[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hopefully it isn't as dogshit as 2023!

Shame you can't buy single-day passes anymore. Purchases seem to be done entirely online now as well.
>>
all I have I to look forward to anymore is death
>>
Skipped last year because I had other plans and also I didn't want to put a mask on again. Can't wait to experience the clusterfuck of 2 buildings, lol
>>
File: DSC_0030alt.jpg (2.43 MB, 2400x1600)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>10900096
The switch to using two buildings was one of their worst decisions imo. Barely anyone hangs out at the park now.
>>
>>10900102
>Barely anyone hangs out at the park now.
That fucking sucks. Hanging out in the park was underrated fun. Except for the smokers.
>>
>>10900102
>The switch to using two buildings was one of their worst decisions imo.
Yeah, I was about to ask what was so bad about last year. Cause I had no problems other than this. Seems like you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Artist Alley two years ago was such a nightmare I refused to even go near it, but the upper floors of the new building were barren at peak hours
>>
do they still require masks
>>
Any girls going and wanna have sex?
>>
>>10900333
I don't see covid policies posted on their website anymore, so I'm going to assume they dropped it.
>>
>>10900336
You'd hope so. Sakura last year was the final con I went to that still hadn't given up on masks
>>
>>10900102
>>10900109
The entire old dealer hall being AA and the expanded arcade were cool but not using the old building for even more panels was a terrible decision. The new building has surprisingly little panel space and is overall kind of terrible. The professional lineup this year looks like ass so hopefully they'll allow more fan panel entries than last year but I'd imagine that relies more on volunteer numbers and that's been dropping like a rock for the last few years. I don't have a lot of hope that this year will be any better than '23.

>>10900333
Even if they do I largely got away with not wearing one last year. I got yelled at twice so I put it on until I was out of that particular staffer's line of sight and immediately took it off again with zero consequence. I'd say bring one just in case but I wouldn't worry about potentially getting booted over it.
>>
>>10900067
Does anyone know if you can enter artist alley without having a badge? I’m really only interested in visiting artist alley and it might not be worth paying for a badge if I only want to do that.
>>
>>10900081
Same anon
>>
>>10900382
Not a chance. It's up where the old dealer hall used to be so you're going through at least two protected doorways. Your best bet is putting all your points into stealth and praying you don't get caught.
>>
File: IMG_4610.jpg (152 KB, 1018x517)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
The last time I went to sakuracon was many years ago, I don’t remember the price of the badges but they must’ve been only around $45 ~ $50. Just checked the prices for this year and what the hell are these prices, how’d it get this bad?
I haven’t been keeping up with the convention, do they raise prices every year? Also, did they ever offer badges for a specific day? Maybe that’s why my badge back then was more affordable, but I can’t remember what type of badge I got (if there were other options). I’m pretty sure I only attended one day.
>>
>>10900825
>do they raise prices every year?
Prices have been going up at least $10 each year almost every year.
>did they ever offer badges for a specific day?
Had to look at my old badges as I think they stopped doing this after 2009.
>>
File: 20240125_180218.jpg (738 KB, 2161x2161)
738 KB
738 KB JPG
> masks are optional
> Proof of vaccination not required

Sakura-Con is back to normal
>>
>>10900862
thank god
>>
>>10900862
Let's fucking go!
>>
>>10900841
>Prices have been going up at least $10 each year almost every year.
Damn, and everyone just goes along with it because it’s the only big convention in the pnw huh? Nasty work. Being poorfag is suffering, guess I’ll just try going to eccc instead
>>
>>10900896
ECCC is alright, but they don't let you take photos outside of the cosplay lounge unfortunately.
>>
>>10900862
>>10900863
>>10900865
Man, you all haven't been paying attention. Music shows have been having a hell of a time because of unmitigated transmission. You all really want your VAs and cosplay heroes taken out because covid?
>>
>>10901171
Fuck right off, fatso.
>>
>>10901171
Kindly, fuck off and touch grass motherfucker
>>
>>10901171
eat shit
>>
>>10901175
>>10901174
>>10901172
Are you ok? Do you need to sit down? Maybe get you a sippy cup?
>>
>>10901226
I don’t know why people hate wearing masks so much, if you’re a cosplayer then I can understand
>>
>>10901268
I preferred it as a cosplayer because then I had an excuse to not have to apply makeup to the lower half of my face and also not have to see photos of me smiling awkwardly.
>>
Who is hosting the party
>>
>>10901287
Hopefully the same group as last year, cause that shit was fun
>>
>>10901286
Same here. Makes it easier to go for characters you normally wouldn't because of facial structure.

