[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: goth meet.jpg (103 KB, 800x600)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
We haven't had these in a while

>Do you like your local community overall? Why/why not?
>What would you do to change it?
>Even if there are problems, are you glad you joined?
>What makes you the most salty about it?
>>
>>10887382
>>Do you like your local community overall?Why/why not?
I adore it, everyone is nice, there's no bullshit about letting pervs in, there's no drama
>>What would you do to change it?
Nothing <3
>>Even if there are problems, are you glad you joined?
Absolutely
>>What makes you the most salty about it?
That we don't get to have meets every month

I hear so much drama about other people's comms and then my comms is like a bunch of gals in their 30s just chilling. Stay mad zoomers
>>
File: 1686134684934526.jpg (98 KB, 880x440)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>10887382
How come everyone in this photo is thin when irl most gothic lolitas and goths in general are fat?
>>
>>10887422
Europe
>>
>>10887410
mmmm, are you sure there's not even one crossdresser/AGP in your comm anon?
>>
>>10887422
Looks like it's not from the US, Canada or any other english speaking country. Probably europe (could be germany) by the looks of things, maybe even eastern europe. Not the northern europeans, those comms are surprisingly fat.
>>
Yes, generally. It is pretty tight knit, laid back, and everyone seems fairly nice.
I wish the itas weren't so ita.
Yes.
There are some very young people who do not have much experience organizing meets. They tend to plan things last minute to the point no one can come and/or they conflict with already existing meets. Just lack of consideration, coordination and communication on their part I suppose.
>>
Eh, I like the legit friends Ive made but the comm itself is fucking autistic and full of fats.

Gate keep harder and unseat the current mod team

Eh….

Scrotes galore, fats galore, itas galore and broke bitches everywhere. Paying for meets/teas is met with cries of being poor but then when someone hosts a budget friendly meet, they cry they aren’t getting a full course tea service and someone to wipe their asses.
>>
>>10887382
For the most part, yes. It's relatively active, and big enough to easily form small groups.

Current mod team isn't great, and the community is pretty sweet-dominant, so it can be hard to drum up interaction if you aren't into AP or taobao.

Overall, yes. It wasn't hard to make a few friends and become mostly inactive in the main community.

We go through cycles of inactivity punctuated by little episodes of catty drama, and it's hard to make friends outside of IRL meet ups when people only talk in order to argue.
>>
>>10887458
are you in the seattle comm by any chance, anon?
>>
>>10887382
>Do you like your local community overall?Why/why not?
Not really. Its gotten worse over the 10+ years I've been in it. There are 2 known predators in the comm and mods are aware and allow them to be a part of the comm still. There is little to no moderation either.

Kick out the predators and elect new mods. The current mods are the reason why these sickos are allowed to still be a part of the comm.

>Even if there are problems, are you glad you joined? Yeah, I met some great friends over the years.

I am sickened yet disgusted that the mods are allowing known predators to participate in the comm. This shit wouldn't have flown if the original group mods were still in charge.
>>
>>10887382
i joined my local comm recently and it's a mess. i'm trying to get to know the normal lolitas as fast as possible just so i can leave.
everyone is very friendly and there is pretty much zero drama but due to the relaxed rules and comm leader it's an ita and troon fest. almost no one seems to be interested in lolita-fashion if it's more expensive than taobao and bodyline. the group chat is often filled with people sending in aliexpress and amazon links. most outfits for the meetups cannot even be considered coords as basic elements are missing. normie blouses + tights and streaky dyed hair with no bangs are also popular (cat ears are especially favoured by the males of the group kek).
the last meetup seemed to have been the worst in a while. not a lot of people were able to attend it so it ended up being 6 people - three of them males. all of our group pictures could be taken apart in the ita threads lmao. sometimes girls in actual lolita do show up so i'm just trying to find an opportunity to connect to those and leave. i fully understand everyone who's just a lonelita.
there's nothing worth saving, you'd need to start a new comm with the normal lolitas and gatekeep the hell out of it.
even with this whole mess i'm still happy to have met at least some normal lolitas. it makes me feel good when i can discuss this hobby with others who feel the same way. i will still leave though lol.
i'm just sad we don't have a real comm here. i think there are some semi-nearby ones but they host meets extremely irregularly (a few times a year).
>>
>>10887472
I'm curious how this went down, did someone gather and present proof of them being predatory to the mods and they just chose to ignore it?
>>
>>10887433
this is Finnish comm
>>
>>10887507
How long ago?
I used to think of northern European comms as decently dressed and mostly non fat, but the images I had seen in the last few years of northern european meetups were like 80% overweight/obese and was also told by northern european lolitas that's the reality now for many comms there. I realize there are multiple countries in northern europe so there may be big differences. Maybe most of the sweets are fat and the gothic lolitas are not (moitie doesn't cater to fats, but atepie does). The images strikes me as something I've seen from German gothic lolita meetups in the 2000s. I'm not saying I'm right about any this, but it's the impression I get as an outsider.
>>
>>10887382
I do, it's fairly active and I've met some good friends through it. I think we have a good split of goths, classics, and sweets. No one style feels over represented.

Keep it on one social media site. Chatting happens on Discord but events get posted on Facebook too. I think it's time we ditch Facebook, but people are still holding onto it.

Yeah.

There's a few awful people who are on thin ice. I'm waiting for them to do something extra stupid and finally get banned, but they're taking forever.
>>
I considered getting more into the local comm scene back in the day but never ended up mingling. When I tried to find any info this year it seems it's completely disappeared. There's absolutely no info I can find past like 2018 and it sucks (Estonia)
>>
>>10887566
what, I know that comm, joined just recently (shocked that someone brings up tiny comm like that tho, I can see how you think it dissapears)
>>
>>10887574
Is there any kind of online place of gathering? I know there used to be that one facebook group but it's dead now, and I didn't find anything else really when googling around
>>
>>10887432
There's one trans girl who probably dresses better than you <3
>>
>>10887620
>even one crossdresser/AGP
>There's one trans girl
Wow it's almost like you're saying they're the same thing?
>>
>>10887620
It sounds like you are the AGP/cross dresser and I just hit a bullseye, because no-one except for other pervs think your kind dresses well.
>>
My local comm is nice, the discord is fairly active too which I like as someone who hates facebook. The discord server makes it feel more like a community and is a great way to get to know other members. There's some itas, some people I wouldn't call ita but I wouldn't call good either, and some people with really amazing coords every time. Even the people I would consider "ita" don't really bother me because the comm itself has such a chill energy and everyone is just enjoying the fashion as opposed to secretly harboring vendettas or starting drama. We denied a sissy entry into the comm, there is one trans woman though who doesn't do anything weird and actually dresses a lot less ita than quite a few of the cis women or gendies LUL

The moderation is a bit disorganized so I'd try and make that more structured.

Yeah. I love going to meets and swap meets and there's always something fun about seeing a swarm of 20+ lolitas together in public

I wish they weren't such a hugbox sometimes, and I wish it was less cheap taobao-heavy at times.
>>
Overall yes. It’s a pretty big and active comm. Most of the people are well dressed enough and I like hanging out with them.
I’d like to see slightly more meetups in general and less casual meet ups.
Absolutely.
People being cheap. It’s something that’s happened in multiple comms I’ve been a part of but it’s so annoying. People whine when tea costs more than $40. Or they just want to go to a mall or park instead of somewhere nice. I spent good money on my shit. I want to go somewhere nice.
>>
Not anymore. I took a break from the social aspects of lolita for a few years and when I came back it felt like everyone over 26 who isn’t a huge ita had left the comm. It’s all they/them zoomer Taobao itas now. The majority seem to be cosplayers who see lolita as another flavour of cosplay, and most of the community’s meet-ups are centred around anime conventions now.
Scrap it and start over? I honestly don’t know. The culture has changed entirely. I wouldn’t mind starting a separate comm for grumpy old farts like me, but the Taobaolitas would just follow us in.
I had some good times but now I only stick around for swap meets. It’s the only kind of public meetup the older members show up for and they sometimes have good stuff to sell.
The gender stuff is annoying. Like 99% of them are girls who think they have too much personality to be “just” girls and the other 1% are guys who are trying to become their own qt loli waifu. And if you don’t play along you’re Literally Hitler, of course.
The other thing is that the fashion worn in my comm has changed beyond recognition, except for the oldschoolers. They seem to be the only ones who still wear lolita as clothes instead of anime con dress up and who can get away with coords that are suitable for everyday wear without being bombarded with advice on how the make the coord “more lolita”. I hate what Taobao has done to classic lolita especially. Not every coord needs a hoop skirt and a veil and fucking elf ears. It wouldn’t surprise me if they try to bring back those oversized scepters at some point.

