[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Skunks-3-17-8.jpg (477 KB, 868x506)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
has anyone here been sprayed by a skunk? I've heard it smells different than it does off the side of the road or something, can you describe the smell in detail?
>>
It's a piercing, unpleasant chemical smell. It smells like a mix of poorly processed weed and natural gas.
>>
>>4781145
to add to this when I say a piercing smell, humans can smell it from actual miles away. it's also an irritant and can cause blindness if it sprays you in the eyes.
I've found if you or your pet gets sprayed by one just soak yourself in a shit ton of liquid dish soap
>>
>>4781145
>>4781150
Isn’t it also flammable? Not surprising it causes such an intense reaction, though a lot of animals seem able to ignore it more or less
>>
File: DYT2.jpg (228 KB, 760x474)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
The next day, the entire block smells like this particular noodle:
>>
>>4781150
Tomato juice works best.
>>
>>4781077
no they are not really afraid of me, I throw hotdogs at them and they just startle for a second then eat it. One guy even hides under my stairs waiting for me.
>>
Marijuana
>>
>>4781297
it has sulfur in it so maybe but i'd guess it'd be the same level of danger as lighting a fart on fire - possible but kinda pointless
>>
>>4781077
>Small, snack cake-shaped fella who makes funny noises
>Trying to give him a hug results in being blasted by the taste of India
Why must God be so cruel
>>
My dog got sprayed last year. She came to me frothing at the mouth and at first I thought she had gotten into some sort of chemical. it definately didn't smell like a dead skunk on the side of the road. It's hard to describe. It took many baths to get the smell out. Not a good time for my dog.
>>
Give me a descented skunk for a pet. I'll pay any amount of money. Please I'm desperate.
>>
Are skunks mustelids?
>>
>>4781077
Smells like rotten garlic and burnt bandaids/rubber. The burnt rubber smell is a distinct sort of burnt rubber.

>>4785507
Hydrogen peroxide + baking soda + a little soap worked on mine in one bath. I washed him shortly after he got sprayed.
>>
>>4785535
That was believed to be the case for a while but they’re classed as their own thing now I think, still closely related
>>
>>4785532
>descented
just give her some ham

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.