[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Billionaires.jpg (141 KB, 1200x800)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
Not talking about the money, but the attitude. I know there's luck and inheritance involved, but that can't be the only reason, if it is, a lot of rich nepo kids would be billionaires.
>>
>>58415199
they're programming geniuses except for bezos who was probably above average.
>>
>>58415240
So, what does bezos read?
>>
>>58415199
>asking for book recommendations
People like this don't read. They're either dunning-kruger retards or lucky autists. Your post asking about how to become like these ppl in particular actually makes me sad that this is whom you look up to
>>
Here would be my breakdown of them as links in a chain. I'm sorting them in a particular way for a reason.

>Gates
More of a businessman than a programmer or an engineer. Saw the potential of computers and software. Leveraged his family money and connections to assemble a team of people who understood that shit better than he did and rode that company into the sunset.

>Bezos
Former partner at Goldman Sachs. Saw the dotcom boom and realized that there was money in online retail. Took his personal fortune and investor money and got into running an online retail platform.

>Musk
Programmer who maybe had less nepotism behind him, or maybe not depending on what you think of the whole "emeralds" thing, but undeniably brilliant in his Zip2 days. Basically made google maps before google maps was a thing, and sold it for 20 million. Hit the big leagues a second time with the big Paypal race and merger. After that though he followed the Gates/Bezos formula. He's just the first one on the list so far who actually started out knowing what the fuck he was doing. Note that he was tapped by Peter Thiel at least twice. Also note that ever since getting fucked by CEOs and investors multiple times he has insisted on being the CEO and big investor in every company since.

>Zuck
Nerd who Zuckerberged a bunch of rich kids, went on to Zuckerberg his co-founders, and has not gone on to Zuckerberg Thiel. The man started out as a programmer and became a big time databroker before becoming the big CEO like Gates.

You can identify a few common elements interweaving all of these people. They all had their own or other people's money to play with, they all recognized a technological opportunity and jumped on it, and they all survived a few rounds of corporate Game of Thrones to see who was going to end up in charge, with Musk having lost a few before winning a few. Also the younger ones (Musk, Zuck) have ties with Thiel and by extension the larger Silicon Valley network.
>>
>>58415199
The book of having rich parents
>>
>>58415240
Musk is not a good programmer, he's bad and wrote garbage
>>
>>58415256
Isn't this a /biz/ board though?
>>
It's all about genetics. They are very high IQ individuals with infinite energy. You need both.
>>
>>58415276
Thanks.
>tapped by Peter Thiel
Meaning?
>>
>>58415293
Thiel was part of the group whose companies all merged to create Paypal. He was the one who put Musk in as CEO, then approved the coup that dethroned Musk from Paypal. Later he came back to bail out Musk during a rough patch at Tesla. In between ousting Musk at Paypal and bailing him out at Tesla he was busy financing Zuckerberg during the rise of Facebook and helping Zuckerberg to dilute the shares of his cofounders and push them out.
>>
>>58415199
>but that can't be the only reason, if it is, a lot of rich nepo kids would be billionaires.
that's not how luck works. these are highly competitive, limited positions. there aren't a lot of them by nature.
also you're not going to learn anything useful from them other than maybe work ethic and psychopathy. which isn't rare for entrepreneurs.
>>
>>58415304
>Peter Thiel
This guy sure was everywhere.
>>
>>58415369
That's what I mean. Thiel seems like he knows all the insider baseball.
>>
The Talmud is a good start after you've completed studying the Torah
>>
>>
>>58415292
The average billionaire IQ is apparently 133, not very high.
>>
>>58416057
is 133 not very high nowadays?
>>
>>58415498
so reptilians?
>>
>>58416580
why are we discussing conspiracies on biz?
>>
File: IMG_1797.jpg (1.04 MB, 1125x1055)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>58415199
Read the secret teachings of all ages by manly p hall
>>
>>58415498
Based icke poster
>>58416584
Are you lost? Biz is black pilled finance
>>
>>58415199
You’re either born with it or you’re not. None of those guys were reading self-help books when they started out
>>
>>58415199
Musk is a venture capitalist, Gates and Zuckerberg are autistic savants (also satanists). Bezos has no soul or regard for human life and probably has killed dozens of homeless or 3rd worlders to blow off steam something about that nigga is not right
>>
>>58416581
Most successful lawyers (partner-level) or high-level doctors (chiefs of medicine) are at that level.
>>
>>58417285
>(also satanists)
imagine 2010 4chan reading nu-4chan. it's all a complete joke
>>
>>58415199
Study Kabbalah
>>
>>58415292
>>58416057
>>58416581
>>58417321

Depending on the test you're using 130 is two standard deviations from the mean. That's a relatively small portion of the population, but it's well short of genius. When you get up over 145 you're splitting hairs between genius and sub-genius. Strangely enough actual genius/sub-genius is more strongly associated with bad individual outcomes, whereas that ~130 IQ tends to associate with good outcomes.

A ~130 IQ means that you essentially function like a normie but you think a little faster and can come up with somewhat better solutions a little bit easier than a normie without being burdened by all the things that come along with genius. The system is more or less designed for the smartest people who can still operate within baseline cognitive parameters to flourish within it.
>>
>>58415199
Anon, there's the blockchain industry right here to establish yourself for the Web3 revolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWRbTnE1PEM

Surely you can connect this video to my first point.
>>
File: 1708076775056217.jpg (10 KB, 236x188)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>58415199
>protocols of the learned elders of zion
>200 years together
>the talmud
>>
>>58415199
they were all born wealthy or very upper middle class.
>>
>>58415199
luck is literally the only reason. Inheritance, your other cause listed, is simply a result of luck. All of it is luck. If you are lucky, you'll be a billionaire. If not, tough luck!

