[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Welcome-to-Katsucon.jpg (535 KB, 1500x500)
535 KB
535 KB JPG
We're about a month away. Badges are being mailed out. How are we feeling?

Personally hoping they revoke megaphone privileges from staff in the Artist Alley this year and properly space out vendors.
>>
File: 1533354721612.png (2.63 MB, 1152x2048)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB PNG
This is the highest priority con I've still never been to, and I'm looking to change that this year. I've been told it's the best venue ever and have gotten some ColossalCon vibes. Is this true? Also I was at Otakon last year but the crowds were REALLY unenthusiastic. Here's hoping that's not the case again
>>
File: REP_StcrUPSCALED (1).png (763 KB, 663x1080)
763 KB
763 KB PNG
Pretty excited, I had a lot of fun last year. Planning on going as a storch from signalis. Say hi if you see me
>>
Hope they aren't asses and shut down the gazebo area around midnight again this year
>>
Never been, but I hear this is *the* con, what's so great about it? I'm kinda excited
>>
>>10899950
extremely underrated game
>>
>>10900015
Extremely based opinion. I loved Signalis, and I hate everything.
>>
How reliable is parking at the center? Do I need to worry about parking filling up at all? It is only about an hour drive for me, so I'm planning on just driving in each day instead of finding a hotel to stay at.
>>
>>10900317
It’s not bad if you get there in the mid morning. I drive every time and park at the furthest garage to get out easier, just plan to get there before 11 or 12 imo
>>
Otakon sucked this past year so hopefully Katsu can make up for that.

Also hoping girls are down to be kinky LOL
>>
>>10900320
Thanks, anon. I was planning on going after work on Friday (3pm) and then early on Saturday (9am) so hopefully I don't run into any issues. Surely it won't be that bad on Friday afternoon.
Now I just need to find someone to cosplay as...
>>
File: 1234.jpg (23 KB, 378x379)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>10900323
>Otakon sucked this past year so hopefully Katsu can make up for that.
Yeah kinda. How much crossover is there between the two? Even the cosplayers at Ota were closed off and dull
>>
>>10900327

You get a much better pool of cosplayers imo because Katsu is THE con for cosplayers to go to.

Some say it's for "clout" but regardless, the cosplayers are higher quality imo when it comes to their work.
>>
>>10900332
That's what I've been told, but I just wanna know if people are friendlier / not half asleep. Cause goddamn, it was depressing trying to be energetic and nobody was having it. "Being the change I wanted to see in the world" didn't really solve anything
>>
>>10900339
Much more of a party/vibes con than Otakon, and I think it helps the main area is the hotel lobby.
>>
>>10900339
Katsucon is a convention where your social experience is almost 100% dependant on your cosplay.

If your cosplay/props is high quality (including your body, face, makeup etc.) then you'll have a completely different experience than someone who's wearing shit tier cosplay or not wearing any at all. I say this as someone who's experienced it firsthand. It's definitely the convention equivalent of that song by Marilyn Manson (the beautiful people).
>>
>>10900346
Yep. The difference in treatment whether I’m walking over to get a coffee in my pajamas vs. full blown cosplay is wild
>>
Im hyped for it, me and my s.o are styaing in the gaylord and coming in on thursday, this will be our first ever katsu after going to cons like Galaxycon Raleigh, and animazement
>>
>>10900347
To expand on this, if you're one of the beautiful people you'll openly be invited to parties, or at least not turned away when crashing them, people will be far more open to talking to you and not have a standoffish demeanor, you're far more likely to be openly flirted with (seriously) and generally people will want you around and/or be around you.

My first few katsus I had shit for cosplay, was fat, and while I made the most of it and still had fun it was nothing compared to after I stepped my game up. If you're a poverty tier cosplayer or non-participant you'll feel like casper the ghost.
>>
>>10900368
>you're far more likely to be openly flirted with (seriously)
I'm putting effort into my cosplays this year, wonder if I'll get laid
>>
>>10900380
Dont't worry, anon. Buy me a drink and I'll put out for you :)
>>
Day 0 meetup at Topgolf if whether isn't shit. Maybe a soju taste test night Friday if there's enough of you degenerates show up.
>>
didn't get a room, and them not having a portal is such an awful decision. not very excited for katsu because the % of clout chasing cosplayers at katsu is very high. gf got a booth so I'll probably end up just helping out there.

