[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ethniccosplay.png (2.24 MB, 1053x1060)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
>be non black person (not white) doing cosplay
>high expectations to be accurate with correct wig for contests and photoshoots
>be black
>no need to use wig or accurate cosplay. it's called ethnic wigs instead
>>
>>10891240
Sounds like the thread here

>>10837930
>>
>>10891247
it's classic /cgl/ tradition to make multiple threads on the same topic on one of the slowest boards on the entire site. That's why we always need three simultaneous "tfw too old/not attractive too cosplay" and about seven coomer/costhot threads
>>
>>10891252
tbf, that other thread is now dead so this one taking its place isn't a bad thing. at least all the stuff can be compiled into one thread about it instead of several. then again, do we really need another lolita thread?
>>
>>10891247
it's because it's bait
>>
Black people can do whatever they want in cosplay because no one is going to care about their cosplay anyway.
>>
>>10891258
holy shit, based
>>
File: dl4lo9e11iu51[1].jpg (19 KB, 450x383)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>10891258
Hello based department? Yea you guys might want to come take a look at this
>>
>>10891240
No need for a wig if you cosplay a bald character!
>>
>>10891423
At least this is canon. There's multiple hitmen in the agency.
>>
Reminder that blacks purposely cosplay as white characters while keeping their frizzy negro hair just to antagonize da whyte peepo

You know it looks retarded but you do it anyway because you'll get attention and the chance to play the race card on the one /pol/ autist who will inevitably take the bait
>>
>>10891574
>Reminder that blacks purposely cosplay as white characters while keeping their frizzy negro hair just to antagonize da whyte peepo
this is a good take. It's done out of emotional spite. I can see it being done for identity purposes, but that racial identity was born off spite anyway so it's the same source.

We cosplay so we can enjoy being another character. Blacks like these seem to cosplay just as a middle finger to white cosplayers.
>>
>>10891574
It's really not that deep.
>>
File: 1655984576919.gif (2.21 MB, 185x185)
2.21 MB
2.21 MB GIF
>>10891574
>Be black cosplayer
>Cosplay an anime character that I personally enjoy because the character is a character I personally enjoy
>Some /pol/ schizophrenic is asserting that I'm doing so to upset him, and not simply cosplay characters I enjoy in spite of not fitting their visual profile perfectly
Do you also seethe when hispanics cosplay non-hispanic characters? Do you similarly seethe when white people cosplay explicitly Japanese anime characters?
>>
>>10891575
I'm black and I wear the appropriate wigs for my cosplay. I don't even know other black people who are doing this middle finger to white people thing, I feel like a lot of anons are getting mad at a loud minority.
>>
>>10891642
you do know a literall convention exists that is not a minority for this right?

>dreamcon
>>
>>10891643
I didn't honestly.
>22,000 attendees
Idk what to think about that.
>>
>>10891645
its ran by the big black youtubers like RBC. And they limit the tickets every year cause it gets so crowded.
>>
>>10891646
At a fundamental level I get wanting a con away from people who will nitpick you but on the other hand I'd never want to attend a race-restricted con. If it was attended by people who want to do the curly hair wig stuff then fine, they get to mingle outside of actual cons, but again the race restriction weirds me out, but even with the friends I have I don't know if I could voice that since I have way more non-black friends and it seems like 'pick me' behavior. I think.
>>
>>10891723
It's the double standards of racial identity.
>>
>>10891723
>away from people who will nitpick you
are you implying that black people don't nitpick eachother?
>>
>>10891240
Black people are simply unattractive. The only semi-attractive ones are Cushitics from Ethiopia with several clear Caucasoid facial features.
>>
>>10891770
I'm not. But everyone who isn't black would rather not see black weebs, is the point of view of whoever decided to make a black-only con. Of course there's inter-racial nitpicking and hatred.
>>
>>10892102
>But everyone who isn't black would rather not see black weebs
This isn't true. They just rather not see blacks who are fake weebs using civil rights as their identity rather than the anime that we love. I never understood the

>you must be racist if you don't want to be around blacks

Which is false. There's good blacks out there. They are unfortunately small number compared to the overzealous blacks that plague the cosplay space today. It makes all the good ones look bad.
>>
>>10892211
>There's good blacks out there
Nope.
>>
>>10892217
So youre telling me you never had a non political black cosplayer as a person you know?
>>
>>10892220
Nope.
I've never had a good encounter with blacks period. Cosplay or otherwise.
>>
>>
>>10891240
Way to hate on black cosplayers. Cosplayers add their own personal twist to characters all the time, but when a black person wants to cosplay as someone with their natural hair out, its a problem. Cosplay is supposed to be fun, you dont need to be 100% accurate, no one is expected to look exactly like the character because its just supposed to be for fun. This is why cosplay is no longer enjoyable because people bitch over things like this.
>>
>>10891574
I have never wore my natural hair out while cosplaying, and I dont shame those who do. People will cosplay how they want, its supposed to be for FUN
>>
>>10899962
>is supposed to be fun
Says who? Besides, seeing your favorite characters get ruined by people who are inherently ugly isn't fun at all.
>>
>>10899967
Youre just racist, and should kill yourself. Let people dress up and just have fun with it. People have made cosplay into competition these days, and its dumb.
>>
>>10900167
>you're just racist

nta but criticism is not racist.
>>
>>10891641
yes and yes.
>>
>>10899967
>Says who
You don’t think cosplay should be for enjoyment??? What are you here for them?
>>
File: 1702841872279852.jpg (405 KB, 1536x2048)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
>>
>>10891641
>hispanics
i'm so tired of retards. hispanics is a cultural term, not an racial. you can be snow white and be hispanic and you can be the niggest and still be hispanic
>>
File: 1707307525390281.webm (1.58 MB, 404x720)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB WEBM
anyone has a name for this pretty coon?
>>
>>10891240
those people are hilarious wherever they go
>>
>>10903712
ok that got a lil chuckle out of me. No idea who this qt 3.14 is though
>>
>>
If your character has specific visable hair (likely they do) and you aren't wearing a wig to emulate it your cosplay looks shit, end of story so anything else is just cope
>>
The unfortunate reality is that "acting white" can be a death sentence (literally) in the black community. What you're looking is the mental gymnastics requires to be able to enjoy a hobby without being beat when they return home at the end of the day.
>>
Love to see this. We NEED more black-centered panels and more black-only spaces. It's so refreshing. Like seriously, round up all those niggers in one place and keep them away from us all for a few hours please and thank you. Segregation making a comeback under the guise of being woke is the greatest part of the past 5 years.
>>
>>10891574
I don't think anyone thinks the route to black liberation is done getting into verbal arguments with /pol/tards at basket weaving conventions.
>>
>>10903699
>>10906380
ngl thats sexy
>>
>>
>>10909486
Are you at that Hentai con?
>>
>>10903710
this one chick i used to fuck got mad at me once when i called her hispanic and she said "im latina not hispanic" but she was obviously trying to be white and basically acted like i called her a nigger by saying that
>>
>>10891240
blacks cosplaying fair skinned anime characters is disgusting
>>
>>10909621
have you seen the shitty raceswap edits black weebs make of characters? they look like they just paint bucketed the brown color on
>>
>>10909621
So disgusting. It made my dick throw up like 100 times.
>>
>>10891240
imagine the smell
>>
>>10909645
Yep. Negroes aren't attractive at all. There's a reason why many photographers don't pay them attention at cons
>>
>>10891240
black cosplayers is white genocide
>>

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.