[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Previous thread >>10803531 died from a lack of posts. Not all that surprising with how little there was to post about at the time. Personally I'm also somewhat done with /cgl/ and all the pointless con drama and have been focusing on other things. But now that we've got several conventions around the corner, have a new thread!

Question of the thread: What convention are you looking forward to the most this year and why?

Upcoming major events
>22-23 Sep: Elfia Haarzuilens, a large popular outdoor fantasy event in Haarzuilens.
>6-7 May: MIA NL, a popular commercial anime convention in Gorinchem.
>21-21 May: Comic Con Brussels, a large commercial geek convention in Brussels.
>9-11 June: Animecon, the oldest anime convention of the Netherlands, hosted in Rijswijk.
>24-25 June: Heroes DCC, the largest commercial geek convention with a focus on dealers.
>30 Jun-2 Jul: Dokomi DE, a large popular anime convention in Dusseldorf.
>8-9 July: Atsusacon, Belgium's largest anime convention... I think?
>3-6 August: Castlefest, a(nother) large popular outdoor fantasy event in Haarzuilens with tons of great food.
>11-13 August: Abunai!, the second oldest and probably now largest anime convention of the Netherlands, hosted in Veldhoven.
>12-13 August: Showmasters Comic Con Amsterdam, a geek convention in Amsterdam.
>25-27 August: Viencon, a weekend with weebs at Center Parks Limburgse Peel.
>7-8 October: Gameforce, a (new?) gaming festival to replace Firstlook.
>21-22 October: FACTS, a popular commercial geek convention in Ghent.

Links and advice:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST SITE-WIDE RULES AND WILL BE DELETED!
>Quick, posture check! Go straighten that back you goblin!
>Rentry guide to Dutch conventions, calander and such: https://rentry.org/cgldutchthread
>Discord: https://discord.gg/QAYNyfY
>>
>>10850236
The OP pic reminds me of the hertog nyan edit from back in the day.
>>
So I've been meaning to branch out and try international conventions for a while now. One of the biggest sticking points has been that they're very short. HOWEVER this thread reminded me of the con that caught my eye the most: Viencon. Is this worth it? I'm always a sucker for good gimmicks and this looks exactly up my alley. Plus, my schedule is not set in stone, but being later in the summer is way more appealing too.
>>
>>10850310
Viencon is very comfy. It's not that much of a con but more of going on a holiday with some weebs. And with cosplay in the swimming pool.
Got invited to a barbecue by some strangers, had small conversations with people from all over the world, saw some amazing cosplay at the swimming pool and just had some fun in the park overall playing mini-golf and bowling. It was a fun weekend.
Booking a cottage is a bit expensive, but if you manage to gather enough friends or find a group that still has a spot open, it's worth the stay.
>>
File: file.png (851 KB, 1024x571)
851 KB
851 KB PNG
>>10850354
What first got me interested was pic related, but the lad who's discussing that approached it from the opposite perspective to mine. ColossalCon is also not really a convention (for most), which might cause some confusion to people looking from outside. There, it looks like everyone is hanging outside and getting pictures at the waterpark. In reality, it's dozens of loud parties in one place for 4 straight days.
>Got invited to a barbecue by some strangers, had small conversations with people from all over the world, saw some amazing cosplay at the swimming pool and just had some fun in the park overall playing mini-golf and bowling. It was a fun weekend.
This sounds a lot like the more subdued moments of CC too, and also seems to confirm the pictures I've seen from Vien that make it look rather lowkey, which is fine too.
>>10850354
>Booking a cottage is a bit expensive, but if you manage to gather enough friends or find a group that still has a spot open, it's worth the stay.
This is a HUGE overlap with Colossal here, except Vien looks dirt cheap by comparison. Unsurprisingly I see everything is booked and there's nothing else nearby. Undeterred. I'll be keeping my ear close to the ground on this one for the coming weeks.
>>
>>10850414
I've never been to Colossalcon so I don't have much information or firsthand experience to compare to Viencon.
Based on pictures and information about the official venue Colossalcon looks a lot bigger. It's an entire water themepark, while Viencon's Centerparks only has one swimming pool. Swimming pool is also only available for cosplay in specific timeslots. The morning for photoshoots only and evening for fun. Outside of those timeslots cameras aren't allowed at the pool and cosplay will also be denied access. I've seen some people try to sneak in with some stealth cosplay but it didn't work. So water photoshoots are rather limited.
Did some asking around and most of the visitors at Viencon discovered the event through word of mouth and mostly stay there for the typical Dutch "gezelligheid", having some comfy time and party with friends. The photographers and pro cosplayers are a small minority.

As for cottages, they have a discord, you could try your luck there and see if someone still has some room to share in their cottage.
Or keep a tab open and check the site daily. If you're lucky someone might cancel their booking, making that cottage available again.
If none of that works: you can still enter Centerparks without a Viencon ticket. Though you can't enter the part where the convention takes place, including the cosplay swimming, but you can still visit parties in one of the many cottages.
>>
Sup Gulls, that one anon here that usually has first reply on these threads (if you're in the Discord, you know). Thought I'd give my opening post as well seeing as we haven't had a thread in a while.

First of all, thanks OP for starting a new one. I have had the Dutch thread in my permanent tabs for a while now. Seeing a blank screen was kind of an unsettling sight. I known the (Dutch) community on this site is dying out and that things don't seem to be what they were like pre-corona, though I still value reading these threads a lot as sometimes there are those few individuals around which I can geek to if it's about the Dutch conscene. I know life gets to all of us and there seems to be less reason to keep this thread (and the suspended site) alive. But I hope we can make this year great nonetheless!

Speaking of this year, although I'm still planning on attending most cons, I'm starting to lose the excitement of visiting them. I knew this was coming for a while now, Yet I hoped any new development in the scene would keep me excited for what's to come (sorry ComicCon Holland, your introduction to our scene just doesn't get me tickled). I'm sure it's just going to be a very bland year with the only highlights being AnimeCon, Abunai, Viencon (which I'm trying out for the first time) and a lackluster DCC.

Obviously, after the pandemic, no convention in their right mind would want to experiment and innovate things to their own event. It's too risky from the perspective of a business and if done incorrectly, the influx of new fans visiting these cons would just result in tons of dissapointed weebs saying "So that's what cons in The Netherlands have to offer?". Though I hope that this year maybe some organisations will try to bring something new and fresh to the table (please give me that Jerry Seinfeld styled stand-up comedy show already!)

Anyways, I hope to see you all this year! Like always, I'm most excited for Abunai, when are those hungergames starting already?
>>
First time /cgl/ poster here. So I've always considered myself a little too old for Cosplay (guy in mid thirties), but recently my girlfriend mentioned really wanting to try it.
Having pretty much 0 experience with it, it might be fun to check it out at a con somewhere around NL.
What's a good con to go to first?

Any 'rules' we should worry about? Do we have to come in costume? Does it have to be hand made? Does it have to be anime or can it also be Cyberpunk / Steampunk or anything like that?
>>
>>10850603
>First time /cgl/ poster here. So I've always considered myself a little too old for Cosplay (guy in mid thirties), but recently my girlfriend mentioned really wanting to try it.
There's no need to worry about that. Cosplayers and convention attendees have matured a lot as returning visitors grew older and geek culture going mainstream opened the door to new people of all ages. Just know some conventions cater more towards younger audiences where the age gap will be... noticable.

