[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: heyisthatanime.jpg (69 KB, 617x466)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
What are some cosplay stories that you'll remember for the rest of your life?

Wholesome: Cosplaying some My Little Penis characters with my then-gf when a little girl started freaking out over how great we looked. She got her dad to take loads of pictures with both of us.

Less wholesome: I saw a fur-suiter yelling at his wife.

Least wholesome: Walking to the convention center behind my friend's sister in her Sailor Saturn cosplay, on a windy day. She either didn't notice or didn't care that her bare ass was playing aggressive peekaboo with me. Only time I've ever wanted the walk from the hotel to be longer.

Sad: I was at Twitchcon when that lady broke her spine.
>>
>>10837322
So you got Sailor mooned?
>>
>>10837352
CARLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS
>>
When I went to work on Children's Day dressed as Ahri (League of Legends) and won the cosplay contest. That same day, when I was waiting for the bus at the stop, several children recognized and liked it, in general it was quite rewarding.
>>
When I was a kid I groped some chick's boobs at a con
She had huge boobs but she was a chubster
I ran away
Good times
>>
>>10837369
fox prostitute
>>
>>10837322
>My Little Penis
kek
>>
>>10837761
Not sure if autocorrect or joke
>>
>>10837322
Shifted my chair at tea and the it made a noise like I farted really loud and horrible. Almost changed comms afterward.
>>
>>10837322
At my second con where my friend's mom paid for our tickets, I didn't get to cosplay because me and my friend were going to do matching cosplay but she couldnt fit in her dress because she had gained weight. We even tried with a corset and it didnt work. She has an eating disorder. I felt so bad.
>>
My sister gave me last minute. tickets to a convention that was happening. She recommended that i wear my cosplay from the previous year so i agreed. I found the said cosplay melted together from under my bed for a long time so i had to violently pull it apart, thankfully my mom was there to patch it up a little.

I threw that costume straight to the garbage after the conventio
>>
>>10838043
That's not really your fault though
>>
File: Anime_69568a_6105111.jpg (38 KB, 356x352)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>be me at 15
>2nd or 3rd ever con
>Guy comes up to me and the person I was with
>Asks for photo
>He pulls out a disposable camera, too late to decline
>Snaps photos of us and then asks us about our shoes
>Takes pictures of shoes while moaning "oh yeah, those are good ones. Love those loafers."
>Asks for signature and pulls out 20 gel pens for us to pick which color we want to sign our names with
>Ok

It's been 7 years, that con doesn't exist anymore. I'm glad.
>>
File: momopunched.gif (2.68 MB, 634x384)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB GIF
>>10838537
>book a photog at the con
>get a text the morning before the shoot
>"I forgot to ask, I need to be familiar with your body before the photoshoot for the best results. Show up early and we can snap some pics of your spread asshole. No charge."
>kind of annoying but do it anyway, shoot goes great
>mfw he says he lost the film with the butthole pics
>>
File: cirnojak16.jpg (12 KB, 192x187)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
not wholesome at all: i saw some neckbeard cirno cosplayer, like 220+ lbs and retarded scream

i was cosplaying IQ from R6siege when this game wasn't fucking shit
>>
The time I went to AX and started puking because it was my first time drinking. A friend came to me and gave me a hot dog plus powerade
>>
>>10837322
went to a convention once with a female friend. Weird neckbeard taged along with us on the subway. He said that the series from which my friend was cosplaying from would be "a lot sexier if she had been the mc in it instead"

Also that one time there was this guy wearing a dress. He wasn't wearing underwear, we saw the whole package
>>
>>10837322

At the given moment, the only stories that stick out to me are

>Meeting Yagoo from CyGames during my first AX and at the same time finding out how much of a cunt half the west coast cosplay scene can be from just me being friendly and complimenting cosplays. (Granblue.)

>Going to Texas for my first solo con and spending two days with an entire group of strangers doing Rainbow Six photoshoots.

>Finding out the hard way why you don't double dip or go after used goods in the con scene because cosplayers have a shelf life of like 2 weeks and are there to FUCK and my innocent ass not knowing that until it was too late.
>>
>>10838909
>cosplayers have a shelf life of like 2 weeks
what the fuck does this mean
>>
>>10838639
Why is there a high quality video of Momokun getting punched lmao
>>
>>10838977
it's from some shit umineko fanshit video.
>>
>>10837322
Saw a Goku cosplayer get arrested and never learned what for.
>>
>>10839599
For cosplaying Goku, duh
>>
>be me, 1st con @ age 14
>went with friends, had lots of fun despite cosplaying human lapis lazuli and looking like shit
>see pink fortnite bear
>cuddle team leader walks up to friend and i and reaches hand out and doesn't say anything
>oh no
>get led into the back hallway with the friend but get called back by our guardian
later on there was a callout post on instagram, first experience with a con creep and thankfully there haven't been any more like that
>>
>>10838909
Shut the fuck up San, god are you STILL hanging on to the victim complex “every cosplayer is shitty and toxic but me” shit?
>>
>>10837322

Wholesome: Little girls who want a picture with the princess who looks like them.

Kickass: getting to look after a voice actor, he invited me to lunch and dinner.

Less wholesome: some dude asking for a pic and wrapping his arm around me so he could get some sideboob (I was in a fleece costume, he couldn't have felt anything)

Sad: Making a really nice cosplay but the creators of the series royally fucked up the ending of the show so even though it's made well, fully lined, spot on, and took a fair amount of time to make...no one cares cause the ending was so bad no one wants to remember that shit.
>>
>>10839769
>the creators of the series royally fucked up the ending of the show
Seinfeld?
>>
>>10839769
>the creators of the series royally fucked up the ending of the show
The Sopranos?
>>
>>10837322
Back in 2018, me and my friends tried to sing Ren'ai Circulation at the karaoke while (slightly) drunk. we did terrible lmao
it sounds like a simple thing, but it's a memory I'm fond of.
>>
>>10838977
That wasn't a punch. That was a slap.
>>
>>10838639
Holy shit youre retarded
>>
I got two that I might not have shared before.
>Group of friends went into boardgame room to check it out.
>Only female in the group stayed outside because she had a drink. >Spent 5 minutes looking around and came out to see some dude talking to her about her DS.
>Stay back a little and eavesdrop on convo.
>"What's your friendcode?"
>"Oh, uh I don't really play online, sorry."
>Idle chit-chat
>"Do you have a facebook?"
>"Oh no, I don't do social media"
>More idle chit-chat
>"Oh maybe we could meet up later and hang out! Do you have a cellphone?"
>"U-uhhh n-no"
I told one of our other friends to be ready to swoop in because I was gonna call her cell just to fuck with her a little. Called it and it went off, and one of our buddies walked up to her and got her out of the situation. We all had a good laugh at that guys expense and the situation in general later.
>Be in game room, turnt as fuck.
>My group is just looking at shit.
>See laptops set up with headphones and youtube open on a lot of them.
>Walk up to one.
>Unmute youtube and the computer.
>Hear the music playing over loudspeakers very quietly.
>Mute quickly.
>Start laughing as we load up our meme song.
>Turn youtube and computer to full blast.
>Hit play and unmute computer.
>Music starts blaring over the loudspeaker
>"MY MIND'S TELLIN ME NO"
>Laughing, quickly walk away and watch everyone in gameroom reacting.
>"BUT MY BODY, MY BODY'S TELLING ME YEEESSSS"
>Everyone's stopped doing what they were doing, looking around in confusion.
>"I DON'T WANNA HURT NOBODY, BUT THERE'S SOMETHING I MUST CONFESSSSSS. TO YOU"
>See staff scrambling toward the computers up front to find which one was blaring music.
>"THERE AIN'T NOTHIN WRONG, WITH A LITTLE BUMP AND GRIND".
>Laughing, we leave the game room before we get busted.
>>
File: distracteduranus.jpg (144 KB, 1080x834)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
>>10839996
Sounds like someone's scared to take the butthole inspection.

We had a girl in our comm like you. She got called in for a random anal measuring, where they found out her asshole was 3mm below minimum diameter. It was pretty sad because she started crying and spreading her cheeks, begging the elders to measure again until she finally ran away crying with her bloomers around her ankles. They're letting her take the test again next weekend, and if her hole still isn't regulation she's suspended for six months. If she fails again after that, exiled completely.