>>10900339
katsu is more cliquey than most cons (at least, IMO, especially with the above point) but it is also a party con. you can find people to vibe with for sure but a lot of the party scene is "who do you know in our room and how tight are you". >>10900368 is right on this, but the threshold for what is impressive for a guy is significantly higher than a girl. it's more "if you're a girl, you won't have to do anything, but if you're a guy, you need to have a real nutty cosplay"
>>
>>10900437
I don't know if I'd say it has to be "nutty". There's a large enough % of people there who are gay/bi that some guys (obviously depending on looks) don't have to go conpletely berserk. I've seen it myself. Either that or they just get confused for girls anyway.
>>
>>10900437
So if I don't know anyone I'm shit outta luck?
>>
>>10900469
someone will probably host a /cgl/ meetup. you can probably find a few gulls to tag along with and go from there
>>
File: 1680648901961986.png (217 KB, 689x1365)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
Just ordered my tickets. 3 weeks in advance is about 2 weeks more prep time than I'm used to, so I'll actually be able to order stuff to wear this time around. More than likely will be going as Machio-san even though I can't find a great match for his tracksuit top. Even the one jacket I found that was based off the series (maybe even licensed) wasn't a great match either, so I might be SOL on that one.
>>10900429
I'll be getting there Friday around 3-4, so you've got at least one who's willing to show up if you want to do something then
>>10900469
You know everybody in this thread anon :)
Honestly though, the open "who wants to get dinner at X" or "who wants to get drinks" has never failed to get at least a small group together for me and I can't imagine Katsucon is all that different in that regards. Are the people hosting room parties going to be the ones fishing for people on 4chan? Probably not, but company is company, and meeting people this year might give you people to share a room with next year and all that.
>>
>>10899987
I have MAJOR doubts of that changing.
>>
I don't recall seeing any announcement about this. They seemingly have quietly changed the policy.
>>
>>10900533
>magfest drops mask/papers requirement
>instantly hits attendance cap.
I'm pretty sure they would be retarded to keep useless policies around.
>>
>>10900533
Anon that’s been on the website for months
>>
>>10900535
Don't think it's retarded to try and suppress covid, but go off
>>
File: asuka pantsu.png (1.64 MB, 1914x1322)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>10900484
The fact we already have several people here talking about parties and meetups with almost a month to go is promising enough
>Are the people hosting room parties going to be the ones fishing for people on 4chan?
Hey, I can't speak for Katsu specifically, having never been, but I do know one thing: anons are far more likely to host con parties than average
>>
>>10900533
2023 masks were "required" but NO ONE wore them. One of my favorite memories was a staffer telling me to put mine on, while they themselves weren't wearing one, and just walking away without having put it on.

The mask days are over.
>>
>>10900583
You do what normal people would do. Provide free masks and sanitizer for those that want it. You don't need to cut into your profit margins and alienate possible attendees for some pointless virtue signaling. If a virus scares you, why are you going to a biohazard zone to begin with? That facediaper isn't gonna do much when you're nut to butt to every type of smelly weeb imaginable. Go stay home and free up those harbor rooms to people that actually want to chill.
>>
>>10900652
I only wore one when entering the convention center side of the Gaylord. No one said a thing. Only dirty looks from obese they/thems
>>
What is there to do at katsu if I don’t drink or do drugs?
>>
>>10900659
its not about being scared, 2024 and people still believe that, love it
>>
im going as himmel. how do i get a frieren girlfriend?
>>
I wanna get laid this con
>>
>tfw I'm going to miss it this year
Please console me
>>
>>10899948
It's fucking awesome. I've been to both otakon and katsu, katsu is way fuckin better
>>
File: DSCF1778.jpg (339 KB, 1365x2048)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
can't wait to go back and do photoshoots again
>>
if i dont like socializing at cons and mostly just go for the artists alley and maybe a cgl meetup should i go to katsu?
>>
When does the hotel block open for next year? I wanna give it a go at least once
>>
>>10901245
Usually June or July
>>
>>10899994
It's like a less fun MAGfest, but it's still good.
>>
>>10900437
>"who do you know in our room and how tight are you"

It's my first time going. I am gonna have a bad time aren't I
>>
super nervous about debuting some cosplays 0~0 but still excited for the meetups, mainly the touhou one
>>
>>10901442
ok kira
>>
so who's gonna shit in the gazebo again
>>
>>10900320
Any recs on specific garages?
>>
>>10900476
>>10901240
When is the /cgl/ meet-up usually planned? It's two weeks out; I feel like we should have some semblance of a plan by now.
>>
>>10901787
I'll happily attend I'm just too spooked to host (also staying with friends etc)
Say hi to Claw Noir if you see him though
>>
>>10901791
There isn't anything to it, really. "Meet at X place at Y time on Zday". I'd do it myself if I'd ever been before (which I haven't)
>>
>>10901791
>>10901797
Understood. Well, if all else fails, I'll be the Blue Spirit with the Uncle Iroh. Say "hello" if you see me!
>>
First time back going to Katsucon since 2020! Super excited and going as Cipher from AC: Zero! Hope to meet some of you!
>>
>>10901787
Meetup is usually around the Gazebo ~8 or so
>>
>>10900339
People keep saying this about otakon but my experience was the complete opposite

Maybe it’s cause I’m part of a niche that’s kind of separate from the normal “cosplay community” but I dunno, I met a ton of cool people at otakon ‘23 in particular
I guess I didn’t go to any room parties or whatever but idc
>>
>>10901500
Epic social media reference
>>
>>10901894
>I didn’t go to any room parties or whatever but idc
This must speak to a difference in our mindsets too, since I actually did go to a couple room parties, and still came out feeling this way. But to give another example, I got more positive attention from randos at a bar across the street. Meanwhile, people in costume would brush me off entirely when I said anything. If this were a western-themed event, I'd already expect this kind of cold reception, except it isn't
>>
>>10901918

