[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>ends human civilization
heh nothin personnal
>>
>>4776991
Nah I'd win
>>
>>4776991
>destroys tiktok
>>
>>4777024
and also all of modern civilization idiot
>inb4 that's LE BASED
>>
>>4777211
I don't see the problem, city slicker *tips hat*
>>
>>4777226
you're not as disconnected from the grid as you think you are
>>
>>4777226
Rural americans are dependent little babies who would die without freezers and starve a month after whitetail extinction

Only the amish would actually make it.
>>
>>4777251
I dunno, everyone I know cans and hunts. Freezers are only for meat and ice cream.
>>
>>4777251
>Only the amish would actually make it.
>vigorous baby makers with strong tradition
Well, not a bad choice for sole survivors
>>
>>4777211
Nonsense, all major governments have underground redundant wiring leftover from the Cold War. The masses are fucked by the ruling class will be fine.
>>
It would only destroy parts of North America specifically in the US not the world
>>
>>4776991
What is animal and nature about this?
>>
We should just pop the pimple
Surely there's a controlled way to release the pressure.
Why can't they just drill horizontally into the magma chamber and remove material
>>
>>4777353
all the budget went to protect lgbt right in benin
>>
>>4777211
What part of this civilization seems good to you?
>>
File: 1*vmHezBRMnbvpw8AuiAZe6g.jpg (330 KB, 4000x2417)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
*casually fries your biosphere*
nothing personal kid
>>
File: 003.jpg (3 MB, 4272x2848)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
There are about 40 volcanic cones a stones throw from me on any given day, but I'll admit to being a little startled by newyears fireweorks while camping at lake Taupō
Almost as startled as seeing this van on my way through. Almost.
>>
>>4777258
so do you cut down trees with axes for firewood? raise sheep to make cloth in a loom?
>>
>>4777247
yes i am fag
>>
>>4777429
Can you jump in any of them or are they all guarded, asking for a friend
>>
File: 1713603726413941.jpg (6 KB, 300x168)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>4776991
>ohhh my rising basaltic basaltic magma is stretching your continental crust and causing a rim boundary fault!
>Do it hotspot, erupt all over my yellowstone caldera!
>>
>>4777488
kys tradLARP, you live in your mothers basement and cry about how bad society has gotten whilst actively contributing to it's demise.
>>
>>4777361
Nigger you would cry if you had to give up using 4chan, quit being disingenuous.
>>
>>4777483
>so do you cut down trees with axes for firewood?
people do this all the time, go outside.
>>
>west coast america
>human
>civilization

lol

lmao even
>>
>>4777351
something something natural phenomenon
>>4777359
true
>>
>>4777504
terrible post
>>
Miami chads survive
>>
>>4777534
alright have fun
>>
>>4776991
>>
>>4777536
Here are some laws of nature.

Nonexistence doesn’t exist.
Therefore there is one existence, because there is no separation.
Nonexistence never existed. Which can be further understood understanding that in order for “nothing” to happen all of existence must cease. If there was some left that would not constitute “nothing”. Furthermore “nothing” does not have the capacity to create, or the potential to lead to something. “Nothing” cannot have capacities or potentials otherwise that would constitute something with capacities or potentials. If “nothing”happened there would never be another existence. You are the material ‘existence’.
>>
Yellowstone megaeruption is faux concern. Not only is it not expected to happen in the foreseeable future, we (probably) have the technology to mitigate the effects if it was.

The real concern facing modern civilization at the moment is a Coronal Mass Ejection on the scale of the Carrington Event. This could potentially wipe out continent-wide electrical grids.
>>
>>4777543
Thickness of ash, right?
Right?
>>
>>4777645
charge your phone
and nice nana
>>
>>4777353
>Surely there's a controlled way to release the pressure.
do you really want to find out and potentially fail and send humanity back to the stone age?
>>
>>4777361
a lot of it actually. we're living in the best time in the history of civilization. never before has there ever been a more peaceful time. i know you probably don't agree but that's because you're addicted to ragescrolling 4chan and twitter for 16 hours/day.
>>
>>4777502
Only to stop physically inept people from falling into the caldera.
>>
>>4777650
>we (probably) have the technology to mitigate the effects if it was.
curious as to what you think these technologies are. it erupting would eject enough ash and debris into the atmosphere obscuring the sun for a decade MINIMUM and causing total global crop failure for that entire time. 95%+ of the population dies.