Personally I think the test is bullshit until elasticity is taken into account. I barely passed inspection because I'm a grower, even though the comm mother said I'd have gotten perfect ranks if we didn't insist on measuring at full pucker.
>>
>>10840103
Same.
>>
I went to my first con and I felt ugly throughout the whole day. Made a bunch of awkward eye contact with people as I pass by them. I was too nervous to ask people for pictures and I felt too ugly to be included in a photo with anyone. I felt like everyone would be offended if I dared talk to them. Everyone else looked so great. I did not have a great time. I almost cried.
>>
>>10837322
Why the FUCK wasn't she wearing panty??
>>
>be at large con
>friend and I are cosplaying from the same series
>someone comes up and compliments our cosplays
>gives us keychains of our characters
>turns out they’re an artist who couldn’t get a table that year
>they decided to bring their merch with factory flaws to give away for free
>>
>>10841698
because FUCK panties
>>
>>10837322
She deserved it, fuck her and her spine
>>
>>10841698
Maybe she prefers Stocking.
>>
>>10843266
lol
>>
Wholsome:

>hanging out with guests in their party room and chatting with them

>missing most of the dumb local drama that happened in various party rooms and just catching the fun stuff like music and weed

>accidentally meeting Mystery Skulls

>All the sweet compliments on my cosplays from the non-congoers (staff, security, randoms who might just happen to be caught in the mix)

>That balcony party at Colossalcon one of y'all threw. It was fun. Makes me wanna go back to Colossal

>Cute little con romance with a rhythm gamer where we both played games together the whole weekend and cuddled in each other's rooms

>Celebrating my bff's birthday at con and seeing how happy he gets every time

Less Wholesome:

>Accidentally banged my knee on a PIU cab trying play while slightly tipsy

>Got bedbugs on my favorite set of pajamas after finally deciding to check out the video room. Immediately bathed.

>Got too drunk at a con and threw up on my seifuku and, apparently cursed out my friend

>A dude I use to like tried to get some girl he barely wanted to fight me. I just brushed them off

>Fell asleep in the hotel lobby at con trying to livestream bc I had too much tequila

Sad:

>Bff had was experiencing the start of a heatsroke at a con. We were only there for one day and had no room. Thankfully we had friends, but the person who had the room was a pos that wouldn't let me in to make sure my friend was properly taken care of. (Not a soul in there knows how to handle medical emergencies)

>Waking up in the middle of the night out of a drunken stupor to see my (now former) friend cheating on his (at the time) gf with her (now former) best friend. They were just next to me making out.

>I had a drink at a con that was possibly roofied and I got a kit done, someone did force themselves on me. The man was never found

>Ending up one of the victims of those Free Hugs Squad dudes
>>
>>10846944
A fling with a PIU dude was wholesome? Be careful anon the PIU comm, no matter which and where, are some of the most toxic idiotic ppl, not to include the amount of misogyny from the dudes in it
>>
>>10846966
Honestly, never knew that. I mostly kept to myself playing PIU bc my local comm doesn't have any rhythm gamers besides me and I haven't had a chance to feel out the extended community. But yeah, the guy was really nice. We still keep in touch, not too often tho bc he's usually busy with airline stuff, but when we do talk it's hearty and wholesome.
>>
>>10840103
Honest to god I don't know what coomer larp this is or whatever but I don't care please go on I am very intriuged.
>>
have a wholesome story from the recent con
>go to genshin impact cosplay meetup with my friend
>this nahida coser gets really attached to us
>turns out she's 14
>oh shit
>panic because i don't want to be accused of being a pedo/groomer
>thank goodness my friend is a girl
>learn that the nahida coser is a military kid/only child so doesn't have many friends, and her other friend ditched her
>be the best big sibling/friends we can be for the rest of the convention.
>on sunday her dad comes at the end to join her for the rest of the convention.
>hope that we were a good role model on the small nahida, and that she will continue to be a good person growing up.
>>
>>10846944
>balcony party
What was it like? I might be the one who hosted it.
>>
>>10839769
>Less wholesome: some dude asking for a pic and wrapping his arm around me so he could get some sideboob (I was in a fleece costume, he couldn't have felt anything)
that reminds me of my first con ever where a japanese tourist walked up and took a close up of my 11 year old chest (there was nothing there) and spats and my homeschooled brain didn't realize until years later what he was doing
also grown men at cons get really creepy with kids when the parents aren't looking
>>
>>10847178
I remember their was a pretty good DJ, an awesome Garterbelt cosplayer who gave me the rest of his Svedka vodka bottle, and everyone was super chill and actually danced. I think it was on Saturday. This was 2019.
>>
File: cluss.png (852 KB, 3600x2800)
852 KB
852 KB PNG
I was working at a small local Con a few years back
>I had to go the bathroom and I could hear some sobbing from one of the stalls, I looked from the other side and saw a disabled man, unable to get up.
>Turns out a bunch of guys ganged on him, stole his wheelchair and shoved him into the bathroom, he recalls it being around 3pm
>It was 8pm when I found him there, and the convention was about to close.
>I had to break the bathroom stall to get him outta there.
>I then drag him into the staff room while the other people at the con looked at us weirdly.
>Turns out the staff room doesn't have wheelchairs. Fuck.
>So I called the ambulances outside, but they already had their hands full after some people started a fight outside, not only that but there was a lot of traffic, so no ambulance or clinic.
>The man's friends had already taken the bus back to their city (1 hour away), they thought he had already quit early so that's why they didn't search for him.
>The man's family were also in that city so it would take a while for them to get here.
>"Guess we have no other choice"
>So I wasted the rest of that night caring for this disabled dude until his family came to pick him up.

A few days later I get a DM from the guy on Instagram, saying how much he wanted to thank me for taking care of him and how he already had the info of the dudes who ganged up on him.
Thank lord.

The most ironic thing of all and that he and his friends were all doing X-Men Cosplays (Stylized after the X-Men: Evolution cartoon) and cause he was the disabled guy, he cosplayed as Professor X.
>>
>>10847177
Considering the much degeneracy there is on Cosplays and Cons, you did a good thing
>>
>>10847940
You're a good dude for helping him.
>>
>>1084794 A toast to a good man who was at the right place at the right time
>>
>>10847940
Wtf kind of convention has disabled people getting beaten shitless at 3 in the afternoon??
>>
File: 1680360863944489.jpg (36 KB, 720x559)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>10838537
>dress up for attention
>go where there are a bunch of spergy nerds
>get asshurt when spergy nerds give you attention
>>
>>10847940
1/10 shitty story
>>
>Go to Ohayocon '23
>Found out "Keblo" is dead, and has been since November of '22
>WaitJustAminute.wav
>His nickname meant "to blog"
>Looked like a discount emo kid, but was like almost 40
>HolyShit.wav
>GNAA hated his guts
>His living friends didn't seem to know too much about his trolling
>Or predatory behavior at cons, and online
>facebook[d0†]/SideEffectKiKi
>One less child predator at cons is good news
Would I go in '24? Possibly, I don't see why not. But I'm going in a cosplay that makes me completely unrecognizable.
>>
>>10840103
>48 days later
Well, did she pass butthole inspection? Our comm passed, though one girl was disqualified after they caught her icing her hole before measurement.
>>
TFW only had my first con experience at age 24 recently
And only two hours
>>
>>10852561
Did you not enjoy yourself? I had my first con experience at 24 last year and it ended up being a lot more fun than I expected
>>
>>10850403
kek
>>
>>10852644
Hell it was great, i was wildly overstimulated by the sheer impressions
I'll definitely go to other conventions in the future
Might even try some cosplay
It's just sad I didn't start going sooner desu (well c*vid did it's part about that though)
>>
>>10840300
That's a you problem

Wear something super skimpy next time

I'll take a photo with you. I won't even hoverhand
>>
Anime Boston this year where I lost two close friends and reversed years of social progress within one weekend. I behaved like a clown so now I’m a sad pierrot
>>
>>10852864
What happened ?
>>
>>10840300
Are u female or male ?
>>
>>10852868

