[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1667759073730180.png (406 KB, 700x740)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
How do I convince my friends to stop fornicating with their girlfriends and marry them instead?
>>
Why would they do that?
>>
>>31124810
I would agree if the woman is a virgin, otherwise to pound town those concubines go!
>>
>>31124810
People are going to fuck, it’s how we are. Focus less on getting them to not fornicate and focus on encouraging them to making their relationships honest in the eyes of God.
>>
>>31124810
Don't bother. Just befriend other Christians instead.
>>
>>31124810
Their girlfriends aren't worth marrying, that's why they're just using them for sex instead. It's like trying to convince them to keep a 25 year old beater car instead of just getting a new car. Especially since they're in the world? They will never ever listen to you. And pussy is like a drug, they aren't waiting for a good argument, they're waiting until they have a hard time getting that drug. Then maybe they will marry some old whore.
>>
>>31124810
It's none of your business dude
>>
>>31125017
Clearly you aren't Christian. Christians would naturally wan those they love to stop sinning
>>
>>31125023
>Clearly you aren't Christian
Clearly OP's friends aren't Christian either, thus why their answer would probably be "Mind your own business". Don't waste your time and inconveniencing everyone by proselytizing to people who don't want to hear it.
>>
>>31125023
they should naturally want that. that's different from pressuring people about it and making them feel judged. mind your own damn business, full stop. I'm sure Jesus wanted Mary magdalene to stop whoring around too but if he could find the grace to not harangue her about it you can too
>>
>>31125087
Umm.. Go and sin no more? Jesus did that
>>
There seems to be a double standard. If your friend says he's stealing things from a supermarket, it's okay to tell them they are doing something bad, but when they are having premarital sex, it's suddenly "Mind you own business"
>>
>>31124810
As an educated expert I see two options here:
1) put something in their drinks, then do hypnosis on them and tell them they must get married ASAP or their dick will fall off
2) don't

We both know which is the correct one ;)
>>
>>31125144
Non-Christians opinions not wanted unless they agree fornication is wrong.
>>
>>31124810
I'm trans btw., dunno if that matters.
>>
>>31124810
By showing the way and doing it yourself (without being obnoxious about it).
>>
>>31124810
remind them about death a lot
>>
>>31125087
Mary Magdalene wasn't a whore what heresy are you spewing?
>>31125133
You've never met thieves. People do this with all sins. If you hang around the wrong boards too wrong here you'll see literal pedos arguing that someone is moralizing if they tell them to go see a shrink.
>>31124810
Are they Christian? If not you'll need to start there. The root of the problem is they haven't accepted salvation and prayed to the Lord for guidance on how to live their lives. If they are Christian's then the Apostle Paul discusses this sort of thing directly (can't remember the book sorry, and it's late, but I'll try to remember to pull it up if the thread survives the night). Go to them directly, discuss how this violates the will of God. If that doesn't work set up a discussion between them and a church elder (like a priest or pastor depending on denomination), and then if you don't have church authority it's taken out of your hands after that.

One more thing you can always do is pray for them of course, but if they won't listen then it's best to let them go rather than throw pearls before swine (not to call your friends swine, it's just an expression for how pigs don't appreciate pearls and so casting pearls is a serious waste). Will pray for you and your friends goodnight God bless.
>>
>>31124810
Talk to your representative about changing the divorce laws.
>>
I think you need to ask yourself what do you want to gain out of this. Sin is wrong, but at the same time, it requires conviction to understand. I'm pretty sure your friends already know fornication is wrong, that is, if Christianity used to be the dominant culture there (i.e. the US). However they lack conviction, and that's because they're blocking off God from their life. If they're also christian, you need to call them out on it, because they should no longer serve themselves, but God. If they aren't, you can speak to them about it, however you also need to realize one thing. Not everyone wants to be saved or follow God. God stands at the door and knocks, it's their choice if they want to let him in. You can't make that decision for them, and God won't. It's pointless to try to convince them to stop sinning, if they still reject God himself. For the time being, just be a good witness, an opportunity to speak about God will present itself, especially if your life reflects Christ.
>>
>>31124810
What's the point of forsaking the thrills of genealogical diversity and abundance?
>>
>>31124810
You probably cant, just pray for them, make some Christian friends
>>
>>31125133
Im sure OP has already made his disapproval clear, and they havent stopped. He can choose to keep being friends with them, or to not be.
>>
>>31125159
Mentally ill retard. You believe in Santa Claus too? Imagine being so dumb in the year 2024, to still create opinions like these. Thought humans was supposed to move forward not backwards.
>>
>>31125133
Trying to convince a thief to stop stealing would be stupid too
>>
>>31125675
>"Apostle Paul discusses this"
Misremembered it was Christ Himself actually. Mathew 18 Also I forgot to mention the part of taking one or two witnesses (although I suppose since you seem to know both members of the couple that part isn't as relevant). Anyway take the words of Christ is what I'd suggest and try to advise them on what the Word says on their behavior (if they're a Christian).
>>31125681
Very reasonable argument against marriage unfortunately. I definitely believe the laws need to change especially around no fault divorce and alimony.
>>31126074
This.
>>
>>31124810
marriage is just a raw deal for men these days.
>>
>>31127523
Look at this modernist normie unironically using "current year" as basis of morality
>>
>>31124810
Why would you want to go from sexless to sexless + moneyless?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.