Figure a lot of female cosplayers on guard with some folks trying to play that game to drug (and try to fuck) female cosplayers that are known for points.
>>
>>10902115
One bad apple man, I wanna fuck too but not by being a scheming rapist about it
>>
File: FvVQWnlWcAETmC1.jpg (100 KB, 819x1024)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>10902115
What the fuck is up with American cons.
>>
>>10900833
Host a room party, easy

Speaking of, is anyone hosting a room party or room orgy this year too? I heard dragon con last year had about 20 people at a room orgy. Not sure about the ratio if it's anons.
>>
>>10902272
Room orgies are a meme, most of the time it's just a group of friends or some poly family who get together and brag about it on the socials
If you go to a con to fuck, you're doing it wrong
>>
>>10902272
If you have to ask where the orgy is, you aren't getting into the orgy
>>
Is there anything to do past midnight? I heard the hotel shuts down room parties and the gazebo area.
>>
>>10902339
the "rave"
>>
is katsucon a good place to lose my virginity
>>
File: giphy.gif (2.18 MB, 480x400)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB GIF
>>10902597
>>
>>10902171

Cons hit mainstream, and e-thots ruining cosplay for normal weebs
>>
>>10902272
No one in the history of the world that's participated in an actual orgy ever has been or ever will be legitimately attractive. They're always ugly as a fuck, inside and out.
>>
>>10901349
This years Magfest is terrible don't what you've been smoking there.
>>
>>10902771
This
>>
Will pay a cute girl to switch cosplays with me this weekend.
>>
>>10902787
Why?
>>
File: 1661756990778404.png (154 KB, 308x298)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>10902597
No, because your options, at least the ones that would've been worth your while, are either:
>straight but off the market with a literal-who
>gay and/or also off the market, or
>they tick all your visual checkboxes but are ace
>>
What are some cool things to do day 0?
>>
>>10902937
Take up the free drinks at the hotel registration anon, trust me :)
>>
Is phoneposting on 4chan still fucked? I just realized it might be hard to organize anything while I'm there if I can't post anything
>>
>>10902995
No issues yet, but of course that doesn't mean a lot on day zero
>>
Alcoholism
>>
>>10902839
>>10902597
>>10900833
>>10900761
This article seems like it's relevant to you nerds
https://wingman.live/blog/how-to-get-laid-at-an-anime-convention
>>
>>10903024
>have alcohol
People have really forgotten that it’s possible to have fun while being sober. Society is doomed in 10-20 years as drug abuse numbers continue to climb. Soon parties will be “bring your own fentanyl”.
Also drunk sex fucking sucks. Something that requires dexterity (and a working dick) is best done completely sober.
>>
>>10903024
based, saying it like it is
>>
its that time of year again for the biggest clout seeker con. half these girls have not seen an anime beyond one of the big 3 shounen
>>
>>10901857
Which day?
>>
anyone down to fuck around and hangout ? vayere on discord
>>
I know an anon mentioned something similar a few weeks back, but did anyone want to go out and grab dinner somewhere tonight? Fuck going into DC, but surely we could find something in Alexandria or Arlington. Hell, even Tyson's is only a 15 minute drive. I'd offer to drive if we did head out, but I've only got room for one more in my car so I can't bring many myself.
>>10903040
Added (crpack). Not going to get there until after 3, and I'll probably spend a while just going through on my own, but I'll probably reach out in the evening if you're still looking for company
>>
>>10903024
>Katsucon mentioned
Which one of you wrote this
>>
Alright, so I love the energy levels here and all the cosplays from rare or forgotten series. But is it me or is there not much to do other than take pictures? Cause I'm sure as hell not going into Vendor Hall now and there only seems to be a couple panel rooms
>>
Well, shit, I just saw the weather for tonight, and that kinda throws a wrench in my plans to drive home and back out here again tomorrow. Anyone got floor room? (Please I don't want to drive on the beltway when it is snowing)
>>
File: dont bat fat.png (125 KB, 1314x489)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
>>10903029
I think this is the bigger problem for you
>>
I wanna go tomorrow, but none of my friends can come and I feel like it'd be kinda lame to pay 70 bucks to just walk around alone
>>
>>10903065
I'll walk with you, anon :)
>>
>>10903065
So will I
>>
>>10903060
BMI is a retarded metric from a century ago, body fat is far superior
>>
>>10903076

found the seething fatty.
>>
>>10903065
I was planning on going tomorrow alone. Could meet up
>>
File: file.png (5 KB, 169x83)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>10903066
>>10903067
>>10903082
add me on discoal we can hang out
:DDDD
>>
>>10903076
shut up fatso
>>
is anyone at the junji ito panel? i left around 8 since i've been at the con since 7am and just couldn't find anything to do or kill time. had a great day taking photos of cosplayers but the game room sucks baaaaad (haven't been to katsucon since 2020. have been attending since 2014.)
>>
got a room party going, can include some +1/+2 hit inary4372, on discord
>>
>>10903085
Sorry my group isn't there this year to run great night time game show panels like we always do, but one member got married last weekend. Wedding trumps Katsucon.