I was dressed up as Toko Fukuwa from Danganronpa. I was trying hard to be in character, but I was coming off as rude and creepy . I was getting down on all fours and allowing people to sit on me. I was also pretty drunk.
>>
>>10852876
Your close friends didn't enjoy this behavior so much so that you lost them as friends entirely? Sounds like pretty entertaining clowning around honestly
>>
>>10852876
If you lost friends like that based on drunken antics then they were never your friends. However, you should definitely explore assisted suicide options.
>>
>>10852869
I'm phenotypically male (with a penis) but I was born impotent and I have xx genetics. So I'm not quite sure how to answer your question. I've always been assumed to be a man but I really only orgasm from being fucked in the butt.
>>
>>10852891
>I was born impotent and I have xx genetics.
no.
>>
>>10852892
What do you mean no? My testicles don't work properly. They never have. They never will.
>>
>>10852893
having broken nads doesn't mean you have xx genetics lmao. plenty of infertile women are still women. you're still a man, just a broken one. did your mom live near a military base?
>>
>>10852923
I look like a male and have a penis but my generics are xx. I dont know what to tell you mate.
>>
>>10852923
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/XX_male_syndrome
dumbass.
>>
>>10852950
>>10852952
i wish zoomers never learned about these extremely rare genetic issues. just because it exists doesn't mean your snowflake ass has it.
>>
File: file.png (484 KB, 500x625)
484 KB
484 KB PNG
>>10852958
Please forgive me, I don't meant to get political but...
>zero drinks later
...but this really is the culmination of generational mind conditioning. At first, the needs of the many outweight the needs of the few. Then, the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many. And now, the needs of the few are the ONLY needs at all. And if yuore not in the few, you best join them. Know I'm sayin?
>>
>>10852958
you literally just decided this guy doesn't have it on a whim dude.
>>
>>10852965
Sorry you're having a meltdown because some men are impotent and I'm a weirdo with weird genetics. My doctor and therapist gives me great advice for dealign with whiners like you. But it sounds like maybe you need help and don't get it. I'll pray for you at chuch this Sunday.
>>
>>10852893
>My testicles don't work properly.
may I see them?
>>
File: 1454717173759.png (205 KB, 541x188)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
>>10837322
>went to Japan expo in Paris last year
>wanted to see Kotteri and buy the fourth volume of Veil and get something signed
>guys at the booth of the publishing company keep giving me contradicting instructions
>the first one tell me I should have bought a different copy of the exact same book but at another queue to be able to maybe get a ticket that would allow me to meet her ONLY after I bought the book and despite me asking how the whole thing is organized
>tells me to come back later today he'll do something about it
>keep in mind the two queues were around the booth in a perfect circle so it looked like there was only one for most con goers trying to buy stuff from them
>I come back later the same day, I receive different instructions
>I get told by the fourth guy that it's too late, come back the next day and buy a second copy of the book that we already you because.... because!
>already planned to take the train home the next day because I'm not from Paris
>the first day in Paris was utterly ruined right before that because my period was late and I stained the ENTIRE pair of shorts I was wearing under my dress in public so I couldn't even visit the city like I planned
>mfw

I don't have much to say about my local con, it's been a while since I went there and it's very normie-tier now, trying to attract clueless families to make them discover every country except Japan, despite the English word Japan being in the con's name.
>>
>>10853138
Nah.
>>
>>10853157
>buy a second copy of the book that we already you because.... because!
this is why I can't stand when cons let their Japanese guests' staff run things the Japanese way
>>
>>10853157
>make them discover every country except Japan, despite the English word Japan being in the con's name.
Wait, are you referring to Japan Expo or another one? I'd like to know, since I'm creating an itinerary for cons in Western Europe this summer and Japan Expo worked out well for the dates / route I want. Since if you DO mean Japan Expo, I'm guessing it's not worth it?
>>
>>10853168
Oh no, that was the French staff hired by the French publishing company trying to imitate Japanese events, and pretty badly at that. Japan Expo has a whole system to let con goers meet guests but the publishing company decided to do it differently for some reason, I guess the actual con organizers didn't give a shit about that specific artist. I easily managed to get an autograph from Yusuke Kozaki with the normal method so that made things even more confusing.

>>10853171
I live in Lyon, the local con there is Japan Touch (a word play on the phrase "French Touch" I think). This one isn't really worse it, the guests aren't interesting at all nowadays, the artist alley sucks ass with just the occasional good artist from an art school coming to get their names out there, but they're the exception, you'll eat way better Japanese and just Asian food in the city center of Lyon, so the only point would be to maybe befriend cosplayers.
>>
first convention I ever went to was a smaller con in austria. It was a 2 mile walk from the hotel room, not ideal but I can manage.

Half way through the walk, my feet are killing me, I bought some cheap mary janes because they were perfect for my cosplay. I figured out when we get there that one of the shoes dug into my ankle enough to make it bleed.

To make matters worse, my friend forgot her vaccination pass which was required to get in and the cherry on top is it starts to rain. So here I am with one of my feet bleeding, realizing i might have to walk back without some kind of rest in the rain. My friend starts freaking out over their missing pass and was franticly trying to contact a taxi.

After 10 mins of trying to get a cab, we manage to nab one and ride it back and quickly run up to the hotel room so my friend can her card and I can triple up on socks. On the way to and from the hotel it started pouring.

had a good time otherwise y2dg
>>
>>10839769
>Sad: Making a really nice cosplay but the creators of the series royally fucked up the ending of the show so even though it's made well, fully lined, spot on, and took a fair amount of time to make...no one cares cause the ending was so bad no one wants to remember that shit.
What show or thing?
>>
>>10839926
Kek
>>10852876
That's some bullshit. Guess they weren't really friends now where they
>>
File: R.png (66 KB, 388x223)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
wholesome
>Be plague doctor
>Walking around just chilling with the fellow con peasants
>See man with very dark complexion
>He loses his shit at the sight of me
>Ohshit.png
>"Bruh do you know the gangster paradise thing. Where there's this dude in like the same plague thing your wearing walking all thug? We gotta do it man!"
>Mfw this black dude is asking me to thug walk with him while his friends blast gangster's paradise
>Mfw I've been waiting for this
Not so wholesome
Some creep trying to get a "hug" from a good friend whose like a sister to me. This creepy reddit mod looking retard keeps on insisting even though she says no in a shy manner. Months later my friend tells me that con apparently had a creeper report on him. He's been spotted doing the same thing to many girls. Always asking for the same thing.
>Inb4 incel replies
Maybe don't go around looking like an ugly metro sexual who browses reddit all day. And don't go asking for a hug with every girl u meet
>>
File: psgchildhood.jpg (102 KB, 340x368)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>10837322
Probably the time I was setting up some shit the night before a con when one girl backed into me by accident and made me slam crotch first into the table corner. I saw stars, I thought my coochie exploded. She felt so bad she ran and bought me a soda, which I immediately pressed against my crotch. And the whole room made a big deal of checking on me while I sat in pain which was fucking embarrassing.

A better memory was "meeting" Ironmouse at Twitchcon. Unlike OP, I did not see that lady break her back.
>>
>>10837322
The first time I got called "menhera" was by the host of an Attack on Titan panel.
>>
My family always goes to cons but I never do. One time though my sister invited me to go to one and I reluctantly decided to try it out.
I was bored as sin.
I had no clue what to do. I didn't know anyone there beyond my sister who was busy and I'm not the kind of person who just makes friends with strangers. I wandered around the con and made several laps of that. Then I got bored and started exploring. I entered the main hotel area and there was a Billiards table. I started playing Pool by myself and swapping out to my "opponent" whenever it was their turn. Later my sister stopped by and we played together but then some hotel guest was a real bitch and kicked us out because she wanted to use the room. Technically I wasn't supposed to be there so I had to relent.
After that my sister left again to go to her friends that she made at the con or whatever. I decided to start wandering outside of the con and found this little town center. I walked around that for a while then later headed back in. I was getting pretty exhausted at that point. I went into the main hotel area and went up the elevator. I started to explore some of the hallways and I walked past a bunch of guest rooms. I found a little corner at the end of the hall and sat down on the floor for a second and accidentally dozed off. Next thing I knew I was being scolded by a janitor telling me I had to get the hell out of there. Then I wandered around the town center again then later went up to the top floor of the con center. It was night at that point and I didn't get out much, so I watched across the balcony as I stared wistfully at the city all lit up and it looked really nice. Then some girl asked if I was ok and said that jumping "wasn't worth it", I guess because I was getting so caught up in the view so I bitterly left that area. Then I just waited for the con to be over so I could go home

Cons just aren't for everyone. I've gone to a couple others since then but they've all gone about the same.
>>
>>10837322
Saw a Goku cosplayer get arrested at Moomoocon in like 2016. Or at least, police escorted him out of the building in full cosplay.
>>
File: happy Erika.png (2.4 MB, 1920x1080)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
My home con from last year
>I spend literally a fucking week leading up to it, doing nonstop prepping and calls and arrangements
>In 5 minutes of arriving already swarmed with people who wanna talk or take pictures
>Shocked that I'm already drained by an hour and a half into day 1
>Told about "the party plans" that night from two people, wonder how everybody's gonna make it
>Gets late, notice literally every group I know is standing outside, they all start forming together
>Realize the two parties were the same room, but people phrased it differently
>Line out the door, booted immediately
>Host has a second room so no problem
>Second attempt goes off without a hitch, everyone tastefully sauced without going off the deep end
10/10. Plenty of other stuff in there too, like hosting my first panel ever to a VERY crowded room.
>>
won first place in a game tournament at the first con i planned to visit and had fun at (regardless of the tournament)
>>
>>10837322
A-Kon 2015 had the naked dude taken out of the rave by the cops, the coked up guy who threw the chair off the 20th floor balcony in the atrium, and the Luffy cosplayer who flashed his nuts while going down the glass elevator.
I think that was also the year someone pulled the fire alarm at 4 AM.
>>
>>10863218
I was the Luffy
>>
>>10849675
It’s good con etiquette to only photograph people with their consent, and to not pressure people for things.
>>
>>10863218
you forgot the guy who stuck his dick in the Koi pond hoping they'd suck him off

>>10863245
hi Joey, not surprised you use 4chan
>>
>>10837322

One of my most favorite memories from a con was ACEN back years and years ago; chilled outside late at night outside our Hotel smoking a cig and was asked for a lighter by a goth furry outside. Never talked to any furries before but they were super nice and chill and we had a little circle of people all talking about music and anime we liked and chain smoked cigs and it was super wholesome. People from all different backgrounds/cosplays just chillin' after a long con/post-parties.
>>
File: 1686676719759149.png (99 KB, 100x9999)
99 KB
99 KB PNG
>>10837352
oh carlos, you can stay <3
>>
>>10840300
same
>>
File: homelander-stare.gif (1.38 MB, 640x412)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB GIF
Good: I cosplayed the heavy from tf2 and made the prop minigun with cardboard and duck tape and had some qt ask if she could pose with the minigun for her photo.

