[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ST_smile.jpg (258 KB, 2048x1549)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
If you want to be accepted you have to be accepting of others.

The cynical sour grapes shit gets really old really fast, and only hacks away at your chances of being happy. Everything is cringe, everyone takes boogers out, everyone shits, farts and sweats. Just like you, others have vulnerabilities and feelings, and traumas. You're not unique because uncle didled you, or because Stacey doesn't pay attention to you.
You rejecting others before they can hurt you will just leave you in your lone island, far away from everyone. If that's your objective, good. But don't complain then that others aren't patient with you, when you give nobody that benefit.

ib4 the "but I like being alone" anons start replying, this is not directed at anyone who is happy in their solitude.
>>
>>31127549
They rejected me first. They reject me every time i extend a branch. Eventually all of my branches will be cut off and I will die. So i must not trust those who wish to kill me. >>31127549
>>
>>31127549
Normie "advice" lol
>>
ok, how, it's easier to rot away than expose yourself and I don't even care that much trying to meet other people, wish I would be more sociable or like people more
>>
>>31127682
Wasn't the entire world who hurt you. The sooner you understand you have to judge everyone individually, the sooner you'll start having an easier time.
Obviously it's not everyone who is worth our kindness. But that's a judgement you have to make and not just reject "the world" just because you had school bullies.
>>
File: 1712793086710194.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>31127549
It's important you understand this board is largely runoff from /r9k/ and people who need psychiatric help. You are wasting time giving unsolicited advice. Most anons who lurk here do not want advice and will immediately start arguing in defense of the problems they are complaining about before never bothering to try.

That being said, yes, being a cynically pessimistic know-it-all fag is a social death sentence and you should eject it from yourself 100% if you want to be a better version of yourself.
>>
>>31127802
True. Ever since a year ago or a little longer this board has slowly been invaded by the robots.
I still hold out hope to reach anyone who could potentially be healthy enough mentally to be shaken out of that funk.
>>
>>31127549
fuck you nigger
>>
File: Tuvok.png (312 KB, 392x429)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>31127839
thanks for the bump brotha
>>
>>31127788
Wrong. Every time I extend grace to others, I'm met with scorn and betrayal. I have never met anyone who hasn't.
>>
>>31127549
>If you want to be accepted you have to be accepting of others.

I fail to see how one has anything to do with the other
>>
>>31127870
We unfortunately attract some bad people sometimes. Happened to me a lot as a teenager, was constantly getting into shitty situations because I was a pushover. Even into my 20s actually.
Our kindness is not a weakness, but rather lack of boundaries. I was fortunate enough to not fall into cynicism, and since I got more assertive, it's not like I have a lot of friends, but I have a pretty smooth social life at work, and at my hobbies.
When we lean into cynicism, we're just letting the pendulum dangle to exactly the other side. Happiness/bliss is not about extremes.
>>
>>31127870
Then you are problem.
Be better.
>>
why are we pretending loners even get spoken to, for starters? you're making up things that don't happen IRL?

"b-b-but everyone is traumatized"
ah why did I even bother responding to this bait lol

yes I'm sure the person who was severely neglected and abused is the same as the normie that was slapped on the wrist for reaching into a cookie jar or the other normie whose parents spent a little too long at work to provide for them.
>>
>>31127923
You'd be surprised at the amount of people who think are normies are actually pretty based. If you give anyone a chance without writing them off immediately as idiots that is.
Of course, you don't have to do anything, after all you seem to be pretty content in your corner.
>>
I am nice to others and treat them with respect. I am harsh to myself because I do not meet the standards of women. If I cannot be physically attractive I cannot achieve what I desire in life.
>>
>>31127894
>>31127910
It does not matter how many boundaries I set. It doesn't matter if I say no. I don't let people push me over, but it doesn't matter. They always find a way to fuck me over and insult me. They all ridicule me behind my back. Every single one. They are liars, without exception.
Every single person I have ever had relations with exhibits this behavior.
>>
>>31127549
youre right. edgy teen cynicism and "im not like the other boys/girls" mentality is immature
>>
>>31127946
>They all ridicule me behind my back. Every single one. They are liars, without exception.
You know that's not true, that is your traumas talking.
>>
>>31127818
Then give better advice, NPC
>>
>>31127937
you can tell who's a normie just from a glance honestly, but it's a spectrum.

when they run their mouths about soccer players for hours my suspicions are confirmed however.