>>10887528
Nta but I’d guess somewhere around 2007 to early 2010’s at the latest. It’s definitely not a recent picture.
>>

Yeah everyone is really kind. I was actually surprised how well dressed everyone is at my first meet, almost everyone in brand too.

There’s this one FTM (barely anything about the outfit egl, literally just wearing bloomers) starting crying about his ex. That was weird

Yes :)

How far I live away from the actual com, living in some shitty town that’s hours away
>>
Yeah! The people are mostly dressed well and even the poorfag and taobaolita members have a good eye and try their absolute best to style mediocre pieces properly. I much much much would rather see a high effort ita than a low effort ita in person. But If I see some cat ears otaku ita from the new comm members I'm going to cry. Also has a healthy mix of sweets, gothics and classics. For once the newbies are actually more interested in gothic and classic, most of the sweets are oldfags with money. The mods thankfully have good sense and crack down hard on sexualization of lolita and regularly divulge educational material and give out advice. It helps that they're like, genuinely enjoyable and interesting people to talk to and dress well.
Nothing really? I think the younger members will grow out of the annoying things they do and are into, I know because I'm a zillennial and I grew out of the gendie shit too kek. After looking at all the posts I find myself thankful that there's no men at all save for the "men" and non bineys too scared/too young to take T, a "man" that likes gyaru and has breasts too big to fit all of her gothic jsks and their "gay" boyfriends (kek). Hey, at least it's all women genderspecials and not men genderspecials. If I just play along they're not annoying and hate men too.
Yes, even if I live an half an hour to an hour away from most meets. The drive is enjoyable and at least I have a good meet to look forward to.
Eh... I don't like telegram and talking on discord is annoying, but it works. The comm is otherwise good but I hate the genshitters in the comm. But it's at least nice, where I live parents are strict so the parents do half the gatekeeping for us. No gendie hormones or genshin cosplays for you lol
>>
>>10887382
why are they black
>>
Yeah, they're fine. There's one newer member I don't particularly care for because she thinks she's more knowledgeable than she is, and every other sentence is "my autism" and "my disability". That shit gets old fast. But everyone else is fine.

Eh, I'm like some others itt in that I find all of the genderspeshul nonsense tedious. For 99% of them it literally IS a phase. To me there's a big difference between having a divergent sexual preference (which is normal and healthy), and trying to be a different "gender" (which has lost all meaning these days--at best they're just conflating gender and personality, but at worst it's indicative of a very worrisome self-hate which, sorry, isn't going to magically get fixed with pills and surgery). I don't hate them, but I pity them tremendously, and I've seen it take hold of too many people in my circle who are now more depressed than they used to be.

It just really seems like all of this is now part and parcel of existing in a lolita space, and it didn't used to be. But that's alt fashion for you, I guess.

Absolutely. Some of my best friends I met through my comm. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

I wish I had joined the community sooner. But apparently I just missed some of the worst drama when I did join, so maybe it's for the best.
>>
I wish I had a community to talk about. When I was new to the fashion the comm was organized only on FB and I've always hated that crappy website, so I didn't join. Nowadays I do follow some people on Instagram but most of the active members are poorfag itas. And the only lolita I know in my city is a MAN. I'm living in hell, fuck this place
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 236x214)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>10887718
Mood, anon. The local FB community dried up while I was out of the fashion due to life and now I'm totally lost outside of seeing one or two over at the local ren faire.
>>
>>10887472
Is this about AZ
>>
I don’t like my local com,

Taobao troons galore but even the other girls I just don’t feel any connection with. The age differences make things harder too, some members are 15 others are 30 and none of them are interesting to me.

It’s like no one wants to try. It makes me a little sad sometimes.
>>
>>10887580
I joined their fb group and then discord but now I’m not sure if we’re thinking of the same thing since their fb has more recent activity then what you mentioned. You could try to apply to join the fb group anyways..
>>
Tourist here. I remember seeing a very detailed gothic lolita corset dress posted here 3-4 years ago, it was from a popular brand. It looked high quality in everything and there were a lot of frills, the price was above 400 if I remember right. What brands come to mind? I can't remember at all. It wasn't punk at all, it looked almost like a mourning dress.
>>
File: atelier pierrot dress.jpg (203 KB, 1080x1080)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>10887817
Never mind I found it.
>>
Pardon my rudeness, I need help once again. Does anyone recognize all parts of this >>10887822 coord?
>>
>>10887382
>comm
The tourist above again. I read that as "coord" my bad. I'll take my leave, have a nice day.
>>
>>10887822
its literally in the filename retard. how do you function on a day to day level being this fucking dense?
>>
Any Seattle people around? I’ve only been to like one or two meetups but man the pictures I see of some coords keep me away. The events I did attend had some questionable coords.
>>
>>10887959
I’m the anon who posted previously asking about the Seattle comm. I was in for four years before leaving because I couldn’t stand the itas and fatties. All of their comm photos are messy as hell. Would you be OK sharing your email? Would love to talk!
>>
>>10887964
Are you a cow by any chance?
>>
>>10887490
Sounds a lot like my comm...
>>
>>10888008
No, I’m not. I’ve been pretty quiet in the community.
>>
>>10887964
Feel free to email me at cglthrowawayy@gmail.com
>>
>>10887490
Been there. I hope you're able to make some meaningful connections with the normal lolitas. Chances are they probably feel the same way you do and once you've got some solid friendships going it will have been worth enduring the short amount of time in a shitty comm. Just make sure to keep putting effort into those friendships after you leave and no longer have comm group chats and meets bringing you together.
>>
>>10887490
>>10888110
you gulls in my comm?
>>
YES! i'm actually so happy to have a nice community and there aren't any people with permaita mindset. feels good to watch each new lolita genuinely be interested in improving. it's very drama free which i think is an active effort by veteran members who are sick of vendettas. i have made close friends that i see outside of meetups, and the mod team is very serious about their job. there are a few people who seem to have the free time to consistently plan meets which is awesome. very grateful to have this community but really scared to move to a place with a dumpster fire comm.

honestly, nothing. is it a perfect group where everyone is well dressed and mature all the time? no. but i am glad that i am lucky enough to live in a place where people put lots of care and attention to the fashion and community.

absolutely

i am annoyed when newbies are advising newbies about purchasing low quality things and how some veterans step back because i'm guessing they dont want to deal with the bullshit. eventually though, i am always pleasantly surprised when the same newbies grow so much.
also, there are a few people that i'd easily stereotype as an annoying because they wear cheap and type with quirks or whatever. however i'm always pleasantly surprised each time as they grow in the fashion and even if they dress badly, they are kind.
>>
Yep! The regulars are all mostly older and also brandwhores so people are usually dressed well and there's very little drama, it's pretty nice. Some new people have joined, but they don't post or show up to anything so it's mostly just us geezers.

Trying to make it more active. We went on hiatus because of the pandemic but no one's really taken the initiative to start things up again.

Yes! I've made a lot of good, long-lasting friendships.

Not really salty about anything honestly. People just got busy with other things or moved onto other things. It happens. Not mad about it though, that's life.
>>
>>10887505
if it's about the AZ comm then yes that's actually what happened