>Having pretty much 0 experience with it, it might be fun to check it out at a con somewhere around NL.
>What's a good con to go to first?
Everything goes: Dutch Comic Con. Draws in a lot of anime, gaming, sci-fi and comic cosplays along with just about anything else you can consider to be geeky. Setup is basically a a few halls filled with dealers, artists, gaming and a stage where they host a cosplay competition.
Anime focus: Animecon and Abunai both draw in older audiences, heavy focus on anime (obviously) and gaming. Animecon does a simular setup as DCC but with some more content to do, where Abunai has a heavy focus on lectures, workshops and has a nicer location for photoshoots. Both also have cosplay competitions.
Fantasy and steampunk focus: Elfia and Castlefest. Both are outdoor fairs with live music, dealers, great food and mead.
I've left out any conventions that focus more on youngsters by the way.

>Any 'rules' we should worry about? Do we have to come in costume? Does it have to be hand made? Does it have to be anime or can it also be Cyberpunk / Steampunk or anything like that?
Wearing normal clothes is fine. As long as you don't compete in competitions costumes nobody (who actually matters) will care where you got your costume. You can wear any genre of cosplay you like to an event, but you might feel slightly out of place at some depending on your choice.

As for other any rules, don't be a creep and keep your foot fetish to yourself...
>>
>>10850613
Awesome, thanks for the info!
>>
>>10850476
So some more comparing *and* contrasting here. Since the map on their site definitely made it looks smaller, and yet Kalahari Resorts has the same features like bowling and minigolf. So then it sounds like Vien is more focused on these interactive parts than Colossal (or any con I've ever heard of, for that matter). Would seem this is more rigid than CC too where people are bringing in cases when they're no supposed to yet absolutely nobody cares to stop them
>the typical Dutch "gezelligheid", having some comfy time and party with friends
Alright so, this once again implies a slower pace, but then here...
>you can still visit parties in one of the many cottages.
...maybe not? Or is this just to say "people sitting, talking and drinking casually?" Discord is sounding like my best bet, and though I've definitely done my fair share of cons where I just attend on the sidelines, it'd feel kinda silly to go overseas for that
>>
>>10850727
Sorry, I have a bad habit of rambling whenever I'm trying to explain something.

Centerparcs doesn't have a hotel, only cottages. And while there is a restaurant at the park, most people will make their own meals with the kitchen or barbecue equipment that comes with the cottage. If it's sunny you will see small groups of 5-10 people standing outside their cottage holding a barbecue
That's what I meant with parties. The "people sitting, talking and drinking casually" kind.
I may made it sound like there are illegal parties going on there, but it's it's just casual barbecues with friends that the park was designed for.
So yeah, it's a slower pace like you said.

As for party with music, dancing and alcohol: there is Deshima sounds and karaoke at the con itself in the evening. I haven't really been to that activity but I do know a lot of party crowd kind of people go there. And swimming in the evening is very crowded.
Though those are only a few activities in the evening. Again, outside of that most of the con is a slower pace.
>>
>>10850727
>So then it sounds like Vien is more focused on these interactive parts than Colossal (or any con I've ever heard of, for that matter).
This makes me curious: what does a normal con looks like to you?

As for Dutch conventions I'm used to them having a big program with lots of activities, so Vien's program looks rather empty to what I'm used to.
What do you usually do at American cons? What are people looking for when going to a con?
Just asking out of curiosity.
>>
File: file.png (338 KB, 785x642)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
Anyone knows whats going on at nishicon?
Usually they would have announced a date for the next con months ago, but this past year has been nothing but radio silence. The only update that happened was when their site got hacked.
Are they gonna announce the end of nishi, or will they pull a yaycon and just quietly disappear?
>>
File: 1504827915096.jpg (20 KB, 438x428)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>10850795
Thing is...smaller in many cases is actually better, in spite of my hyping of an event with COLOSSAL in its name. I never value size-- enthusiasm is always far more ideal. Chillout parties, that's all well and good too. So this leads to something I keep meaning to ask and forget: How receptive are people to interacting with randos? The ones from this board definitely are. That's usually MO, and it succeeds in some capacity every time. Of course a different nation means different standards on that.

Karaoke is my bread and butter, so that's great to know, and CC also is famed for its nightswim that keeps the lights on till very late.
>>10850797
A "normal con" looks to me like vendor hall + guests, possibly artist alley. That may have its own room. Main hall for contest, concerts and raves. Panel rooms, games rooms (video or TTG). Maybe a spot for photoshoots and/or meetups. The interactive element is limited to karaoke, trivia panels or tabletop.
>>
>>10850797
>What are people looking for when going to a con?
And now my turn to double post, cause I forgot that my thread on the subject lays it out pretty well. >>10833596 I'd bet there's at least a few surprises in there
>>
QRD on tomo? Heard there's some drama regarding the way they run things.
>>
>>10851267
We don't talk about tomo.
>>
File: CCH.jpg (50 KB, 720x467)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
I've been to Comic Con Holland this weekend. I was expecting a dumpster fire but it turned out to be quite decent and you could tell the organisers who also do Brussels Comic Con have plenty of experience. The location itself (Brabanthallen) has a lot of growing potential. There's plenty of parking and just a short walk or bicycle ride away from Den Bosch train station.

In terms of content it was typical comic con experience. Celebrity guests for expensive photos and autographs, dealers, artist alley, community stands (fangroups and whatnot) and a main stage. There was also a small gaming area with few arcade machines and a Just Dance stand. The main stage hosted a few Q&A's and categorized cosplay shows and despite it all being in the same hall you could actually see and hear everything just fine.

There were definitely some "first time at a new venue" issues. Getting inside took nearly 2 hours with only 3 people scanning tickets. The dealer and artists alley areas were set up with crossings every few stands and had ~4 people wide paths. All those chokepoints and small paths were constantly holding up foot traffic and making it hard to see the wares on sale. Luckily, once people started to head home browsing stands became a lot more doable. There was plenty of space for wider paths so I think the organisers just weren't expecting this many visitors? Either way, that's nothing that can't be fixed in the future.

So in short, it was a pleasant surprise to start my convention year with. I hope to see CCH will see another edition and grow into a proper competitor to Heroes DCC. We're long overdue to some competition in the comic con scene.
>>
>>10850942
I don't think the organisers know that themselves.
>>
>>10852401
I also liked CCH. It had it's really rough patch in the morning, but I do think they patched it up during the midday and sunday.

They also had good comic dealers. I actually bought comics at a comic con. Which is nice considering I read more obscure/less mainstream stuff that they usually don't bring to comic cons.

And the atmosphere was really nice after the first growth mayhem was regulated. Everybody was excited for a new convention. And I got the feeling it was easier to talk with one another. Eventhough it was just as load.

The only thing that was missing, where more comic book artists that work for big publishers.
But I do know that's gonna change next edition, so that's good.

It's a relieve DCC has finally a strong competitor. The priceses for the dealer tables at DCC are getting ridiculousy high, which mains only the most lucrative companies (like intertoys) can stay, while more fun but smaller stand have to back down. So maybe CCH will put some fire under DCC's but. Or a refugee for more smaller fun stores.