>after all you seem to be pretty content in your corner.
you're right for the most part, though having little support has its drawbacks academically and economically.
>>
>>31127940
Shit is really hard for men nowadays, especially in the US.
Dating didn't use to be this hard. I was fortunate to have found someone 10 years ago in my time, and I'm not going to pretend it's as easy as it was back then.
The advice I can give you is to not look for typically normie women, and go more into the alternative/different cultures route. The common wavelength isn't a good one for the a average 20 to 30 year old guy.
>>
>>31127958
It really is true. I'm not exaggerating. Even my own family did this to me.
>>
>>31127871
You are accepted if you are acceptable. Being accepting doesn't really make you more acceptable. Sometimes it makes you less acceptable, as you accept things that shouldn't be accepted and make others dislike you for it.
>>
>>31127992
Part of being acceptable in the first place is to be accepting. Otherwise you're a turn off for everyone around you.
>>
>>31128040
Nonsense. To be friends means accepting the same things and nothing more.
>>
>>31128040
Gay reddit vagina-brain

>>31127992
Cold hard 4chan truth telling
>>
>>31128057
You have to be accepting of your friend, dum dum. Even with the tsundere act dudes have with each other, you see a basic level of "I accept this person and like to be around them".
Don't confuse inside jokes and ball breaking with lack of acceptance.
>>
Alternate advice for you all from an early 30s man, and you've likely heard it before:
Stop wanting to be accepted and ignore all these awful faggots. This isn't normal.
You don't have to worship trannies or make excuses for blacks murdering each other and other people.
You don't have to tone down the pedophile hate or pretend modern Jewish culture hasn't become a cancer.
You don't have to cotton to retards and accept their double standards while they treat you like shit.
Find a job you can bear, in person or online, doesn't have to be lucrative, just eat cheap food (a panini press is your best friend) and don't waste your money.
Get a little land, build your own little starter house or just get a trailer, pay attention to all the zoning and regulatory bullshit so no one can fuck with you
Ideally get a fully remote job that pays enough to cover basic expenses and bills, maybe freelance if it works well enough, ideally it should just be part-time
The land you buy should be inconvenient area and thus low value and away from the throng (NOT in a city), but near enough to supply lines or a decent sized city that you can get whatever you need shipped to you, or go get it at the population center.
Now use your extra time however you see fit, including socializing or trying to date or whatever.
But never put up with bullshit, never let evil take root.
It's not even about you or "getting hurt" it's about making a more bearable world for the next generation at this point. Just don't tolerate any more fucking bullshit.
>>
>>31127549
> If you want to be accepted you have to be accepting of others.
This is not true.
>>
>>31128159
That's alright advice, except I don't think there are enough jobs, in fact they seem to be dwindling to zero broski fambalamb
>>
>>31128159
are you ok, sir?
>>
>>31128181
Gr8 b8, fag
>>
>>31128189
hey, I did get my (You), and so did (You)
>>
>>31128159
I always think of you guys as having the tin foil strapped on too tight but I’m sure they thought that about all the great profits. There’s a finite amount of land and it is being gobbled up by corporations. It will be impossible to have in the future, if we continue on the same timeline.
>>31128178
Animals don’t have jobs.
>>
File: 010424meme50.jpg (577 KB, 1200x1200)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
>>31128239
Get back in the oven, kike
>>
>>31128178
It may be your perception based on interactions with faggot recruiters but it's largely not real, hiring itself is just fucked more than the actual job market. If you get an interview, call back two days after it to "confirm your interest in the position". You will likely get hired within a few first interviews. If you are having trouble getting calls for first interviews, unfortunately just lower your standards/widen your search/spam more applications.
>>31128181
Doing pretty good yeah, be better once I get land though.
>>31128239
I don't care about how you perceive me or about your doomspeak. Switching to nihilist copes like "we're all dead because of x meteorological event, global warming, heat death of the universe, muh late stage capitalism", etc as an excuse for why you act so shit straight off of "just be le nicer to us" is jarringly hypocritical.
If your only refuge is nihilism through existential browbeating when threatened with the idea of me - leaving you alone and wanting to be left alone, why are you acting like you're well-adjusted, secure, or positive?
>>
>>31128293
>a.k.a. the jobs ain't there, retard
>>
>>31128293
> doomspeak
It’s math nigga?! Unless you want to take and defend, you’re going to pay for your land with Jew dollars and someday, it will be taken back. There won’t be enough for everyone to buy. There’s plenty for everyone to live on.
>>
>>31128364
>>31128414
Your reading comprehension is fucking ghastly.
Keep seething about me not participating in your inner-city "culture" I guess, and know that whenever you try your communist revolution we will be waiting to kill you.
>>
>>31128441
I'm on the same team but I'm pointing out the remote jobs ain't there

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.