>>10887490
make your own comm with the few real lolitas anon, say it's only for experienced lolitas
>>
>>10889359
>>10887773
Where is a writeup/rundown of this situation?
>>
how do you feel about Clown Themed lolita coords showing up?
>>
>>10889365
There’s no situation and there’s no “known predators,” some zoomer got kicked from the comm after harassing people for the kind of fanfic they write and hasn’t stopped bitching since.
>>
>>10889371
Not sure how it relates to the thread but I despise clown lolita and I hate that so many newbies think it's really a lolita substyle. Ugh. Thanks, lor.
>>
I bring my boyfriend multiple times to comms and never had an issue.
>>
>>10890318
why would you even need them there tho? it's just weird.
>>
>>10890338

protection
>>
>>10890246
>harassing people over fanfics
wat
>>
>>10890246
KEK, classic zoomer moment to equate writing gross fanfiction = predator
>>
>>10890338
they're their tard wranglers
>>
>>10890338
a butler 1 room over is a great convience
>>
>>10890338
I've never brought my bf to my meet (he would drop me off) but when I couldn't drive, he would take me to meets
>>
>>10890338
non lolita partners at meets are designed to function as bouncers and cameramen, obviously
>>
>>10890341
for girls that spend a lot of time talking about predators in the community, you sure are quick to excuse anything as long as it's "fanfiction".
>>
>>10890246
To be fair they harassed a bunch of other people but the weird fanfic vendetta is what finally brought down the ban when the mods couldn’t ignore the behavior anymore.
>>
>>10887382
103 KB JPG
I despise it. Mods are inactive but don’t like it when others plan events. Have a “you don’t need to wear jfashion to come!” Policy which means creepers need even less effort to show up. Lolcow mod. I left their discord because I couldn’t handle it.
Get rid of mod team. Add a dress code. Plan cute activities more than once a year
Yeah, I was able to meet the only other cute lolita in my area and we do stuff together instead. Jokingly call ourselves the secret shadow comm
Lolcow mod whos a youtuber always turns the one comm meet a year into her own personal meet-and-greet. Her skinwalker fans show up to talk to her only. Shes constantly filming events without asking if she can then they go on her youtube.
>>
I'd love to know if any of these are about the NYC community. I've thought about going to a meetup (been solo for 10 years) but I have no idea what the vibe is like...
>>
>>10891389
this sounds eerily like my comm
>>
>>10887382
>Do you like your local community overall?Why/why not?
It's not the best, but it just recently got revived from basically nothing, so I'm thankful it exists at all.
More activity. I can't even complain about itas or weirdos because I only really know 2 other comm members well.
Yeah. It's great to have likeminded people to hang out with, and wearing lolita with others feels special.
Probably the fact that the mods are completely inactive and that I had to create a discord for it
>>
>>10890246
I watched all that go down and the person who was accused of being a pedophile was actively reading and writing (and I think drawing?) porn of underage anime characters. There was one fan fiction that was tagged with underage rape and I was immediately creeped out and a little bit shocked that person was not been ban from the FB comm. I do think that the discord owner should not have made a public call out post just because it doesn't really do anything to make the situation better it definitely made things worse for her since she got banned. It's just some dumb zoomer posting to stir the pot. Aside from that the accused pedophile was definitely consuming fictional cp and I'm not trying to debate if fictional cp is the same as cp but it still makes me personally feel creeped out this person was thinking of minor characters in a sexual setting with an adult character. I'm still in the FB but I don't know if I want to attend meets anymore knowing this person is consuming this media. I don't think anything will come of it though since the mods seem to live on cgl rather than run their community.
>>
>>10890318
I hate it with a passion. I hate autistic moids in my EGL
>>
>>10891454
wow that's nasty, what a shitshow. i agree, fictional or not, i dont really want to hang out with anyone into loli/shota bs, let alone someone who produces it.
>>
>>10891455
going to sound mean, but I also dislike it when people feel like they can feel comfortable in a community without putting any effort in their social skills.

"haha, girls from the chan that are into lolita fashion. Surely they will be very welcoming and i can help ease out of my shell! oh no! I feel so out of place because everyone else is so pretty and I don't know how to respond to all the passive aggressive remarks made towards me! I am the only one that went alone! I don't know who to talk to and I don't know what to talk about! I am not having a good time at all! I'm going to seclude myself in my room forever now! "

People need to start making friends and get used to socializing before joining any type of community. If you cannot even talk to another human being without feeling comfortable then don't throw yourself into a convention expecting welcoming arms. You will just appear as an awkward freeloader that will most likely end up in a ita thread or cringe compilation.
>>
>>10891472
how are you supposed to make friends without a community you fucking retard
stop acting like a highschool mean girl, if some autist is sperging at a meet just shut up and get over yourself, don't cry and throw up about it on 4chan.
>>
>>10891491
you take it slow and try making friends online or talking to people at work/school more. Way better than sperging out on a comm then heading home to see videos of you on a ita thread.
>>
>>10891454
What fandom was it, just out of curiosity?
>>
>>10891454
Call me a prude but I hate how acceptable it has become to share your porn habits with people. If you’re at the point where you have drama with a fashion community over the kind of porn you get off to you’ve already crossed sexual boundaries that should not be crossed and deserve to get banned for that alone.
>>
>>10891454
I'm in the extremely unpopular minority these days that couldn't give less of a shit about fictional crap, unless you're being a weirdo and bringing it up at meets. I doubt this is the case knowing zoomers though, they love to dig up dirt on girls to call them pedophiles over anime characters but turn a blind eye to massive AGPs wearing diapers under their lolita dresses.
>>
>>10891454
what fandom?
>>
>>10891528
It was danganronpa fanfiction. the girl also had a bunch of detailed executions of all the characters. She had multiple ideas for Hiyoko that involve her being eaten/tortured by animals.
>>
>>10891525
over 30 here. if you don't want to be called a pedophile, don't coom to loli/shota in public. it's really that simple. id rather have sissies than lolicons in my community and it wasn't so long ago even talking positively about fictional kiddy porn was grounds for a 4chan IP ban. if anything zoomers are more pro-lolicon than users my age.
>>
>>10891529
isn't that the character whose whole trope is looking and acting like a 10 year old? picrel
>>
>>10891533
yeah.
>>
>>10891531
Over 30 myself, was raised on the pedobear jokes edgelord era of the internet and you rather have grown ass pedophile men getting boners in meets in front of real life underage girls than women writing anime fanfiction. Got it.
>>
>>10891420
If it is I wouldn’t be surprised lol. Though I’ve hardly ever seen other lolitas there, but we only have 1-3 events a year so I can’t remember back too far lel
>>
>>10891520
Did she share it with people at the meet? Writing fanfic in private under a pseudonym is different than openly talking about it with your comm.
>>
>>10891463
reddit ass meme
>>
>>10891528
Who gives a shit lol, if you're so worried about someone's weird fanfiction I have some news for you about the % of people in j-fashion secretly into ddlg, etc....
>>
>>10891564
I also asked what fandom, mostly because I was curious if they were writing fic about a character in high school, which, tbf, if you're at all into anime fandom and enjoy shipping, that's just the age of 80% of the characters... or if they were actually writing something more off-putting. But again, who cares if they were, especially if they weren't printing it out and showing it off at meets.
>>
>>10891566
I responded to the wrong post, sorry. Your question is valid.
>>
>>10891566
lol no.
>>
>>10891538
yes, i find lolicon disgusting regardless of the sex of the offender.

>>10891566
tell me you only consume anime aimed at children without telling me you only consume anime aimed at children

>>10891538
yeah, pedobear JOKES. actually posting loli was an instant ban.

all three of you can keep coping and seething but if i catch you in my comm i'm snitching. i don't want you around our teenage members if you jack off to kids.
>>
>>10891595
Let me tell you a little story related to the thread, when I was a teenager in the late 2000s there was one of your lovely sweet brolita massive sissies that you prefer over anime autists in my local comm. People coddled him and respected him for breaking "gender roles". Well turns out he was found promoting in sissy forums how lolita is a perfect fashion to wear "little girl clothes" outside and with women. He wore diapers under the dresses, got boners and masturbated over meets. These meets were full of real life teenage girls like myself, who were being sexualized and put unknowingly in these situations with disturbed men. This creep got banned, yet some lolitas still hung out with him because they believed him to be misunderstood or kink shamed. These days, these "stunning and brave trans women" don't even get banned anymore.

Peak handmaiden is screaming and crying over pixels like some girl is gonna molest a child because she wrote some danganronpa fanfiction but then saying you would prefer dealing with sissies at meets. Even though it's been proven multiple times, not just a "if you like this you must be a predator" hearsay, that a lot of these guys are being inappropiate towards minors and making the meet, fashion and the girls that participate in it a fetish.

If this woman was using this fanfiction to groom or shared her gross shit with others in the meet it would be one thing, but if she didn't bring it up in any way and this was the typical zoomer digging dirt for a callout I don't see why she has to be banned.

Also yes, most anime characters are teenagers, even for anime aimed at adults. I wouldn't consider Akira made for kids. You're pearl clutching about this topic in /cgl/ which at it's board peak I remember being full of sexy Yoko Littner cosplay, a fictional 14 year old.
>>
>>10891495
My Hero Academia
>>
>>10891538
I'm older gen and also managed to catch that era and participate in it, and to me anon just seems like one of those bitchy tumblr millennials. Are you seriously more worried about pixels and drawings and fics than a real life agp in your comm? Oh boo hoo, muh heckin fictional anime childerinos. Get a grip. Acting like someone raped a toddler because of fanfiction while there's a man in your comm actively predating on people kek
>>
>>10891649
I don't give a fuck what's in her bookmarks tab; mine are that "bad" too but I at least keep them private so people don't go snooping. Unfortunately, this girl was silly to let non-chill lolitas find out she's into this stuff.

