[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I don’t see it anymore. It seems like another chore of something to take care of like a pet dog that needs constant attention daily except not loyal like a dog.

Can someone explain what the appeal is? Maybe I’ve just been away from people too long but I’m watching this movie “first man” about neil armstrong and his wife is like this annoying thing that just wants attention all the time and I don’t get why want that
>>
>>31129475
Having children. It's literally not worth it otherwise. But let me be clear, creating your own family and raising your own is the most fulfilling thing you can possibly do in life. You have been psyopped 24/7 by propaganda to convince you otherwise but when/if it happens, it will change everything about how you see the world.

Sex with someone you love can be amazing but jacking off is easy and you don't have to make it your entire life.
>>
>>31129475
I felt the same way about a month ago but I found someone I genuinely like and want to be around. When she dumps me ill feel like shit again. I'll never be happy but I can try
>>
>>31129475
You sound like a homosexual. You'd probably prefer a husband kek.
>>
>>31129475
Kids
>>
>>31129509
I figured I’d have the surrogacy route if I ever made enough to even afford kids, kids can be trained and from what I see are generally loyal so there’s real love there.
>>
>>31129553
Faggotry runs in your mind about any situation
>>
>>31129564
Both parents and a decent mother are important if you want non-fucked up kids. Also if you don't have a mom to homeschool them, you're sending them off to be brainwashed by the "education" system and you may as well not even bother because they will unlearn any of the good values you teach them and rebel against you.
>>
>>31129569
Idk man why tf is OP bringing surrogacy, only fags do that
>>
>>31129569
You don't enjoy the company of women. You prefer the company of men.

You know the scientific term for this? Homosexuality. Come out of the closet, sweety! Everybody will support you xx
>>
>>31129583
The obstacles seem better than the risk of them being taken away over the wife breaking up for whatever reason. I could figure out those obstacles if my plan on money and career work out
>>
>>31129593
>my world view is based off twitter posts and news headlines

anon I believe you’re an NPC without a soul so this is the end of our talks
>>
>>31129603
faggots got pushed into society to ruin the camaraderie amongst men. When I hang out with men I can talk freely and it’s fun and funny. When I hangout with women it’s like talking to a child that forces me to filter heavily anything I say and is generally unfun to be around. At no point do I get sexual urges toward men. This is a rare opportunity for you to realize how stupid you are and potentially can change it. Good luck anon
>>
>>31129603
I watched that A&P episode
>>
>>31129604
>breaking up for whatever reason
This only happens on social media though
>>31129606
>my world view is based off twitter posts and news headlines
If you're the same anon you're not any better
>>
>>31129669
Go make friends you hear the same story of divorce and the women being retards in the situation

Bad attempt tho I give you a 3/10
>>
>>31129475
Would you be a chore for them? Would they have to take care of you? Give you constant attention? And you still wouldn't be loyal? I dunno about you, but I'm not like that, and that means there must be girls out there who aren't like that, sooo..

>>31129669
>This only happens on social media though
lol what?
>>
>>31129475
Why do I lack the drive to meet somebody and have a family?
>>
>>31129695
>>31129747
Breaking up is still taboo
Surrogacy is still frowned upon and associated to gays
>But everybody breaks up
So what, you should get a baby in some global south whore?
Only the incel pussies from here are scared by high divorce rates
>>
>>31129636
>When I hang out with men I can talk freely and it’s fun and funny.
Yeah cause you're gay and you're getting excited imagining their cocks rammed inside your ass.

>When I hangout with women it’s like talking to a child that forces me to filter heavily anything I say and is generally unfun to be around.
Yup definitely homo lmao. Gay men always have this attitude like they're "superior" to women.
>>
>>31129475
Any worthwhile relationship partner should be adding to your life, just like you add to theirs. My GF cooks, cleans, and decorates our home, and provides me with affection, support, and comfort. No matter how stressed I am about work or anything else, I can just rest my head in her lap and take a nap as she gently pets my head. Do you know how fucking invincible that makes me feel? Nothing in the world could ever possibly take me down when I have that kind of sanctuary.

Meanwhile, I pay the overwhelming majority of the bills, but since I'd be paying the same amount of money to live here regardless of whether or not she's here, the only "cost" she has is that I have to buy more food. Since she cooks amazing meals, though, I directly benefit from that, and so I happily buy her all the ingredients she could ever want. I also do all the driving, take care of some minor chores, and shower her in love, gratitude, and encouragement.

It's a mutually beneficial relationship. Both of us would be worse off without the other.
>>
>>31129819
Ah, not op but I guess that is beyond my capabilities
>>
>>31129509
kids ruin everything, you're the fucking psyop
>>
>>31129475
In the modern era, It's too dangerous, and education/morals are only sinking more and more. While this makes some people resist and seek to be better, the vast majority will give in to mindless self indulgence and thus It has become dangerous to meet people randomly. Best bet is to date someone at work or someone you know or have known through a hobby.
>>
ryan reynodls
>>
>>31130053
>mindless self indulgence
Nice
>>
>>31129475
Pussy. Which is a commodity.
Or children. Which is not.
>>
File: 1000114526.jpg (54 KB, 600x600)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>31129819
(Not op)
This sounds totally ideal, but not within my reach. I'm happy for you two.
>>
>>31129475

If you need it explained, you do not need a girlfriend or wife. Be happy as you are.
>>
>>31129509
There's too many people already. Why would you introduce kids into this nightmare world we're living in?
>>
>>31129509
I can see why some might not agree but to be honest I felt like I had fulfilled my life's purpose when I finally had kids, then my ex ruined everyone's lives simultaneously. Now I feel bad for my kids. But I agree with you.