And you know, not getting the super-charged con crud.
>>
>>10901268
>>10901286
>>10901294
>I want to wear a mask for personal reasons so everyone else should be forced to do the same
You're the problem.
>>
File: IMG_7791.jpg (231 KB, 1170x1461)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>10901301
The thought process there was already established a while ago. People here would say again and again "I LOVE that they're enforcing masks cause it means I can hide my ugly face", as if that's my problem
>>
>>10901301
> completely ignores the con-crud part of the comment

Being able to cover up an ugly mug is a tertiary benefit, at best. But you're throwing a piss fit about taking measures against something that'll give you brain damage and cause heart attacks, so you're deeply unserious to even begin with.

And I was serious about the VA part:
https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/tag/covid-19
>>
>>10901399
I've had the coof twice and it wasn't that bad. If you're weak enough that it would mess up your organs then the common cold could probably fuck you up as well.
>>
>>10901453
It's not the acute stage that you need to worry about. It's what comes later. It messes you up over the long term.
https://www.heart.org/en/news/2024/01/16/how-covid-19-affects-your-heart-brain-and-other-organs

Thing is, a lot of this kicks in months later. And sufficiently bad cases can disable you, and each infection rolls an increasingly loaded chance die against you. I wouldn't wish bad long covid on anyone, not even my worst enemy. And particularly not anyone I cared about or enjoyed in their creative capacity.
>>
>>10900862
I can't believe cons enforced this shit harder than actual hospitals and for this long too, when normies stopped giving a shit about covid in 2022. is it because the people who run cons are a bunch of power tripping control freaks and this is their only avenue to express that?
>>
>>10901509
Masking and infection control in a hospital setting costs money. With no threat of getting sued (by getting liability protections put in place), it was cheaper to let people get sick and let people get disabled and die than it was to do anything about it. It's a perverse incentive on their part.

Cons enforced as long as they did because what happens if people go to your con and get sick? They either stop spending money and attending your con because they are wiped out, or they sue you. And they don't have the clout hospitals do to push that sort of litigation protection.
>>
>>10901497
long covid killed multiple family members (both parents, 3 uncles) of mine. people who were perfectly healthy beforehand died hooked up to multiple machines and unable to even speak. it's one of the more gruesome ways i've seen someone die. in one case the physical impact was so major we did closed casket, because by the time he died he wasn't recognisable anymore (full body edema)

i was lucky enough that post covid just gave me severe asthma, but please don't wait until you lose someone to take it seriously. polio was the same way. mild sickness, crippling aftershocks.
>>
Surely this year I will meet my cosplaying hag wife that likes to cook
>>
>>10900067
Staying at the 8th and Olive again. Right between the two convention centers. A buddy of mine throws a party there as well.
>>
tfw feel like too much of a loser to hang out with cgl people
>>
>>10901877
Last year's meetup was kino from start to finish. Unironic 10/10
>>
>>10901877
there was a meetup? i guess i didnt notice in the thread
>>
>>10901904
I always keep a close eye on the thread(s) every year and I don't recall any mention of a meetup last year, it was probably on one of the Sak discords.
>>
Is this con good? Looks like your typical "standing in an ugly convention center" with no partying (everything shuts down after 8pm).
>>
File: 1701371983541315.jpg (717 KB, 1200x1200)
717 KB
717 KB JPG
>>10901904
>>10901907
I can assure you it came up in the thread. In fact, I think the call's already being made well in advance right here >>10901721