And I would give the recommendation to CCH, to not have the next edition close to King's day. The reason why a few stand holders couldn't come, is because renting and loading stuff around that day is impossible for some people.
Because it would be Thursday (King's day this year) loading and Friday driving and setting up. Which is impossible if you know King's day.
Or renting a extra day (which cost extra money) and having a unprotected car filled with goods on King's day (which is not a smart idea).
>>
File: IMG_20230505_104129.jpg (1.72 MB, 2257x3423)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
The Dutch Aniway magazine has announced they are calling it quits after 24 years. Their reasoning for quitting are dwindling magazine sales and lack of staff/volunteers.
https://www.aniway.nl/aniway-gaat-stoppen/

If anything it's an achievement they lasted this long. Paper magazines and newspapers in general have been struggling to adapt with the internet taking over as the primary source of free and instant information. Aniway barely utilises online platforms, let alone try to monetise them, so in a way I'm not surprised it ended this way. But damn, it sure feels like the end of an era.

Good night, sweet prince. The "Kritische Zeemeeuwen" will always remember you.
>>
>>10853327
A real shame, they got me into a lot of series and music back in the day. It's understandable though. A magazine made more sense when availability and awareness were still both a lot lower than they are now.
>>
File: end of aniway.jpg (1024 KB, 2616x2626)
1024 KB
1024 KB JPG
rip
>>
>>10853359
Why
>>
>>10850236
>8-9 July: Atsusacon, Belgium's largest anime convention... I think?
Biggest one in Flanders.
Biggest one in belgium is MIA Be wich is missing from the list (22,23,24 september)
>>
>>10850603
>Grillfriend
Enough is enough, either share or don't post at all }:‑(
>>
Any of you gulls going to Fantasy Fest?
>>
>>10854861
Never been, but it's not far from me so I might check it out. It any good?
>>
ive heard that the animecon this year will have a shit load new food stand holder. like quatripple the amount of last year. that would be an perfect choice. last year it was sooo croudy that the food stands were realy sucky Also the gonna use the parking lot next to the terras. that would me great.

its like now a walking circle for the visitors. well hope it is all true!!
>>
>>10855571
Oh dear.
I hope they have enough trashcans and personnel this year.
>>
yehh heard also that they do an extra build up day. and did have a good talk with the broodfabriek concerning the trash cans. so lets hope!

love the positive steps they are trying to make!
>>
File: Broodfabriek_visitors.png (2.19 MB, 1652x1308)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>10855571
Looking at the floormap on the site so far and yeah. Looks like catering has almost double the space compared to last year.

Placing the Dealer Room where the EXP Plaza was before is the right move too, I feel. A lot of the EXP Plaza space felt massively underutilized last year. Looking at this map while keeping in mind how space was used last time, I have a good feeling about this one.
>>
>>10856413
The toilets at the game room are now more accessible, that's a huge improvement!
>>
>>10856413
>Using a Google maps screenshot as your basis and actively choosing to show it instead of using an official floor plan or fire escape plan
>Cut off corners from rotating a screenshot in Photoshop instead of stitching multiple screenshots together or simply rotating the in-browser map.
>Displaying the roof of the building as your floor making it look it's full of random tables, stalls and shit instead of adding a fill to the linework
>Didn't even bother to hide, remove or edit out irrelevant map stuff like GGD testlocatie or Monkey Town Rijswijk
>Left out the stairs to the toilets at the food court because fuck accessibility, if memory serves well there wasn't a ramp there
>Zero text and icon alignment to be found
>Mixing and matching line spacing
>Varying line thicknesses and odd fades where lines were later removed
To whoever designed this floor plan, thanks for curing my imposter syndrome. I hope the final/print version will look way better and be constructed in a reusable way.

The layout does look better than last year. Moving the arcades was also a good call, last year they created a chokepoint by putting them into that smaller hallway with the corner towards the dealer and game room. Flipping the tasting, signing and arcade area also makes better use of the space, creating an alley rather than having everything hug the wall. However, I do wonder if it wouldn't be better to swap the dealer and game room locations. I get the appeal of having all activities together, but the dealer room would benefit more from having the superior lighting in the large hall and higher ceilings to make the walkways feel less claustrophobic. Guess we'll see soon enough how that works out.
>>
File: Fw0jLN8aMAIaEld.jpg (127 KB, 1200x829)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>10856703
THey posted an updated on on Twitter. No idea why they had a Google Maps overlayed version on their site. Maybe it helped with planning it out internally before committing to proper visuals or something?

Either way, I'm glad the two stage rooms have their own entrance now.
>>
is there an other platform were there is random talk about dutch conventions? this /4chan is kinda death
>>
i had an okay time at animecon on friday
>>
animecon had definitely improved since last time in the broodfabriek, this layout worked out well and they made better use of the space

they really should improve their choice of cosplay judges because these ones definitely had shit in their eyes
>>
The overal evening planning is pretty shit this year, which is a real downgrade for me. Like where a big band or perhaps even J-Rock bands like in the past? Also to my surprise where is Deshima?? The Friday rave party was pretty boring. The Saturday was pretty good with ShowDow and Unmuted which they did a great job keeping the night alive.

In general, Animecon lacked quality stuff this year and it's a shame. But I must give kudos for the whole layout of the con.
>>
Umuted = Deshima
>>
File: 7654136.jpg (300 KB, 600x400)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
Did you know that De Broodfabriek used to be a bread factory?
You can tell because this weekend FELT LIKE A FUCKING OVEN!!!
>>
>>10860821

Which salty competitor are you?
>>
>>10860960
>Salty competitor
Perhaps they wouldn't taste this salty if they didn't have to sweat so much last weekend.
>>
File: 651849.jpg (28 KB, 720x404)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
Let's talk about some fun stuff.

I've heard several stories about people getting food poisoning. Some people just can't be trusted working with raw chicken. I won't way who, but be careful with the gyoza, or anything else containing chicken.
The shaved ice was pretty decent though.

Some youtube kid was walking around thinking he's powned. Showing a mic into people's face and asking inappropriate questions. He also tried this shit at the nearby mcdonalds where he eventually got arrested lmao.

Concreeps being concreeps as usual. There were posters everywhere in the toilets warning visitors and telling them to go to staff immediately if they feel unsafe. That's how big of an issue this has become now. At least con staff is taking it very serious.
Hopefully those creeps won't return next year.

I think that was about it. Besides all that stuff con was pretty enjoyable.
Anything else I forgot to mention?
>>
File: file.png (384 KB, 851x315)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>10850236
This band is touring through Europe next month. Also to the Netherlands if anyone's interested.
>>
>>10861260
Forgot to mention the name. Fate Gear. They've also made music for some anime called Kengan Ashura, but I've never watched that one.
There aren't many Japanese bands going to the Netherlands outside of anime conventions so I thought this one might be worth mentioning.
>>
Anyone knows what happened to Stichting Anigenda and JPCU?
>>
>>10862554
>anigenda
Aren't they just conventions having a meeting so they don't hinder each other's events, like having two cons on the same day?
Still exist as far as I know
>JPCU
Dead. Organisation was a mess, didn't survive corona and now that mangakissa is also gone they now aren't going to come back for sure.
>>
DCC kinda be suckin tho. Incredibly humid, low-tier garbage at the dealerroom. Half of the artist alley was interesting, other half was generic goyslop. Nothing to write home about
>>
>>10862970
Yeah, 99% of artist alley is just generic twee garbage
>>
Despite the massive heat, I had a great time!