There's not a small percentage of western and Japanese lolitas who are into BL, fanfic, shipping, etc.
>>
>>10891541
Not at all, someone directly asked her if it was brought up at meets and the zoomer said no. Zoomer had to go digging all through their personal accounts and screenshotted and was yelling about it to anyone who would listen, they were straight up stalking and harassing the fanfic author. I looked for myself to make a judgment call and didn't find anything explicit.
>>
>>10891602
don't forget all the sissies stealing tumblr pics of sometimes underage girls and writing their gross sissy ageplay fanfics with stolen pics. but anon wouldn't care about the real danger that could pose to the girls in the photos, obviously.
>>
>>10891595
I'm curious, do you know how old this comm member was? Danganronpa was first released in 2010 and My Hero Academia in 2014, both over/almost 10 years ago. They could have been a teenager/the same age as these characters when they first started writing the fanfics.
>if i catch you in my comm i'm snitching
You sound insufferable.
>>10891529
>pearl clutching over fanfic of character deaths in a game where the whole premise is people murdering each other
You too if you're not the same anon. You're better off being a lone-lita or starting your own comm with the AGP sissies as you're clearly unhappy with the state of your current local comm.
>>
>>10891602
>>10891651
Anon is a major retard for preferring sissies to female fanfiction writers but I’m honestly very confused about this being framed as an either-or situation at all. In my comm, the female coomers are the ones who are actively inviting and enabling the male ones. They’re the ones yelling that it’s natural, be more sex positive, don’t be such a puritan etc. and creating an environment where these men can openly practice their fetish and anyone who isn’t okay with that gets shamed for being a sex negative hater prude. It was like this even before trans became a get-out-of-jail-free card. I remember as far back as 2007, it was the yaoi girls who would shout down anyone who expressed discomfort with the sissy flashing his bloomers with “ugh lolitas don’t have to be innocent lovelies, get over yourself”. Even now it’s the ouji-wearing women (sorry, “trans femboys”) who are still obsessed with Black Butler who are the biggest handmaidens I know.
Is this really unique to my comm?
>>
>>10891715
Nayrt
>Is this really unique to my comm?

Sounds like this isn't rare. I remember seeing this.
>>
>>10891715
I don't think it's unique, no. In my opinion the age groups and fandoms have switched around, so like instead of black butler it'd be something like genshin or some other recent obsession with pretty boy media. If it were me I'd temper it, if they write fic and are normal it's fine, there's some girls in my comm who are openly artists but they don't go around the table in explicit detail describing what they like to read and draw. But if someone's an honest-to-god porn addict who can't shut up, yeah. They're without fail the handmaidens in my experience. In my specific case it's all the newbie genshitters. Newbie is not derogatory, genshitter is.
>Even now it’s the ouji-wearing women (sorry, “trans femboys”) who are still obsessed with Black Butler who are the biggest handmaidens I know.
I swear all fujos can only fall into 2 pipelines, they either are extremely based or go completely full retard and "discovers" that she's trans because she always wanted to be in her yaois
>>
>>10891602
i don't want pedophiles of any kind in my community. if someone's just crossdressing and not doing any predatory shit, that's preferable to me than having someone who is evidenced to regularly jack off to teenagers in a group where there are teenagers around.

if you want neither, that's fine too, but it's hypocritical to exclude cross dressers for potential pedophilia but then defend someone with substantiated pedophilia just because she's a woman in the same breath. if anything it reeks of projecting.

you clearly do not actually care about the safety of teenage girls if a man in a dress bothers you more than lolicon and you'd be shrieking at the top of your lungs if a moid did the same thing. if you want to stay in EGL communities, just don't write lolicon. it's that easy.
>>
>>10891744
no everyone jacks off to fanfic, even if they read it and write it. please hang out with more older fujos and you’ll realize this. you sound retarded.
>>
>>10891747
*not everyone
>>
no because troons
not allow men or other gendertards
no i left
mods dont care about the safety of women or minors
>>
>>10891744
>if someone's just crossdressing and not doing any predatory shit, that's preferable to me
how tf do you know they're not doing it to jack off though? sissies get of to the CROSSDRESSING itself, they don't have to be acting sexual or anything. i knew someone through friends who crossplayed and he had a vibrator in his ass and a chastity cage on under his cosplay, he got caught jacking off in his hotel after being out crossplaying. same thing that sissies do. that's why sissies are creepy, they get off to the idea of being dressed up like a girl and doing traditional girl things, you don't know if a crossdresser is sporting a boner under his petticoat at the tea party. atleast if a weeb is into lolicon fanshit there is 0 chance that lolita is contributing their fetish. why is this so hard to process? and people attracted to lolis are more attracted to the aspects of the character that distinguishes them as underage, like randoseru or crayons and stuff, because anime characters often look the same and require context to express their age.
>>
>>10887382
I do. They're very active, pretty laid back, and have a greater scope of interest than just EGL as an image-only fashion

Get people to actually use the Facebook pages they hype. It always ends up with last minute event pages being put up with hurried invites because the principal people communicate try messenger, and then realize that they should actually tell people that the event is going on. When people can't immediately schedule around work and life, they bitch that for the turnouts are always low.

I am. My community is very big on social gatherings, and there's a lot of crossover with historic customers and reenactors that gave me resources and interests into new things. I even met an old school /cgl/ namefag who is really nice.

As mentioned, the absolutely shitty communication. Everything is last minute, and they wonder why people have to scramble when they have been talking about it for months in various personal chats, and then only remember to make fee event page a week in advance.
>>
>>10891765
do you just not understand the sheer cognitive dissonance it takes to defend lolicon in the same breath as decrying fetishists? clown.
>>
>>10891782
i didn't defend them at all, i was saying that lolitas don't appeal to lolicons because they're not acting like children. how was that defending them?
>>
>>10891782
NTA but where exactly? The only thing vaguely positive she said is lolicons won't be interested in lolitas explicitly. Are you just grasping at straws because you never considered sissies just get turned on by clothes? No one has been defending lolicons, but you certainly are defending sissies.
>>
>>10891866
>>10891867

this entire conversation has been about a woman who was banned from her comm for writing lolicon. learn to backread.
>>
>>10891696
I'm not sure what you saw but I saw "underage rape" and I'm not Einstein but I think that's pretty explicit.
>>
>>10891704
The accused pedophile is 30
>>
>>10891966
read who >>10891765 was replying to, retard.
>>
>>10891966
No she hasn't been banned. The girl who called her out got banned.
>>
>>10891776
I'm going to guess either Virginia or Maryland.
>>
>>10892071
that's worse. if calling out a lolicon is a bannable offence it's so over
>>
>>10891776
>there's a lot of crossover with historic customers and reenactors
That sounds really interesting. Does this mean your comm has a large proportion of people who sew their own clothes, and maybe more classic lolitas? Tell me yes so I can live vicariously through you lmao
>>
Does your local comm have anything planned for ILD?

I'm curious about the Houston comm, but haven't touched it since the Matsuri blowup.
>>
>>10891715
I didn’t know black butler was still popular among gendies
>>
>>10892208
Houston's fine. Nobody there supports Matsuri.
>>
>>10891729
>they either are extremely based
fuck. no.
>>
>>10887528
It's from pretty long ago, I think it's from 2010 or so. Nowadays from what I've seen the finnish comm mostly has fat or at least chubby lolitas, a thin finnish lolita is a rare sight.
>>
i'm in two comms: for where i live now and where i'm moving next summer
current comm: kind of dead but it's nice, meets are usually pretty chill and i always like talking about releases with the people there. wish the mods would push harder for a discord though cause just talking through the fb group can be kind of annoying
new comm: much more active but seems to have more drama involved (i've seen this comm talked about on lolcow/here) ... ack...
current comm: more activity/events (though the area is a little small and we don't have a lot to do here so it makes sense, plus all of us are college or full time workers so), discord server
new comm: mods being less lenient about people who are obviously fetishists or predatory/dangerous being in the community, less children please i am not a babysitter
yes for both, i like learning more about wider communities
there's someone in my current comm who is so fucking annoying about being "plus sized" despite being barely above straight sizing and the same height as me (a tall-lita) but the same person gave me two free brand dresses bc both didn't fit them so i guess its fine
>>
Is there a very active comm in Virginia? Can anyone tell me what it's like? there is a slim possibility of me living there for a while and I'm curious. Praying for something ita-free.
>>
>Be me
>Move 2 months ago
>Finally join local community
>Community modded by infamous LJ cow

