[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1704587298280805.jpg (23 KB, 399x400)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
As a pianist, how do I cope with having small hands? Would taking HGH at 19 even be worth the hassle of obtaining it? For context, it's 22cm from the tip of 1 to the tip of 5, with my left hand being ever so slightly bigger
>>
Never mind centimeters, what key do you reach
>>
>>31128335
c4 to e5 and just barely
>>
>>31128353
Isn't a 10th enough?
>>
>>31128322
Sure. Do hgh for three years, if that’s an option. You’ll get a wider reach but don’t take body building amounts. You’ll have slow fat fingers and carpal tunnel syndrome.
>>
>>31128361
Well yeah technically, but it's the difference of taking 6 months vs 2 years to fully polish a piece. I develop muscle memory insanely quickly, but my hand size makes everything feel less natural and frustrating. Yes I know this is a skill issue but my point stands
>>
>>31128369
I'm strongly considering it but my concern is whether I'm too old for it to have any significant effect or not
>>
>>31128386
It depends. Doctors can tell with an x-ray.
>>
>>31128322
do you like piano or like being a pianist? shouldn't matter if the former. if the latter that actually just kinda sucks but it impresses me you've made it this far.
>>
>>31128322
>how do I cope with having small hands?
Looking for excuses i see
>>
>>31128410
Woah cool :0 any keywords I should specify for my doctor (since I'm Canadian and all non-private doctors here are fucking clueless)?
>>
>>31128386
You’re not but will be soon,
>>31128410
Doctors don’t know shit but if they can sell some drugs out of it.
>>
>>31128444
What about TRT? Am I still young enough for it to make my pp permanently larger or has that ship pretty much sailed? Its the same deal with my hands, def not SMALL small, but not big so it counts as small yk. Like what metric are you referencing when you say I'm not too old for the HGH to have any significant effect? I don't mean to pester lel I'm just very curious about this topic
>>
>>31128353
Low effort troll. That is more than enough.
t. actual pianist
>>
>>31128478
Who do you play/prefer playing the most?
>>
>>31128322
I have smaller hands and play Chopins revolutionary etude just fine, you're just making excuses. Unless you play Rachmaninoff you're cleared to play like 98% of anything from the classical repertoire as long as you can cover a whole octave (which you most certainly can).

I mean just look at those asian female pianists who regularly participate in all the big piano competitions, they're 100lbs 4ft11 and have hands like toddlers, yet they do just fine.
>>
>>31128470
Your dick will vary with the amount of hormones in your system. Growth hormone more than testosterone. Taking testosterone will fuck up the feedback loop in your brain and cause you to produce less or even none for yourself. Hgh is fine. Maybe the mix a little T with it. Idk all the drugs. You’re still in the final stretch of growth. Rumours say 18 years old but lost of people find that they’re taller than they thought. That’s why I say three years or so. There will be more lateral growth. Gravity helps to fuse vertical bone. You never really stop growing sideways. You see old actresses who used to be knockouts, now they have wide chins and develop brow ridges. Hgh will increase the distance that you can reach on a keyboard and a moderate use of it will have no lasting harmful effects at your age. If you can get it.that’s my answer to your question. I’m just a mechanic. You ain’t gotta believe me but I wouldn’t listen to any doctor unless you can afford one of those guys who has his own facility and takes your money to do what you ask. Canadian. Maybe you can tell them about your feelings and get steroids, maybe dissatisfaction with your workout is giving you thoughts of suicide. Maybe they’ll assist.
>>
>>31128569
revolutionary etude doesn't contain a single interval larger than an octave. Can you play op 10 no 9 at 90bpm without any mistakes?
>>
>>31128597
>op 10 no 9
I can certainly learn it, it doesn't seem to have anything big either, it's all left hand jumps not actual octaves... the song is like five times easier than revolutionary lol.
>>
>>31128597
in fact I'd say the first chord of revolutionary has more difficulty than anything in this piece, just look at the left hand, it looks like op 27 No 1, just slightly faster.
>>
>>31128633
Dude what. I can play the first chord effortlessly, and the jumps in op 10 no 9 are next to impossible for me. I know that it's one of his easiest etudes but I can't see how anyone without larger hands could play it without unnaturally stretching their hand
>>
File: jump.png (669 KB, 1484x624)
669 KB
669 KB PNG
>>31128682
they're called jumps because you're supposed to release the key, yo know? pic related is the biggest jump in the piece, that's roughly an octave, that's nothing when it comes to jumps. Like I said, OP 27 no 1 has even bigger jumps than that, albeit at a slower pace.
>>
File: revolut.png (606 KB, 1451x699)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
>>31128765
>>31128682
hell, even revolutionary etude has double octave jumps on the left hand at like 3 times the speed. it's not about hand size at all, you can cover 4 octaves and higher with jumps if you're quick enough, a single or even two is a joke unless it's at an incredibly quick tempo.
>>
File: 1634834331691.jpg (46 KB, 720x480)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>31128372
can't you use like extenders? I'm a complete retard chiming I here but there have to be rings or gloves or something that extend your reach a bit. imnsure there have been many other pianists with a similar issue right? I mean a better version of wearing bugle chips on your fingers or those emo finger rings. feel free to tell me to shut up if im wrong or retarded
>>
>>31128322
kek
handlets will never learn
>>
>>31128774
>imnsure there have been many other pianists with a similar issue right?
no, there are 4 year old chinese girls with like four inches of finger span playing the most advanced pieces in existence. Hand size is a cope unless you play specific pieces like some of Rachmaninov where you have to hit shit like 12ths and higher which requires incredibly big hands, but even there you just jump quickly between the keys with your smaller hand instead of pressing the keys at once, if your technique is clean and quick enough the sound will be almost similar.
>>
>>31128322
>>31128774
>>31128779
Reminds me of this gem
youtu.be/ifKKlhYF53w?t=12
>>
File: IMG_0182.jpg (748 KB, 2052x1532)
748 KB
748 KB JPG
>>31128778
Brother! Have a beer!
>>
>>31128322
is there no such thing as a good female pianist? I mean, girls always have smaller hands. How big are Diane Krall's hands?
>>
>>31128322
Why couldnt you just use a piano with smaller keys?
>>
>>31128353
I have massively long hands and can only do one more note than that. You are fine.
>>
>>31128322
Why would you need big hands to play the piano well? Just learn to move your hands quickly back and forth across the keyboard. Unless you have actual giantism you'd have to regardless of your hand size.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.