Food was delicious
Met some friendly people
There were some great live performances on the main stage
Saw some nice cosplayers who decided to brave the heat
And best of all: the entry was free!
Japan Festival 10/10 !
>>
>>10863133
Oh shit, the Japan fest in Amstelveen? Please tell me more about it! My friend went and he said is it was pretty fun, but wasn't really concrete...
>>
>>10863258
There are delicious Japanese snacks like karaage and matcha soft ice cream, Japanese cultural clubs have stands such as a language school or a Japanese Women's club where you can take a picture in a yukata etc, the main stage has several acts like a Japanese choir, children's choir, stage fighting and dress-up town was also there.
Not a lot of weeb stuff, despite that there were still some cosplayers to be found. But if you like Japanese culture in general, or want to practice your Japanese, it's a nice event! Especially with free entry can't complain.
>>
>>10863279
Damn, I'll be sure to visit next year, traveling there seems to be rather easy too, with the busstation on walking distance.
About that language school, did they sell books to teach yourself japanese? Or was it more like our schoolbooks French?
>>
>>10863473
They were advertising their Japanese language courses and JPLT and also selling books to learn Japanese. Can't remember which books except it wasn't the standard Minna No Nihongo or Genki.
>>
File: file.png (338 KB, 545x871)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
Nishi finally showed some sign of life.
New nishicon at dynamo 12 november. It's nice to have a con in november, but only sunday sounds pretty inconvenient.

Has anyone been to dynamo during some other event? What was the venue like?
>>
Haven't been to dynamo yet, I'd love a fall or winter con as most of my new costumes are pleather and velvet. Sucks that Nishi doesn't stay west as most 1 day cons are too far away to be worth visiting.
I was expecting at least some drama after animecon in this thread but it's pretty dead here
>>
wanted to try volunteering at abunai this year after seeing their IG posts to press costs a little but they haven't gotten back to me yet, how long do they usually take to respond? also to give this thread a little boost, what was your worst and best experience volunteering at a con?
>>
>sexual assault allegations come out about a known photographer
>just fix it in dm

Kimu is such a dumb bitch, how ignorant can one person be?
>>
>sexual assault allegations come out about a known photographer

What? Who?
>>
>>10868240
Soulclickers
>>
>>10868209
I believe new applications are processed weekly? But if it's been longer since you applied to volunteer, try messaging Abunai! on the socials or send an email through the contact page. It could very well be that the person in charge of gophers/stewards accidentally overlooked your submission. If you prefer a direct line, there are also a few staff members present on the Dutch thread discord.

>Worst experience volunteering
As staff, definitely the pandemic years. The uncertainty of not knowing if your convention would have to be postponed or could actually take place was brutal. It demotivated everyone, several to the point of quitting. Budgets had to be cut and grand plans were forced to be put on hold indefinitely.

>Best experience
Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I have to go with personal growth. I've gained and improved many skills since joining in 2018. Team and project management, communication, budgeting large sums and many task specific skills are a few that come to mind.

As a person I've become a lot more confident, learned to accept when something is "good enough" and am more careful when picking my battles as not fights are worth fighting. In daily life I'm more calm, less stressed and know that even if things go bad it's not the end of the world.
>>
>>10868234
Hello, dumb bitch kimu here

My post wasnt in any way related to soulclickers. If you have the time to read my stories you may aswell privately dm me instead of promoting cancel culture further by trying it anonymously on here. We are all adults here.

Thank you x

Fyi never used 4chan no idea how this works.
>>
>>10868209
For me volunteering is a great way to get in contact with people. I can get to talk with other volunteers or have some small talk with cosplayers at ticket check-in or bagroom while I normally wouldn't have the opportunity to approach them.
Also gives the con a fresh new experience if conventions are getting a bit too boring for you.

Worst experiences are boring shifts like backup shifts or videoroom shifts. You have to sit and do nothing for maybe two hours.
>>
>>10868805
Cloakroom shifts are my jam at Abunai since you get to see all the wasted weebs come and go. Once had a guy come up to me and ramble on about how Majora's Mask was an allegory for the 5 stages of grief or some shit
>>
>>10868833
*the ones that go until 03:00 at least, earlier ones are kinda boring but at least it's not the videoroom
>>
>>10850236
Viencon looks actually quite interesting but I don't have frens so it's just pathetic to go alone, plus can't hire a cottage anyways solo
What cons do you guys recommend? Am itching to go to one (and hopefully meet new people cuz I'm lonely ;_;)
>>
>>10869514
Just go to the viencon discord or any other weeb discord and ask if someone still has some room left in their cottage for you.
>>
god, abunai really is becoming more and more desperate with finding cosplay compo judges each year
>>
>>10871313
It's not like their competitions mean anything serious anyway. They're mostly just a way for people to get some stage experience. I don't recognise any of the judges but I did stop caring about the cosplay community a while ago. Who would you have preferred to see judging?
>>
>>10871313
Abunai can't afford to pay any judges so they ask anyone that is deemed "good enough" as long as they are willing to do it for free
>>
>>10871313
As long as they don't waste half of the event with some shitty dance cover I won't complain.
>>
>>10871602

eyyyyyyy macarena!
>>
Would only going to Abunai on sunday be a mistake or do i not miss out on much?
>>
>>10872613
Depends. Check the schedule if there's something you'd want to attend. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother, unless you live close by, or have a car.
>>
>>10872613
There is no evening program and most people will be tired out from saturday. So if you're a party person you'll be missing out some stuff.
If you don't care about parties then the only possible downside is that some stuff may be sold out at the dealer room. The overall atmosphere is a lot calmer on sundays so that may also be a positive thing.
>>
Any afterparties?
>>
Best way to find girls who are dtf on Abunai? Didn't see many on Tinder...
>>
>>10874006
be attractive and win at hunger games
>>
Abunai review that nobody asked for

Pros
- Weather was great, not too hot. Some areas had great AC, some could be better.
- Photo studio was so worth the wait, you could have some professional photos taken for free They allowed you to try a few poses and gave great tips, photos emailed the same night.
- AMV competitions with voting makes it fun and interactive, always love going to these.
- Abunai beats was fun, live discord chat and voting for genres was hilarious
- Cocktail bar moved out of the metrobar into a much better location. It was so fucking warm and humid in there last year that we were forced to leave after one drink.

