[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2947.png (290 KB, 600x400)
290 KB
290 KB PNG
On Saturday, a 7 year old boy in my area drowned in a swimming pool at a birthday party and even though I have no real connection with his family, except for his dad working with my dad before, this has really affected me.
It just seems so fucked up that those parents who seem like really good people are burying their 7 year old child.
It's tragic that this can actually happen. How are those parents even supposed to cope? This horrible tragedy will affect them for the rest of their lives and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Just imagine sending your 7 year old son to a birthday party and then finding out you'll never see him alive again. This is their reality. How can I or anyone else be okay with this? Like I said, I don't know them so obviously i'm only feeling a teeny tiny fraction of what they're feeling and that breaks my heart.

One thing this has done is teach me to appreciate what I have since there's someone else out there who truly has it a lot worse than you.
>>
>>31124906
Repost because thread got deleted due to unrelated reason
>>
>>31124906
This is why I would never leave my kid unattended in a pool. Pools are deadly to children. No one will be as responsible as me, the parent.

Hell I dont even let my kid out of my sight for longer than 1 second before I run or yell so I am close again.

I am super safety dad. Many people would say too safe and too overprotective. Some of those people's kids die. It is horrible but the very real threat of death is something I take super seriously.

I know many people whose baby died of "sids". Sids caused by them rolling over them bc they coslept. I cosleep a few times before 1 yr but jfc at least wait until after 6 months when they're so much stronger. But many parents wont. It is too hard or they just dont believe in statistics.
>>
he was trans btw, idk if this is relevant or not
>>
>>31124932
Then why is your IP address different from OP’s?
>>
>>31125568
Only Jan Jans can see IP, nice try hackerman
>>
>>31126092
your first day here, newfren?
>>
>>31126179
They got rid of poster count, (you) can’t differentiate between posters
Cope moar
>>
>>31126179
Im triangulating your ip
Your finished
>>
>>31126666
yea you can lmao, there’s been ID plugins for ages.
>>
File: IMG_0235.jpg (6 KB, 191x264)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>31124906
I feel you OP. I was going in for radiation in my thirties. Everyone else was old as dirt and obviously going to die and those who weren’t were elementary school age. Toys and puzzles at the radiation shop. Kids with tubes up their noses or coming out of spines and stomachs. My friends telling me that if I believe in god hard enough, everything would be okay. They didn’t see what I saw. If there’s a god, he doesn’t have nearly the power that people give him credit for or, he’s busy or moved on to something more interesting than us.
>>
>>31124906
what sort of fuck up lets a kid drown at a birthday party
world is fucked, that's why it's sage advice to not associate with idiots
>>
>>31127146
Idk, there aren’t much details about it. It was at a hotel swimming pool.

https://www.irishtimes.com/ireland/2024/04/21/death-of-shay-lynch-7-after-swimming-pool-incident-at-clare-hotel-heartbreaking-says-taoiseach/
>>
>How are those parents even supposed to cope?
They're not. It will stay with them forever. It's awful, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Is there a point or higher purpose to something like that happens? I don't know the answer to that.

Sorry to hear though OP. That would fuck me up as well.
>>
>>31124906
Bump
>>
>>31124906
RIP
>>
>>31127193
>irish
Kek. You fuckers were weaponised and used to depopulate and then commit many atrocities against my people.
Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>31131494
native larper
>>
>>31124906
I think if they had lke 12 kids it would hurt less but yeah a child is a permanent state of relationship. That stays with you forever unless you believe in an afterlife than it's no big deal.
>>
then*
>>
>>31131494
wtf are “your people”?
>>
You will notice eventually that people cope however they can. Religion is popular, so are drugs. I mean the list goes on. Life is hard, and the fact that we dont even know WHY we are here, or whether there's a higher purpose... all of this just makes it even harder.
>>
>>31124906
Imagine being a parent and letting your children fuck around instead of constantly watching them.

That's life anon. I lost my dad from sleeping in one day. During the pandemic, My family did all I told them, took extreme measures to not get infected. Told my dad to quit his job, told my mom to do the same. My mom didn't, so I drove her to her work knowing she could get infected there. I used to stay up until 2 am, and woke up at 6am to drive my mom to work. One day I got a headache from hell, literally debilitating, and my dad decided I should sleep in instead to get the necessary hours of rest. My mom went to work by bus, i thought it was fine since she was vaccinated anyway. I can't remember if she did this for 2 or 5 days and got sick with covid. My dad got sick from her a couple of days later, and the shit progressed quickly for him and died in 5 days.

