[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240421_200236.png (737 KB, 679x680)
737 KB
737 KB PNG
I think I have some form of OCD, I've been plagued by intrusive thoughts, I'm sort of an invert and I can't do things naturally. Lately these intrusive thoughts have become debilitating to the point of interfering with my ability to live freely and comfortably.
>>
same dude but its been going on for years and im still the same retard rotting and submitting to compulsions, tho mine are mostly archiving thoughts etc but its all too vapid and erratic and shit, last year it was p bad but it wasnt just as bad as now, maybe im also accrediting some of my other life problems to ocd but idk, ig the advice i hear is go to therapy, cbt or something, tho im not really planning to do that, just rot and let my iq deplete even more
>>
>>31126258
no, i don't think you understand, these intrusive thoughts have become sort of obsessive and degrading to me.
>>
>>31126263
yeah i do, i also have nagging voices in my head and its relating to events that happened years ago, its sort of just like the first part of like a narcissists ambition, they get the nagging voice maybe then the drive to do something about it, but i only get the nagging, i mean sorry i cant provide proper help, im just another victim, id be a hypocrite if i tried to give you advice then kept rotting here myself
>>
>>31126267
yeah i think the post-COVID world has been hard on everyone. ever since 2020 people have been driven into their homes and it seems like...i can't explain it but it seems like there was...there was something in the air in that time. Something dark. If you were in your early 20s during COVID, your life probably exploded. Like there was just some sort of dark force that pulled everyone's internal problems to a head to this one point in time...I can't explain it...
>>
>>31126294
i was early teens and my life is irreversibly fucked, i stopped going to school after and have been devoted to rotting, just i cant explain it but yeah even struggling teens in this time life mog me, my dad kept asking me was i laced or something lol, idk what to do, i cant be a normal dork in school and i cant be a menace, its like im something other than a normal man in society, just a husk, in my own league of thinking, but yea im fucked and im too dumb to do anything, no friends no gfs just indoors all day no studying either 3rd world shithole yea wraps, people here in better conditions killed themselves so i dont get whats taking me so long alr wasted so much
>>
bumps
>>
bumps again
>>
>>31126233
no, you're just weak
>>
>>31127019
>no, you're just weak
gay nigger
>>
>>31127019
i can't believe you would say something like this to me...
>>
>>31127026
yes, he is a gay nigger indeed
>>31127079
You needed to hear it
>>
>>31126339
ok can one of you mfs reply to this or are you just snickering to my oversharing
>>
>>31126233
If you’re not able to figure out OCD by yourself in a reasonable time I feel like you never truly will. I’m talking like a few years max. Then you gotta consider getting help because I really don’t believe that voice in your is just gonna magically disappear. And even when you get help it’s not like the thoughts necessarily stop. You just learn to stop paying attention to them. But I’m talking from my own experience and bubble where I never really got serious outside feedback to my condition so don’t take me seriously.
>>
>>31127181
just realize you don't need to comply to others, can you see good and joy in life? do you have a roof and food? then you're good, don't overthink and start doing little steps towards somewhere, doesn't matter where, just step by step
>>
>>31127019
>>31127112
lol you're a fucking edgelord loser
>>
>>31127300
ah in my eyes its a bit more complex but i might be going thru dementia or something atp, its over but uh my brain keeps throwing amber alarms whenever i do anything because of triggers so i just become a husk and rot and forfeit my life etc
>>
>>31127586
ok, gayling
>>31127592
frankly, I doubt it, you sound like the average self-loathing retard, honestly
>>
Write and witness your cognitions, even the subtlest ones. There are personal and supernatural underliers to thought experiences, causes can end up being surprising. Inquiry into first causes and careful observance of particulars in the thoughts may prove useful. And of course emotional catharsis to core problems bothering.
>>
>>31127645
doubt it then, doesnt sound like i should be wasting any more time talking to you anyways
>>
>>31127650
you don't have dementia
>>
>>31127763
yeah i mean im just feeling like it cus ocd is repetitive asf, feel 100x retarded than before, cognitive sharpness going down with age is a thing but with repetitive patterns it keeps getting worse, cant really think clear at all
>>
>>31127814
go out and talk to people, chances are you were a retard before and you are still one
>>
>>31127883
no incentive to talk to anyone, doesnt make much sense to do so now, especially with like oh where have you been for so long and idc to make up no bs etc and im not gonna be like rotting neet so its ez, the best life course is to let it pass by me and then lament as if i had a say in the matter
>>
>>31127974
then, please, remain silent, nobody wants to hear your shit and even you said you don't have incentive talking to anybody, abandon this and any other board you might be lurking or become a hipocrite
>>
OCD bros, we are not going to make it, trust me, it only gets worse unless you get help
It started with putting the glass on the table for me. My anxiety and panic would kick right back up if I didn't put it down "correctly"
Since then, 4 years ago, it's progressed to putting on my pants, putting on my shoes, locking my door, getting in my car, putting my bag down in my car
recently: getting out of my car, opening the door to my work's elevator, putting my laptop down
If I make a typo while typing on my laptop, I can sit and erase, redo, erase, redo until it "feels right" for 5-10 minutes

Only more and more things become difficult to do without them "feeling right". Some obesssions I've forgotten, but some have remained and new ones are added all the time, and I don't know what ot do
Leaving my house takes 15-20 minutes and recently it's becoming more and more in public, which I try to hide as much as I can
>>
>>31128003
>>31128003
i mean i can shitpost if i want to but i havent done so in a while, im just sharing what im feeling if you wanna be a nigger about it then be my guest, nigger.
>>
>>31128038
>points the evident flaws in your head canon
>you're being a nigger
I think we all know who's the nigger here
>>
>>31128048
uhh all sorts of people suffer from mental illness, if youre mentally fine in a thread for mentally ill people then sorry your life sucks so bad you need people like us to feel better about your shitty nigger life
>>
>>31128127
you're the one OPing, my nigga
>>
>>31128199
am i?
>>
bump
>>
>>31129129
buppppp
>>
>>31131642
bumpppppppp
>>
>>31132745
say something gquys
>>
OCD ruined my fucking life, I became an alcoholic and eventually homeless for years because the intrusive thoughts got so fucking bad. It's no joke

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.