>>10901914
>everything shuts down after 8pm
No way. Programming goes much later than that, and the arcade is open all night. Of all the big cons I've been to, this is the only one I've ever liked enough to do again
>>
>>10901914
Sak runs nonstop from 8AM Friday morning all the way to 4PM Sunday afternoon. All the industry programming/fan panels/etc. is usually finished by 1-2AM every night but they have screening rooms showing anime 24 hours and like >>10901917 said the arcade never shuts down. It's the only con I've been to (which admittedly isn't many) where there's always *something* to do. My biggest gripe is the fan programming, the powers that be have been going hard on the identity politics/representation so more and more fun and/or actual anime/Japan-focused panels are getting denied in favor of "LGBTQIA2XY69+-/= representation in anime" or "Here's why your favorite Japanese thing is actually problematic". They've also been hemorrhaging volunteers in the last few years so there's less and less programming overall. I swear 2023 had at most 50% of the overall programming of pre-coof years and that was DOWN from 2022.
>>
>>10901917
>>10901931
Ok sounds pretty fun. I might check it out next year.

What's the party scene like? People stay out and drink at night or?
>>
>>10901947
On one hand, I only ever partied with gulls. But on the other, that's promising if you already know where to look. And to answer your question directly, yes.
>>
>>10901947
I've never been to a party I didn't organize myself but I've heard of other parties happening. Just don't expect to get randomly invited. Your best bet would be to join one of the discords. There will be at least one invite link posted here when con weekend gets closer.
>>
>>10901877
Damn anon, you have some serious self esteem issues, everyone here's a loser didn't anyone tell you?
>>
>>10900067
I love sushi
>>
>>10902204
I love Japan, period.
>>
>>10902196
Everyone I've met from here so far has been very outgoing, friendly, and social. I enjoy the company but it can feel tough to feel like I fit in sometimes
>>
>>10902204
>>10902206
It's been 15 years since this commercial
>>
Doesn't look like we're getting any big JP guests this year huh
>>
>>10902367
Then you should know that's not the next line
>>
>>10902421
I can't tell if it's Sakura-Con PR just absolutely barebones or they've scaled back (catalyzed by the pandemic) on JP guests. The perennial h.NAOTO, nearly-irrelevant Japanese music guest, and MAYBE ONE JP INDUSTRY GUEST + group of non-public face people... Sakura-Con sure has fallen far in this area since a decade ago.

However, I think perhaps this is actually the direction they intend on purpose, rather than losing manpower or draw to do so.
>>
Sakura con 2023 was my first con and I had fun. Though the motherfuckers at work had it out for me when I got back.
>>
>>10902449
what happened to you at work?
>>
>>10902450
Like I said it was my first year going to a con so I could either take the day off(I literally never take days off from work because I plan things properly or I never get the day off because someone else gets the day instead) or go straight to the con after work. I felt like I would have been too tired to really enjoy it after a shift so I said “What the hell, let’s take the day off.” I work with a bunch of inventory and the week had been so damn slow, barely getting anything in and barely having to ship anything out so it seemed like a good idea. Fast forward to Monday and I check what I missed on Friday. It was a shitload of packages, which of course got worse on Monday. I managed it but I come to find out in the upcoming month that my coworkers complained about me not doing my work done and that my workspace was a mess and snitching to my supervisor about it. He would “conveniently” always come down to my department when we got an influx of packages and further add to the narrative that I wasn’t doing my job and was extremely unorganized. The con was fun but I came to the realization my coworkers constantly complained about me without ever telling me what I could do better. They were too scared to approach I guess.
>>
>>10902454
Good call not going after work, that would not have been fun.