Cons
- Food was overpriced as hell, not too many options either. I dont mind paying 15+ euros for a dish but I want it to be a meal and not 3 shrimp balls. Almost all the food optoins feel like you are getting scammed, and dont even let me get started on the 'cocktails' at the coktail bar, fuck that. Offering was worse than last year.
- Mahjong workshop consisted of 1 hour lecture but then they only brought in 3 game sets for 50+ people, didnt get to play at all lol...

overall we had a really good time, looking forward to next year
10/10 wuld recommend
>>
>>10868209
Best was bagroom, it's the best way to see people and make small talk.
Worst was probably running a shift hungover.
Still had a fun time, would recommend making sure that you fit the shirts and feel free to ask spares.
You really don't want to run shifts groady and smelly.
>>
(1/3)
2022 was a great year. Covid gone, people itched to get out, people visited conventions and let the money roll. But we all knew it wouldn't last long. Storm was already brewing.
We're currently in that storm:
- Economy sucks, inflation and whathaveyou.
- Venues are seriously understaffed.
- Venues are either in the red, or at the brink of bankrupcy.
- People don't have money to splurge on cons.
- The people who organise cons are getting older.

You see the last point with people and organizations simply quitting due to wanting to spend more time with their partner and/or kids. Lot's of conventions' staff have this problem (I suspect this year's Connichi will be the last, for instance).
A particular problem plagueing Dutch cons (Abunai and Animecon, most notably, as Yaycon already tapped out due to staff chasing "grownup life things") is their social media presence. One can say of Tomo what you want, but their agressive marketing strategy pays off. Remember Animecon Classic last year? Yeah, nobody knew about that one until after the weekend. Where's Abunai on YouTube? They make tons of cool opening/closing/whatever vids each year, yet most of it is nowhere to be found. Which means they have pristine content laying around they never use.

This was all fine and dandy back in the old days with weebs mostly frequenting the usual forums and showing up one way or another and dealers and catering begging for a spot. Those days are gone. You have to fight for them. The case of Animecon Classic is an especially sad one, as it was in the same weekend as Tomofair. Did the dealers/catering/visitors not know that Animecon Classic was planned? Did Animecon not reach out to them? Was Tomofair's marketing more agressive? Who knows. People chose Tomofair over Animecon Classic nonetheless.
>>
(2/3)
Speaking of Classic.. From what I gathered, the whole idea of Rijswijk & Almelo was that Rijswijk would be the 'for the masses' fair kind of deal (Market & Playground, which is how most cons in the world nowadays are) which would generate enough money to do Almelo (the convention-like one, with the Workshops/Panels, Concerts and Competitions). Judging by the fact that I don't see anything announced regarding Almelo, it seems they've dropped Almelo. Either lack of people to organise it, or a lack of visitors, or a lack of funds, or a combination thereof. Perhaps some soul searching is in order.

That doesn't mean that Abunai is in the clear either. They're in stormy weather as well. Last weekend was fun, but we saw that the venue was seriously understaffed, and that Koningshof is in financial dire straits as well. Charging a lot for external catering without having catering yourself is a sign (the idea to charge a lot is because the external catering competes with your own). Not taking back coins is a sign (unreturned coins can be booked as profit, next year there will be a different color coins). And on top of all that, the amount of visitors is in decline. Not a steep decline, but a noticable one. I'm sure Animecon also observed how weekendtickets are down, but daytickets are on the rise (the masses for the Market & Playgrounds). If I were Abunai, I would start negotiating about the cost of external catering: if Koningshof doesn't run their own catering, they should allow more external catering on the venue.
>>
(3/3)
Now, we've touched about "convention atmosphere" several years ago. And allow me to recall what I wrote back then: convention atmosphere, in a sense that when you return home you will feel 'homesick' to the con, is something that can be created. The most elementary aspect to create that is to create quiet corners where people can sit down and meet, or have a drink, or discuss whatever they have splurged on in the dealerroom. Abunai does this wonderfully, helped by the maze of a venue. (just don't be like that Weerwolven guy and pick that one place at the entire venue that is next to a screening room) Animecon Almelo had that as well. Animecon Rijswijk, not so much. The only spaces that would qualify for that in Rijswijk were Niels' Whisky Bar and that one room the Muslims were using for praying. If I were Animecon, I would tune the music down in the hall with the Board Games and Catering (Bakkerij 2), and don't let dealers/catering bring their own music boxes. And do something more with Niels' Whisky Bar. And maybe a mini-Mangakissa.
>>
>>10874430
What makes you think this might be the last Connichi?

I haven't heard much about them and don't plan to go there this year. But I also noticed their advertisement was quite ... unremarkable this year. Which is odd, as they changed the location for the first time in almost 20 years.

If I were them, I would put all my effort into marketing, so that this gamble can pay off. But it seems like the organisers don't really care that much?
>>
>>10874431
THA is planning some kind of renovation, either the theatre disappears completely or gets renovated, at the moment they are in negotiations with city-council, so its not exactly clear what is going to happen other than 2023/2024 it is not available for Acon.

So there you have it, no drama or conspiracies just planning.
>>
>>10874432
>just don't be like that Weerwolven guy and pick that one place at the entire venue that is next to a screening room
I'm missing some context here.

I agree with the points you raised. Weebs are getting old, and while the community is growing, the new weebs aren't too keen to put some more work into their hobby. Not sure if that's a problem exclusive to the Dutch community or every weeb community worldwide.
Everything is expensive, venues milking those poor weebs' wallets, if this continues then maybe cons will scale down to cheaper venues or start asking money for bagrooms. Don't try to give a tip to the con, you can't trust those gophers with money they will just put it into their own pocket.

Maybe we should go back to basics and make some cheap meetups and let things slowly grow into entire conventions.

Despite all the problems, I still enjoyed abunai. I've had fun, met friendly people, saw some nice lectures, lot's of amazing cosplayers. Abunai is still fun.
>>
>>10874432
>next to a screening room

You mean the Auditorium? I kinda understand him. Whoever did the sound in that room, did a shoddy job. I sat through the 18+ AMV compo and now I have tinnitus.

>>10874587
>back to basics
You mean like Animecon Rijswijk? Just an indoor cosplay meeting with a gameroom, catering, dealerroom and some sponsored videos?
The only non-basic thing they got is WCS. But thanks to a certain millennial oil sheikh bankrolling WCS, conventions worldwide don't have to deal with most of the costs that come with participating in WCS.
>>
>>10874653
Even more basic. No venues, no events, just weebs gathering at the mcdonalds until you get kicked out for being too annoying.
>>
>>10874653
>But thanks to a certain millennial oil sheikh bankrolling WCS
Now THAT'S a thread worth on it's own.
>>
>>10874430
I think people went for TomoFair because it was just a lot cheaper. I guess marketing also played a part.
>>
>>10874431
>>10874431
AnimeCon did consider organizing a Classic this year, but decided not to because it's too much work to organize two conventions every year for a non-profit with only one part-time employee. The plan is to do one every few years to keep it special.

I would have preferred to have Classic as the 'regular' AnimeCon, but the masses clearly disagree. Although that could also have to do with marketing.
>>
>>10874823
Classic under-performing was definitely because of the poor marketing.

They've announced their new date way too late so a lot of people already had plans for different cons like tomo and comic con Belgium.
The room wars from van der valk few years prior may have also scared some people off. They've doubled the price for hotel rooms and every cheaper nearby hotel was already fully booked.
Nobody knew what to expect from classic. Veteran congoers may remember theaterhotel as animecon's old location and kind of get what they were going for, but the ones unfamiliar with animecon's history just saw it as a slightly more expensive animecon.