>The real concern facing modern civilization at the moment is a Coronal Mass Ejection on the scale of the Carrington Event.
also scary, but i actually think that would be orders of magnitude less impactful than yellowstone. there would be chaos and a lot of deaths but the grids would eventually get repaired
>>
>>4777504
crustposting made it all the way to /an/?
>>
>>4777946
>never before has there ever been a more peaceful time.
Depends entirely on where you live.
>>
>>4778286
obviously there's going to be outliers but on average the period since the end of WW2 is the most safest the world has ever been.
>>
>>4778324
>since the end of WW2 is the most safest the world has ever been.
Depends. War wise sure, there hasn’t been anything that could top it but general crime and violence in cities and shit has gone up considerably I’d wager
>>
>>4778286
If you're anywhere that had significant participation in WW2 you are living in the safest era of that area.

Reason being all the violent retards who enjoy or think they would enjoy killing got selected out by two consecutive mass wars which will never be repeated again because indirect warfare does the same thing with fewer corpses.

And retards complain about this literal utopia we have like this
>BUT I HAVE TO SEE... GAY PEOPLE! AND RACE MIXING!
>I CANT AFFORD FUNKO POPS AND A HOUSE AT THE SAME TIME WORKING A PART TIME JOB WITH NO DEGREE
>COLLEGE DEBT IS CRAZY I'D HAVE TO NOT BE RICH FOR LIKE 5 YEARS AFTER GRADUATING
>>
>>4778370
Per capita, cities have less or only slightly more violent crime than rural areas. You just let the news circus and sound of sirens bias you. If emergency vehicles didn't blare sirens, like the ones in rural areas often don't because there's no traffic, you'd think the city was perfectly peaceful.
>>
>>4778370
>but general crime and violence in cities and shit has gone up considerably I’d wager
except it hasn't. violent crime has been going down since the early 90s.

do you live in some sort of alternate reality?
>>
>>4778389
> violent crime has been going down since the early 90s.
Specify where the fuck you’re talking about because this is so egregiously wrong depending on where it’s disgusting
>>
>>4778372
>Reason being all the violent retards who enjoy or think they would enjoy killing got selected out by two consecutive mass wars
I wish that were the case. We can look at a number of American cities and see that it’s not.
>>
File: 987sdik.png (484 KB, 1000x1000)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
>>4776991
>>
>>4778466
>Specify where the fuck you’re talking about
america, the only place that matters obviously. no one cares that your turd world country has been in a civil war since the 90s
>>
File: bbh.jpg (1007 KB, 4400x2475)
1007 KB
1007 KB JPG
>casually appears without warning and deletes your entire planet from existence
>>
File: banjo jammin.gif (489 KB, 500x376)
489 KB
489 KB GIF
>>4777251
>whitetail extinction
Aren't you redditors constantly bitching about how overpopulated they are and how we have to reintroduce large canids to control them, damn the livestock and the children? Seems like we'll all be fine while you and Tyrone are knife fighting in the Kwik-E-Mart for the last bag of Takis.
>>
>>4776991
nothing ever happens
>>
i don't think it's about this, or that, but waking up to the true nature of reality, and realizing, through our tragically human condition, that everything is consciousness in motion. mere language betrays these convictions, and serves them as truths to be digested, but truth has a way of being manipulated for one's own selfish intent. there's nothing to be afraid of, no reason to hate one another and project our fears onto eachother. we must wake up again to this indelible timeless truth that has always been there, just waiting to be received. that is all, this is simply enough.
>>
>>4777483
Yes? Is this strange to you?
>>
>>4778740
Can you show us the cloth you made using a loom unironically? It's something I wanna get into someday.
>>
>>4777251
This anon is right, however. Ruralites want to think that they could survive without other people but the reality is, they wouldn't last very long.
Sure, you can hunt your own food, raise your own meat and eggs and veg, but who's making your gun? Who's mining the metal to make your gun? Who's importing the mined metal, or your imported guns?
Let's say you use traps exclusively, where'd you get your knife from? Where'd the store you bought it from get it from? What about the distributors? Where'd the manufacturers get the raw material?
Let's say you make your own knife, using flint and a stick. Let's say you even know how to properly knock flint into a working knife (A very skilled task). What are you gonna do with a whole deer full of meat? Can it? With what cans? Where from? Are you gonna pressure-can it? How? Are you gonna dry-smoke all that meat, or salt-preserve it? Where will you get the salt? How will you store it? In a box? Where'd you get the nails?
In a post-apocalyptic scenario, rural Americans would die out in 2 years max without finding a community to rely on.
In a community of rednecks, at least one of you will know how to weave using a loom, one of you will know how to knit, one of you will know how to forge fucking nails probably. One of you can be the resident moonshiner, you'll need the alcohol to cope.
But alone? You'll die in the second winter.
>>
>>4778732
all those words and you managed to say absolutely nothing at all
>>
>>4778745
Can you imagine your clothes when you're doing heavy-duty manual labour sun-up to sun-down every single day just to survive? Lmao hope you know how to weave, knit or crochet you ruralite 'alpha males' because your 99% polyester shirt will become rags in three months, or dry rot in six.
>>
>>4778756
it is the puzzle i present to you, dear anon, the same way existence is the puzzle life presented to me. the key to unlock more doors can not be found in a store, it is in you. will you look for it?
>>
>>4778745
>who is making your gun
Metalworking lathes exist.
>who is mining the metal to make your gun
People in rural areas
>Who's importing the mined metal
Why would we need to import anything? Most necessary metals can be found locally in the United States. Hell, I live in an area with fucking uranium in it.