Also the room block selling out in 5 min was BS. Katsucon really should start getting con rate rooms at all the other hotels in National Harbor like Otakon does. Been going to Katsucon since '09 myself and some of my group since '04. In some ways it was a better con when it was at the Omni or Hyatt Regency Crystal City.
>>
>>10903088
congrats to your friend! weddings always do trump conventions. i'm just bummed that the game room isn't as good as it was in previous years, but i also have this same complaint for the dealers room too...

granted it's been four years since i've last been to katsucon, but it just feels like 2020 was the last solid year for the convention.
>>
>>10903076
BMI is only retarded if you're like, that 1% special population. You're likely not that special.
>>
katsu is such a shitty con. just an excuse for the lowest of the low to get high and drunk every year.
>>
>>10903094
>katsu is such a shitty con
It's the most popular con during the winter time even east and south coasters come out here more often. I wish Katsucon ends Unity Station crap and go all in for Summer Katsucon in June or August at best.
>>
I'm lovin these lesbian cosplayers that's the best thing coming out of Katsucon. Finally those good memories coming back once again.
>>
>>10903088
Katsu needs to start negotiating with the hotels across the street to the Gaylord too. It's ridiculous to only get a con rate for the main hotel and that's it
>>
>>10903091
>play football
>350lbs
>could lift the average anon with one hand
>BMI tells me I am le fat
damn....
>>
>>10903102
Rooms at only the Gaylord was fine when Katsucon was only 6-10k people, like back in 2010-2012. But at the attendance now when everyone can't fit in the Gaylord, more rooms are needed.
>>
anyone currently at the con now? i'm not cosplaying and was taking pics of the league meet up. it's freezing out there at the garden.
>>
>>10903116
so sad i missed it this year. how was it? what was the most/least popular champ?
>>
>>10903117
a lot of steelheart ezreals, a huge variety of star guardian skins. i think the two cosplays i loved the most was the snow day syndra and bot nunu.
>>
File: IMG_9072.jpg (1.14 MB, 4032x3024)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
The background in the mascaraed is 100% ai lol, someone is getting fired
>>
>>10903083
Sorry, anon. I had the best intentions of hanging out but I kinda had to leave the con in a hurry today. Hopefully some of the other guys were able to meet up with you in my stead
>>
>>10903132
Don’t worry man, met a group of fellow /k/ autists and have been hanging out with some other dudes I met
You guys were mostly right about otakon, people here are way friendlier haha

If anyone wants to link up though let me know, I’m here all day
Currently charging my phone next to the MK screen in the games room
>>
hey guys random question if there's a cute cosplayer i follow on tiktok and she ended up sharing a room with two other guys while attending a con, what's the probability that she got fucked? (this is relevant to the thread because she's actually attending katsu right now and im being a parasocial autist about it)
>>
>>10903137
I mean she's probably already been fucking them.
Rule 1 to parasocialing cosplayers is to learn they always have someone they're fucking. The clean good girl "i just care about the craft" act is done to keep retards like you engaged with their content since they know you'll stop caring when you realize they're getting blasted by cock daily
>>
>>10903135
Glad to hear it all worked out for you then! All the anon I've met have all been super friendly so you'll probably have at least somebody to hang out with at any con.
On that, thanks to all the anon who kept me company last night. Hope the rest of the con treats you guys well
>>
>>10903111
Post gut
>>
Anyone else go to the hentai tags panel? Was pleasantly surprised, fun time was had.
>>
File: IMG_2957.jpg (1.28 MB, 1125x1394)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
Had so much fun today bros, wasn’t sure how going solo would be but I met a bunch of cool dudes, got absolutely plastered and talked to a lot of people. Great time frfr say hi if you see me tomorrah
>>
>>10903157
Are you going in the same cosplay for sunday?
>>
2025 attendance cap!!!!!! Thank god
>>
>>10903197
bless!!!
>>
File: masks.jpg (79 KB, 1079x357)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
lol, it's 2024, come on
>>
have you guys met that one anon that was cosplaying as lucoa from dragonmaid lol ?
>>
>>10903214
>kpop pfp

menthol illinois
>>
>>10903218
I did and get his discord
>>
>>10903086
How'd this end up going?
>>
Either the spergs kept themselves restricted or we had a low turn out, but a surprisingly small amount of social retards this year, I did have this one dude, take my prop out my hand smile, sit there for a few seconds than slowly hand it back, but that's about it
>>
File: 1706051837873735.jpg (120 KB, 1284x892)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>10903214
>She wasn't even there
>>I am unfortunately not able to attend cons with the way things are now
Based maskless cons filtering out absolute faggots.
>>
File: IMG_20240217_215353.jpg (3.72 MB, 3472x4624)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB JPG
>>10903218
that guy is literally me fr fr

>>10903228
eh, desu it was just getting ppl into the room to take shots, met also one cool anon in particular that was cosplaying as link+ bungo stray dogs
>>
File: Shazam.jpg (692 KB, 1000x1426)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
>>10903236
Based Russian anon. If I came off as aloof, I was feeling a little dragged around by my friend and just had to split and follow my gut a few times.
Had nothing to do with you and Link.