Maybe late september is also not a very convenient date for a con as it overlaps with at least two other popular events in the Benelux and also people are broke and worn-out from summer vacation and con season.
I would rather see classic moved back to the winter period where there aren't many big events. Maybe something like a christmas event if theaterhotel's schedule allows it. I remember animecon did attempt a christmascon during covid before that had to be cancelled yet again.
>>
File: file.png (2.17 MB, 2545x900)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
Good news for those who still have unfinished cosplay projects left over from abunai's cyperpunk theme years ago.
>>
I can 't believe those bastards at 709 set off fireworks, AGAIN.
>>
So is Viencon kill with this overdose ting?
>>
>>10876861
What happened?
>>
>>10876868
They said in the closing ceremony that someone OD'd real bad at Saturday night Deshima, and is in hospital. Center Parcs are flipping their shit about the use of illegal drugs onsite and this has brought future events into question. I would imagine the con as a whole will find a way to run but this might be the end of the afterparties, or ideal scenario, they still run the party but hire real security to do more competent bag checks.
>>
>>10876932
Gdi those fucking morons
How dumb can u even be to OD at a con
>>
File: narc-arcade-028.png (317 KB, 810x632)
317 KB
317 KB PNG
Fuck them junkies ruining my comfy pool party.
>>
Is there a Viencon discord server?
>>
>>10876958
Yes
>>
uuoohhh there were so many women with such nice asses at the pool how do i approach women without coming off as complete creep
>>
>>10876932
Someone could hide drugs pretty much anywhere, I don't think bag checks are going to stop someone who knows they're happening. You'd have to do full-on very uncomfortable pat-downs to be almost totally sure, unless you want to get stuff like dogs involved.

Realistically any event, be it con, gig, or festival, can and likely will have drugs at it. Sadly the organisers have just discovered that you need a certain level of detachment to run an event past a certain size. Some people will do drugs, you can't stop it, and it isn't on you if they do and it goes badly. People OD at festivals all the time. All you can do is lay out the rules and hope it dissuades. You're selling an event, and no matter how much you want it to be, this isn't a group of your close friends. Most of these people don't know you or each other.

But I understand if they don't want to detach themselves like that and would rather not do the con at all than do it without being able to feel like an intimate part of it. It would be a shame because most of us followed the rules and had a great time and appreciate the work they put into it. But I'll respect their decision if they just don't feel they want to detach like that.
>>
>>10876966
Imagine a man, then take away all reason and accountability. Then have a conversation with that man.
>>
I totally understand the need to OD with all those smelly people around
>>
File: Viencunt.jpg (353 KB, 946x1687)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
I can't believe I was worried about this cunt a few days ago. People were seriously concerned someone may have died from OD.
I hope she suffocates on her own puke one day.
>>
Who is that 'cunt'?
>>
>>10877078
I don't speak the language, what is she saying?
>>
>>10877078
In the closing ceremony the organisers said it was an overdose. But she's saying it was a bad trip, not an overdose. And that other people had worse earlier in the event.

So I've got to wonder why they told everyone it was an overdose. Did the gopher involved just tell them that's what it was without really knowing?
>>
Trust the weebs to ruin a perfectly good convention with fireworks and drugs
>>
File: rl8fmfjze7381.png (141 KB, 300x300)
141 KB
141 KB PNG
>>10877083
>The amount of misinformation people are spreading on stories (instagram) is insane, why is nobody doing any research?
>Vien(con) never said anything about a hospital or ambulance because I asked about them when we had a conversation. First aid only asked me if I needed an ambulance and I said "no." Also people still link my bad trip to an overdose. Beside the fact that I had a bad trip I also have severe PTSD what a lot of people don't know about and a gopher is telling me that I have bad friends which doesn't help at the moment. Of course staff couldn't know that about me (the ptsd) but some (other people) were not able to hold their liquor as well, they broke the confidentiality which i heard from my boys. There's also no one who ignore that a few other drug incidents happened before and that there was a lot of alcohol abuse. Those people were in a worse state than me.
>I would find it perfectly fine if people would express their feelings about drug usage at anime cons in general but I do want that everything is told truthfully, but currently it's not, people made up their own interpretation of all events that happened. I hope Vien will clarify everything themselves.

Sounds like a wild anime con, was thinking of going next year but sounds like things will be likely much different then
>>
>>10877087
Not everyone likes to take drugs so some people can't tell the difference. Those gophers just wanted to help hosting some swimming pool party when suddenly they see some chick reacting pretty badly to whatever is in her system and think it's an overdose.

>>10877092
Viencon has a reputation of being a chill con with BBQ and weebs, sadly some people think "chilling" means getting completely wasted.

>>10877078
>>10877093
Viencon tried to keep this person anonymous by being pretty vague about the details, but this idiot just had to expose herself by ranting on social media.
She also refuses to take responsibility and blames viencon, muh ptsd, downplays her tripping and some whataboutism.
She needs to go to rehab, not conventions.
>>
>>10877078
who this
>>
I'm not very familiar with the Dutch scene, I'm one of those bong interlopers. Were there incidents like this at party cons like Abunai before, or is going too hard like this not common in the Dutch scene? Someone OD'ing is barely news for a UK con.
>>
hahahaha another reason why Dutchland sucks and USA rules!! Take that dikes!
>>
>>10877102
Drugs and vandalism are sadly not uncommon at cons like Abunai. Even Tsunacon got kicked out of abunai for smoking weed on the rooftop.
Viencon is still very new, with this only being their 4th edition. Up until it was just a small laid-back event for a small group of people, but now that it's growing and getting more popular it got it's first taste of what it's like to be a big con in the Netherlands and Vien and his friends were not prepared for that. Now it's up to them if they think they can handle being a big con or want to quit now that their fun event has lost it's innocence.
>>
File: file.jpg (27 KB, 320x354)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>10877103
>>
Was dokomi this year good? I kept seeing their twitter being filled with twitch vtubers that i dont care about.
>>
>>10877106
A big con in basically any country really. I doubt any big con lacks people drinking too much or taking drugs
>>
>>10877095
What kind of responsibility is she supposed to take, exactly? She's pointed out multiple times that she didn't OD, she had a bad trip. Regardless of policies, she's absolutely right in pointing out that there should be staff around that know at least a little bit about how to handle people that are experiencing bad side effects from dugs, whether that be because they took them themselves or WERE drugged. I'm sure we all understand that staff consists of volunteers but that doesn't mean she doesn't have a point.
>>
>>10877126
yea shes not hot enough to not have to take responsibility
>>
>>10877130
wouldn't be a coscom thread without retarded comments like these
>>
>>10877126
Depends. If Center Parcs are mad about it she should certainly take responsibility for taking drugs at an event at a Center Parcs, not to mention leaving it to staff to sort her out when she did and it went bad. Complaining about how they reacted is pretty ridiculous when she's the one who got herself into that situation and they tried to help.
>>
>>10877102

Shit happens at other conventions too, but at least the staff isn't announcing someone OD'ed at the disco during an ending ceremony.

Viencon obviously didn't know how to handle the OD/bad trip situation at the time and also didn't know how to deal with it afterwards.
>>
>>10877137
Center parks wasn't upset, things like that happen all the time. It's the staff that doesn't want to run a convention that has the reputation of drugs and alcohol.
>>
>>10877137
She certainly could take responsibility to some degree, but she has every right to shed a light on how poorly the situation was handled. What got her into the situation should never matter, the staff should be there to help out regardless and it's clear that they didn't know how to handle somebody experiencing a bad trip.

