[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1675196641758704.gif (166 KB, 370x374)
166 KB
166 KB GIF
WHY WON'T I TAKE A SHOWER? I'M FILTHY AND I HATE IT BUT I CAN'T TAKE A SHOWER FOR SOME REASON. IT'S LITERALLY 10 MINUTES OF MY TIME WHY CAN'T I DO IT?
>>
>>31129771
take it right now.
>>
>>31129771
Count to 5 then get up and go shower.
>>
>>31129779
>>31129794
no
>>
Do you like the shower?

I love being in there, the hot water and the free thought that comes with it. Its like a drug to get all dehydrated and shit, stay in there for an hour or two. The problem is just starting. Bring your phone if you wanna put it in a little baggie. I wish i had a better shower though the water just falls to the ground no pressure at all
>>
>>31129811
there's your answer lmao
>>
>>31129811
So you don't want to. When your desire to be clean is greater than your desire to not shower, you will shower.
>>
>>31129848
that's what i thought too but its been like 2 weeks and my desire to be clean has still not overcome my desire to not shower, probably because my desire to not shower is disproportionately large.
>>
>>31129859
Have you smelled yourself recently? Are you genitals not excruciatingly uncomfortable? I've gone for 9 before but my crotch was becoming a disaster zone. Flaky skin, itchy, smelled weird.
>>
Sounds like you might be a gigantic retard
>>
>>31129872
actually my skin usually improves when i don't shower, i stop getting acne. never had the flaky skin thing, but i do smell weird, but it's more like a pheromone type smell. i kind of like it ngl. most people probably eat a bunch of garbage and that's why they smell. i'm a vegan and i never sweat or anything. maybe i only smell good to myself while to others i smell like absolute shit, that's probably it...
>>
>>31129859
are you afraid of the water? have you gotten out of bed in 2 weeks? you probably make everyone around you hate you from your smell if you care about that.
>>
>>31129900
What a surprise, a mentally ill vegan
>>
>>31129771
Reminder that showering every day is a very modern phenomena. People in the past washed once every week or two at most. Cleaning every day strips the natural protective layer off your skin. Also deodorants and hygiene chemicals are a scam and cause irritation in your pores which makes you stink. Just clean with water and real lye soap, eat real food and you won't smell at all.
>>
>>31129771
i bet u actually will take a shower.. ur just biding ur time, waiting for the correct shower moment. how strategic of u.
>>
>>31129900
>vegan
Ah there's the trolling angle I have a read on this now. Continue.
>>
>>31129916
>Just clean with water and real lye soap, eat real food and you won't smell at all.
People didn't just not smell bad. You just didn't have the availability to clean yourself that frequently so you dealt with it.
>>
>>31129916
Yeah lemme just eat a bunch of onions and garlic and go hang out in a crowded space. Totally don't need to shower or wear deodorant.
>>
>>31129931
Different people groups have different smells and it forms natural social boundaries. We used to live alongside genetically similar people and it didn't matter. Now we are all mixed up and can smell each other and are more disturbed by it.