Working with immature people is unfortunately just a factor of life. Not much you can do about it other than roll the dice with another job.
>>
File: IMG_5684.jpg (5 KB, 243x144)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
https://youtu.be/TWLeRaMdye0?si=-_x7dGCZHI72n-CO
>>
File: file.png (2.37 MB, 2000x1000)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
>>10902609
Already got my Fate costume ready. I'll be on the lookout for any GIRGUMASHSES I find
>>
File: GGZ47v3bUAAeJ4G.jpg (212 KB, 1199x1076)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
Here I thought the LL fad can finally take a break since the 2nd SIF game is scheduled to die on May 1 globally
>>
To anyone who has vended in the artist alley last year and any previous year: How were sales last year? I need to know what to expect for this year but I know it being split between two buildings and a larger AA may hurt sales.
>>
>>10901399
You can go fuck yourself entirely.
>>
File: GGp8bXUbEAApK5R.jpg (718 KB, 2161x2161)
718 KB
718 KB JPG
uh ok
>>
>>10903473
I enjoyed the maid cafe at Kumoricon and am looking forward to this.
>>
How picky is peacebonding about non-metal swords? Judging by all the Demon Slayer kiddies I see, I assume they don't really care as long as it's not live steel.
>>
>>10903492
If it looks like a weapon, even if it's foam, it needs peacebonding. Metal weapons are straight up not even allowed at the con.
>>
>>10903597
You can have them but they must be zip tied into their sheathe by con staff IIRC.

>>10903492
It's not a big deal really for non-metalic weapons. It's reallu just a little ribon that you can hide for photos by just holding the prop right.
>>
>>10903473
Reg for this is open
have fun...
>>
lovely 2 see the cynicism is as strong as ever.
its a con.
get fucked up have fun
>>
File: 2013.jpg (85 KB, 720x960)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>10900825
>>10900841

Single-day badges were offered as recently as 2019. The highest price for a full weekend badge was like $80 then, or 45-60 iirc depending on which day you wanted.

>>10900378
>>10902421
Hyped for K1 seiyuu at least. I attended every year from 2013-2019. Until they had Ryukishi07 back in 2019 there hadn't been a guest I cared to see. I was underageb& when they had interesting guests like Smile.DK and meme power like GIRUGAMESH. Seems that often when they have JP guests it's basic shit like SAO guy ~_~

>>10901931
> My biggest gripe is the fan programming, the powers that be have been going hard on the identity politics/representation so more and more fun and/or actual anime/Japan-focused panels are getting denied in favor of "LGBTQIA2XY69+-/= representation in anime" or "Here's why your favorite Japanese thing is actually problematic". They've also been hemorrhaging volunteers in the last few years so there's less and less programming overall.
yes. facts.

>>10903473
would center

>>10901907
post/email invite to sak discords?
>>
File: 2016.jpg (175 KB, 1152x2048)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>10905374
>>10901907
wtf when did e-mail field turn into options field.
k1fan1999@proton. me
>>
Is Sakura-Con capable of even booking Vtubers?
>>
>>10905451
lmao no, only VAs. Have to fight AB for guests
>>
>>10905451
Nope. As of last year they all go to Weebcon. We now have 3 competing conventions every Easter weekend.
>>
>>10905515
>We now have 3 competing conventions every Easter weekend
I'm thinking it's over for Sakura-Con...
>>
>>10905591
They've been on borrowed time for years. They've been banking the complete lack of regional competition to keep attendance up. If Anime Washington manages to get off the ground and into a better venue that actually allows food and water I imagine Sak will die quickly and unceremoniously unless they shape the fuck up.
>>
>>10905609
>tacoma
I really hope not.
>>
File: 1710038187194012.png (59 KB, 904x561)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>10905591
>>10905609
Two more weeks, sisters. It'll actually be over this time, but for real
>>
Did the discord shut down or something? I use to be in this one sakura con server but dunno what happened to it after some dude hosted a room party and some anon went fully mental trying to fight people.
>>
Schedule is up
>>
>>10906108
Annual "Fuck every convention who forces some stupid app when it'll never works indoors anyway" post. And Sakura also offers the unique one-two punch of printing a big guidebook and not bothering to list room numbers or times
>>
How early should I line up?
>>
>>10906116
Line started yesterday, you're already too late.
>>
It’s not a problem unique to Sakuracon but it’s baffling how much effort cons put into their websites and still have such shitty UX. Just put a huge button on the front page that says SCHEDULE instead of making me click 8 things to wander through this horrifyingly lame maze of a site.
>>
everyone said sakura con 2023 sucked but it was my first time going and it was much better than any con ive been to in canada
>>
>>10906136
Yeah, this drives me up a wall. Always considered volunteering just to weasel into a position to fix the site. Still don't get why they dropped Guidebook.
>>
>>10906143
2022 was my first anime convention ever and I had a ton of fun. I can understand the disparity in culture when you compare it to videos/screenshots of 90s/early2000s cons, but let's be honest EVERYTHING was better back then.
>>
>>10903280
Heard other people complain sales weren't great since they increased table count... which they're doing again this year (like 450)