Why do I even bother?
>>
>>10894366
Where in Virginia? There are comms in NoVa (northern Virginia, near DC) and Hampton Roads (Norfolk, Virginia Beach) areas afaik.
>>
>>10887382
Yeah, we're pretty chill. All in our late 20s to mid 30s. There was a troon but he hasn't been to a meet in ages and the new mods have decided if he came back he'd get banned.
Not much. I wish there was more to do besides getting food but that's my city's problem more than the comm's.
Yes. I've made friends in the comm and we hang out outside of it, it's a good comm even if it could be a bit more active. Much better than our sister city's comm, which is full of underages, itas, and troons.
The troon not being permabanned years ago.
>>
>>10887718
Most comms have moved to other platforms by now
>>
>>10894383
sorry never saw this! Any of those comms, really, I'm thinking the Hampton Roads area comm will probably be closer (idk where I'll be specifically though), I'm just curious if any virginia nonnies can tell me what their comms are generally like, if there's any drama to avoid, if there are frequent meets.
>>
>>10894366
You’re out of luck if you want something sans itas there
>>
>>10887382
Old fart here. I left the community many years ago because the german scene consists of weeaboo itas and small circles of elitist bitches. Mentally stable and grown ass people were hard to find, so I left. I had a good time back in the 00s but I witnessed so much drama I just lost interest.
We had a nice online community for a few years but it was run by a nazi snob with ongoing drama and if you don‘t want to support such people it was hard to avoid all the people involved at bigger events. Besides that the local meetups are full of weeaboo teenagers or boring normies who just want to be seen with expensive burando but without anything interesting to say. Still wear the fashion on private events but the community… nope!
>>
>>10892895
you got free shit and have the nerve to bitch about it online? get rekt plz
>>
>>10894879
>small circles of elitist bitches
You're probably too insufferable or ita yourself to be in their friend group.
>>
>>10894974
It's obvious that her own coords are mediocre or worse, otherwise she would not be complaining about "elitist bitches" or "boring normies who just want to be seen wearing expensive burando". What a weird opinion to have in any case. Like, what does she want lolitas to be like?
She's old enough, and has been into lolita for long enough, to have saved up for a closet full of expensive burando herself even if she does have a low income. She hasn't, which suggests she has another reason not to have done this. Most likely doesn't fit into said burando. So she has a closet of fanplusfriend, bodyline and shitty looking custom or plus sized friendly non jp brand. So she goes sour grapes on the people who wear the things she wishes she could.
>>
My new comm is interesting. Mostly itas, but they’re all generally nice and decent to be around. My old comm had fewer itas but had some seriously cringe behavioral issues for grown ass women. I’m still not sure if I’d rather have visual or behavioral itas, but I guess it’s too much to ask for a comm which both knows how to dress and how to behave like an adult.
>>
>>10895046
Not to play devils advocate but:

1. Elitist doesn’t necessarily mean lolita fashion related and doesn’t always mean the persons perception is wrong or informed by jealousy. One of the worst human beings I’ve ever interacted with in lolita was elitist in that she thought her all burando coords would salvage her shit personality and attitude. She genuinely looked and dressed pretty well, but was super gross behaviorally and looked down on people who either didn’t wear brand or outsourced certain pieces of their coord. She ended up getting banned anyways. I call people elitist when burando is their whole personality and they can’t function with the fact that not everyone wears only brand.

2. Boring normies are more of a con-lots thing, but I’d argue that 50%+ of any newcomers are otherwise boring and looking for something fun and quirky and edgy. They’re usually poorfag, but every now and again we get a wealthy one who does stuff like pay 600+ for an old AP lucky pack.

Not saying op is necessarily squeaky clean here, but some of these points are valid I think.
>>
>>10895071
1; I've been in the community for a quite some time and every time (no exceptions) anyone complained about any lolita (or lolitas in general) being elitist the complainer had a problem with the fact that lolita has rules/guidelines, or that people were recommending that they get better quality items and were giving them recommendations on where to get it secondhand, and telling them to avoid buying lolita on amazon. In none of the cases I've ever seen was the person (or persons) accused of being an elitist an actual elitist. I'm sure they exist, but there's a reason why I think the people anon is accusing aren't actual elitists.
The anon's comment is full of resentment, that puts her claim into question.

2; what do you need to be in order to not be a boring normie? I wonder what makes someone a boring normie, and what doesn't.
>>
>>10895080
I guess I’m both cases what I’m getting at is lolita is not a personality trait, and both the “elitist” I knew and the boring normie vibe failed to understand that.

90% of the time though elitist is just a term used by poorfags and plus sized complainers.
>>
>>10895080
Exact same experience here lol.
>>
>>10895090
>I guess I’m both cases
What?
>>
It’s mostly fine overall. I left for a while but ended up coming back once most of the old, annoying members had left.
Maybe have more meetups for experienced lolitas only, we have a lot of new girls and they’re all pretty grating. I don’t want to answer questions about how to order from lacemarket or hear you ask what Victorian Maiden is. I also don’t want to hang out with girls wearing horrible Taobao dresses. I wish there was a nicer way to say a meet was for experienced members only and not have newer girls throw a fit.
At the end of the day, yeah. I’ve met some really nice people and made some good friends. I’ve also gotten some good deals at swap meets kek
There’s one particular girl who is so fucking stupid that sometimes I don’t go to meetups because I don’t want to be around her. She’s been wearing lolita for a decade and has one brand dress. She probably couldn’t tell you which dress Sugary Carnival is out of a lineup even though she wears sweet, and she thinks we’re best friends.
>>
>>10895206
>There’s one particular girl who is so fucking stupid that sometimes I don’t go to meetups because I don’t want to be around her. She’s been wearing lolita for a decade and has one brand dress. She probably couldn’t tell you which dress Sugary Carnival is out of a lineup even though she wears sweet, and she thinks we’re best friends.

I want to hear more please, this is really entertaining. What does she wear when she's not wearing her one brand dress?

>I wish there was a nicer way to say a meet was for experienced members only and not have newer girls throw a fit.

call it veterans day. But this sort of thing will always be impossible to plan for publicly, because there are usually rules against excluding members when planning an event/meet on your local comm platform. And even if it was possible some people would think you only needed to be into lolita for x amount of time to qualify, but then you'd get your resident perma ita(s) attending. The only way you can plan a meet for exclusively seasoned lolitas is by planning it privately and only inviting people you know dress well.
>>
>>10895206
> I wish there was a nicer way to say a meet was for experienced members only and not have newer girls throw a fit.
Usually what people do in this case is host more expensive meets. You will get pushback from the newer girls but if they're not willing to spend x amount on high tea or something that's their problem and you won't have to deal with them at the actual meet. It will just be the girls willing to pay for something expensive, which are usually the more experienced ones with nice wardrobes already. The ones who are just starting out probably won't want to spend that money they could've otherwise spent on a dress so you'll weed them out that way without having to specify some arbitrary amount of experience in the fashion.
>>
>>10895224
You can also host meets with a brand theme or meets for a specific print.
>>
>>10895206
>I also don’t want to hang out with girls wearing horrible Taobao dresses
This is what most people mean when they say elitist imo. It's one thing to say "I don't want to hang around badly dressed people" but saying taobao as a whole? That's kinda the problem.

Brand itas are every bit as annoying/badly dressed. Sometimes brand itas are even more annoying because in my comm the two of them just talk nonstop about their *brand*, as if it's some extremely expensive, hard to acquire thing. Nothing says poorfag to me faster than thinking brand is actually expensive and hard to get. Few things are more irritating to me than a girl wearing a third rate MTO Sugary Carnival coord shitting on other girls coords based solely on the brand of their main piece. Like girl, brand or not, you can't dress yourself, and the one girl squeezes into every single brand dress she owns looking like a bratwurst. Get Meta at least jeez.

I can relate on the stupid people though. Sometimes I think the normie assumption that lolita is ageplay comes from the fact that it seems like every comm has at least one lolita with an IQ of 80 who genuinely acts like a child. There's a girl in my comm that I genuinely can't tell whether or not she's developmentally delayed, just stupid, or if that's like the persona she puts on? Has anyone else ever seen or met someone who puts on a different persona when they wear lolita? I avoid being seen in public with her at all costs.
>>
>>10895232
nayrt but it's only "the problem" if you get offended by everything. The large majority of lolita main pieces on taobao/from chinese brand just aren't good enough quality for a lot of lolitas, or it's just a design that's not considered good taste. And the few ones that are are usually at the same price point as jpn brand or just under it, at which point most lolitas will opt for jpn brand instead. Some styles are also underserved on the chinese lolita market (mainly old school sweet, gothic lolita, classic lolita). It really is mostly sweet or sweet leaning classic.