Why do Urbanites have this weird belief that just because their industries are hollowed out, everyone else's are hollowed out as well?
>>
>>4778585
I live in an idyllic tropical paradise that has never even seen war you fucking freak don’t project because your country is becoming the third world and you’re in staunch denial about it
>>
>>4778624
We nearly drove whitetail extinct during the great depression with a fraction of our current population poaching with .22LR pump or single shot rifles. With more people, better guns? They're toast.
>>
>>4778615
nah those aren't a big deal unless it is really really massive or it happens to directly collide with Earth, which is not likely. If it's really massive then its presence would interfere with orbits and we might get flung into deep space or moved too close to the sun.
>>
>>4778895
He's referring to the gigantic beam of hard radiation spewing out of it that would slag earth down to the mantle if it happened to pass over us from less than a few thousand lightyears distance.
>>
>>4778870
everything within the tropic latitudes (except maybe outside singapore) is turd world, silly goose. you're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>4778800
They can't imagine people who aren't completely useless and helpless like them, so they project that onto other people regardless of reality.
>>
>>4779088
It's actually the reality in rural america, that most "rednecks" with an internet connection are absolutely helpless, and have been banking on the unsustainable strategy of "when shtf we'll be farmin and huntin, got my AR-10 and 7.62 NATO stash on ice" unaware that the last time they tried that in the great depression, with a smaller, less dense populace, it almost resulted in the majority of north american game animals going extinct.
>>
>>4778906
There are over 100 of those pointed directly at earth.

The black holes close enough to us are dormant. Almost like a prior civilization deactivated them or we got really lucky.
>>
>>4779023
Nope I live in the one first world nation in the region sorry but I’m sipping on pina coladas and you’re sipping on poisoned water from your failing infrastructure
>>
>>4779093
Ok, then what do you suggest people do to survive? Or is your implication that they’re fucked anyway and should just accept that they’re dependent on ‘the system’?
>>
>>4778800
And how is any of that infrastructure going to continue once all of those people are gone? You rely on them, regardless of whether they're international or not.
You cannot survive alone, that's what the post is about. Don't project your fear of internationalism onto it.
>>
>>4779123
Unironically join a commune with other people consisting of unique, necessary skills and you could survive.
>>
File: 75A5927-1.jpg (189 KB, 800x518)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>4779123
Look at what the amish do. They do not have this fantasy that one day they will stop driving to walmart, expand their backyard garden, multiply their hobby chickens, start picking up a rifle, and maybe take up work herding cattle (because that's the COOL farm work, especially because they dont want to actually watch over the cattle all day like you have to with other animals). They already have robust, primitive infrastructure for survival up and active. If you ask me, they're even better at farming cattle in the long term than your average rancher.

If you're some trailer fucker who expects to hunt deer you're just going to starve later rather than sooner. There are so many people that even as overpopulated as deer and rabbits can get, even if hicks fulfilled their total predator extinction fantasy to hand their share of the world back to us, there would not be enough game to go around. People with this attitude, which is the most common one, would behave like an invasive species and promptly sterilize the world.
>>
>>4779121
>Nope I live in the one first world nation in the region
doesn't exist. keep thinking it does though

>you’re sipping on poisoned water
extrapolating one story you heard about one small city and applying it to a nation of 330 million? yup you're definitely a mentally deficient turd worlder alright. i can now safely ignore your opinions on everything as you have 0 working mental faculties
>>
>>4779123
>Or is your implication that they’re fucked anyway and should just accept that they’re dependent on ‘the system’?
not him but yes, we're all fucked in a doomsday scenario. i don't think you realize how insanely interconnected the world's economies is. if one big piece fails, it's falling dominos all the way down. our only solution is to disconnect from the greater world and do what >>4779128 says.