>>10903473
Didn't realize there was a $20 entry ticket at ECCC. They were out of everything and the drinks that were left were overpriced ($10 for sparkling water).
Show was also mid, wouldn't recommend
>>
>>10905345
Thats what I plan to do motherfucker! Get tore up from the floor up.
>>
Fuck it, we're close enough. Time to open the floodgates.

https://discord.gg/yDW6QD73rr
>>
>>10906804
is this the cosplay sex meetup?
>>
>>10906905
Only if you want to fuck dudes.
>>
>>10906275
>increased by 450
thats gonna be crammed as fuck
do cons genuinely enjoy trying to make the aisles 6ft wide
>>
File: DSC_0030.jpg (3.61 MB, 1600x2400)
3.61 MB
3.61 MB JPG
I'm just going to be hanging around taking photos outside again. Hopefully the park won't be as vacant this time around.
>>
>>10907344
I'm hoping we'll see a return to form. There's a lot more happening in the old building this time around and the weather is supposed to actually be decent from Friday afternoon onward. As of now it's supposed to rain some Friday morning but the sun should be fully out by 1 and stay that way until Tuesday.
>>
>>10900334
>i want con sex
This guide is actually very good
https://wingman.live/blog/how-to-get-laid-at-an-anime-convention
>>
File: 1478982931941.jpg (64 KB, 640x618)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
Cheers to Sakura for taking the Last Place award in abandoning mandated jabs. I haven't been to a single one since last year's
>>10907515
Lel
>>
Moved away from Seattle in 2016, went every year up until then. Just moved back and got my ticket. What's changed?
>>
Already packed. Wearing HUNK again this year.
>>
>>10907533
i love you hitman Monaghan!!!
>>
>>10907527
It's gotten significantly gayer, there's a second building, the dealer hall is almost entirely online stores all selling the same garbage, and they've yet to book a musical guest even half as good as Band Maid. On the positive side, AA and the arcade are fucking massive now that most of the con takes place in the new building.
>>
Anyone else volunteering?
>>
I'll be a red hair red bunny girl walking around. Say hullooooo
>>
>>10907620
Roger, I'll be on the lookout for the last remaining Mikuru cosplayer.
>>
>>10906143
Last year was fine, if maybe a little underwhelming. A lot of the complaints you see here are just because the mask mandate turned a lot of anons into seething children.
>>
>>10907636
Staff were yelling at toddlers over masks. Masks were fucking stupid to begin with.
>>
>>10906160
the main thing was that cons weren't as packed as they are now.
>>
>>10907648
I'm sorry you got yelled at, anon.
>>
>1 band gone
lol rip
>>
Who is everyone cosplaying
Any girls wanna be my friend
>>
>>10905609
Pretty surprised they scheduled the Gaming Expo in Puyallup for this weekend. Probably different attendee demographics (that is I haven't seen anyone I follow post that they're ditching Sak for it) but they do have enough Genshin guests that it seems to be muscling in on their turf.
>>
park is as dead as ever. maybe it'll pick up after the opening ceremony
>>
>>10907676
Which band?
>>
Just a friendly warning: the CD fags from 2 years ago are already all over the main entrance
>>
>>10907729
Soulless and sad
>>
Why does CWF get two shows?
>>
Why are most male cosplays so bad? They don't even wear a wig
>>
girls please respond
>>
>>10907759
Couldn't be me
>>
File: 497.png (275 KB, 680x487)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
Ok who wants to party
>>
>>10907776
Seibaa does but I think you already knew that
>>
Why does CWF have two shows?
>>
Where the girls at I need to fuck tonight I'm at Sheraton hotel. I will be the best zhongli cosplay at the con.
>>
>>10907837
You could always up your chances (in more ways than one) by coming to tonight's meetup
>>
>>10907841
which meetup
>>
>>10907843
/cgl/. The call was already made here but nobody (other than me) answered: >>10907776
>>
Where women
>>
If anyone sees a bulma with a nostalgia critic say hi :3
>>
Who wants to take a qt cosplay girl on an EXR shopping spree
>>
>>10907872
Absolutely nobody.
>>
>More kids this year
>Noticeably low energy crowds
Pottery
>>
>>10907867
I just saw somebody going up the escalator near the park that might've matched this description but I'm not sure
>>
>>10907880
We've mostly been in merch lounge/arcade/retro games all day if it was by there, bulma has a staff badge
>>
Any bars near the con getting a lot of con traffic? Saw a few cosplayers near pony last night but it was mostly the regular cap hill crowd.
>>
>>10907884
I went with my crew to the Carlile Room, *right* next door with the explicit purpose of finding con people. There weren't really any
>>
>>10907887
Damn, I was thinking about going to krem but maybe not. But of a pain to get all the way over there from green lake
>>
>>10907884
We all drink in our rooms, dude.
>>
>>10901551
i wish you were in that list.
>>
i wanted to go this year but would only be able to make sunday.
that said- im not spending $120 on a single day pass. im sure i could simply ask someone who's leaving for their pass but fuck it.
hopefully it's a shit show (like usual)
>>
>>10907911
I usually skip on Sunday since much isn't going on and you know, it's easter.