Most beginners these days start with taobao. Most experienced lolitas don't wear taobao main pieces anymore (if they ever did). So I 100% see why anon would say that.

Brand itas are every bit as gross as any other ita, might be even worse if they think they're better than other better dressed people with less brand. But no-one is denying that.
>>
>>10895232
Can relate, it feels like you're talking about my comm but honestly I'm sure all comms are like this now
>>
>>10895234
>tb brands that are good are close in price to Japanese brands

No, not even close. Some tb brands are pricey, but the quality ones I’m thinking of are still about $100 less than AP, for example, mind you AP quality is honestly worse than some of the top tb and indie brands at this point. Hating on taobao categorically is so dated and ignorant at this point, and whenever I hear it all I get out of it is that this person clearly doesn’t know how to shop on tb, because there’s a lot of really really nice stuff on there these days. Tb isn’t what it was in 2010.
>>
>>10895248
>Tb isn’t what it was in 2010.
you're right, it's worse. brands don't care about trying to be close to jp brands or keep the soul of lolita, they care about marketing it as uniquely chinese. back in 2010 brand whores were salty about the cost difference, now it's basically an entirely different fashion. there were much nicer tb brands a decade ago.
>>
>>10895232
That’s why I specified “horrible” Taobao dresses. I don’t care if someone shows up in something nice. If a girl shows up in a nice Krad Lanrete JSK or something, that’s cool. It’s those dresses that feel like a different fashion entirely that I think are awful. They’re so costumey and cheap looking.

>>10895218
She usually wears Bodyline, and not the stuff that’s kind of charming in a nostalgic way but just kind of mediocre stuff. She also wears handmade accessories and they’re really unfortunate. She has some other extremely funny quirks but they’d give away what comm I’m in if anybody else from it spotted my post.
>>
>>10895250
>soul of Lolita
Kek. The fashion has evolved and it’s not because of tb brands so much as the Chinese market which AP itself shamelessly caters to. Sorry to tell you this granny but fashion evolves and it typically follows where the sales are. China has the biggest market, so it also has the biggest influence. That has nothing to do with tb brands themselves.
>>
>>10895254
none of what you're saying is true or has anything to do with my point.
>>
>>10895224

This. This is the answer if you want to spend time with well dressed/experienced lolitas in your comm
>>
>>10895261
There’s no “soul” of Lolita nonny. It’s not exempt from the trends and sways of style and preference. Your precious Japanese brands are in fact part of the problem you’re describing but by all means keep clutching your pearls and pretending it’s all big bad tb brands out here ruining the fashion.
>>
>>10895263
You can also just do private meets or meets where people would have to drive to get there. Idk if it’s just my comm but all the itas in my comm can’t drive kek. In general the more investment/effort it takes to attend, the less likely itas will go. Funny how the effort they put into the fashion is just as low for attending meets as it is for dressing themselves
>>
>>10895265
Why is it that itas so often don’t drive? Maybe it’s the age factor? Or the poorfag factor? I’ve noticed it’s true about 80% of the time.
>>
>>10895248
I'm going to preface this by saying I'm into old school. That's what 99% of my wardrobe is and what my reference point for quality is.
A lot of taobao brands said to be "decent quality" just aren't compared to (especially older) jp brand items imo. I don't know what's exactly going on with current state of AP and MMM quality, I don't care and I've never touched the new stuff. The brand that has been compared to jp quality the most is hinana queena, is it really that much cheaper than jp brand?

I don't hate taobao, I wish there were more items I liked enough to buy. But so far it's only been shoes that I liked.
I followed chinese lolita updates for years because I wanted to like something.
A while ago I was interested in 2 brands that offered cotton blouses and dresses in a sweet leaning classic style, as I wanted to use these for more daily activities (not having to worry about it too much) but then I saw the reviews and that killed my interest.
Sometimes new brands pop up that I'm interested in but I always end up disappointed. I saw a blurry picture of someone in a brand I didn't recognize, she said it was Kuno-noku. I checked it out and it's really a shame that it looks so handmade.
If there was a taobao brand that was equal in quality as my old school stuff, and it was cheaper, then I would know and I would have a lot of that brand.
>>
>>10895264
i mean the design sensibilities and materials not whatever touchy feely nonsense you're assuming.
>>
>>10895264
NTA but it's been pointed out multiple times that Chinese lolita is different for a variety of reasons and that it's made to be distinct from Japanese lolita purposely. If you want to suck Chinese dick so hard go back to tiktok.
>>
>>10895267
autism factor, unironically
>t. can't drive but can afford brand

>>10895268
Owning both quality taobao and nu AP, I can tell you that the first is often better than the last kek. But I don't wear oldschool, my oldest piece is an AP set from 2010. I'd say that until 2016-2017 AP was definitely above taobao in terms of quality, from my experience. Then it started to go downhill. Some pieces are better than others but not on par with the older ones.
>>
>>10894565

Hope you’re still here anon. I was there for a while but ended up moving further north. HR comm is small, and from what I understand was dead for a long time so people are trying to revive it with more meets post pandemic. Mostly afternoon tea, museum visits etc etc.

Everyone was kind and interesting to talk to, no drama at all. The veterans are well dressed and the newbies are willing to take advice to get better, it was pretty chill overall. There is a split because of the peninsula, though. Be prepared to drive 20-40 minutes depending on where the meets are hosted.
>>
>>10895267
They often convince themselves that they're too ~neurodivergent~ to be able to drive, or they're younger and don't have a car yet (usually it's the former). Like another anon said the reason is usually autism, whether genuine or self-diagnosed thanks to misinforming Tiktoks. It's not so much they don't have the money for a car, it's just that they don't want to do anything they deem too difficult, and others are genuinely terrified of it.
Some people genuinely shouldn't be on the road, don't get me wrong, and car/driving phobias are legitimately hard to overcome. But a lot of these people are just lazy and expect others to carry them around, similar to their taste in fashion and inability to improve. I've noticed a lot of otherwise normal functioning itas refuse to drive too so I think it's genuinely just the "I want to live my life in easy mode I'm too autistic to do hard things" mindset.
>>
>>10895371
In my comm the whole “itas don’t drive” trope fits like a glove. Though all of them claim to be autistic, they also claim to have about 1500 other rare disabilities that they’ve definitely seen online somewhere and too poor to have a car. I think they go the “muh disability” route because it’s less embarrassing than saying they can’t afford a car.

But this one girl in particular is such a stereotypical sjw snowflake that it’s a bit jarring. Blue hair, claims to have a ton of disabilities including Eds, DID, and autism of course and says she can’t drive because of her DID??? Everyone just kinda smiles and nods with her and we’re all just waiting for her to leave. She already had a big hissy fit over accommodations because apparently one of our meets in a very loud brightly lit place was too overstimulating. I feel bad because I never want to dismiss peoples disabilities, but I also just can’t bring myself to believe her for a fraction of a second after she got caught lying about being diabetic. I really wish you could ban someone for that kinda thing but all you can hope for is that they’ll be too embarrassed to come back after that, but these people have no shame. She’s literally the reason my friend group started doing private meets
>>
>>10887472
For the last fucking time, my hero academia fan fic does not make someone a pedophile

If they're actually a predator, REPORT THEM TO THE LOCAL POLICE WITH THE EVIDENCE YOU HAVE

why are you anonymously posting about a predator instead of exposing them in their city/state?