After two extremely awkward room parties; One where I was boxed into a corner next to a guy blasted on jager making out with two trannies at the same time with virtually zero women around I simply did not feel the proposed "third times the charm" with any of that shit. Couldn't even drink to enough to take the edge off anyway. Still had a blast though.
>>
>>10903218
Yeah, ended up drinking with him and his friends Friday night. Pretty cool guy
>>10903236
Hey, anon, thanks for letting me hang with you guys (and crash at your room) on Friday. I always go to cons alone so I kinda rely on finding some anon to hang with in the evenings. Sorry that I had to dip out without really saying goodbye to you guys, but stuff came up at home that I needed to get back to. Hope you had a good rest of the con and maybe I'll catch you again next year
>>
>>10903237
>guy blasted on jager making out with two trannies at the same time
Lel >>10903182
>>
>>10899950 was me,
Con was pretty fun, especially meeting up with the other signalis cosplayers even though my armor was constantly falling apart
>>
anyone hear anything about whole-wheat peer this con?
>>
>>10903287
Something about him asking minors to step on him or something.

Weird or not, the amount of spergs who hear that and instantly assume he's a full-blown pedophile are fucking stupid. Is he asking for handjobs while doing it or something?
>>
File: IMG_8457.jpg (257 KB, 960x1720)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
Anybody know what the fuck this is about? Apparently it was bad enough to involve the cops and cancel a photoshoot.
>>
>>10903301
Also to add there's been a lot ambulances showing up this years Katsu. Prince Georges county police have been everywhere for this event as well.
>>
>>10903301
It's nothing but a manipulative bitch trying to get her way. She's literally fuckin' insane, but I know the story. Don't believe potentdelirium.
>>
>>10903308
what's the story?
>>
>>10903308
Jfc. What the hell did she do to the guys mom, don’t hold out on us anon
>>
>>10903306
I saw two people get wheeled out of the vendors hall on Saturday, I swear to shit someone is gonna get trampled with how disorganized it is
>>
>>10903301

Some BPD cunt going nuts. I've seen this happen at literally every con I've been to this past year.
>>
>>10903308
>Vagueposting
Either post a qrd or don't post garbage like this you massive faggot.
>>
>>10903318
The OP is the definition of vaguebooking. I'm so jaded I don't believe a single thing I hear in this comm of retards without proof, and even then the proof is easy AF to photoshop in something as easy as paint.
>>
Stop being vague, someones gotta know something
>>
File: RenderedImage.jpg (274 KB, 960x1735)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>10903320
Pic related
>>
if they’re going to publicly argue on a public platform (Instagram stories) then they can ask what’s happening on a public platform
>>
Walked past like 3 girls on different areas and locations over the 3 days bawling in hysterics, strange af
>>
>>10903319
implying this board isn’t full of nosey cunts lmao get off your soapbox
>>
>>10903312
anime cons popular now, more people show up more crazy shit happens. Also late night rave parties are fueling the fire.
>>
>>10903319
Both OP's pic and that anon are cum gargling faggots who should be punched as hard as possible in the stomach.
>>
>>10903326
Bro why are you so heated about this, some of us are just nosy
>>
>>10903312
I saw 2 people getting wheeled out on stretchers on Saturday as well. I assume they must have partied too hard and accidentally OD’d on a drug, or accidentally did a drug that was laced with fentanyl, or something like that, but who knows?
>>
File: IMGP7434.jpg (417 KB, 1200x1200)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
got my badge of shame
apparently they hand these out after dispute resolutions that involve a con chair
sucks that it happened within the first hour of my first con, kind of put a damper on the whole experience
>>
>>10903332
Someone from katsu staff told me that this year katsu had the highest OD's and party incidents in a long time.
>>
>>10903342
that must be a new record
>>
File: IMG_20240220_050102_530.jpg (63 KB, 526x1140)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>10903
Calm the fuck down, dickhead. This proof enough?
>>
>>10903312
I'm surprised that it was vendor hall where there were problems since artist alley was fucked for me. Even early on Saturday (maybe it was Friday when I first went through it I don't really remember) it was getting hard to move through without having to wait for a gap in the crowd. I can't imagine what that room must have been like at the peak of it all. Surely there's a larger place they can hold it?
>>
>>10903348
for what, katsu specifically
or for someone getting in trouble at any con
>>
>>10903342
What does this even mean?
>>
>>10903372
getting given a badge of shame 1 hour into attending your first convention
>>
>>10903394
what is a badge of shame? how do i get one?
>>
>>10903395
Getting a handed a Pink Flamingos tag. Straight into the trash, never going on my badge.
>>
>>10903407
dude are you a fucking faggot or something how does that answer my question
>>
>>10903412
Some woman handed it to me without saying a word.
>>
File: file.png (260 KB, 500x375)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
Literally what is happening in this thread
>>
Shout out to random dude that gave me a condom in front of that girl.

