[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (136 KB, 1200x1200)
136 KB
136 KB PNG
What pics should I have on my profile? Right now I have 3 random pics of me alone where I think I look the best. 1 in nature, 1 on a balcony with a view behind me and 1 random one. I also have 1 pic with the boys at a bar but I look a bit shitfaced in it.

I'm also coming up blank on what the fuck to put as my bio. When I write something normal like what I'm actually looking for it feels awkward and cringe. If I try to do something humorous it feels awkward and cringe. It's extremely frustrating that I can't even express myself well in my native language (not English). I wish I could just write it in English since it would be way easier but what can I do.
>>
>>31203358

Tinder isn't a dating app. It's a casual sex app for one night stands. As one might expect on such an app, only broken whores and overweight single mothers are on there. Real bottom of the barrel shit.

Try Real Life™. 100% of relationships start there.
>>
>>31203358
Put a pic of u fishing or doing some type of sport. It gets chicks.
>>
>>31203379
I just put that as the thumbnail but I think in general it varies a lot based on country. Where I live badoo is considered more of the ons app. Tinder falls somewhere between that and bumble which is more on the relationship side.
>>31203383
I think I have a few pics of me fishing actually
>>
>>31203358
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBSeQXpE_Bw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRnpUCPuzSQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfWcCffMwNM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qG7N4ajL_E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkMFZEfqPO4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ingRrXqVOl4
>>
>>31203397
Ya put a pic of u fishing. Idk what it is but that shit works.
>>
>>31203404
Thanks for the links, I'll check it out
>>31203407
I wish I had a nice one of me casting, these pics kinda suck. Oh well.
>>
i love how men will spend 200 hours on a videogame they dont even like but for a potential life changing profile where they can meet the person they will marry one day cannot afford to take some good pictures or bothering to write a decent about me
>>
>>31203464
>cannot afford to take some good pictures or bothering to write a decent about me
That's literally what I'm trying to do and the point of the fucking thread lol
>>
>>31203435
Ur probably being over critical
>>
>>31203379

fuck off incel
>>
>>31203464
Tbf men were not taught how to take good photos of themselves + fear of being called gay if you take photos of your friends bc of the 2000s.

Give us some slack we are learning.
>>
>>31203358
Dating apps exist only to make money from lonely and desperate men.
>>
>>31203358
i had this dumb idea in my head where i would stage photos for my dating profile that had some comedic element to them.
like dressing up in fancy douche clothes and then posing and looking cool around a car except that car is my friends 20 year old Toyota Echo.
or me sitting by the window of a restaurant looking out at the street but the restaurant is a mcdonalds.
>>
>>31208715
Anything dating related exists for that. Sex-havers don't want any other men having sex. The entire male gender is a giant bucket full of crabs.
>>
>>31203404
>pwf
opinion discarded
>>
>>31209162
I watched a few of the vids and it seems reasonable, at least the photo critiques. He rubs me the wrong way though.
>>31209101
Idk seems like it could backfire hard where you'd look like pathetic and weird. But I made this thread so what do I know.
>>
>>31209185
i had a less gimicky but also funny idea
>wear same outfit whenever i go somewhere worth posing for a picture
>do this for a few months
>eventually you have a bunch of pictures of you all over the place doing all sorts of shit with slightly different hair and weight etc but always in the same outfit
>>
>>31209203
Honestly I think most women would assume you're a loser with 1 outfit before getting the joke lmao. Have you tried just having traditionally good pics?
>>
>>31209217
well i figured doing stuff that actually costs money in the pictures would balance that out if they were not bright enough to notice that im fucking with them.
>>
> nice portrait of you smiling, showing teeth
> full body shot
> another photo, maybe in like a suit
> show off a hobby or sport
> you put in public, bar is trashy but not a deal breaker
> if you are in good shape, throw in a topless photo. Refrain from mirror selfies, make it more of a candid shirtless photo like you at the beach or playing a sport

As for bios, idk. I’ve tried serious and jokey with mixed results. Worry about the pics for now, they’re much more important
>>
>>31209577
Adding that if you aren’t an autismo and had female friends who are capable of being frank with you, ask for their opinion. If they give you generic feedback “looks great” without any substance, then I’d reconsider the photos. I’ve also heard photofeeler is useful but I’ve never used it
>>
>>31205573
>fear of being called gay if you did X, Y, or Z
>e.g. dancing, singing, playing instruments, cooking, fine arts, etc.
>basically anything skill-intensive that women actually find attractive
So basically the manosphere up until the 00s was a crabs-in-a-bucket situation where untalented and insecure guys were selling "that shit is gay" snake oil to their "fellow brothers" to discourage them from improving themselves or engaging in said activities that would make them appealing to girls in fear that it would sabotage their opportunities with the opposite sex?
>>
>>31203379
>Try Real Life™. <50% of relationships start there including everyone currently at school and college
>>
>>31209634
Not really, it's just a combination of being young and insecure and not being able to take the bants. When your mates call you a faggot it's all in good fun but your ego can't handle it. At least that's what it was like for me. None of my friends have ever crab bucketed me a single time that I can think of.
>>31209597
Cheers, yeah I've used photofeeler and get 6/10 consistently which kinda blows but what can you do
>>
>>31209634
No lol. Dating apps didn't exist to take photos for "up until the 00s".
Men focusing on their appearance was called gay by society at large, there was nothing that could even be called "the manosphere" "up until the 00s".
>>
>>31209634
While your aim is off given the fact 00s didn't have mainstream dating apps (they existed but NOTHING like today, I know because I lived in that time)

Of course it was all crabs in a bucket because how else will you maintain your customer base if they get cuffed by their dream broad. Everyone's a sucker.
>>
>>31209656
>>31209715
>>31209828
Then it's even more applicable. Back before dating apps existed, a girl's dating pool was confined to the men within her immediate local vicinity.
Of course a girl would pick the most skilled and talented fun-having good-looking guys instead of good-looking plain Joes with nothing else to their name other than...looking good or playing video games lmao?
>>
i've had zero luck on dating apps.
i get approached by girls in public and i've had multiple stalkers.
i'll pick neither, just be unhappy forever, thanks. i had my chance at normal women a decade ago, normal women don't exist anymore.
>>
Asking here since related question but what the fuck should I even write in my profile? I dont really have a crazy big shot job or anything cool to brag about.
How creepy would it be to post my tools measurements? Only thing above average about me right now.
>>

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.