There's no defending drug use when it's strictly prohibited, but I do bet Center Parcs wouldn't even have freaked out if the staff had handled the situation more carefully. Their inexperience with helping somebody in need clearly caused an unnecessary panic.
>>
File: viencon2024.jpg (1.93 MB, 3008x2000)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
soon cons will have rectal exams to prevent junkies and weirdos from smuggeling harddrugs and fireworks in.
>>
You severely underestimate how common drug use is at events
>>
i am surprised no one brought up the pool puker yet
>>
>>10877170
>>10877173
Center Parcs staff sees those things probably happen daily in all their parks/events they host, it is not something special. For the cosplay bubble it might be because they've never visited festivals, raves, party's outside of their fragile bubble.

Like almost every event has they should have people in their team who atleast know how drugs work or how to tripsit in such cases and not to announce it to the public. No con/event has ever done that and drug usage happens everywhere.
>>
File: file.png (461 KB, 806x329)
461 KB
461 KB PNG
V-tubers starting to notice Viencon, just as it's about to die.
If there ever will be a next edition, maybe they could invite Kiara?
>>
>>10877178
Excuse me what?
Someone puked in the pool?
>>
>>10877182
Multiple people
>>
>>10877183
Getting thirsty just thinking about it
>>
>>10877126
Why should the staff know how to deal with drugs when they are explicitly banned by the rules of the con, not to mention just straight up illegal lol
Maybe the first aid people should, but con staff has no such responsibility
>>
>>10877198
because if improper first aid is performed by a staff member they may be held liable, and someone dying at your con is really bad publicity. should they have to? no! but they also shouldn't have to deal with gropers or ghost attendees, and still do.
>>
On top of that it isn't hard to deal with someone who's going through a bad trip..
>>
>>10877198
People accidentally forget their prescribed meds or take too much or have seizures or whatever all the time. Staff should have basic forst aid training or know someone competent to text you tard
>>
File: revy_2632.png (545 KB, 791x791)
545 KB
545 KB PNG
>>10877178
imagine your kid swimming there and getting puked over by some random ass dude wearing an aliexpress cosplay
>>
>>10877236
Oh no!!!!!! A kid might see a weirdo being weird!!!!!!!!!! Groomer!!!! We need to get all kids in heckin christian schools, safe from groomers!
>>
>>10877236
The normies and cosplayers have different timeslots for the pool.
>>
>>10877203
>because if improper first aid is performed by a staff member they may be held liable

Anon clearly has never done a BHV class.
As long as you don't do things to harm someone deliberately, you cannot be held responsible for improper first aid.

A convention can, though, but that is because they didn't take proper precautions to field problems like these
A convention needs to have a first aid post, security people, and stewards to do the field work and keeping things in check.

First thing you learn at BHV class: have someone call an ambulance (preferably on speaker) while stabilizing the victim, checking for breath, and determine if there's any danger towards the victim or yourself.
If you're unsure of what to do, let someone else handle it, and retake the class.
>>
To whoever gave me covid at Viencon: I hope you get bonecancer.
>>
>>10877301
I told you not to drink the cosplaygirl poolwater.
>>
>>10877301
Me and my entire house got covid too :(
>>
To whoever gave me covid at Viencon: I hope you get bonecancer.
>>
>>10877304
Sorry double posted because of communistic internet
>>
>>10877179
For someone who has been spiked or otherwise drugged, sure

If she took them herself it's on her friends to babysit her, don't waste staff time with your bullshit
>>
What about the person whose always setting fireworks each year, can't we just blacklist well-known idiots causing all these troubles.
>>
>>10877318
Viencon doesn't have a ticket system, only one persoon needs to book a cottage an will receive a certain amount of wristbands based on the cottage they've booked.
So chances are viencon may not even be able to track down the troublemakers since they never had to identity themselves to get a ticket.
>>
>>10877319
This guy has probably gotten kicked out of every con at least once lmao, cons don't care to blacklist anyone, that's why shit like this keeps happening.
>>
>>10877320
At least foot fetish guy hasn't been since at abunai or animecon in years.
>>
>>10877318
No because dutch anti discrimination laws are ass.
You can set someone out of a place if they are a significant danger to safety.
To ban someone you need to go to court and make a case for a "drempelverbod". Wich costs money in legal and lawyer fees.
Ofcourse the poor poor football industry gets an exception to all this and can have blacklists.
>>
>>10877320
Cons should ban troublemakers

But I'm not sure how that could be enforced. Even with cons that have names on tickets, they could just use a false name. You'd have to require passport verification on entry or something. Or have a set of photos of banned people that could be referred to on entry so they can be turned away.
>>
>>10877328
Can they not be banned for breaking the rules of the premises? Like if Center Parcs has a rule against fireworks?
>>
>>10877328
Hotels can also blacklist certain individuals if they've misbehaved. If Viencon can't do it, then perhaps Centerparcs can.
One can still book a cottage outside of Viencon and go lobbyconning, so a Centerparcs ban will be more effective.
>>
>>10877316
Staff isn't gonna know the circumstances behind WHY somebody is having a bad trip or overdosing you retard, they need to be prepared either way
>>
>>10877321
Saw him on Comic Con Holland earlier this year though
>>
>>10877357
Other conventions either don't have a reason to ban him yet, or don't give a shit.
He's only been banned from abunai and animecon so far because they caught him red handed.
>>
Why are yall acting as if there havent been convention bans in NL for people before.

Ofcourse they can ban them. But for this particular event its harder to track who and harder to enforce said ban.
>>
What are the differences between the con culture in belgium and the netherlands.

I feel like belgian con culture is more sterile and sanetised
>>
>>10877292
AYRT sorry for unclear wording but yeah i meant that the convention could be held liable if they didn't take the correct precautions and say, staff freaked out instead of calling an ambulance.

which is why most conventions either have first aid staff, or have some
kind of emergency protocol.

anyway, agree with everything you said, just clarifying.
>>
>>10877338
I know that, dipshit

I'm saying in this case she hasn't got a leg to stand on because it's her own dumbass fault and if anyone her friends should have taken care of her
>>
>>10877532
That's not how liability, insurance, or the law works you fucking retard.
>>
>>10877430
It honestly differs by convention, in both Belgium and the Netherlands. The Netherlands do have plenty of non-profit conventions though (although I would dare to call the status of Tomo events as non-profit into question), while Belgium only has Atsusacon. Other than that, Belgium is mostly big dealer expos.
>>
>>10877474
No worries, Anon, I figured as much when I read your reaction again.

VienCon made a statement on FB on Tuesday, and they're pondering to pull the plug on the project, or to continue with different rules. Would be a shame if they did stop.
>>
I hope their new rules won't be too autistic.
>>
>>10877540
I don't give a shit about the law I'm talking about how this dumb bitch and her shitty friends should take care of their own idiocy instead of complaining about how other people react to it.
>>
File: vien-cluedo.jpg (59 KB, 600x338)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Viencon has been murdered in cold blood, is od-chan the perpetrator?
>>
>>10877822
>LA Noire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0nxe9Kh8Jk
>>
>>10877737
No one gives a shit about your ignorant retard opinion. So by your own standards, how should we treat you?
>>
>>10877650
They will probably use stricter alcohol breath tests at the swimming pool in the evenings to prevent more puke incidents.
Or they could book the entire park and only have the swimming pool open during the day and close in the evening when people get drunk. Though booking the entire park could be difficult. They've only booked half the park this year and look what happened.