Took a bunch of pictures though. I'll post them here once I'm done editing them. I mostly stuck to the summit building since the lighting was better there.
>>
Come to Sheraton hotel if you are girl in genshin cosplay for a good dicking just don't be fat
>>
Anyone down for the sonic boom after party at the spin tonite???
>>
>>10907921
I've already been here for about 45 minutes
>>
>>10907924
Yo, catch me there. Ill be the guy in a red tshirt and 2 penlights
>>
>>10907918
hi
>>
1 more day until sakura-con dies, baby
>>
>>10907695
Oh, this why there werent many genshin cosplays at Sakuracon? Felt like there used to be so many.
>>
>>10907925
I dunno if you're still there but we've had a decent turnout here. You included makes at least four in the building
>>
I really didn't see many good cosplays this year, being from the Midwest once I moved to pnw I feel like the ratio of just genshin buy your cosplays from a sweatshop to real handcrafted cosplays went down a lot. Saw a couple cool things and a handful of cool props. One full suit Gundam too. Says something when one of the more fun cosplays I saw was the king of the hill group or the yearly old mermaid man
>>
File: DSC_0153.jpg (1.74 MB, 1800x1200)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>10907956
Mermaid Man is my favorite. I see that guy everywhere.
>>
>>10901171
>>10901171
I've had 3 booster and recovered from having it 3 times, like it's no longer a novel virus we have no protection to. It really needs to be treated like the flu at this point, get your yearly shot, stay home when sick. Watch out for strands that are worse than typical.
>>
>>10907988
You are going to die of heart complications soon vaxxie
>>
>>10907988
>get mystery shots
>get sick every times
>this is a good thing!
What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
I heard the Sonic cringe panel was a great time. Shame I missed it
>>
Home from the con now.