>>31129819
I can't do this, maybe I've been burned too much but I really didn't feel like my exes pulled their weight relative to the demands they made on me. If it's really all balancing out for you then I'm happy for you. The jealous side of me hates what you wrote but the rational side of me is happy for you. Keep living the dream.

>>31129475
OP, I'm somewhat with you. I think I'm just burnt out on it all. I found someone that seemed really on my level but it wasn't meant to be, but who knows what that would've turned into in 2 years. Relationships will always take work but I'm in the limbo of wanting what idealize in a relationship, while reconciling the reality that it's never truly been that way except for maybe in the beginning. No person would frontload as much risk and investment in any other venture as they do with the modern dating sphere. It's not worth it for most. Experience it once if you can though.
>>
File: mansa musa.png (73 KB, 166x173)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>31129475
op wants to fuck his dog
'nuff said
excelsior
>>
>>31129509
There's a difference between wanting children and being forced to want children.
The past generations have been pressured a lot to establish spoonfeeding foundations then spawn as much babies as possible in those foundations.
It destroys a lot of fun from it.
>>
>>31129509
biological impulses are the real psyop, cope
>>
>>31129475
When you actually logically look at what women are and what relationships are they are things you want to stay far away from. When your brain is flooded with hormones on the other hand...
>>
>>31129475
to have some body to love and hold
>>
File: 1650142383908.jpg (360 KB, 1024x1021)
360 KB
360 KB JPG
>>31129509
You may be correct, but I find that the pain of letting go, having to look into their eyes as my life fades away, knowing I'll never see them again, greatly outweighs any benefits, not only that, reflecting on my life and the lives of many others, I also find that the amount of pain one can experience is not worth living, especially seeing what this world is devolving into, it's only going to get worse and I do not wish such torment on any of my offspring, they'll be conscious eventually anyway, as something/someone else at some other time, since all matter/life/consciousness is the same thing, but as long as its possible let them enjoy the peace of nonexistence.
>>
>>31129475
Imagine someone that has similar interests and depth of personality as one of your guy friends, but you get to fuck them.
Not all women are the same. They're not all like neil's wife in that movie, it totally depends on the sort of person you want to go for.
>>
>>31129636
As a man, I can't even talk freely around men anymore. I was having a men's conversation with male co-workers once and one of them tattled to my boss.
>>
>>31129564
You want a dog
>>
>>31129819
Beautiful. Not this anon, but to add to this since I'm also in a wonderful relationship, as time goes on, you just find more ways to be closer and help each other. It's amazing to look back and see how much you've both grown together and become stronger as a couple, and the "stuff" you brought to the table in the first phase just intensify and spawn other little things that make all the difference in the world
>>
>>31129475
Kids, friendship, companionship, sex and being together makes life easier in general.
I work less hours than my husband, but took over all the domestic duties. He can just focus on our family, his career and his hobbies.
>>
>>31129475
It is SELF-interest.
We don't live in a world of common interest or common values anymore, because what make such pursuit possible - the concept of trust - no longer exists.
If having children is indeed the interest in having a wife, it would be impossible for the divorce rate among married couple with children to be this high in the Western world.
If each parent are indeed willing to give up their own self-interest for the interest of raising children, divorce would only occur in the most exceptional circumstances, as the greatest victims of divorce are the children.
Well, how come the proportion of divorces involving children under 18 years has plateaued at around 50%??
How come approximately 50% of children in the United States experience the divorce of their parents??
In the end, it is all about self-interest, NOT common-interest.
There is nothing wrong with this as long as you do it at your own peril, but remember that your children never signed up for any of this bullshit.
>>
>>31138532
>If having children is indeed the interest in having a wife, it would be impossible for the divorce rate among married couple with children to be this high in the Western world.
That's not true though. Women are the ones who file for divorce 70% of the time, and I'd be willing to bet if you only look at marriages with children <18, that percentage would be something like 85%+. Honestly, I don't think I've ever even known a man who left/divorced the mother of his children

That being said, I think most people get pregnant, then get married, not the other way around lol. This is because they're retarded, of course. They have no brains, they operate on some idea of "this is what you're SUPPOSED to do" and when the girl gets pregnant, boom, their retard brain says "well we're SUPPOSED to be married if she's pregnant so that's what we're gonna do." They're just retards, basically

What you end up with is two people who didn't want to be married but still got married, and often at least one parent who didn't want the damn kid(s) either. When women have a kid, it's ALWAYS because that's what they wanted, or at least what they thought they wanted. I think a lot of the time, after they actually have the little bastard in their hands, they realize they don't want to have to deal with that shit 24/7 the rest of their lives.. they kinda just thought the little tiny baby socks were cute and they liked the special treatment they got when they were pregnant, they don't want to actually raise a damn child, and they definitely don't want to be stuck with the same guy the rest of their life

Note this is all self-interest on just the woman's part though, whereas the man's side is usually a whole different story. What self-interest is there for him in this situation? If anything, he should just take off and let her deal with it on her own, but that's rarely what happens

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.