If I had been steadfast and drove her to her workplace my dad would be with me now, he would give me advice and emotional support. I would experience things with him, he may even have seen me get him grandchildren, but none of that happened, all because of some retarded disease and because all the stars aligned for the worst to take place.

If anything can be rescued from that situation, is that you should never fucking give in if you think life is at stake. Never, not because you think you suffer, not because you think others suffer, not because others did the same, not because others tell you its fine. NEVER give fucking in because what lies at the other side of that night is a future of misery without the people you love.
>>
>>31124906
It was probably karma. The little shit was more of an asshole than he cares to admit and that's why Vishnu killed him to balance out the universe.
>>
Parent who were supposed to be watching them was probably busy scrolling tiktok
>>
>>31124920
>I am super safety dad.
And you're gonna raise a dysfunctional incel kid. Congrats I guess?
>>
>>31131570
Vaxx status?
>>
>>31131607
idk
>>
>>31124920
I feel you man. We see the potentials that most either don't or don't take seriously. The human race overall is quite oafish. I had to stop thinking about what was going on with my kids when I wasn't around. We've already had some close calls and probably stuff nobody ever told me. Nobody thinks about the possible fall and head trauma, gouged eye, random choking hazard, running and falling with a toothbrush, and it seems like the retards that ignore the danger are rarely the ones that pay for it. Oh well.
>>
Two words

Shit happens
>>
>>31131570
I hope you've forgiven yourself. We all get tired and the trials of life are relentless. In a way, blaming yourself is a form of coping. But I know from how you write you did everything you could.
>>
File: 1709696486371804.jpg (176 KB, 1024x1024)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>31124906
>How can I or anyone else be okay with this?
deny that shit ever happened.
there's literally nothing else to do.
why worry? you can't bring him back to life.

we move
>>
>>31124906
Yeah sometimes things kinda hit ya that way.
Was there advice you wanted?
>>
>>31134580
How to cope. I don't really understand why this death in particular has affected me so much. Think his dad has been in my house once and I heard him speak, but that's about it. I don't have any real connection to them personally, but i'm mourning this little boy's death like he's family. I watched the entire funeral livestream and go back to it many times a day. I can't stop thinking about it.
It's weird.
>>
>>31124920
The actual odds of anything like this happening to your kid: Near 0.
The actual odds of your child being developmentally negatively affected by overprotectiveness: near 100%

Also a parent, I understand the fear thing, but like if you were going to protect your child from dangers by ranking them in order from most likely to kill them, you'd start with cutting off your wife and keeping other adults like teachers and family away at all times (child abuse violence is #1), you'd be blending your child's food into a congealed liquid (choking well above drowning) you'd be keeping them away from cars and traffic and driving them nowhere...

It's silly. You're hurting yourself and your child worrying too much about this shit that much.
>>
>>31134590
>I dunno why I feel this way
You're faced with mortality. Its a huge blow in the default idea we have thwy there is some sense of fairness in the universe. Again it happens at times.

>how to cope
Feel it and move on. Its part of life. It's weird you think you're supposed to not feel this way about things like this. Like yeah we get caught up in ourselves and our lives and normally it's disconnected from us, but, it does hit sometimes. You're supposed to mourn and reflect. And part of that is the.shitty feeling it brings. Then you get back to your own life and move on wiser and more appreciative (hopefully)
>>
>>31134577
>deny that shit ever happened.

anything but that op. ignorance is keeping you perpetuated in making the same mistakes, doing the same steps. Some have this as a recipe like a lasagna, layers upon layers of ignorance and bed themselves on it.

stay raw and real to what moves you. Because that will make you receptive to not do the same mistakes and understand how quickly big mistakes can happen and that you need to appreciate both when things go well, but also be there for those people who are not doing so well.

>>31134590
its not weird. youve realized how close death and sickness is and that is usually something we push away to "function" but i believe we have to function particulary with the mindset, that every day is once in a lifetime and so are the people around us.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.