>>10903236
This dude is awesome, if you get the chance to hang out at an event or party he's legit.

Also got sick with with bad symptoms monday but explains why I was so fucking exhausted saturday and sunday.
>>
>>10903444
im feeling sick now too this shit sucks.

i was at the hotel entrance when that person was wheeled out. they ate something they were allergic to and didnt have their epipen. her throat was closing up and face was beat red. they looked like a minor so maybe they just ate some japanese candy that they were allergic too. wouldnt be the first time.
>>
>>10903407
>Pink Flamingos tag
Wait are you talking about those badge ribbons people were giving out? Aren't those just cute little things people innocently hand out?
>>
>>10903391
>>10903395
issues/disputes with/between attendees get escalated to a con chair if staff can't resolve it on the floor
in this case, the chair gave these potatoes to both parties in the dispute after it was resolved
I have no idea if this was something they all do or just a quirky thing that specific chair does

>>10903448
oh yeah I did see those
nothing's ever innocent so I didn't ask about them
>>
>>10903447
>>10903444
Damn, I've been feeling pretty bad since Monday morning too. There really is no escaping the con-cough, is there?
>>
File: 1365044606460.jpg (41 KB, 374x374)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>10903449
>>10903342
What was the dispute that got you two a potato?
I can't imagine something getting heated to the point of a con chair needing to step in.
>>
>>10903448
People hand out ribbons for different reasons. There was a wizard cosplayer who was giving people "I drank with a wizard" ribbons for drinking with him, for example.

Pink Flamingos is not innocent and you do not want to catch the eye of people who'd pass out ribbons referencing it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Flamingos
>>
>>10903452
it wasn't that heated, just a coincidence
and not a sob story, I was clearly at fault and it could have gone way worse
I was meeting up with some people in the afternoon so I decided to walk around in the morning and take photos
I like doing candid photography so you probably don't have to read the rest to know where this goes
I may be completely socially retarded but I know it's polite to ask permission etc. before taking someone's photo
but I made sure to read the con photography rules ahead of time and sounded like I'd be fine either way
there are some things you just can't capture otherwise, like an IJA officer stopping an IJA soldier for an impromptu uniform inspection
anyways I was walking around after getting my badge trying to get used to things (first con like I said)
saw another photographer with a pretty cool setup and snapped a pic
well he saw me and got furious, asking if I was aware the con rules forbade taking photos without permission
I told him I knew the rules and wasn't breaking them, so he called over some passing staff
they were clearly out of their depth and just kind of stared at us while he complained to them
the con chair just happened to walk by and took over for them (this was all within like three minutes)
well the chair agreed with him that those were the rules, and I wasn't going to argue
like idk, maybe that was in the real rules and their website is so shit I couldn't find them
or maybe the chair was just trying to placate him
or maybe some rules are just considered so obvious only a retard like me doesn't know them
so I offered to delete the photo (he never asked), doing that resolved the situation
after he fucked off the chair told me they hoped this hadn't ruined my con experience
I brushed it off but the whole thing left me too nervous to take photos the rest of the day
sorry for the blogpost but it's not like I have anyone else to talk to about it
>>
>>10903479
as some one that dresses up and hates having my picture taken, it's practically a public place and you're going to be in the background of videos and camera pictures constantly anyway because that's just what people are doing. I wouldn't sweat it, and honestly it's a cool story aside from it flaring up your anxiety. I'd just brush it off, if you were taking up skirt shots(which is also questionable because there's so many gstrings as a pair of bottom for the girls) or getting up in some ones face and taking pictures then I would understand but doesn't sound like you were.
>>
>>10903479
That explains it, never heard of giving out badges to people after drama gets resolved but I see what you mean
I wasnt there obviously but that seems like a dick move from the other guy, it's a public space where tons of people are taking pics, and if he had a problem with it he could have just asked nicely for you to delete it rather than get mad
>>
>>10903350
Fake and fucking gay.
>>
>>10903117
man I don't even know some of the shit I saw. Saw a photog get slammed into an elevator wall when some girl jumped into the car as the doors were losing asking about some ribbon.

saw folks losing their shit over Nigri and later some e-thot in white with blue hair

Someone was balled in the corner on Sunday night and EMTs showed up and had to use narcan on them
>>
>>10903479
Sounds like a typical guy with camera that should get decked for trying to act tough infront of their costhot client.
>>
>>10903479
pretty silly of him to explode like that unless you were up in his face with your lens or something
>>
>>10903347
They're practically breaking their contract for saying this. The Katsucon staff are forbidden to talk smack about it.
>>
>>10903287
I saw him doing a video of him as JJK's Yuji with two women as Disney's Cinderella and Rapunzel on Sunday. He had Rapunzel in his arms with Cinderella running after them. There's also him being "stepped" on by Jenna Lynn Meowri.
>>
>>10903347
This is more of a state of drugs problem than attendee problem. Drugs used not be laced with Fent.
>>
>>10903533
katuscon apologist sit the fuck down
>>
>>10903444
>Shout out to random dude that gave me a condom in front of that girl.
Why is that worth a shout out? What happened after?
>>
>>10903479
I think even regardless of any formal rules, it’s an anime convention - all types of weird, whacky, chaotic, funny and wholesome things are happening everywhere at any given moment (and it’s only once a year no less).

