[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I spent a lot of time with my oneitis and eventually chose to confess. I was completely preparing myself for a full on "no" and to get made fun of but then she told me a "maybe" She pretty much said that she doesn't want to think about relationships right now since it gave her lots of anxiety in the last one she was in, but I want to know is what does "maybe" mean. Did she just reject me nicely or is there a potential future.
>>
>>31129198
Maybe means no. Never ever wait for a woman to change her mind because she never will.
>>
>>31129216
Woman alert
>>31129198
Remember Voltaire's quote
When a woman says no, she really means maybe, and when she says maybe, she really means yes
>>
>>31129198
Read as: "I'm looking for someone better at the moment, but if I can't find one, and I get lonely enough, I'll consider you"
>>
>>31129198
Almost guaranteed brush off. We say maybe when you've put us on the spot so we're not ready to be the bad guy and be stern.
>>
>>31129198
Welcome to limbo. You should get out you're here for as long as you choose to stay here.

Turns out there is worse that girls can say than "no" and that's "maybe"
>>
>>31129472
Well more like that's not happened, she first told me "maybe", and then I laughed since I didn't know what that meant but then she said "I think it will be best for me to tell you no so I don't lead you on since I'm not ready for a relationship" Here she specifically chose not to say no because from what it seems she would date me just not right now, she was feeling like telling me no just for the sake of not leading me in limbo. is it still lost or do I wait? I'll leap at any other female opportunity it's just that I want to know if there's an option with her.
>>
>>31130083
It's still a brush off regardless of her reason why. It's not a good use of your time to wait around for her to maybe change her mind to yes.
>>
File: Makoto and Sayaka.jpg (195 KB, 2048x1534)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Does she usually clearly say no to people who confess to her? With me, when I say maybe it means "I don't have feelings for you right now, but you objectively seem like you would be a good partner so it's not impossible that I'll develop feelings for you in the future." If there's no potential I'll just say no.
>>
>>31130092
I suppose, I was more asking why shouldn't I wait? I don't have women lining up to date me, there just so happens to be a "potential" future with one in my vicinity. I'm more asking shuld I completely cut her off since a relationship isn't happening or still keep in contact. I won't reject opportunities for other relationships if she's in the picture. i still really enjoy talking to her as much as I sound like a cuck for it.
>>
>>31130096
Her last boyfriend she rejected and he kept on trying for 8 months and they dated for 3 years. She broke up with him in the end and I don't want to make her feel uncomfrotable.
>>
>>31130114
Why did she break up with him?
>>
>>31130124
She liked him, it wasn't like a forced thing, it was the beginning started out like that with him being pushy, then he reformed himself which she liked however she felt long term they couldn't be together and chose to break things off. She would try multiple times but got deflected until one day she put her foot down and did it.
>>
>>31129448
Yea this why the hell would you want her if she doesn't even like you?
>>
>>31129198
First off, gratz on the courage to say something. I wouldn’t count on this, best to move on and look elsewhere. Limbo sounds like another way of saying waste of time and energy.
Keep being a go-getter and good things will come
(I just experienced the same situation, so this could be a massive cope but isn’t it all about the perspective we take?)
>>
maybe

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.