Bad: The one time I went to the bathroom and was washing my hands a dude went to the sink next to me with his penis out.
>>
I saw a Chris chan cosplayer and thought it was super funny and neat, so I got a picture with them.
But that was way before, you know, all of that stuff happened.
>>
>>10871452
CWC cosplay is more popular than ever
>>
>>10852876

Former Togami cosplayer here (and arguably an originator of the sitting couples cosplay meme.) If I were with you, I’d have bullied the shit out of you.

>Ewww careful with that big tongue, Toko Fukawa!! So gross, why don’t you wear a mask???
>WOW TOUKO FUKAWA BE CAREFUL WITH THAT KNIFE!!
>Gosh TOUKO FUKAWA you are soooo quiet and literary.
>Ahhh, I’m so tired from walking around the school all day! Hey TOUKO FUKAWA, let me sit on you!
>Hey TOUKO FUKAWA, I think I saw Togami in this dark alleyway!! Quick come with me!
>*plap plap plap* OH YEAH TOUKO FUKAWA YOU ARE SOOO SHY AND SUBMISSIVE!! I can’t believe you just let me rape you and creampie you multiple times like this, TOUKO FUKAWA!
>Drop a Togami fanservice line mid-rape so I don’t get metoo’d later, then resume bullying.
>>
>>10871516

Good. I am utter trash.
>>
>>10847177
Wholesome as shit.
I had something similar happe.. My GF and I somehow got to talking to a ~ 14yo dressed as Mai from Rascal does not Dream etc. She looked....a little too young and her outfit was very revealing, and she was handsy as hell. Felt weird but my GF got along with her well enough (we were mid-20s).
Turned out wholesome, she was actually very recently ex-mormon and essentially had 0 clue about social and physical cues, she just touched everyone because she didn't know any better. No real friends, parents didn't know/understand cons so she was just out on her own, we all hung out once I realized it was innocent enough. Definitely had a few older predator beta orbitters who had caught on that she was naive but once she started hanging with us, my GF and I became pretty protective of her and they buzzed off. She had a blast, we had a blast being her surrogate parents of sort. Still randomly keep in touch now and then, but I felt pretty great about it.
>>
File: IMG_1232.jpg (174 KB, 1024x728)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>10838918
It speaks of the mercurial nature of the cosplayer, it is uncommon that they maintain the same appearance for more than two weeks.
>>
>>10872745
>people that dress up in costumes look different

No shit. What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>10872771
Cosplayers change costumes, whenever they change costumes the character that they cosplayed as ‘dies’ or something. I was trying to make sense of what the anon I replied to said even though he was trolling.
>>
>>10837322
Some random woman I didn't know at otakon 2012 came up to me and kissed me on the mouth. I was 14 or 15 at the time. I don't think she knew I was underage. Also I'm female too and wasn't dressed as a male character.
>>
File: 1676405236710445.png (115 KB, 283x262)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>10837322
Bit of a creeper moment I may have been complicit in. Happened last weekend.

>Sunday of all weekend convention
>Be with girlfriend and other friend
>They go to the restroom
>Tired so wait up on a bench
>Sit next to a girl in lolita fashion
>She strikes up conversation and makes small talk with me
>Old photographer dude walks up to her and asks for her picture
>She agrees and he makes the picture
>Suddenly he gets really jumpy and starts sitting on the bench next to where she sat
>He crushes her belongings with his ass being a spazz
>He then shoves his mobile phone into my hand prompting me to take pictures
>In the moment I go along with it
>While I'm taking the picture I see her face
>She looks super uncomfortable
>After taking a picture I return the phone to him and bail
>Feel bad for her afterward
>Think on the situation so more and realize what I've done

Should have said something
>>
>>10837322
>16 years old when Anime was on the verge of becoming cool
>Highschool group is a mix of gymbros and anime nerds
>Decide to join in on a sailor moon cosplay group with my friends because it would be lulz despite not really liking anime at the time
>Get to con and get a decent reaction
>Some mild aged autistic women keeps following us around
>Keeps telling us about how confident we were and how sexy that is
>"I want my husband to come to one of these events but the only time he dresses up for me is when we have sex"
>We all start fake laughing and nope the fuck away from her
>All go into hysterics about it after we ditch her.
>>
>>10871452
>cosplayer
That was CWC himself my man, now take another shower
>>
>be me, post with name on /cgl/
>meet hot girl online who got posted on /cgl/ frequently
>she has a bf, i play it cool
>meet at a large con
>she comes to my room the one night im resting
>don’t hang out rest of con
>she breaks up with bf later but we stop talking for several years, lives go in different directions
>during lockdowns, make a joke on social media about a vidya game, she likes the post
>spend a week debating on DMing her
>reconnect and then start dating within two weeks
>been together for almost 3 years now, live together. Feels good man

moral of the story: don’t be an incel. It’s that easy
>>
>>10871665
that is very sweet and nice
>>10847177
the world honestly need more people like you guys
>inb4 cheesey copy paste line
i mean it.
>>
>>10852855
had my first convention at like 28, maybe 29. still going :) don't lament that you were late to the party, instead, enjoy it while it lasts!
>>
File: sora no woto.jpg (678 KB, 2560x1600)
678 KB
678 KB JPG
>>10860615
need more info, sounds too good.
what did you cosplay as?
p.s. for anyone else who gets drained at cons, i often take little breaks, bring a book to read or chill in the video game area for 10 mins every hour or two. replenishes my stamina.
>>
>>10879180
>several years
>don’t be an incel. It’s that easy
you know several implies "more than seven"
>>
File: vault dweller.jpg (134 KB, 322x773)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>10837322
I cosplayed a vault dweller, but with lots of detail in my cosplay, little trinkets from the wasteland like a pipe pistol, and bottle caps. i would give caps to anyone who played fallout and made it known to me.
>"get a nuka cola on me""
went down a storm!
Then, this one really normal looking woman with her baby approaches me, she's actually good looking and a healthy weight, doesn't look like some kind of degenerate gamer but says she's secretly a massive gamer, played fallout since fallout 1! I give her a bottle cap and she is made up, she can't get over seeing a vault dweller irl and she notices all the little details in my cosplay, I think it was possibly the highlight of the con for her. no one else has ever appreciated one of my cosplays as much.
>>
Oh boy. Here goes:

>invite younger online friend I’ll call M to small local con to get her out of her pokey town devoid of culture
>she’s 19, I assume she already has some basic adult reservations down
>M explains prior she has anxiety issues, already kinda know she’s got MH stuff but so have I and many other friends, no biggie.
>reassure M it’s a small con and if any issues arise I will help
>also explain I wanna introduce her to my friends so she can meet people into the same series as her

>day of con arrives
>relatively empty, slowly starts to fill
>M says barely nothing to me
>assume it’s just jitters, don’t press for convo
>go into artist alley where it’s a little busier
>start looking at a few stalls for a couple of mins, M is behind me still silent
>Turn around
>’Hey M-‘
>her entire cheek is POURING with blood from self inflicted wound
>shit shit shit shit shit
>get her to first aid panicking that I’ve pushed her out of her depth (even though she gave no signal of distress or tried to alert my attention)
>understand it’s panic attack symptoms, try to understand what’s going on, even an hour later she is barely talking
>don’t know what to do, slowly regretting inviting this friend because her issues are clearly too complex for my ability to safely deal with
>find friends and we all go sit on a nearby bar to cool off from events
>Friends all get talking, I try to incorporate her into the conversation
>M still silent
>get up to buy a drink
>second I sit down with drink M asks to go back to hotel room
>1000% not comfortable leaving this person alone in a hotel room so tell her she will have to wait til I finish drink (bar was quiet and cool seen as it was daytime, no reason to be too overwhelming)
>>
>>10885621
>in mean time me and friends talk about doing a certain event at the con the next day
>later on at the hotel I try to ask her about how the day was
>she explained she felt quite insecure due to the fact I’m an accomplished cosplayer of over 10 years and had a few people compliment me
>reassure her I only got to this point because of the time it took to practice and get to know ppl in the scene. Tell her I’ll always be open to helping her where and if needed as I’ve always done