We see cool shit, we want to capture it as a memory - I don’t see any harm in that.

You mentioned this was your first con ever - I hope this incident doesn’t deter you from attending any future ones.
>>
>>10903479
And I might add, the con constantly has to keep all types of shit from going haywire; the con chair mediating it wouldn’t have been inclined to cite the actual rules to some belligerent photographer dude - they have to choose the path of least resistance, even if it’s not entirely justified - so that con chair may not have mentioned anything explicitly (they have to present themselves as being impartial), but I’m sure they were grateful that you helped to defuse the situation by offering to delete the picture, even though the rules on the official website state:

“There will be hundreds of people taking pictures at Katsucon, and those pictures will most likely end up displayed on the internet, across any number of Social Media websites.”

“Katsucon has no restrictions on photography using handheld equipment.”

Copied and pasted from: https://www.katsucon.org/faqs/attendee-policies/

But anyways I’m just beating a dead horse at this point - again, I hope this doesn’t stop you from attending any future conventions.
>>
So many girls had their asses completely out, I get summer cons, but it was fucking 30ish degrees, I've basically seen on of my friends naked at this point
>>
>>10903555
I got tired and sat down and an entire troop of Super Crown Cosplayers show up and all had their asses out meters away from face.
>>
Saturday's room party was LIT AF, bros. God damn. I wanna post vids/pics but I don't wanna doxx myself.
>>
>>10903137
i can tell you right now as someone that's dated several "instagram famous" cosplay girls, they are all getting fucked and doing depraved shit at cons or have a boyfriend already. They will just never make it public because it would tank their follower count and prevent faggots like you from staying engaged
>>
>>10903137
Which cosplayer?
>>
>>10903500
>>10903506
he didn't have a client that I could tell, actually certainly a wandering photographer based on his setup
if you were around the courtyard saturday morning you almost certainly spotted him, basically a walking studio, a bunch of lights on arms on a frame like a backpack
was about 30ft away when I took his picture, he just happened to look and give me the middle finger
figured it was a friendly "fuck you" for catching him off guard because you know guys do that
so I walked over to compliment his setup but he immediately laid into me

>>10903544
>>10903551
while it was going on I suspected the chair was just trying to pacify him
but even when it was just the two of us they insisted that was the rule, because "we have a lot of sensitive people here"
so idfk
and yeah that's the closest I could find to a rule too, it's so noncommittal it made me a little wary, should have seen this coming honestly
I'll probably be convinced to go to cons in the future so I've been trying to come up with a verbal routine to use, that's helped me survive customer service jobs in the past

>>10903481
>dresses up and hates having my picture taken
what's your ideal interaction with a con photographer then?
just say no when asked, agree and deal with it, hope they notice you're uncomfortable and give you an out?
for future reference
>>
>>10903611
>what's your ideal interaction with a con photographer then?
>just say no when asked, agree and deal with it, hope they notice you're uncomfortable and give you an out?
>for future reference
I just put on a friendly face and say yeah of course, if I go to a pool to go swimming and complain about getting wet I would just be a retard at that point. Same with people taking random shots or w/e. but con rules or not I guess just ask
>>
>>10903611
>what's your ideal interaction with a con photographer
nayrt but i usually just say, "no, sorry, i'm not fond of pictures" when asked and "hey, i'm sorry, could you maybe delete that? i'm not super comfortable with pictures" if someone photographs me without asking. of course you can't force anyone to delete a photo, but this keeps the situation from escalating at least. that other dude sounds like a turbo autist for reacting that way off the bat - idk why some people's knee jerk reaction is to get into a shouting match. sorry that happened to you anon
>>
>>10903593
One of the dudes I met got molested by trannies in room 814 I think
>>
>>10903479
Lmao con chair probably thinking jfc I wish I could call the complainant a retard but I can't. Nodded his head through the whole conversation just so he could get away.

For future reference just say "oh sorry" and walk away.
>>
The biggest takeaway from this exchange with the camera dork is to keep in mind: autists on average suffer from severe covert narcissism. All eyes are always on them, at all times because they're just that noteworthy (not really). So it shouldn't come as any surprise when one sees reason to believe it and suddenly flips his shit
>>
>>10903611
I'm >>10903544 >>10903551

Wait, if he was 30 feet away, how the hell did he even know you were taking *his* picture in particular?

I mean, for all he knew, you might've just been taking a candid shot of the convention as a whole (being that far away from him), but it sounds like he just kinda lasered in on you in particular for some reason (or really no reason)

If that's how he reacts to people taking photographs 30 feet away from him, I'd hate to imagine trying to take *any* photograph even near him at all!

