[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3203.jpg (585 KB, 1125x993)
585 KB
585 KB JPG
I’m going to start a DoorDash competitor that only delivers food you can’t get from the current apps.
So mostly hot dogs, pizza from Costco and Sam’s Club plus In-N-Out burgers and taco trucks
I’m thinking markup should be high since there’s no competition for these markets yet
>>
sounds retarded
>>
>>58416973
>only delivers food you can't get from other apps

I don't know, those apps add such a huge fucking expense (menu items on the app UI are higher priced, small order fees, regular fees, delivery fee + tip) that I think it'd be worth just undercutting the fuckers. Plus "only" delivering food the others don't would require constantly maintaining that shortlist right? If Doordash suddenly starts offering Costco dogs then you'd have to remove that per your own rule. As a tiny, tiny business you're in a great position to just do what they do for cheaper and make good margins anyway
>>
>>58417042
By the way the "only" in your mission statement or whatever isn't a hook if that's why you landed on that exclusivity.
>>
>>58417042
Yeah you’re right. I shouldn’t limit my offerings to things my competitors don’t offer
Thanks for the response anon
>>
Your business idea sucks. Don't quit your job yet.
>>
>>58416973
Just make an open source driver app, don't limit to food delivery but also do ubers and food that doordash does deliver. If you want to be safe I'd make it so each user has to own a business or have a big contract or something so you are not liable for the inevitable murders caused by your creation
>>
>>58417076
Yes. Murder prevention is our number 1 focus at my future startup
>>
>>58416973
Moat of the money drain comes from the delivery charge and tip. So now I'm paying $10 for a Costco hot dog instead of McDonald's? No ty
>>
>>58417104
The deal with Costco comes from buying in bulk, everyone knows this
So if you get 5 hotdogs, that’s only $7.50 in food costs and it makes the delivery fee and tip more bearable
$12.50-$13 isn’t bad for a meal that could feed a family of 4-5
5 burgers and drinks would be much more from McDonald’s
>>
File: interdasting.jpg (80 KB, 640x604)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>58417076
An open source driver app might have potential. Basically have people be freelance valets, do whatever errands for people at a price they negotiate, and you as the app owner collect a percentage of every transaction. Like Fiverr but with cars.
>>
ITT
biztards create a decentralized Uber
>>
>>58417209
God I wish, not just Uber but the whole delivery space needs to wipe out the parasite middleman contractors and pay directly to the courier
>t. 10 year courier
>>
>>58417219
this a million times
>>
>>58417042
Why don't you do a competitor that forbids tipping or do you still think soem guy who drove 5 mins deserves a fiver in tips?
>>
>>58416973
I had a similar idea but then thoughts.

thought #1:
research the marketing budget for those companies. they get VC funding in the millions, run millions in deficits in the first couple of years. can't imagine you will get organic traction without marketing on the same level.

thought #2:
if you start this and a huge competitor sees your success, he just out-competes you in the same thing because you steal market-share. he has more power than you.
>>
>>58417829
So you just went back to bring a loser but felt the need to tell us about it?
>>
>>58417076
There was hype around some vaporware pitching that very concept in 2016/2017. It was called Arcade City, and it turned out to have been little more than a scam by some serial scammer who nowadays is pitching an AI scam. Or tricking startups into hiring him as VP and doing no work. Whichever. He's a fun guy.
So it's kinda sad, because there was a nugget of potential in the basic concept. The "uber on the blockchain" concept can be generalized to a decentralized framework matching buyers and sellers, adorned with some form of reputation system and some mean of protection for both parties (escrow and such.)
The best effort I've seen to make that happen was OpenBazaar, but it got lost in the weeds, never found its market and ultimately the folks that were developing that project while trying to make a startup out of it got frustrated by the lack of traction, gave up and moved on.
Now some other team is sorta trying to revive OpenBazaar, but I'm not particularly hopeful.
Shit's hard yo. But I know there's still an opportunity here. Just not a money-making one.
>>
>>58416973
Fucking retarded lmao, that's like having a fast food restaurant and having to look into Big Mac's price index on truflation everyday to update the prices
>>
>>58417876
what's your problem, faggot?!
>>
>>58417829
no one cares
>>
File: 1690844017226152.png (624 KB, 518x617)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
>>58416973
I want to nut on this chicks forehead
>>
File: 1663982154772.png (257 KB, 1352x764)
257 KB
257 KB PNG
>>58416973
you're going to get crushed in a few weeks, why do you think there are so few competing apps? it's not that no one has tried, it's that the competition does everything they can to prevent your thing from succeeding, you'll have to offer something that no one else does, that's why I can't do shit, only increase my funds with jizzlord
it's a predatory market
>>
>>58416973
Is craigslist still around?
Id go one step further and offer not food, but handyman services. Fix ur door, ur electrical needs, fix the air conditioner. Installs cctvs etc .

Basically like doordash, but for tradesmen and service industry. Just don't do hookers just yet (branding issue, you could make another app for that but permits gonna be complicated).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.