[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1kyd3bagz8881.png (391 KB, 855x559)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
I'm a 19 year old female student pilot. Prior to this, I was a loser who spent all day indoors and never talked to anybody, never dated, or made lasting friends outside of 3 people I talk to on Discord because I've always been a "weird kid" and have always been bullied, leading to me becoming very introverted. The one guy I did ask out in middle school laughed in my face and he told his friends, which led to more bullying.

I recently went to pilot school because I decided to bite the bullet and pursue my interest in becoming a commercial pilot, I was assigned this CFI (flight instructor) who's obviously older than me, I don't know how old specifically, but he did recently complete college and that's all I know.

Of course, since I'm new, I get motion sick sometimes, on my first flight, the motion sickness was really terrible to the point where my CFI had to fly us both back to the airport while I tried to rest. Anyway, a little while later, when I left to go home, he texted me asking if I felt better. As loser as it sounds, that was the nicest thing anybody aside from my father has ever done for me in a very long time.

My CFI is nice towards me, he's professional obviously, and I feel so stupid for developing a crush on him. I obviously don't let these feelings get in the way of my school and I focus on what needs to be done. I wish I could get to know him on a more personal level sometimes. He has a nice voice and looks attractive, meanwhile, I'm a short, somewhat stupid, overweight, ugly mf with an awful voice that makes me sound like a 15 year old boy.

I know I have no chance with him, he's way out of my league and probably too old for me. Besides, I've already embarrassed myself in front of him. The one guy that's nice to me, and it's because he's paid to be nice, I wish I wasn't this way and I wish I could get rid of these feelings. If by chance he sees this and brings it up to me, I'm probably gonna drop out or switch instructors.

Is it over for me?
>>
Wow do you have a discord? I would like to be a pilot one day
>>
>>31129174
yeah I have Discord, my username is spiriytus
>>
>>31129145
Just ask him out, never heard of a boy rejecting a girl that asked him out...
>>31129201
>Shamelessly makes Discord tag public
Nevermind, you're retarded, or a tranny larper
>>
>>31129214
>Just ask him out, never heard of a boy rejecting a girl that asked him out...

I've only known him for about a week, plus it would be very awkward if he said no. That's the two things stopping me, but they're huge things

>Nevermind, you're retarded, or a tranny larper

Idgaf.
>>
>>31129266
>I've only known him for about a week, plus it would be very awkward if he said no. That's the two things stopping me, but they're huge things
No they're not
>>
>>31129273
How would I go about asking him out?
>>
File: 1698119986986208.jpg (140 KB, 1280x1023)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>31129145
>Is it over for me?
Nope
Gratz on improving yourself. I hope you have a wonderful future in aviation.
It's quite easy to start to fall for an instructor. You're essentially forced to spend time together and your lives literally depend on each other. That creates a bond.
I also fell for my CFI, but in my case I'm an older guy and she's a young 20's woman. She made it clear she liked me also, but I'm married so we just kept it professional.
>>
>>31129298
https://www.wikihow.com/Show-Interest-in-Your-Crush-Without-Overdoing-It
https://www.wikihow.com/Let-a-Guy-Know-You're-Interested
>>
>>31129145
Grab his control stick.
>>
>>31129314
Method 1 in the second link is shit. The rest is fine.
>>
>>31129655
this is insane advice im ngl
>>
>>31129314
Gonna try some of these tactics and see how it goes... I don't have much hope but hey, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take or whatever
>>
File: jesusairplane.jpg (511 KB, 4198x2708)
511 KB
511 KB JPG
>>31129174
im studying to be a CFI right now, i can let you know a few things. before you start though you should make sure youre medically able to fly, the FAA is really strict about medical stuff. Then go on a discovery flight to get a fell for it, a lot of places do discovery flights for cheap. Discovery flights are just one hour flights to show you what its like and thats where they get you hooked. The FAA also has free books and resources on their website that are really helpful and you should read them to make sure you knwo what youre getting into. I have seen three of my closest friends drop out of training mostly because they didnt know what they were really getting into. flight traning is hard and everyone has thought about quitting at least once, you just need to know what youre getting into and having the desire to do it. (also first time posting hi, i usually just lurk but i like pilot stuff.)
>>
>>31129145
Seems normal, no problem here.
Try being attracted to other people instead of your crush. You play any games or watch any anime? Might be some decent fictional characters to crush on instead.
>>
>>31130738
Oh yeah she just needs to be more mentally ill to fix that, good advice
>>
>>31129145
Try crushing on people in your status instead, like other flight students. It's easy to fall for your instructor but you have to remember who they are; professionals getting paid to be nice to you. He isn't teaching you because he loves you. He isn't being nice to you because he likes you romantically. He's a professional practicing basic decent humanity. It may be fun to crush on him, but remember that.
>>
>>31129145
>I'm a 19 year old female student pilot
I'm (F) turning 20 next month and I want to become a commercial pilot. How tall are you? Does your family have a history of pilots? Is flight school expensive?
>Is it over for me?
Far from it. Even if you can't bag him, there's more (probably better) fish in the sea.
>>
>>31130733
> FAA is really strict about medical stuff
Lol. They’re strict about what the papers indicate.
>>
>>31129266
First, you find out if he's already got a girlfriend. He's a pilot, and good looking. Probably he has.
>>31129298
Just chat first and see how that goes.
If that goes well, then flirt a bit.
Take it from a guy who has asked out dozens of woman with a 99% failure rate, it's best to get to know someone first and see if there's chemistry. If there's no sexual tension, you're wasting your time.
>>
>>31130738
I've pretty much grown out of the "crushing on fictional characters" stage on my life and I want to date somebody real for once
>>
>>31130813
I know... I realize that part and to me, it's a harsh realization, but I can live with the truth...
>>
>>31131441
>How tall are you?

