[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7479.jpg (45 KB, 749x591)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
Long story short have been experiencing waves of down mood, apathy, self hate, acute sadness to the point of physical pain since I was 13. I can't seek help due to my professional licensing (trust me on this).

I haven't been doing well in college, I failed out of a scholarship program my first year and am about to fail out of classes this semester because I didn't turn any homework in. I've been bothered because last semester a close friend/classmate killed himself then the very next day I witnessed a vehicle accident death (volunteer first responder). I can't describe how horrible I was feeling so I decided to try a last ditch effort. Over two months I did DSM diagnosis questionnaires weekly and the ones that consistently were positive regardless of current mood were moderate-severe Depression, PTSD and sometimes light anxiety. I then reviewed the literature and came to the conclusion that cognitive behavioural therapy and prozac/flouxetine had the best evidence as a treatment for anxiety and depression used currently. So I signed myself up for anonymous messaging/worksheet therapy online using a burner debit card. I then bought generic Prozac off of a market on the darkweb. The meds are real and came from the same manufacturer that operates in the US and the pills/pill contents visually match up with pictures online.

I took my first dose (20MG capsule) yesterday and got anxiety/energy/sweats/bowel issues and those feelings continued today. Should I continue or is this mania? I ruled out bipolar in the diagnostics so I don't think that's the case. Could be a negative placebo. Regardless I have three options. 1. Stop cold turkey and not redose 2. Taper off slowly by making a solution out of the capsule and dosing via a syringe. 3. Keep taking once a day.
I am open to other ideas and I can provide more info if you need it, this is all pretty summarized.
>>
Retard
>>
bump
>>
just go cold turkey
>>
We need a doctoranon for this one
>>
>>31128022
You should see an actual doctor or psychiatrist and get diagnosed and get put on the right meds. Antidepressants can cause mania in people with bipolar so you might be better off on a mood stabilizer or antipsychotic or any of those in conjunction with an antidepressant to prevent mania from happening.
>>
>>31128609
A. I can't see a psychiatrist because I don't have insurance and if I do I lose the ability to do what I love/ make money forever. I can't be placed on any meds officially, between the choice of continuing this or tapering or quitting cold turkey which is best?
>>
>>31128625
I’m not a doctor I’ve just learned over the years how these things work. You’ll get side effects for a couple weeks then you’ll start to feel the full effect usually about a month. If you want to quit taking them, you can go cold turkey since you only took one dose since it’s not enough to withdraw from. It’s your choice if you want to stick it out and keep taking it or just stop completely.
>>
>>31128663
ok, that makes sense, I mainly just wanted to make sure that I wouldnt need to taper off one dose, thanks anon.

I'll make the decision to take or not tonight before I go to bed
>>
Healthcare in US is really this bad??
>>
ryam godlink

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.