People who are insecure have trouble accepting this because most of us aren't particularly lucky, but you have zero say in your outcomes and choice is a human construct to create comfort, much like religion.

Facts:

>You were born with a certain genetic code
>Your decisions are results of your brain reacting to external stimulus

Your brain, which you didn't control how it formed, is what controls your "choices" and it does that in a 100% reactionary capacity based on your genetic code and previous external experiences.

It's actually very comfy to accept.

>in b4 "cope"

I am a multi millionaire with a happy life. But my fate was determined the same was as a poorfag. Simple as.
>>
>>58417485
>the year is 1997
>Jeff Bezos just quit his job as a quantitative analyst
>he's nerding out as he talks about online retail and how an online bookstore is actually better to operate through the internet than a physical bookstore for reasons particular to the book market
>just in his element geeking out
>obviously gets it even though he's probably more of an analytical number cruncher than a computer programmer
>just getting interviewed by some dude with a VHS camera
>talking about how future societies will look back at that time as a utopia

Kind of makes you nostalgic.
>>
>>58415199
>I know there's luck and inheritance involved, but that can't be the only reason,
It is.
>>
>>58418070
that is the most subversive book ive ever read. it contradicts itself shamelessly too, just disgusting, i kept it on the bookshelf just as an example, and read the whole thing just to take notes
>>
>>58418140
>it contradicts itself shamelessly too
It's been a long time for me. What does it contradict?
>>
>>58418070
Read this when I was like 11. It's a cute book, I guess.
>>
>>58415199
Read this book if you do any investing.
>>
File: 36f.jpg (34 KB, 680x771)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>58418140
>
>>
>Ask for a book to read
>>58415240
>>58415256
>>58415276
>>58415279
>>58415287
>>58415292
>>58415293
>>58416057
>>58416580

Faggots who have never read shit in their lives, but only know to be losers.
>>
A good book to read about marketing and know if the market that you are will make you money or not:
>>
>>58417566
bro what the literal fuck are you talking about? if op's post was a picture of a tire being patched at tire kingdom and he asked "how do they do it bros..." youd say it comes down to luck? it is completely within OP's power to patch a tire. youve arbitrarily determined being a billionaire is out of his power with literally no justification
>>
>>58417390
So I'm primed for success but still a failure. What gives?
>>
>>58418202
>>58418306
I'm on vacation so don't have access but it was rage-inducing. I bought it because I thought I was too heavy leaning on the nature side of nature vs nurture, the books own examples will drive you deeper into nature while he talks about how nature has nothing to do with anything. Beyond Freedom and Dignity is the answer I was looking for. But Outliers is subversive garbage and will be giving it to my kids as a teaching tool
>>
>>58415199
>Musk: parents owned literal mines
>Gates: Mom worked for IBM and got him contacts
>Bezos: rich stepfather
>Zuck: rich jewish parents
>>
File: 1700951984085830.jpg (108 KB, 1024x1024)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>58415199
>books to become like them
there you go breh.
>>
>>58418505
Small nitpick. Errol Musk didn't own the emerald mines. He had a partner who owned them and he smuggled the emeralds for him while he was on business trips. Basically he was a middle man in a gem smuggling business.
>>
>>58418590
>Errol Musk didn't own the emerald mines

No. His family owned the mines
>>
>>58418618
...Errol is Elon's father's name.
>>
Musk was a top level QuakeWorld player.
Also most are high level programmers and dedicated. You are blessed with being able to be fluent in programing. I made my money making content online. If you are blessed with programing skills then come up with something.
>>
>>58415256
>People like this don't read
How the fuck do they learn then?
>>
>>58418417
He's talking about the free will vs. determinism argument that's been going on since the beginning of time. Basically, determinists believe that we have no free will because everything that happens in the universe, incuding the machinations of our brains, is just one long pre-determined physical chain reaction and everything that will happen in the future is already predetermined.
Personally, I believe in free will, because I have no choice but to do so.
>>
>>58415199
Attitude and personality ate completely genetic. If you have children you know
Reading a book will not change yours
>>
>>58418806
>high level programmers and dedicated
bullshit, on zip2 they had to rewrite the entire codebase because elon wrote unmaintainable pajeet-tier spaghetti code
>>
>>58419260
>determinists believe that we have no free will because everything that happens in the universe, incuding the machinations of our brains, is just one long pre-determined physical chain reaction and everything that will happen in the future is already predetermined.
That makes absolutely no tangible difference from an individual's point of view.
>>
>>58415199
Yes the satanic bible
>>
File: findingmeaning.jpg (28 KB, 300x400)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
if you're over 30 and something isn't right
>>
>>58415199
They're all nepo babies, not that there's anything inherently wrong with that. To think, though, that you can accomplish what they have by reading books is pretty retarded. You have to have a combination of force of will, being at the right place at the right time, and having a major helping hand.
>>
>>58415199
step 1: have a wealthy family
step 2: never acknowledge that having a wealthy family was a major reason for your success
>>
>>58415199
They all have 1 thing in common. They all come from wealthy families with jewish backgrounds.
>>
>>58415199
Read the Michael Burry chapter in the book The Big Short. There's a lot to be said about not listening to "common sense" and mainstream opinion in making your fortune.
>stay in college
>the internet is a meme
Two common mantras when they were creating the foundation of their fortune.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.