if you're not going to make that giant leap, then stop worrying about the absolute worst scenarios, and more importantly, stop larping you're going to be some mad max figure that has everything figured out.
>>
>>4779137
If Yellowstone goes, even the Amish are in for a tough time when crops fail and livestock starts starving. They probably have the best chance for survival, but it's still not much of a chance because they'll have to contend with the trailer park crowd. Wildlife populations will already be plummeting from starvation as ashfall kills off most of the plant life they need. Your average bumpkin will be lucky to even see a rabbit or deer, and that backyard garden has no chance at all, so count on these assholes loading up their guns and trying to take what they want.
>>
>>4779199
Not even the worlds economies, but people in general.
I'm getting into crochet, hopefully with the idea of crocheting some of my own wearables within the near future. As useful as a skill this is, I cannot even begin to comprehend how many hands the yarn I used has been through.
My yarn is 100% sheeps wool. Who dyed it? Who bleached it? Who spun it? Who prepared the raw wool? Who cleaned the raw wool? Who transported the raw wool from the farmer to the processing plant? Who sheared the sheep? Who round up the sheep to be sheared? Who raised the sheep? Who bred the sheep? Who owned the land? Who grew the food to feed the sheep? Who transported that livestock feed and so on and so on. For every one thing in your home, hundreds of thousands of hands have already touched it. Probably more. It's unfathomable to think.
Hominid species lived for millions of years in small family groups, and then larger tribes and villages. It is possible to survive off the land with others. NOT alone. You WILL die.
>>
>>4779207
>So count on the hordes of mestizos and african americans the US army has been piling up and informing about "domestic terrorists" brutally shoving these people back in the bread lines
FTFY, the NWO is way ahead of you
>>
>>4779207
>They probably have the best chance for survival
No, they don't, because they don't stockpile for years. They stockpike for ONE year. They will do very well for ONE year, then die faster than people who are better prepped for the long term or are used to scavenging/ravaging.
>>
>>4778895
>>4778906
No, the problem is that black holes are undetectable where it matters. E.G. if a blackhole existed in our solar system, we would have no way of knowing it until it instantly destroyed everything.
>>
>>4779125
>And how is any of that infrastructure going to continue once all of those people are gone?
Gone where? This isn't the fucking rapture.
>You rely on them, regardless of whether they're international or not.
Oh wow, small rural towns are for the most part independent. How can this possibly be spun as "WELL ACTUALLY YOU NEED OTHER PEOPLE, SO THEREFORE I'M RIGHT"?
>You cannot survive alone, that's what the post is about
Nobody said this.
>>
>>4777258
If the electricity went out i would can everything in my freezer tomorrow
>>
>>4779209
>You WILL die.
giwtwm
>>
>>4779300
>Gone where? This isn't the fucking rapture.
We're specifically talking about a postapocalyptic scenario. It's safe to assume that the majority of the population is dead or zombified or some shit. Large-scale infrastructure isn't around.
>Oh wow, small rural towns are for the most part independent. How can this possibly be spun as "WELL ACTUALLY YOU NEED OTHER PEOPLE, SO THEREFORE I'M RIGHT"?
Is it just me or does this sentence make no sense and have no point? Am I just tired?
>Nobody said this.
I am >>4778745 And I said
>But alone? You'll die in the second winter.
What was the point of your reply? I felt like all of these questions (except whatever the fuck you meant with the middle one) could've been answered if you scrolled up a bit. This isn't even a long thread.
>>
>>4779195
>doesn’t exist.
Cope harder
>one small city
Cope harder. Those conditions and the reason they even came about in the first place are rapidly being recreated throughout the entire US and the first world in general, keep sticking your head in the sand and pretending there’s not an issue the next time you have a series of mostly peaceful protests or some corrupt government officials fuck up your town’s piping - no more yous
>>
File: 1000012311.gif (114 KB, 540x297)
114 KB
114 KB GIF
>>4776991
>>
>>4779426
didn't read. cry harder turd worlder
>>
so many larpers man
>>
>>4777361
Flushing toilets are nice.
>>
>>4779209
I work in a grocery store and im honetly surprised the system works at all
Like all the work that goes into growing one cabbage times every single item and ingredient in the entire store times every store in the city .. etc.
Boggles the mind

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.