No idea what will help against stuff like fireworks and drug abuse. There will always be a few bad apples doing dumb things, especially late at night during raves.
They could just skip out the night program entirely but I guess that will only make people host parties in their own cottage.

At the very least vien could implement a ticket system to identify each guest so they, or centerparcs, could ban the troublemakers from the park.

I think the biggest troublemakers are from our own Dutch community. I don't like to say this but Dutchies have become some of the worst tourists abroad since how they enjoy their vacation is by getting completely wasted and wreaking havoc. Just look at places like Mallorca.
With that kind of mindset they go to viencon with an entire van filled with alcohol and smuggle some ketamine to parties because they consider that shit normal.
>>
>>10877321
>>10877357
>>10877358
>foot fetish guy
QRD? Is it some guy who approaches girls and compliments their feet or some creepy shit like that?
>>
>>10878671
>"Hi, may I take a picture"
>Proceeds to take picture of girls' feet

>"Can you take of your shoes"
>Gets himself banned when he started touching the girls feet using his photoshoot as an excuse.

Not sure which specific foot fetish guy these anons are referring to, because there are many sadly enough. Though most of them are very similar. Being huge creeps in general and got banned from cons when they went to far.
>>
>>10877320
Cons can ban people.
Tough only temporarily and only if they did weird shit on cons.
The guy that did an ISIS cosplay a few years ago was banned from Abunai for a while iirc.
Sharing of blacklists is illegal in The Netherlands but rumors spread quickly.

I assume you're talking about the guy with the pokemon plushies.
I think I only saw him at a Tomo event.
>>10878681
How many foot fetish guys are there?
I only know two.
>>
File: file.jpg (594 KB, 750x795)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
Reminder to scalp all the early bird tickets and tell those dumb kids on tiktok their favorite actor is coming to DCC. Believe me, my uncle works for DCC!
They are willing to steal their dad's credit card to pay whatever price you demand until DCC releases their next batch of tickets.
>>
>>10850236
nederland is kut
>>
>>10879033
Is it confirmed yet that Henry Cavill could be comming?
>>
>>10879261
They will probably bring Christopher Reeve's old wheelchair and then announce superman is coming as an official guest.
>>
>>10879261
he couldnt even be fucked to do season 4 of the witcher, what makes you think he gives two shits about showing up to your third world con
>>
>>10879270
Wasn't he fired for being a toxic gamer or something?
>>
>>10878681
>>10878874
Oh, yeah, that 'totally subtle' voyeurism crap some dudes do is fucking gross. They know they're creepy so they try to be lowkey about it. I'm sorry you have to deal with that kind of crap. Kinda glad I don't go to cons desu.
>>
File: ChrisK.png (459 KB, 688x381)
459 KB
459 KB PNG
Who remembers... Him?
>>
>>10879510
He got unbanned?
>>
>>10879627
Not that I know of. Thank god.
>>
>>10879627
he will be, soon
>>
So Viencon is Viengone?
>>
>>10880390
Not yet. They still have to make a decision but don't be surprised if they pull the plug now that druggies have ruined their cozy little con.
>>
File: IMG_0436.jpg (935 KB, 1170x1736)
935 KB
935 KB JPG
So this just happened
>>
>>10881093
Glad to know od-chan didn't kill viencon. Hope she gets banned though together with the other assholes.
>>
File: F6Gj-grXQAAeEfX.png (276 KB, 579x716)
276 KB
276 KB PNG
Next con is MIA-BE
Finally the belgian con season is starting!
Its francophone centric but an excellent opportunity to interact with the french cosplay scene.
Got any good/ bad experiences at mia-be?
>>
>>10881455

>good
It's a large, bustling event, with lots of stuff to do. It's also in Brussels, which is a fine city to be in, and even if you don't have time to do much, the Atomium is right outside the Brussels Expo.

>bad
Like every easyfairs event, MIA-BE is ridden with bootleg. I was there in spring, and the amount of bootleg merch was staggering.
All the bootleg dealers from europe seem to converge at EF-cons.
>>
Nishicon got postponed
>>
So what's the deal with most of the Dutch cosplay leaving the cosplayvillage on DCC?
>>
>>10885200
They don't like doing the Macarena.
>>
>>10881381
She didn't get banned weirdly
>>
>>10885305
Banned by who? The Backside Boys?
>>
anyone got pictures of the unhinged sayori suicide cosplayer from facts who did it on the main stage during the catwalk?
>>
>>10887821
A cosplayed offed herself live on stage?
>>
>>10887855
nah just get on a stepping stool and held up the noose with her one hand
>>
>>10887907
Jesus christ lmao
>>
>>10884523
Minor update: Nishicon is now aiming for an April 2024 date. I wonder why they had to postpone in the first place. For a venue to know they won't have enough staff so far in advance and not doing anything about it seems off. Also don't most conventions handle nearly everything themselves when it comes to setup and execution?
>>
Seeing animecon desperate gives me feels.
>>
>>10891517
Explain?
>>
>>10868234
>>sexual assault allegations come out about a known photographer
I'm out of the loop. Which photographer?
>>
>>10887821
Lmao i need to see this
>>
File: IMG-20171225-WA0003.jpg (82 KB, 1600x1028)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Happy holidays gulls! My gift to you is an updated convention list with the 2024 conventions. More will come once dates become available.
https://rentry.org/cgldutchthread#2024-convention-calendar

Out of curiosity, is there anything you would like to see next year? New events, guests and whatnot?
>>
File: 1704578076022711.png (23 KB, 245x268)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>10896276
As someone who recently moved here, has 0 friends and rarely goes outside, I will use the list (maybe) (perhaps).
>>
>>10896276
Another list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19QGmdyRFwy4BZGOjXDoxgooSGAf9Xj18xkEtobLCuC0
>>
thread's dead baby, thread's dead
>>
>>10899683
Would Elfia Haarzuilens be worth traveling to from the UK? I skimmed the youtube videos of the cons on the list and it seemed the most fun. Price wise it doesn't seem much more than going to a non-local UK con.
>>
>tfw when no cosplaying dutch bf
>>
>>10905933
I would say so if you like fantasy fairs. I personally really like Elfia. Nice location, always something to do or see.

Unfortunately it's kinda shit if it rains a lot. But that's a risk you have to take.
>>
Facts 2024 spring had too much funko's. Lotsa cute girls though
>>
>book hotel for anime con
>think of it I booked right by the event center
>check reservation from email
>hotel is inside chinatown
How badly did I screw this up? Will train be okay? I do not want to taxi.
>>
>>10910719
Chinatown's street leads to Hollands Spoor on one side. If you take Tram 17 towards Wateringen from there and get out at the Volmerlaan stop, you're pretty much there already.

Be careful not to miss the last tram back though, I think the last one is around midnight or so.
>>
>>10911895
And there is Uber

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.