Zoomer activism is insane
>>
>>10895620
take your meds. anon mentioned nothing about fanfic. it sounds like you got outed for writing some though.
>>
>>10895632
Anon is off their rocker, but it is very annoying how loosely the term “predator” is used. If everyone that wrote or read some nsfw fan fiction involving minor characters was banned there’d be no one over 25 left. I’ve seen those ao3 logos in people’s bookmark bars and there’s some racy stuff. So what. Imaginary characters are being harmed, best go to the police about it. At the risk of sounding like a total incel, showing vague interest in someone doesn’t make you a predator either.
>>
>>10895635
>there’d be no one over 25 left
delusion
>>
>>10895636
I mean maybe your comm is different but both mine and the one the next state over are chock full of fujos in their late twenties early thirties. It is what it is.
>>
>>10895638
based comm
>>
>>10887773
No, because this person said "10+ years" in their post and the zoomer that kicked that whole thing off is only like 20 years old and was only in the comm for about 2 years.
>>
I do like mine since it's a small circle of about twenty women, but they sometimes want to spend time with another comm full of gendies, handmaidens and one man that is a ~special uwu soft snowflake no concrit pls Imma die~ and I don't go to all meetups.
Honestly if they continue wanting to meet with retards I'll go lonelita.
Yes, I find the social aspect nice, but can also get it elsewhere.
See above, plus: we have one girl that comes to meets once a year in vintage medieval clothes and for the love of frills I can't comprehend why she is still a member
>>
>>10895658
Same in my comm lol, there is one LARP girl who wears her fighting gear thats slighty cute to meets for whatever reason and calls it lolita
>>
>>10895665
Peak cringe. Tbh I think I’d rather see furry Lolita.
>>
>>10895693
Personally I disagree. I think we're all tired of seeing the same exact three eye furry in our feeds. It's not original at all.
>>
>>10895709
doesn't she wear brand though? it's not that bad considering she actually wears lolita over the fursuit.
>>
>>10895717
It doesn't matter if it's brand or not. Furry is degenerate. Who knows what she's doing to her dresses. I've blocked her a long time ago.
>>
>>10895756
What a weird take. DESU I hate furries but still find her stuff kinda interesting. Not my cup of tea but who honestly cares? I’ve seen far worse behavior and coordinates from non-furries.
>>
>>10895759
Defending degenerates is weird, nonny. Seek help.
>>
>>10895709
Nayrt. All furry is sus. That white 3 eyed head I've been seeing around isn't even the cutest, it's creepy in a not cute way. I don't care if furries wear brand or mass produced garbage, I just would rather not see them pop up when I'm looking at coords at all. Next time it pops up again I'll be following your lead and blocking that account.
>>
>>10895756
you know there have been furries in the GLB snaps, right? furry/"kemono" shit in japan is more about mascots than fetish shit. i suspect cat chan is probably in that category, since her suit appears to be more japanese/kemono style than western style furry
>>
>>10887422

Finnish young people in that pic. I know six of them. Over 10 years later only two of them have turned into American weight.
>>
>>10895268
and even Hinana Queena is noticeably cheaper quality despite $300+ prices. I'd rather buy used burando any day.
>>
>>10895308
>Owning both quality taobao and nu AP, I can tell you that the first is often better than the last kek.
so you don't know anything about grammar OR lolita fashion, got it.
>>
>>10896074
NTA but nu ap really is shit quality. I wouldn’t go as far to say that it’s consistently worse than taobao, but it really is bad, especially for the price point. Yolanda’s fondant carnival is definitely better quality, and comes in at the fair price of ~$150.
>>
>>10895783
>furry/"kemono" shit in japan is more about mascots than fetish shit.
no it's not. japan just doesn't differentiate fetish fashion shit from regular fashion.
>>
>>10896136
me when i've never been to japan and just make shit up
>>
>>10896136
At least kemono comes off as cute and not inherently fetishistic like with western furries.
>>
>>10896166
if you look up pictures of japanese kemono conventions there'll be hundreds of them and not a single one in fetish gear. animal mascots are huge in japan, and companies sometimes use kemono suits for their mascot characters, there's a famous cat one that works for a pudding brand, and there's some sanrio suiters that often show up for liz lisa and other jfashion collabs, so i suppose there's more of a sense of professionalism/family-friendly vibe involved, and it's unlikely that the suit is any more than a cosplay/hobby to them. japanese culture is more stiff about sex and fetish stuff than the west (at least in public), so it's likely that if kemono didn't have a squeaky clean image, it wouldn't be allowed in public venues at all, or would be restricted to specific districts, and it certainly wouldn't be used by major companies to promote their products.

vs western furries, where the suit is usually an extension of their "fursona" and more of an identity/kinnie/whatever thing to them, so the suits are used as a means to LARP out whatever (usually sexual) fantasy they have about being a neon fox. you'll notice in the west furries are mostly distinct from mascots, and animal mascots have become kind of rare these days (probably because of the tony the tiger twitter page incident). no company would ever use a fursuit to promote anything, and furries have become practically synonymous with sex and fetish content.

i'm sure there's closet perverts in the kemono community but they definitely aren't the majority like they are here. honestly it's a completely different thing from western furries to me.
>>
>>10896164
NTA but there is *some* evidence to suggest that this might be somewhat true. Inclusion of fetish gear in a lot of street fashion, and the fact that the person who is credited with establishing and popularizing lolita fashion is clearly and openly a fetishist of some sort or another, or at least he really really really looks like it. One of the Fujos in my comm won’t stfu about it.
>>
>>10896166
I wouldn’t call furries inherently fetishists but the ones that are are so obnoxious that it looks that way. Two of my high school BFFs are into it and it is still pretty controversial to fetishize it at least in their circle. My old comm def had a few run ins though, with both furries and cosplayers who clearly missed the memo that while lolitas might go to conventions, lolita events are not mini conventions
>>
>>10895803
>only two of them have turned into American weight
which ones
>>
>>10895265
>>10895267
>tfw I don't drive
>>
>>10895803
Finnish newlita here. Is there any way to get to know people outside cons? Does any major cities have communities?
>>
>>10895267
The fact that I know people that fit this bill got me cackling. The ones that refuse to drive most likely can't drive to work and are poor which leads to not having money to spend on coords
>>
>>10899692
instagram > porosuomenlolitat
facebook > groups/555154247932508/

Good luck nonny!
>>
>>10895267
i'm one of the best dressed people in my comm and don't drive. but yeah it's definitely the autism factor kek. i just uber to any meets that are further than a mile from a bus stop.
>>
>>10895638
NY comm?
>>
>>10899920
>i'm one of the best dressed people in my comm
Sure you are
>>
>>10891966
wait, from what I saw posted, the accused person didn't even WRITE these fanfics, just bookmarked other peoples'? We're calling this woman a whole ass lolicon pedo because she... read a fanfic someone else wrote, with someone else's tags on the fic? This is full retard fyi
>>
>>10900766
It is which is why the person who harassed her was banned from the comm. the zoomer who manufactured all the drama had beef accused with proof of bullying and harassing multiple members. Going after fanfic girl is what finally got their ass booted from the comm.
>>
>>10900766
reading kiddy porn does make you a pedo yes.
>>
>>10900967
Its not kiddy porn you drooling troglodyte. Ask me how I know its true that zoomers/gen alpha are illiterate. The MHA chara are all in their teens, equating cheesy smut fanfic with teen chara to actual CSA is absolutely deplorable.
>>
>>10901441
Sure they are not real children but it is quite odd when a 30 year old woman is flicking it to the idea of underage boys. The same exact thing goes for men who get off to loli porn. They are not real children but your attraction to them is what is real.
>>
>>10892079
If they banned her for writing lolicon they’d have to ban 80% of every comm for writing shotacon porn too. There are so many 30 year olds in the California comms who openly lust after the My Hero Academia teenagers. It would be a ghost town kek
>>
>>10901512
Oops I didn’t read the posts above me
>>
>>10901512
please name and shame.
>>
>>10901441
legally it is, at least in the US. depictions of children in sexually explicit situations, even fictional (drawings, cartoons, and paintings are mentioned by name, and it is also potentially illegal to use a children's cartoon character on a pornography website) qualify as a felony under obscenity laws. individual states can also have broader individual definitions-- ohio mentions written material by name, and CP writers have been convicted and sentenced to up to 10 years for written material. courts use the miller test, which can include written text and spoken word. obscenity is not protected under federal free speech.

also, jacking off to kids says a lot about you as a person.
>>
>>10901553
Why hasn't anyone involved with Big Mouth been prosecuted?
>>
>>10901510
y'all are fucking wild. get off the internet and off 4chan if you're like this, please. i hate you fucking zoomers.
>>
tldr lolitas are all unwitting fetishists

god you bitches are so fucking dumb i swear
>>
>>10901573
Wild for thinking that its weird to get off to lolicon/shotacon? What universe do you live in? Get a fucking grip and go outside for fucks sake you bitches need it. And y'all wonder why normies think lolitas are pedophiles?
>>
Checking in to find out if the Arizona lolita discord self destructed and deleted or did I just get randomly kicked out
>>
>>10901590
The fake one run by nutzo? Because the AZ comm has one and it’s very active.
>>
>>10901645
>Didn't realize there were two