Didn't expect to see so many other Harry cosplayers. Gotta say thanks to the one who told me about these bags at the artist alley. I'll have a better prop set up for next year.
>>
File: FRITTTE.jpg (1.15 MB, 3072x4080)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>10908095
whoops forgot my pic
>>
>decide to have a permanent mascot
>it’s a guy
This flopped so fucking hard lmao. The whole room was silent. Until one guy yelled a sardonic “ok”. They were so mad.
I hope they undo this next year. What a stupid choice hahaha
>>
>>10908110
wait what
>>
>>10908038
That's literally a part of how they work. Your immune system is training itself against the disease, which often produces minor symptoms for a day or so without actually making you sick.
>>
>>10908110
yeah, this con is so dead
>>
After Emerald City I do really like having a major proportion of con activity in the "old building". Stuff like the park feeling more empty is still a shame but I like the skybridge and the bigass Artist Alley. Also the space is just more nostalgic.

>>10907956
>>10907987
it ain't a Seattle con unless you see him and/or the Monty Python Patsy cosplayer
>>
>>10908126
Its still big, they just need to stop being fucking retarded.
>>
Did everyone have a good time? This was my first con/cos and I went as Yu Narukami (persona 4 hero), it was a blast especially the meetups
>>
>>10908130
It was definitely better than last year's. I still am not a fan of having to travel between two buildings though.

Also, I didn't learn that there was a second floor to the Artist's Alley til the last day of the event.
>>
>>10908110
When/where was this?

>>10908132
The lower level is where they hid all the good shit. It's where I spent all my money.
>>
Fucking JJK cosplays everywhere
>>
>>10908130
Yea, I did a Genshin cosplay.
Pretty sure this was the first year they didnt require the shot since lock downs. Their policies are so fucking bad, and the merch store was a mess, and going between 2 buildings hurts everyone. They also fucked up the cosplay contest by hosting it in a tiny fucking room instead of the main stage and it got capped instantly.
Also the j-fashion show was trash, too many blobs and they/thims. This is what happens when you let them in, it scares away people actually into fashion and it just becomes a parody.
Oh, and the hilariously stupid "permanent mascot" is now a man??? The entire closing ceremony got dead silent lmao. The head guy also resigned, I wonder if the permanent mascot was his idea?
>>
>>10908137
>FOTM cosplayers at a con
Shocking. I take it you weren't at Sak '14 where every 3rd (I'm not exaggerating) cosplay was the same exact Aliexpress AoT outfit.
>>
this was my first time at sakuracon and it was alright, the panels being spread out between 3 buildings meant i missed several due to running over and ending up in the back of the line. getting around within summit was also annoying, where the fuck were the stairs?

the best panel was the one about anime characters with multiple personality disorder
>>
>>10908137
>people cant have fun
clam the fuck down, even the consulate general dressed as Gojo, you dont seem to be seething about all the Frieren cosplays.
I used to be a "cosplay elitist" but thats just stupid. If I want more people to cosplay, why would I get mad at people doing cosplays they want to do? The only exceptions are the fucking weirdos, you know fucking who, get mad at them for turning cosplay into a sick joke.
>>
Man for any of you who didn't go to Spin last night, you missed out big time. Better than any con rave I've seen in years. Also I've already gotten two dates out of this con, with a third coming up so that's cool :^)
>>10907956
It's true that the cosplays felt lower effort this year. No meme costumes like a couple years ago for example. Seems to go well with the correlation of low cosplayer turnout leading to low enthusiasm, sadly
>>
>>10908038
The vaccine is not a mystery just because you don't understand vaccines and how they work.

The first time I caught it lockdowns hadn't happened in the US yet and my husband brought it home from work. It wrecked my shit for months and I had heart issues and more "long covid" symptoms.