>>31129961
This isn't even a real thing, you're just mindfucked by modernity and take it for reality.
>>
>>31129925
#1 cause of death worldwide is coronary artery disease, #2 is stroke, #3 is chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. all of which are and have been consistently and repeatedly linked to saturated fats and, in particular, animal fats for about the last 20-30 years at least. what is your qualm with veganism if not the same ridiculous identity politic of meat = traditional/strong, vegan = sissy/globohomo that you have worked out somewhere in your brain completely separate and distinct from the critical thinking faculties since those are obviously not implicated in anyones opposition to veganism since, as far as critical consensus goes, veganism has many benefits without many downsides, although there are some downsides. anyway i'd rather be slightly low on some gay mineral than dying of heart disease like everyone else who just coincidentally happen to have high rates among meat-eaters and low rates among vegans. but you'll probably claim all studies on this are wrong, paid off, or part of some jewish mastermind plan to get everyone to eat bugs because you saw a webm on pol with that message... yet i'm the one trolling ok nigger have fun with heart disease you deserve it.
>>
>>31130001
Thanks for the proof
>>
>>31129771
>that avatar
I dont help your kind with the exception to remind you that you are mentally ill.
>>
>>31130014
you got destroyed shut up fucking loser talking about oh he said hes vegan he must be le trololol dumb fucking idiot you make these weird opinionated jabs with nothing to back it up implying there's something wrong with being vegan when there isn't while simultaneously relieving yourself of any obligation to defend that point by cloaking it in sarcasm/irony... nigger... you're WORSE than kikes, worse than niggers...
>>
>>31129771
Same. Worse, I go out and party three weeks in a row and still don't shower. I wipe my ass a few times and rinsed off my dick but that's about it. I stopped shaving my moustache bc I keep burning it off while smoking anyway.
>>
>>31129771
Just do it. Stop waiting until you "feel like it". Pretend some guy is going to light you on fire if you don't.
>>
>>31129900
You're getting acne because you're using the wrong kind of face/body soap. Try a moisturizing soap. You can also try just rinsing off with hot water every day and soaping less frequently.
>>
I hate showers too. I used to almost only take baths for literally decades. Because at least I can be on my phone and fuck around while I soak in warm, calming water. Then at the end I quickly dunk my head and wash my hair and body and get out more relaxed than ever lol.
>>
>>31130001
> have been consistently and repeatedly linked to saturated fats
Epidemiology is wank anon. It's bullshit. The studies these results are based on use "food surveys".
They literally send get 50,000 people a questionnaire once a year and ask them "What did you eat last year and how much?". Then they munge highly processed foods like pizza into the meat category.
Nutritional epidemiology isn't science anon, it's reading the fucking tea leaves. Embarrassingly bad.
If I tried to do anything like this I would have lost my job.
You can't take any valid information from any of these epidemiology based nutritional studies. It's just complete trash.
>>
>>31130450
Chronic acne in adults is an immune system / inflammatory problem caused by diet.
>>
>>31129771
Refusing to shower is a self-preservation mechanism.
Notice how often people stop showering when they're sick? When then have a fever? It has nothing to do with not wanting to be cold for the moment after shower, and before you dry. Being dirty and smelly deters other people - natural defensive mechanism that makes spreading disease less likely. There's a reason why one of major signs of rabies is hydrophobia.
This also happens with mental illness. Although there's no disease to spread, you want to deter people on a subconscious level all the same because you do have the understanding of not being well on some level. It's also common with people who have suffered some trauma at the hands of other people, most notably SA. In this case, you want to deter people as a fear response. It doesn't matter how clean you think you are, your body is avoiding showers for a reason.
You're sick, go see an appropriate doctor.
>>
>>31129900
>i kind of like it ngl
Pls be in seattle
>>
>>31129771
are you trans OP?
>>
>>31129771
As Shia Lebeouf once said. Just do it.
>>
>>31133241
Shia is a coward and a moron. And I know because I've met him.
>>
Not op but can relate. I take single digit showers a year. It's a problem. Only time I will shower is if there is a major function that I'd like to clean up for. Major family function, convention, etc; I'll take a 40m shower. Otherwise it can be more than a month without showering.

I know I smell and have an issue w it conceptually but don't do anything to change. It takes like 20 minutes with the water running before I can feel comfortable getting in. I hate the feeling of water getting on my skin, it trips me out. The steam afterwards makes me feel like I'm choking. If someone goes into the bathroom before I shower, I ha e to wait a few hours before I can remotely feel like going in again.

Has been an issue since I was a kid, almost 30 now. No idea how to change. Same with really any self care or maintenance. Don't brush teeth, don't get good rest, don't wash my clothes, stay in the same pair of boxers and one pair of jeans for weeks at a time. Only thing I'll change is my shirt which I'll toss on the ground then find one to change per day to give a fake appearance that I'm not wearing the same thing. Have done that since middleschool or hs. Used to work fast food and for 9 years just stayed in the same uniform once I got home, slept in it, got up, and went to work as I was.

Idk how to fix that or what's wrong with me. I know it's not normal. What do I with the rest of the time? If I'm not at work, then I'm at home on my computer, watching YouTube or jerking off. Not the kind of thikg I'm proud of either.

I want to want to change, but evidence proves the contrary.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.