>next day arrives, fucked from lack of sleep due to M thrashing and screaming in her sleep due to night terrors (which I understand aren’t her fault but after what had happened the day before I was really shook)
>decide this time to get M’s parent’s number who is staying nearby just in case of a repeat of the day prior
>get to con, same thing as day before, M quiet and not speaking
>friendship group all wait over an hour to go do thing we discussed the day before
>’are u ok to do this M?’
>’sure, anon’
>at thing, again sat talking with friends, good times.jpg
>all of my friendship group have privately told me they don’t want to pressure M to talking in case it upsets her so I try to involve her again to no avail
>ten mins after I sit down to do thing, and thing I ordered arrives, she gets up and leaves. No words, stands up and bolts. She just leaves.
>shit shit shit shit shit
>have to abandon thing I just waited an hour for to find her
>find her outside the con hall, thank fuck she’s ok
>’M, I left my phone at the table I need to go back inside to get it to call ur parent. Please wait here’
>come back
>she’s gone
>WHATHEFUCK.jpg
>her parent tuns up
>have to explain wtf just happened in two flat seconds so we can find her
>we find her
>parent takes her away
>rest of con is chill with other friends
>con ends
>>
>>10885623
At this point I’m still very reciprocal of her feelings over what has happened. Her parent explains she likely thinks she’s ruined my day. Reassure her that’s not the case (even though it kind of is but I’m more angry at her parent’s negligence in even letting her come to this event in the knowledge she engages in this sort of behaviour more than her, but I brush that off for now)

Three weeks later I learn the truth:

>Post something on instagram to do with series we both like
>I get a comment notification from M replying to another comment from a follower
>she’s accusing me of baseless homophobia on my public facing career page
>scroll my feed and she’s posted a pic of the wound she inflicted on herself TAKEN AT THE CON
>whatheactuallivingfuck.jpg
>confront her about it
>pulls some ‘I don’t remember bullshit’ the day after and then says she had ‘jealous thoughts just like the ones at (con)’ when pressed
>wat
>realise now how everything fits into place
>she was literally that jealous of me having friends and being confident in myself as a person that she sabotaged my happiness at that con because she couldn’t have it for herself even though I tried my damned hardest to involve her and give her a good time

Like my god, I get that some people have issues but this was some next level toxic bullshit. I needed to get that off my chest because it still angers me to think about. I genuinely just wanted to give a younger person than me a good time and to experience the things I did when I was her age but I had it thrown back at me. I understand some aspects like the anxiety and the social phobia (all of which I have suffered with) but fuck me, I never tried to guilt trip anyone or slander them on social media out of pure envy. This girl needs serious mental help.
>>
>>10885621
>>her entire cheek is POURING with blood from self inflicted wound
What, did she just scratch the shit out of her own face?
>>
>>10885624
That's what small town life and american christianity will do to a motherfucker. She needs therapy and to get away from her family.
>>
>>10885700
Yep, her own hands.
>>
>>10885624
>she was literally that jealous of me having friends and being confident in myself as a person that she sabotaged my happiness at that con because she couldn’t have it for herself even though I tried my damned hardest to involve her and give her a good time
glad you figured this out, she was mega fucked up
>>10885705
hope you can figure out as much as the anon you replied to did, because you are so far from the mark it's disappointing. guarantee you it was her family that did something fucked up to her, guarantee Christianity and being in a small town didn't fuck her up
t. fucked up city dweller raised by non-christians.
>>
>>10885770
Yeah sure you are. Ur from the scariest part of Omaha
>>
>>10837322
I got impregnated by a Kamina cosplayer after he gave me (at 16) a ton of tequila. My child is now 13 years old and I love her.
>>
>>10837322
I cosplayed Soldier 76 at Weebcon this year, and made a point of showing up to the Overwatch meetup since it was only my second time cosplaying and I wanted to go to a meetup properly dressed for once. I ended up being the only cosplayer that showed up on time, eventually a Mercy showed up and we took a few photos together but that was it. It was fun having an exhibit hall all to myself and my buddies, but the very low turnout also contributed to me dropping out of the Overwatch fandom a short while after that convention.
>>
>>10863218
I wish that's how I experienced A-Kon 2015, that was back when I left cons early, so I missed out on late night drunk A-Kon and now that's basically gone AFAIK.
>>
>>10885813
what a chad.
>>
>>10885772
no assumption any anon has ever made about me has ever been correct. they are usually the polar opposite of reality.
>>
>>10886203
But anon has never lied, rite
>>
A wholesome one that happened to me this year:

>I cosplay as The Joker, this being the 2nd time I do it
>Try to make it more dynamic, so I bring tons of candy with me to toss around
>There's this cosplay contest where cosplayers walk around and show up, I jump in
>Grab my purple hat and toss tons of candy inside it
>Some get close and ask for candy, some don't
>My turn to walk in comes
>There's a lot of people around me, even a Batman cosplayer in the crowd
>I point at him and make a little show
>Realize I'm surrounded by tons of kids too
>I lift down my hat offering the candy
>Suddenly, tons of hands surround the hat and grab it
>It gets to a point where they almost pull me into the ground because, hey, free candy
>Finish my walking and wait for the results while giving candy to some other random people that came in and asked about it

I didn't win, but I will always save this memory.
>>
>>10838296
>You can not feel bad for something bad happening to someone you care about even if it is not your fault
Must be sad to be you
>>
>>10839599
>>10839644
Google says the chief executive of a Chinese online retailer was "briefly arrested" in the US for "sexual misconduct" and actually had his mugshot made while STILL wearing his Goku costume, but can't confirm is the same guy. Not sure of how many guys have been arrested in the US while wearing a Goku costume.
>>
>>10886203
Yet you feel free to make asumptions. Fascinating.
>>
>>10886440
When kids are involved, it's always special. This one for you, Anon
>not cosplay con but renfair-style event (hey, period garb IS /cgl/, so it totally counts)
>demostration of swordplay with a twist
>done by 5-old girl, daughter of HEMA guy that may or may not be me
>girl dressed as princess, guy as "evil knight", feigns to takes her from her mothe's arms and challenges anyone to try and rescue her
>plan for the swordplay demo is obviously for the girl to grab a sword and rescue herself
>have to cut the whole scene short because several dozens 5-olds in... "at least they try"-tier period garb, armed with wooden swords, swarm over the guy and threaten to beat the crap out of him
>most wholesome beatdown of a full grown adult by a bunch of kids I've ever seen
>>
>>10886542
That's very wholesome, anon, and I agree a lot, this kind of moments are always special. Hopefully next year I get to try new things tho (part of me wishes to do a team-up cosplay with someone or at least enter a cosplay group in one of this comic cons they do here, but I don't know much people inside those circles so I have to go solo for now).
>>
one time a homeless drunk man came over and asked me for tacos. my friends went away when he was talking to me lol. mexico is fucking magic
>>
>>10886542
>When kids are involved, it's always special.
i don't have any super notable story, it's always adorable when lil kids come up and ask for a picture

although at my latest con where I was doing a metal gear cosplay I had a several kids ask if I was a real soldier when outside of the convention center that was pretty funny
>>
>>10886536
Anyone who says this also never says who they actually are.
>>
>>10837322
Wholesome: I have a few memories. My first con with my friends. Meeting cousin/fave ranger. Spending time with con guests at Anime Midwest and Midwest Media Expo. Seeing Shing02 perfom live and getting to talk with him.

Less wholesome: I fucked up my knee trying to play Pump while tipsy. I also accidentally shut down a room party by asking if it was gay to suck your dick.

Least wholesome: I got way too drunk one time at Colossalcon and fucked up my favorite seifuku. Also had to hear about how my friend almost beat up some dude who tried to choke him out at room party.

Sad: Got raped at a con by someone I helped back to their room bc them and their friend spiked the liqour at the party to try get a bunch of other people. Then I almost got kidnapped years later at another con.
>>
>>10847177
We need more wholesome stories.

>Con in 2012.
>Having a great time.
>Look over and see some big guy hugging someone.
>It's this kid in a home made cosplay getting comforted by his dad.
>Kid looks absolutly defeated.
>Feel horrible.
>See he has a pikmin doll.
>Realise that he's supposed to be Olimar and probably not a single person recongised him givin how home made it was.
>"Hey, are you supposed to be Captin Olimar?"
>Kid looks at me in pure confusion, before realising that I did get his cosplay.
>Instantly lights up.
>Do a little photo shoot with him.
>Other people start joining in as well once.
>Kid is now over the fucking moon.
>Start talking about pikmin.
>This kid loves pikmin so much that he ended up joining his schools gardening club and starts talking about gardening and how they grow veggies and shit.
>Finally part and watch them walk away completely happy.