The discord I was in had the creator who couldn't stop making drama constantly about the MHA bs, so probably the former. They will not be missed.
>>
What's the etiquette on joining a comm in a city you don't live in but isn't too far away? (when there is a comm in your region). I haven't found anyone I vibe with locally which sucks.
>>
>>10902740
just contact the mods of the comm you want to join, and say something along the lines of "I'm in the area often enough and would like to join".
My local comm has 2 people who are also part of a comm that is more local to them but smaller.
>>
>>10887490
lol this sounds exactly like my comm. a lot of people are just lurkers nowadays because of the mods absolute lack of effort to stop the off topic annoyances, troons, and itas that don’t actually wear Lolita. I wonder if it’s actually the same one because the description of the last meet sounds spot on as well
>>

Not even slightly. A while after I joined an ita tif joined and talked constantly about muh dysphoria muh mental illness and spammed the chat so much the mods restructured the discord to at least move the weird venting somewhere else. There were a lot of oldfags that basically stopped participating in most small events because of the influx of itas and trannies. Moderation is too flexible on it. And all the new members are taobaolitas, old ones are terrible at cording their brand. Wouldn’t be caught dead in public around them

I’d just start a new one if I could, but idk how to without getting cancelled for not letting the unsavories in

It’s good for laughs

Definitely the mentally ill itas who don’t even actually wear Lolita but still spam the chats daily with tmi that no one cares about
>>
>>10902988
I've never been part of a proper "comm" before, so forgive my ignorance, but I don't think there's any crime in starting a discord, going to a comm meet, and just getting the contact info of a few people who are cool and inviting them? If the comm is so bad and you're more fun to be around, I think it should be doable. You'd be admin so I'd think you'd have control over who gets let in. The best comm should be a small circle of pals, I think.
>>
>>10902988
The thing about making a new comm or even just private meets is that people have to know who you are first. That means posting your coord pictures in the current comm server, interacting with people there, going to meets and getting to know people.
Once you've done that and the decently dressed people no longer feel like strangers you can arrange a private meet by inviting who you want to invite by sending them a dm. It helps if you have someone you know quite well to approach first ("I want to arrange a small meet, unofficially, with people I like. Would you be interested? And what would you like to do?"). So you can later approach other people and tell them that (insert name here) and you want to arrange a small cozy unofficial meet, asking if they want to attend.
Do a few of these private meets and you can start talking with your friends about starting a new comm if you still feel it's necessary.

Maybe this advice is too autistic, if it is then just disregard it.
>>
They're good, a mix of itas and great lolitas but overall mostly nice people. A lot of the shit stirrers were banned. I mostly attend private meets, which is really just hanging out with friends. One of my friends is good at organizing bigger private events every few months.
Running a comm is hard, idk if I could make it better. Maybe return to monthly meets so new people could get the chance to meet everyone. Maybe more swap meets, those are always great for new people and a good spot to get deals and get rid of stuff that isn't worth listing online. Also revisiting the mod team, a lot of the mods haven't been active in the community for years, but I don't think anyone else wants the responsibility.
Yeah, I met a lot of really good friends through the comm.
There are some people who I dislike who attend big events, but that's life. I also feel like people who used to host regular comm meets were turned off it by all the flakes and broke people causing issues.
>>
Yes. Honestly i'm more of an orbiter of my local comm, I mostly hang out with lolita friends, and attend an actual comm events about once every couple of months. Everyone has always been kind to me, there isn't that much drama, the comm leaders are pretty nice.

The main issue with organizing meetups, is that my local comm is in a very big city where it's quite complicated to do anything if you're a group of 5+ people. You need to make reservations weeks in advance, organizing swap meets and flea markets is usually pretty expensive and complicated. Wish my city didn't make everything so complicated

Yes, I was part of a local generalist jfashion community because I was a bit scared of joining a lolita communities. took a break from the fashion and when I got back to it, there were new lolita organizations. Joined one that organizes cultural meetups (visits to museums and art galleries) and it was a great decisions. Discovered many places and exhibitions I wouldn't have visited/seen by myself.

the itas who nobody has seen at meets who claim they don't join because everyone is "mean and elitist". Instead of actually going to events, tghey circle jerk online "oouuh the lolita are sooo mean, if you don't spend 600€ on a dress they'll look down on you :cc"
>>
>>10895379
>she got caught lying about being diabetic

excuse me she what!?
>>
My local comm hosted an event at a location I ended up visiting by total coincidence. I'm sorry I didn't say hi to anyone but it looked fun!

What's the correct etiquette here? No one knows me anyways but should I have greeted people if I wasn't there for the event?
>>
>>10904933
Depends, were you wearing lolita?
>>
>>10904941
Causal lolita, no real poof. It was all casual brand. I have a sinking feeling I was unintentionally rude.
>>
>>10904942
I wouldn't worry about it. You can wear lolita outside of meets and you don't owe the comm your time. It's not rude to live your normal life. If you are really worried, did they attempt to say hi to you? Has anyone said anything to you about it, if not don't be concerned.
>>
>>10904950
Thanks anon, I appreciate it. I'll assume people understand I was doing my own thing and won't worry about it unless someone brings it up.
>>
Hello. French guy here.

Just a question : I do like ouji-kei style/aristocrate style. Would I be banned if I tried just to sozialise with lolitas ? cause there are not many real interesting male inj ouji-kei that like ouji-kei (and I really dont want to hang out with troon and sissies. Those under-male (I refuse to call them male))
>>
>>10905312
If you have a genuine interest in ouji and aristocrat styles, then I don't see why you wouldn't be welcome in a local lolita community. I see what you mean though. There aren't many people who have good ouji outfits and look good in it. And most of the people who look good in it are women, not so much men, which shouldn't be a surprise since the target demographic for ouji is mostly women.
As for troons and sissies, I recommend blocking any you might come across online and being polite but cold/unenthusiastic to them if you meet at a local comm meet. Problem with them is that if you introduce yourself (which is unavoidable if you want to be polite) that might already be enough for them to think you want to be friends with them.
>>
>>10905335

Yeah. For ouji/aristocrat styles, honestly, I do grab inspiration from brands like Atelier BOZ and Alice and the Pirates and instead of outright buying them (they can fit me if I take the largest size (advantage of being 160cm tall)), I use them as reference and buy clothes more from antique shop and wedding shops here in France that I modify by adding some fabric to it or dye it (I cannot made one out entirerly tho). You can have some pretty neat results with a bit of training but you have to invest way more time in each piece.

Ok, thanks for the advice about troons and sissies. I will use the vouvoiement and no bises. That should send them a clear message.
>>
>>10905341
hon hon hon oui oui no croissant du fromage
>>
western lolita comms are the cattiest bitches in existence trying to justify why they spent money they can't afford to spend on burando that doesn't look good on them
>>
File: 20240404_124559.png (79 KB, 372x273)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>> wearing lolita out
>> girl asks if I'm in local comm
>> tells me how to find it

D-do I take the plunge? I've been a lonelita for so long.
>>
We've had an influx of newbies in the comm after a convention, which is normal, but painful. Lots of teens who are clearly just new at this so I will give them some slack (joining a 'comm' and the concept of comm culture I think is something that one has to like, learn/get used to) but I'm already tired of the I-own-nothing-yet's just spamming the group and posting unrelated selfies.

Maybe I'm just being old and bitter but goddamn, I'm in the comm so I can be around other likeminded people and discuss our clothes. I am not here to see selfies and chatter about degenerate shit from randos who only have a vague, possibly passing interest. I know that soon enough the ones who care will stay and progress and the ones who don't will eventually be weeded out once they lose interest after a couple months, so at least I can take some solace in that.
>>
>>10909053
>I'm already tired of the I-own-nothing-yet's just spamming the group and posting unrelated selfies.

I agree this is annoying. In my local comm we've got a little bit of this as well. And I was still caught completely off guard when one of them asked why certain styles of lolita were so expensive second hand. She thought older things should be cheaper, not more expensive.
All of the current newcomers are really nice though. And I look forward to seeing them develop their taste and skills. So they either develop into proper lolitas or they decide that lolita is too expensive for them and they prefer their fast fashion edgy e-girl stuff or whatever they're into so they'll drop out of the group.
We do have a perma ita that's been in the comm for 4 or so years that I steer clear off because she's been open about having very questionable ethics regarding selling and buying. Like she would temporarily stain or "damage" something to be able to demand all or a portion of her money back. I wouldn't put it past her to try and fuck me over in a sale, luckily there isn't much cross over between our personal styles so the likelihood of her buying something wouldn't be so big.
>>
Power to the fashion revolution

This intention is a will of many majorities!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.