Might as well ban all photography at that point if 30 feet is enough to feel like it's invading someone's privacy!
>>
>>10903729
>Wait, if he was 30 feet away, how the hell did he even know you were taking *his* picture in particular?
it was still early enough that that area didn't have many people in it, it was pretty obvious I was taking a photo of him
>>
>>10903528
>They're practically breaking their contract for saying this.
it doesn't matter 1st amendment trumps it all.
>>
>>10903764
by approaching him after he flipped you off he thought you wanted a fight, so you kind of did it to yourself
>>
>>10903611

If the photographer is the douche I think you are talking about, this seems so fucking on brand for him. He once got in the way of me taking photos of an entire meetup because he thought he was better than everyone else. Dude is at every con I go to with that same lame ass setup taking subpar photos compared to my other photographer friends.
>>
The unskippable final boss: Convention Photographer
>>
>>10903673
What the fuck what happened i need the story
>>
>>10903603
>as someone that's dated several "instagram famous" cosplay girls, they are all getting fucked and doing depraved shit at cons
so anon, what depraved shit did you you do those girls at cons?
>>
>>10903770
Anon, the First Amendment isn't an absolute right. It can be contracted away to some degree. Otherwise, NDAs would never be enforceable.
>>
>>10903940
Not anon, but I mixed MDMA powder (tested, real shit) with water and then proceeded to use an oral syringe in a public bathroom to put it up her ass.

It worked.
>>
>>10903137
>what's the probability that she got fucked?
near 100%
>>
>>10903993
Why, does it give you a better high? Why are people complicating MDMA when it's easy to ingest and the dose is a tiny tiny amount.
>>
>>10904035
For the hell of it? Duh. The other guy asked about depraved shit.
>>
Who is this bitch Ribbon and why is she making shit up?
>>
Anyone get a picture of the two bunny girls that were there on Friday? One was red the other was blue. The blue one had colossal barely contained titties.
>>
>>10904088
I been keeping up with the drama too lol. they sound like a seagull desu the lying, doxxing people, pretending to be a disabled vet. I think they go by he/him too. perfect trip quality if /cgl/ wasnt ded
>>
>>10904088
lol I just heard about that, shit just sounds like a crazy bitch making shit up for attention and not knowing when to shut up and lay low
>>
>>10904035
Actually, you absorbed drugs faster and more directly through your asshole because it goes almost straight into your bloodstream with pretty much none of it going elsewhere.
>>
>>10903961
>Anon, the First Amendment isn't an absolute right.
Yes it does.
>>
If I'm interested in going next year, what advice would you give? I've never been to a huge con like this before and I wouldn't be going with anyone.
>>
>>10907222
My advice is probably the same as anyone elses, but I'd say:
>Cosplay if you can
While Katsucon has some people with really good cosplay there, you'll still see a normal range of cosplay quality too. If you want to wear something, go for it since you won't stand out any more than at other cons. It also makes it easier to start talking with people, which you'll probably want to be doing if you go alone
>Make the most of going alone
Going to cons on your own lets you do everything at your own pace. Want to go through artist alley 3 times? Go for it. Want to stay in the games room for a few hours? All yours. As someone who has only gone to cons alone, it is nice to have your whole day free to do what you want without having to make concessions for the people you are with. The bigger cons usually have more things going on, so it is even more important to pace yoruself as you want.
>Meet with people
Give a call in the threads towards the end of the night to meet up with any anon. Plenty of people also go to cons alone and are looking for someone to hang out with. I've never had a bad meetup with anon at cons.
This years Katsu was my first one, so take this with a grain of salt, but Katsucon advice specifically
>bags
You'd have badge control at the entrance to the specific rooms and not the whole convention hall, so that is where they'll do any bag checks. I had a smaller canvas tote bag that I carried around and they all let me in, but people with larger bags would sometimes have to leave those outside the rooms. I'm sure the reason is in the rules somewhere, but be aware of that. Lack of door guards to the main hall also means you won't get shit for bringing in food/drink if you want
>parking
I found that the parking garage closest to the hotel was the easiest to get out from. The central road gets backed up easily, so you want to turn onto the straight road as soon as you can, since nobody wants to give you space to turn onto the already congested road.
>>
>>10907512
>I've never had a bad meetup with anon at cons
Can vouch for this, never met with any women but the guys I've met off cgl have been pretty chill.
>>
>>10904732
if you want to get specific the 1st amendment only means the government can't censor any speech or media outlet that criticizes the government. it has nothing to do with anything else. the american constitution was written as a knee-jerk reaction towards perceived oppression from the british crown at the time. free speech doesn't even mean you can say anything to another person, which is why people file and win lawsuits and restraining orders and stuff.
>>
>>10907580
I have before, but you're definitely going to meet more male anon. Guys just must be more willing to meet with strangers online than girls are, since I think the /cgl/ demographics are a lot more even than the split of people I've met with.
>>
>>10907607
The 1st Amendment isn't even absolute in terms of the government's ability to regulate speech. There are certain types of speech the government is allowed to regulate simply as a matter of law. Incitement and defamation are two examples of this. I have had to read far more about than than I ever would have cared to. :(

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.