I hope he's still growing pikmin.
>>
>>10853668
Lmao. I had something similar.

>Youmacon some time ago.
>Be white.
>Brother decides to show up, claiming he has a cosplay.
>He bought a rubber spartan mask and says he's MF Doom.
>Not only do I not think anyone will get it, but a white boy dressing up as a black rapper in Detroit is just beging for it.
>We get in the elevators and get to the lobby.
>Doors open up and there is just a giant group of black people who don't even look like they are part of the con.
>Eyes meet.
>"YO THIS NIGGA IS FUCKING MF DOOM! I TOLD YOU THIS FUCKING PLACE WAS GOD DAMN DOPE AS SHIT!"
>They all start talking about MF Doom and rap lore.
>Get invited to their room party which was pretty god damn rachet but was still fun.
>>
>>10887022
This is so fucking Detroit
Peak Peak Peak
>>
>>10839599
I saw a goku get arrested at metrocon years ago, he was grabbing people from behind and pressing his viagra fueled erection in them
>>
>>10837322
CC Prime 2021. Someone busted out a yaoi paddle at the villas saturday night. All the drunk girls offered themselves to get smacked in the ass once. I went up there cosplaying deku in his hero suit and took 3 smacks to the ass. My ass is made of steel so it didn't faze me, plus I was torched.

Next time I showered I caught a glimpse in the mirror. My ass looked like an eggplant.
>>
>>10887015
That's lovely :3
>>
>>10885624
That's really messed up. I hope she finds peace
>>
>>10886180
>Soldier 76
>This far into Overwatch's death spiral
I commend you for going for it but frankly I'm surprised they even had a cosplay meet.
>>
>>10887503
Overwatch has become a porn fandom with a video game community on the side, really.
>>
Very minor but I have one that I won't forget-

Wholesome-
>Phoenix Comicon, cant exactly remember when, maybe 2014?
>Go as duo with buddy, I'm Jacket and he's Helmet (Hotline Miami)
>Tons of people asking for pics, generally really fun
>A few hours in, he and I notice another Jacket/Helmet duo at the same time
>Almost like we planned it, other Jacket and I point at each other from the 20~ meters away when we notice eachother to point out to fellow Helmet
>Other Helmet turns to look at us, and in one very swift and fast motion, immediately slaps his Helmet visor shield down and starts sprinting towards us
>Buddy and I burst into laughter
>End up taking a bunch of photos together and enjoy some small talk about the game

Just a cool coincidence, haha

Sad-
>Same friend was the one who drove me into Phoenix and to the con, implied his Uncle who lived there would be housing us,
>Only after actually arriving in Phoenix drops the bomb on me, "Yeah sorry anon my Uncle doesn't have space for you or know you so you're gonna have to find your own place."
>...
>End up having to spend a ton of money booking a hotel for a night there

Ugly-(?)
>At the time, be a relentless coomer [spoiler] (Who am I kidding, still am) [/spoiler]
>Be horny and lonely after con alone in hotel room without buddy cause I got no game
>Get a callgirl, cute vietnamese/native american mix
>Be friendly with her and put on some music and such, in conversation and seeing my cosplay sitting out tell her about the con and she's actually good at her job and does great work pretending to care about it.
>Get an awesome blowjob and footjob with her in pantyhose I bought specifically for it.
>She bills me for an hour but ends up staying quite a bit longer cuddling and small talking over a few drinks before and after the deed

Definitely won't forget that con, was a blast.
>>
File: SNV31803.jpg (2.98 MB, 3072x2304)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
Pathetic/Funny
>London MCM after party many years ago
>after party is small private, you must have bought tickets way beforehand, maybe 100 people tops there
>Vic Mignogna (American VA for Edward Elric) is at the party
>2 girls who are probably borderline legal age are flirting hard with Vic
>vast amounts of alcohol are consumed
>I'm sitting at the bar sipping my drink looking at the absolute state of these slags dancing with the hot shot
>one of the girls straight up passes out and collapse
>her friend tends to her
>someone taps Vic on the shoulder (maybe security) and tells him to leave
>he leaves without interacting/helping the passed out girl
>friend carries passed out girl out the room
>when all have left there is a chuckle and much small talk/shit talking over what happened.
>>
Cosplayed as Chocola for a con, got a couple pictures throughout the day, but the most memorable was this miku cosplayer who had on like a full suit almost with the anime face and everything (hard to explain lol) but it looked pretty cool. Anyway when we waved at each other and the guy with them took pics and they like patted my head, ik it sounds stupid it was just like unexpected but pleasant, yk? Anyways yeah :)
>>
File: E6Q0UOHX0AUA_ob.jpg (130 KB, 800x1202)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>10888809
>like a full suit almost with the anime face and everything (hard to explain lol)

Sounds like Animegao Kigurumi, did it look like this?

BTW you're supposed to be over 18 to post on 4chan...
>>
>>10837322
This all happened at the same con. I was cosplaying as a system tech, because... well, I was system teching the breakout rooms.

>Sailor Meeseeks runs up and hugs me, then runs off... just some dude in a Sailor Moon/Mr. Meeseeks combo costume. Didn't say a word. Didn't make a sound.
>Adorable chubby girl in a Felicia costume jogs up to me in tears, saying a guy took her bag with her clothing (to be fair, I'm a big guy, dressed all in black with cargo pants brimming with gadgets - I did look very security-esque). We catch him at the 2nd floor coffee kiosk, and I started clicking this massive pair of pliers I had on me. I forget the exact threat I made, but it was something like "If I were to open that bag and see a woman's XL Blue Sun T-shirt, how many of your teeth would I have to pull to get it back to its rightful owner?" I'm glad the answer was zero. I got the three of us coffees, got an apology out of him, and warned real security to nab him if he was carrying any sort of bag for the rest of the con. Felt good.
>Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk joked around with me/at my expense for my gentle touch getting them lav'd up after lunch on the last day. Something about "The steady, practiced hands of a prison proctologist."
>>
I have not been to a con yet in my entire life despite living near one of the biggest convention sites in the US.

>tfw ywn go to an early 2000s anime con and enjoy the spoils of autism before it got "popular"
>tfw missed touhoufest last year
I want to try and go to one soon, next year maybe if I'm lucky.
>>
>>10837322
No pics of Sailor cute-ass? That's the mayor crime here
>>
>>10853122
Your therapist told you to be a passive aggressive faggot with a victim complex when someone calls your generation a bunch of passive aggressive faggots with victim complexes?
That is a shit therapist.
>>
>>10893473
touhou fest has more petty normie drama than all the other cons combined into one.
>>
>>10893528
>drama
not once did I even consider drama would even arise at an event like that so I'm guessing its only people who think they're important who talk about it which means that small % is meaningless.
>>
>>10893532
not at all, you're probably just not aware of it if you're not in a local community. touhou has some off the most drama i have ever seen. especially after zungate
>>
>>10893534
I don't think I'd bother to care even if I lived locally.
>>
>>10893535
being naive doesn't change the reality. no one cares if you care, it's just a fact that it exists.
>>
>>10893542
>naive
don't care for the petty gossip
gf
>>
>>10893473
what types of cons dont have normies? i wanna go to my first and i was thinking of a nearby furcon, but i might try different ones like maybe some kind of horror or anime con. im worried about going to my first con and being verbally harassed by normies or something. i just wanna talk to people and have fun, maybe even bring a friend
>>
>host a stand-up comedy panel
>organize the event by winging it
>get musical guests
>panel was a success, 200+ people in attendance while competing with masquerade
>band plays outside the con center after the panel, starts playing The Real Folk Blues
>a few dozen people sing it together by the fountains

just one of many adventures and moments of good troublemaking in my years at cons
>>
File: 1686624445413952.jpg (306 KB, 1915x1080)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>Go to a rave
>dancing around on the first night, having a good time seeing nerds cut loose
>the music fucking sucks
>we gotta make our own fun I suppose
>some black guys start dancing off in the middle
>their friends and I push people back a until we have an empty six foot circle in the middle
>we start wobbling with the beat as people jump in
>one guy jumps in as the other two walk back into the crowd and starts breakdancing
>I start clapping in time with the beat
>everyone does
>he starts going hard
>I was drunk so I start punctuating my claps with shouts of "AY"
>everyone around the rim of the circle joins in
>the entire night and the next night, you stand in a circle around the dancers clapping and shouting "AY, AY, AY, AY, AY" with the beat
>people jump in and do their dances before walking back into the crowd
>if the circle is empty for too long, someone in the ring gets shoved in and they HAVE to dance
>I'm always in the ring because this is where the action is so I'm handing my snufkin hat off to random guys and going in
>I get shoved in for the eighth time
>standing in the middle, blinking with confusion and trying to figure out what dance to do that I haven't already
>error.jpg
>I drop to the floor and plank
>the crowd stares at me in dead silence for ten seconds. I refuse to drop the bit despite my fear
>as soon as the eleven seconds pss, someone goes "YOOOOOOOO" and the people cheer
>seven guys rush in and plank
>we all stay down and see who can last the longest
>the ones who fail proceed to encourage the ones who are still going
>three waves of dudes come in trying to outlast me
>fat chance
>I stay down in perfect position for 4 minutes
>one Luffy guy jumps in and decides he will defeat me
>We hold out until the very end, it's just the two of us
>I start rocking my hips back and forth just to fuck with him
>he's sweating (so am I lol)
>look him in the eyes and grin, he starts rocking his hips too
>he caves
>Everyone cheers
>>
>>10838537
you deserved it for not punching him in the face
>>
>>10837322
Wholesome: went as a Usagi in a full blown Sailor Moon group. (All senshi present.) Great group photos, all dear fiends. Fantastic time going to panels together and getting into full photo ops on the floor.