5'3

>Does your family have a history of pilots?

my dad is the closest thing I have to a pilot in the family, he was an Aerospace engineer that worked with airplanes early in his career.

>Is flight school expensive?

Flight school for me, by the time it's all said and done is gonna run me about 100k USD

If you choose to pursue the dream of becoming a pilot, I suggest you take a discovery flight first, you'll go up with an instructor and they'll demonstrate turns and other basic maneuvers to you for about an hour, if you enjoyed the flight and want to learn more, watch youtube videos that go deeper into being a student pilot and the training they receive. It isn't all flying all the time and before you spend any money, you have to be 100% sure that you'd be willing to put up with the other nuances of flight school and becoming a pilot.

If you do decide to go to flight school, I wish you the best of luck!!! It's the most rewarding experience I know!
>>
>>31131984
Honestly, since I've only met him four times over the span of the week, I'm going to wait a bit longer and see if he opens up to me a bit more. My end goal before I make any moves is to take your advice and hopefully end up dating him.
>>
>>31132558
I'm 5'0. Do you think I have a chance?
>If you do decide to go to flight school
I was thinking of becoming a pilot through the military, but I'm still debating on that. The best FAA certified flight school in my region is a state away from me. Anything else you'd like to share? Thank you for your insight and I wish you the best with your endeavors.
>>
>>31132584
>I'm 5'0. Do you think I have a chance?
As long as you're able to reach the rudder pedals and press them fully, all should be fine! At worst, you may need to get one of those cushions to elevate yourself a little bit if you can't see past the control panel, but I don't think that'll be an issue

>I was thinking of becoming a pilot through the military, but I'm still debating on that. The best FAA certified flight school in my region is a state away from me. Anything else you'd like to share?

As for the becoming a pilot thru the military, while that is a valid route, from what I've heard, being a military pilot is hard because everybody wants to be a pilot and there's only a limited amount of planes.

As for other things I have to share... There's obviously going to be stuff that'll suck, don't be afraid to ask questions, it's better to ask them while flying with an instructor than when you're doing solo.

flight can be a scary thing, there's beautiful aspects, but there's some scary aspects, the wind will knock you around pretty awfully sometimes, trust in your CFI and take it easy, try to remain calm and be open w/ your instructor about how you feel about certain flight aspects, they're there to help!

In terms of school, I've heard ATP flight school sucks, they are really intense move very fast. Plus, they're very expensive

That's all I have for now, hope this info helps!
>>
>>31132848
Thank you! You've been a real help.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.