[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: btc mining cost.jpg (151 KB, 1353x531)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
So basically BTC can go under 51k because mining would not be viable
once the reward halves does that mean that the production cost will rise to 100k?
>>
Yep. And that's how it's worked in the past. Mining got so expensive that people just stopped trying, and the price plummeted. People gave up on BTC completely. That happened back in 2017. It's been over ever since.
>>
>>58410676
you are dumb as fuck dude. not every miner pays for their electricity. cost for production is just the hardware/miners for many players in the market.
>>
>>58410676
>So basically BTC can go under 51k because mining would not be viable
So basically BTC cant go under 51k because mining would not be viable*
>>
>>58410683
>not every miner pays for their electricity
and youre calling me dumb?
>>
>>58410676
difficulty is dynamic
miners can shut off machines until difficulty comes down
cost of mining is therefore not static nor follows any pattern
>>
>>58410695
>and youre calling me dumb?
yes. its proof of work. not proof of pay dollars for electricity. gigaretard.
>>
>>58410701
grim
its ogre
>>
>>58410715
I thought that the email verification was supposed to stop the jeet spam/begging? Do your job jannies, what are we giving you our emails for?
>>
>>58410676
Biztards have been steeped is shitcoins for too long, they forgot how pow works.
>>Rising nethash = bullish
>>Miners generally only sells when price is rising.
>>When price is below production costs one of two things gonna happen :
>>1. Miners hold and keep mining (no change in nethash, prices drops)
>>2. Miners quit (nethash drops, then price dropped a lot more)

The beginning of a bear market is usually marked with a reduction in nethash where prices have been stagnant for a while.

The beginning of a bull market is the opposite. Prices stagnant, but nethash is rising.
>>
>>58412809
>The beginning of a bull market is the opposite. Prices stagnant, but nethash is rising.

so where we're at now, gotcha
>>
>>58410778
you are so fucking stupid holy shit
where do you think electricity comes from
I cant even believe how stupid you are, are you a third worlder?
>>
>>58412981
dumb people tend to be loud
>>
>>58410676
Not exactly. Right now it wouldn't be profitable under 51k, but if it went below 51k, less people would mine it, which would make it easier to mine, which would lower the cost of viability. So that number can and would absolutely go down. 51k is by no means a hard bottom for the price just because that's where the current mining difficulty is.
>>
The chad informed >>58413809
vs
The virgin ignorant >>58410683
>>
File: 1710424381283525.png (1.12 MB, 1728x1010)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>58410681
>t. https://warosu.org/biz/thread/S1214767#p1217270
>>
>>58410751
>cost of mining is therefore not static nor follows any pattern

True yet a soft lie, yea the cost is dynamic but dificulty going down, means only the stronger miners remains while the weakest one with bad hardware or costs go down temproally all this does is purge the network of inefficient miners once difficulty stabilizes the cost rises again.

This takes way less than most people think to happen.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.