Sad: pervert kept trying to get upskirt photographs of us day 1. We all had to complain and get him ejected mid day 1.

Less wholesome: met a tuxedo mask during the rave night 1. Things got flirty and we eneded up back in his room. Full blown con sex in character. (I still cringe that I actually did this.)

Stupid: I was 19 and fresh on the pill earlier that year, went raw and rode him till he blew in me. Didn't worry about pregnancy, but got paranoid a few weeks after that I got an STD. Went to the university clinic and got a clean bill of health later.

I am still very close friends with everyone else in that group. Those 4 days were magical.
>>
>>10896579
>Full blown con sex in character.
Champion level weeb right there
>>
Man I wish I had the courage to be a con creep and take upskirt pics of little girls.
>>
>>10838537
The fuck. What con name was this at?
>>
>>10847216
In his kind he was visually raping you in all over while not acting it out.
>>
>>10896780
Just do it man at another country or state con and go back home with your rewards. Huge bonus kudos if you manage to cut off thier pantsu quick enough to run away with it. It is so able but you gotta be quick as fuck
>>
File: IMG_5583.gif (2.34 MB, 324x250)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB GIF
Here’s a funny, wholesome and another funny for ya

>Be me cosplaying Star Lord from Guardians of the Galaxy at Momocon 2018 right after Infinity War came out
>In elevator with a bunch of cosplayers including a 90s Vash cosplayer
>Have Rocket Raccoon plush with me
>“No Rocket, you can’t have that guys arm either”
>Everyone in the elevator has a good laugh bc the movie is fresh in everyone’s minds

>Be in Star Lord again at Megacon
>Kid comes up to me and only speaks Spanish
>Speak spanish back to him, tell him he’s an “honorary guardian”
>His parents are really thankful because apparently I’m the only cosplayer who could understand him all day

>Be Holmat 2018
>In Star Lord yet again
>Deadpool cosplayer comes up to me
>“ITS ALL YOUR FAULT QUILL”
>After infinity war I’d heard that a million times and learned to roll with the joke
>Play it off nicely
>Dude keeps going and just won’t stop
>Put hand on Deadpool cosplayers shoulder and say “You know what the difference between you and me is “Wade” ?”
>“No, Quill, what is it?”
>If I wanted to, I wouldn’t be sleeping alone tonight, I know you’re just as sad ugly under that mask so go crank one out in the room and leave me be eh?
>Walk away
>>
Got called Rambo once at a con.

I was cosplaying as Naked Snake.
>>
>>10896863
https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/adam-nguyen-rosemont-chicago-illinois-anime-cpd-columbus-police-officer-facing-felony-charge-following-upskirt-allegation
>>
>>10896631
that's on the win list.
>>
>>10896870
I feel like I met you before at HolMat. You don't happen to do Star Wars too, do ya?
>>
>>10897116
Why yes, yes I do. Other than Marvel, Star Wars is the other major property I cosplay from. Used to do anime back in the day but just hate how the anime cosplay community has gotten these last few years, Marvel and SW are much more chill

Question is, who are you?
>>
>>10837322
Did I bang that sweet sister ass later?
>>
>>10896962
Damn so a news company empolyee upskirting little kids.
>>
File: Basedstein.png (78 KB, 256x256)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
Hell with it, been long enough
>Day 0 of a con
>Hear word of some kind of meetup happening soon
>Rush back to my room to get in costume
>Completely halfass it, but I'm already drunk so I don't care
>Hanging outside a few hours later
>Girl stands up out of the blue and says "Excuse me, I need everyone's attention because this is the cutest thing I've EVER seen" and clearly gesturing at me
>I stand up, stunned and have no clue what to do so I just go right up and kiss her
>In the months after, two people brought this up to me
Maybe the most glorious moment of my life. And if this sounds too far fetched, no, I didn't smash even when I obviously could have
>>
>>10896947
Based whatever-age Boomer getting the reference and not getting the reference at the same time.
>>
>>10852923
do you seriously not know basic biology? you can have a dick and have xx chromesomes, even if it’s rare
>>
>>10900400
get back to your gender studies hugbox, Anon
>>
>>10843266
CARLOOOOOS
>>
>>10900955
basic high school level biology is now "gender studies", ok
>>
>16 year old me going to a con cosplaying as hatsune miku
>loser so im alone with no group
>sit on stairs playing project sekai to take a break from walking
>skinny neckbeard comes up to me wearing aliexpress miku clothes, just stares at me for a good 10 minutes
>finally speaks up
>"are you playing project sekai"
>we start talking and bond over being autistic and shared interests
>brings me back to his group, all of them smell like shit
>we talk, one of them talks to me for 30 minutes about how she was beat up and abused for 10 years in school
>neckbeard guy relentlessly flirts with me, told him multiple times im barely 16
>tells me he's 22 "youre like 18 to me"
>super touchy, asks for phone number and every social media platform
>im anxious so i give in
>he somehow finds my private instagram, not the one i gave him
>tries to pursuade me into going to the adult after-party
>ghost and block him after he tries to contact me over and over
>cry because this was the first social interaction in months
>>
>>10903044
Actual Bachelor's deegre biologist here. You're full of shit. But this is not the place to discuss that.
>>
>>10903176
You have a Bachelor's "deegre" in biology and you don't know that intersex people exist?
>>
>>10838909
> Yagoo from CyGames
What?
>>
9 am
Piss-soaked bathroom floors that weren't cleaned last night
Men's room
Bare feet step into the stall next to mine
Painted toenails, foot jewelry, dainty like a woman
Pissing sound like frying chicken resounds from the stall

Was a weird morning. Some dude came in vomiting like 10 minutes later, and after a while, another dude shitting finished and went to go help the vomiting dude, they seemed like strangers but became bros over it.
>>
>>10847177
reminds me of when i was 18 at a nightclub trying to woo another girl to just figure out later she was like 14/15. I was so drunk at the time i would have said "fuck it" but the next morning i really started thinking about what kind of parent allows their young kid to go to a nightclub
>>
>>10853661
what are some austrian cons? Never been to one and I cant imagine there being any good ones in vienna because of tschuschn, jugos, arabs and 14 year old female crack addicts and otherwise just faggots
>>
>>10885624
what bpd does to a mf
>>
>>10885813
didnt happen
>>
>>10905731
"It didn't happen to me so it didn't happen"
>>
Back when I was about 16 or so I went through that phase where I wore cat ears at cons. I wasn't exactly twinkish, but I used to be moderately cute I guess. Since then I've grown a full beard and gone bald.
Kept bumping into this geriatric fucker who kept smiling at me and pointing at his seme/uke badge and trying to talk to me.
I never heard about him actually molesting anybody or anything so despite being creepy as hell, as time's gone by I've started to feel like it was more a case of "stop it grandpa, time for your meds."
Poor weird little fucker is probably dead now...
>>
London MCM some years back. Two girls trying very hard to pull Vic Mignogna at the after party. The girl got so drunk she passed out, he friend tried to help her off the floor while Vic just bailed and left them to it.
>>
It's funny seeing multiple people sharing the same experience in this thread, like Goku getting arrested.
>>
>>10905838
I think the key takeaway is that it didn't happen to the person who posted it.
>>
Parking lot lobster fight at the Anime North truck
>>
Bad: Went to con as a minor with friend age 18. I'm disabled, hugeass con, blink and you'll get lost in the crowd. Was so excited to get to go without my parents. Put huge effort into cosplay but still turned out like crap. Can't remember the exact year but in the days before public wifi and free SMS existed, before Youtube and when most online sewing tutorials had no pictures. Friend abandons me and doesn't answer phone, I'm panicking. Later get kicked out as I'm a minor and adult only night con hours begin. Cant find friend, security won't let me in, can't get back to hotel alone. Friend ends up getting into bdsm during the con, bought a bunch of hentai and played hentai drama CDs. I'm pretty sheltered. I had really looked up to that friend and thought they were really cool for a long time but it was the start of repeatedly getting jerked around or abandoned, had to eventually cut off the friendship. (ex-friend - if you happen to see this, I was a jerk back in 2009, i'd like to catch up).

