shirt instead of a nomral t-shirt? why does it have to be specifically the band you like and not just any random band? i listen to a lot of music but i've never been compelled to buy a t-shirt or whatever. is there any psychological way to explain this pattern beyond just "i want people to know what i listen to"
>>
>>31124348
Korine comments on the film's pop-aesthetic, saying: "America is all about this recycling, this interpretation of pop. I want you to see these kids wearing Bone Thugs & Harmony t-shirts and Metallica hats – this almost schizophrenic identification with popular imagery. If you think about, that's how people relate to each other these days, through these images." - is the closest i've been to seeing this topic being discussed. (from the director of 'Gummo')
>>
File: obvious.jpg (45 KB, 1600x900)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>31124141
>theres this really cute girl at work
stop right there, chief. Do not defecate where you eat. Do not FUCK with your money income stream. Chase MONEY not feelings, you pathetic excuse of a man. Go to work, keep your head down, do your job, and LEAVE. Go home. Don't fuck with your money.
>based on band shirts shes worn
realize young adults today just wear shirts because they are popular. You are being creepy about all of this.
>i just dont know how or when to do it not to mention even if it actually leads somewhere
if you must, try it out? Say hello. You will regret not doing anything. Ask her about her music preferences.
>due to my severe inexperience with shit
because you never do anything. Practice makes perfect. But not at work, where you will fuck your money up- you idiot.
>why the fuck is it so difficult? why is it so goddamn anxiety inducing?
because you're a PUSSY. A coward. Too afraid to actually do anything in life- even when its something you desire. Chads get to be where they are because they just try things all the time. They fail and they learn. You- are too much of a coward to fail.
>i still cant bring myself to do it
Then languish as a loser. Never talk to girls bro, you might as well be alone forever.
>>
>>31124141
>how to talk to cute girl at work??
>this whole meme of actually going up and talking to her won’t work and I’ll look weird
lol fucking retard that’s literally the only thing you can do. What are you going to do stalk her social media and dm?

I would just see what she does at work to see if you could bump into her out of the blue and introduce myself to her. Nothing weird or anything and then slowly build on that so next time you see her you can be like “hey stranger” or something nice and continue to build on to the point where you eventually ( but not too long) ask her for her number. Just get her number, don’t be weird to ask her out to lunch that minute. Or you can if you’re confident in your abilities but it doesn’t sound that way
>>
>>31124141
>we work in different areas so this whole meme of just going up to her and saying hi would look weird as fuck
>"hey, what are you working on?"
or if that doesn't make sense
>"nice shirt, what's your favorite song of theirs?"
The point is it doesn't really matter what you say, either she wants to talk to you or not
>i feel like id just be a massive disappointment due to my severe inexperience with shit like kissing, sex
If she likes you it's not a big deal, I'm sure you've seen enough videos to learn the basics
>>
>>31124212
>>31124401
You people have autism, if this isn't a professional career job then who the fuck cares, just find another one if shit gets real bad
>>
>>31124507
>just find another one if shit gets real bad
yeah, you're fucking retarded. Don't fuck with your income stream.
>>
>>31124141
>im in my 20s, kissless virgin
You and like everyother dude lol
>and theres this really cute girl at work who i keep catching looking at me.
You're already half way there then :)
If shes looking at you then she might already consider you as a potential mate or eye candy which can also lead into being a potential mate.
>i feel like id just be a massive disappointment due to my severe inexperience with shit like kissing, sex, etc.
Its not that bad. Just show a bit of confidence. And don't commit obvious blunders.
>why the fuck is it so difficult?
The greater the reward the higher the risk. You like her so it means more to you.
>im basically being given a golden platter and i still cant bring myself to do it
Its time to risk it Anon. JUST DO IT! (>O<)
>>
>>31124507
>just find another one if shit gets real bad

lmao I can't find one, even mcdonalds, and I DIDNT get fired for sexual harassment linked to all my ATS permanent records. If you got a job right now you're a fool to not keep it
>>
>>31124212
>>31124401
fellas this isnt some long term career. i had planned on actually leaving this year and looking for a new job.

>>31124415
thats kind of what im banking on its just hard to find the right opportunities, especially because she works around a bunch of whales who'll absolutely try to cockblock me or some shit probably because thats just what they do.
>>
>>31124202
Stop promoting fornication
>>
Not identical but similar situation here. I do actually kinda know this person and she's generally nice to me when we interact, which is rarely due to being in different departments. I'm far enough removed from her that I'd consider it fairly safe to try asking her out. How does one do this in a work setting?

For context, I've had two partners in my adult life and am somewhat past the terror of talking to women, though I still have the Aspergers debuff.
>>
My two cents:
Don't approach her.
Unless you are the sort of person who normally goes up and talks to people they don't know well, it's not going to feel natural, or fun or good for you in any way. Maybe you can be that sort of person one day. But not many people are like that, so don't beat yourself up about not approaching people.
What you can do is just start smiling and waving when you see her. That would feel a lot more natural and normal and fun for you. It's not a taking a huge risk or anything. Its just a fun and non commital way to build rapport.
When it feels more natural, you can start saying hello when you see her. After that, you can think of the next step.
Its might go somewhere, it might not. Doesn't matter. Its about having fun and increasing social skills and being comfortable. It's a lot better than not doing anything, but beating youself uo because you can't go from 0-100 and approach a relative stranger. Very few people can.
>>
anon, keep in mind that unironically, the life you are living is going to be the way just a tiny wink in the universe, your life doesnt matter, it only should matter to you, and if you never give you a chance of changing it, you will never do it.

if you truly like her and want to talk to her, just do it, man. i believe in you, change the way you are living for better, if it goes right, its going to be a big improvement, if it goes wrong, it doesnt matter, eternal nothingness is worst than that. GO FUCKING DO IT, ANON!!!!!!!!
>>
>>31124141
Get naked and start the sexual revolution!
>>
>>31124653
>hard to find right opportunities
I get that. That’s why to just need to go up to her.
>whales will PROBABLY cock block me
No that’s just wild cope to rationalize you being a pussy. Go talk to her dude. If anything, all of the whales and anyone who sees will hype you up and tell her that you have balls.

I get the hesitation though so maybe try to catch her going into or out of work. See what car she drives where she parks
>>
>>31124202
Boomer handbook right here.
>>
>>31124998
>Unless you are the sort of person who normally goes up and talks to people they don't know well, it's not going to feel natural, or fun or good for you in any way. Maybe you can be that sort of person one day. But not many people are like that,

I am that person. I talk to anyone, even girls just fine. Its the turning it to sexual/flirting that feels weird
>>
>>31124348
get checked for autism

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.