Emotional: at my first con ever, SakuraCon in like 2005 or something, i cosplayed NGE with a really shitty self-sewn outfit and met a crossplaying Misato. i was really interested but too shy to talk to them, i did get a posed pic with them. i remember thinking they were super brave to crossdress and i wished i were that brave. a few years later i realized i was trans. that misato was the first crossdresser i'd seen irl.

Good: bought a cheap costume off taobao and cosplayed in Taiwan, all the girls said i was handsome and wanted to take selfies with me just because i'm white. my wife got really jealous.
>>
>>10908553
wait let me get this straight, you were a disabled minor, going to a con with a friend, that friend abandons you, goes and does a bunch of definitely not for minor stuff and you think you were the jerk not her?

crazy
>>
>>10908900
The only thing anon should feel bad about is not upholding the One China Policy.
>>
Waking up in my cosplay with dirt all over it and little recollection as to why. I then noticed there was dirt stuck to my face as well. Trying to clean it off hurt and I realized the dirt on my face was actually a wound and the dirt on my cosplay was actually blood. The night before that I had smacked my head on a large rock and split my eyebrow open. Don't remember why I did it, but I think it was intentional. I'll remember it forever not only because it's such a retarded story, but also because I now have scar on my face for the rest of my life as a reminder of what an idiot I am. My only real regret is not making my friend get a photo of it when it happened and my face was covered in blood.
>>
>>10837322
wholesome: in my case, I am a beginner cosplayer, what I love most is when they see me on the street and are amazed to see how cute the costume is and when they take photos with me, it makes me feel happy that they recognize my effort, especially when I come out as Hu Tao or Rem since I did things on my own and fixed them

Not wholesome, actually disgusting: When I did my first cosplay to go to a convention (which was Umaru Chan) I remember exactly that a tall guy, with braces, with a battered wig, cat ears, and a schoolgirl dress approached me with a large plushie of an anime girl, he started complimenting my cosplay and stuff, and he say that his cosplay was from a hentai of l0lic0n and he was much older than me like 20 years old (I'll just say that I was younger and stupid) So he gave me his stuffed animal and my god, it was HARD, like you were sticking slime in a blanket, that's exactly what you are thinking, He kept calling me l0li and acted like an anime, then he asked me where I studied and my address and I avoided him saying that I had to go... so I was very scared because he was following me and wouldn't leave me alone, in the end I had to leave the con once I had already lost him. Weebs I guess
>>
>touhoufest happening in 2 weeks
I wish I could go, would be fun..
>>
>Wholesome: all the times I walked around in my bad Thanos cosplay and basking in all the (joking) hate. First comment I got was Black Widow (jokingly) threatening to punch me. Last time I went, I got to meet a guy who transformed a whole-ass Grimace suit into a Thanos one

>Runner-up wholesome: Making some friends at my second or third con through the power of karaoke leading to a crowd of 30 rando uni students belting the Pokemon Theme song. Davain, if you're reading /cgl/, I miss you, bro

>3rd place wholesome: Getting to see the Hugo Awards live. Pretty fuckin' neat to be at the center of that kind of nerd autism

>Furth place wholesome: staff at a furry con helping me after some dude stole my wallet and I ended up stranded in the city it was in

>RIP Wholesome: The only panel I got to see at San Francisco Comic Con was Kevin Conroy, who obliged a fan's request to sing Am I Blue as Batman despite the con trying to get him to stop

>Celeb stanning wholesome: Got Jennifer Hale to go on a big rant about the intense shittiness of triple-a publishers

>Less wholesome: a very tired Eric Stuart (4Kids Brock) looking at me like I spat in his mouth when I asked when he was going to tour with his band after asking too many questions

>Far less wholesome: Panel runner flat out shoving his phone in front of my face to 'ignore' me when I had to explain who the Urotsukidoji guy was and why he was going to a bunch of cons in the US

>Almost at the bottom "wholesome": A/V guy I knew in film school trying to dox me because I made a stupid joke at a Pokemon panel

>Bottom of the bottomless pit "wholesome": Finding out one of the best conrunners in the area creeped on teenage girls and it destroying a bunch of cons
>>
>>10909899
>Got Jennifer Hale to go on a big rant about the intense shittiness of triple-a publishers
She spent most of her time speaking at MGScon on a soapbox about the actors strike so yeah. Checks out.
>>
>>10885291
Cosplays with surprise gifts are always so sweet, the spirit of giving where you'd least expect it.
>>
>>10910000
Ditto - a lot of people at DragonCon do things like this, picrel

And this other thing too called swag and seek where people will leave small goodie bags throughout the hotels - there's even a Facebook group dedicated to it specifically called "Dragon Con Swag n Seek" with close to 9000 members.
>>
>>10909916
i mean, is she wrong?
>>
>>10910000

>>10910002

I used to do that when I cosplayed as Nathan Drake. I carried around a little pouch of plastic gold coins
>>
>>10909916
I gotta go to MGScon
>>
File: file.png (1.09 MB, 1356x494)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>10910102
By all means, please do. I've been hyping it up since I got the news that year 2 is confirmed. Any posts you see about it are me. I thought last year's might have been my chance to meet the California scene but was a little disappointed none showed themselves. Oh and this
>>10909870
Also me.
>>
>>10910104
It sucks it's so far from me and I just learned about probably from you in another thread. Looks like the Hilton is booked up too. If I knew about it early I could have planned and saved better for it. I'm.not saying it's impossible I just hope there is a year 3.
>>
>>10910104
Also if I, >>10910107 , go I'll help you throw a party.
>>
The one time as a teen a Orihime cosplayer came up to me and asked me if I was nice

The time my ex-gf fainted at the convention
>>
File: 135133.jpg (21 KB, 200x268)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>Attending a con with my sis who had a table
>They have a Casio keyboard setup just randomly that people would just mess around with
>I'm there for 3 whole days, no friends past day 2 either, bored out of my mind
>just start playing sets on the piano
>soon a crowd gathers
>staffers think I'm an official event and bring in big speakers and audio stuff
>I try to explain to the manager that I'm not but she just says I should've told them I was starting early
>roped into playing sets on the keyboard for like 4 hours (with breaks obv) on the last day
They realized I wasn't an official event by the time I was done, but we were in too deep to stop. The manager was pretty embarrassed too, poor girl wouldn't stop apologizing..

Years later, I'm still called "Piano Man" by the staff at that specific con
>>
>>10910112
Well shit, it's on now. You got a discord?
>>
File: 104573920582.png (62 KB, 1174x280)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>>10903186
>I happen to have one of the most vanishingly rare alleged 'intersex' conditions out there

We all believe you, anon.
>>
>>10910352
I do, but in all likelihood I won't make it. The Hiltons booked up. Mint (not Pomu) also said she went last year, it sounded pretty sweet.
>>
>>10885283

Good, the ambiguity suits me and my partner.
>>
>>10910388
intersex conditions are as common as red hair, dumbass. if you've been to a con you've certainly met someone with one, knowingly or not.
>>
File: 1697245726034115.png (820 KB, 1447x491)
820 KB
820 KB PNG
>Touhou Fest next weekend
and I won't be able to go baka
>>
File: 1713346491551.jpg (88 KB, 305x307)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>Party at the hotel room with a bunch of strangers
>We're all drinking and eating and having a good time
>I brought a jar of homemade kimchi with me because I was so into making that stuff
>*suddenly tears*
>Asian chick is sobbing as she drinks and eats the Kimchi
>It's Baek Kimchi it's not even spicy
>"Where did you get this Kimchi?"
>Oh I made it, it's not too hot is it?
>"No no, it's perfect."
>She continues eating the Kimchi as she quietly sobs
Party very promptly dissipated after that. Who the hell is going to have a good time with a crying chick in the middle of the room?
Never found out what her deals was or met that group ever again
>>
File: AntonFlashbackThumbnail.jpg (130 KB, 1421x800)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
>>10910653
Maybe the kimchi gave her that Anton-Ego-Flashback from Ratatouille
>>
>>10910653
Korean and Japanese women (and to a lesser extent Chinese women) always cry when they get drunk. They're broken weirdos. If you make them come they cry and then worship you. It's really kinda creepy when you think about it. Don't stop me from making them choke on the D while they slob on the knob tho
>>
>>10910669
Perhaps the most cringe post ITT.
>>
>>10910678
Cringe?!?!?! on 4chan?

Fuck off kid

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.