I got the full Vaccine (and not the shitty Johnson one) and with in a month all my long covid symptoms went away and I haven't had a single heart issue since.

The second time I caught covid it was less than a week of feeling kinda crummy? The 3rd time it was just a mild head cold for like 3 days.

That's how Vaccines are designed to work. They make the corse of the illness less severe, they aren't perfect protection, they just help you recover faster. This is true of the flu shot as well.
>>
>>10908169
I've caught it twice. Never had the vaccine. It was kind of crappy the first time around but the second one was barely worse than a cold. I can understand maybe getting the jab if you're very weak, but for the average person it shouldn't be much of a concern at all.
>>
>>10908137
Lots of Hazbin Hotel cosplays as well, despite it not being anime.
>>
>>10908169
>>10908116
I cannot believe people are still defending a fake vaccine in 20 24
>>
>>10908110
Fucking lolwut
Every annual Sakura-con mascot I've ever seen has been a girl
What retard decided on that
>>
>>10907759
>Why are most male cosplays so bad? They don't even wear a wig

Male privilege is real. I wear my anime t-shirt and get so many compliments.
>>
>>10908173
That was easily the most cosplayed series at Katsucon. That it's not anime doesn't really bother me
>>
>>10908136
Post haul
>>
>>10908173
Helluva/Hazbin is exploding in popularity and I just don't get it.
>>
>>10908182
This shit goes in phases. First it was homestuck, then undertale took over, and since the deltarune updates have been so slow, there's nothing else out there to fill the tumblr hole other than those garbage shows.
>>
>>10908183
Femtists... Femtists never change
>>
File: 17190076899564.jpg (48 KB, 516x819)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>10908136
>>10908114
At the end of closing ceremonies like few minutes before my post. I didnt take a pic but I cant find any online yet. It was this style but with more pink and green (for Seattle and sakura blossom colors).
>>
>>10908110
>>10908186
Enough SJWs complained about the cute girl mascots that they changed it.
>>
>>10908186
Good riddance. Only anime cons seem to have female mascots.
>>
What's the deal with the manga library not being open 24 hours this year?
>>
>>10908226
My guess is staff issues. They were having problems with the merch line too.
>>
>>10908227
I wanted to get a shirt for my mom since she's a weeb as well, but it looked like that line was at a standstill all the time.
>>
>>10908128
I fucking love the Patsy cosplayer
>>10908130
Great time as always. Performing in chess is always a highlight for me, and getting to bring multiple cosplays this year was great fun. Had some great chats with the artists all weekend long, too
>>
>>10908191
fuck you
>>
>>10908235
Well fuck you!
>>
File: 1674522906737393.png (286 KB, 629x475)
286 KB
286 KB PNG
>>10908110
"We have always loved interacting with our community via the mascot contents. We will no longer be doing this."
>>
I've gotta say...the best thing about Saturday night was that it felt like a return to form. It showed I can still be high energy charismatic when I try, and that plenty of people will start conversations with randos. There are plenty of sour grapes posters on this site who act like party con environments are only good for being a degen (which is still true) but they're better for outgoing types, and that's always a better mood

/blog
>>
where were all the cosplayers? i remember when it felt like 25% at least of attendees were in cosplay. this year maybe one in ten, if that. i expected way, way more dungeon meshi but i only saw a handful of Marcilles. a single Lady Gyokuyo and almost nobody else going that elaborate.
>>
>>10908281
My friends and I were going to bring back an improved version of the meshi we did last year but we've had a really stressful last few months and it finally caught up to us the weekend of the con. I did make a new Marcille stuff that went unused, unforunately.
>>
>>10908281
It sucks tbqh, one of the highlights of Sakura-con has (for me at least) been it having both more and better cosplay than ECCC or Pax West.
>>
>>10908285

the amount of cosplay is probably somewhat exaggerated in my memory but i'm glad it's not only in my head. lots of un ironed premade outfits too. where is the love. anything that caught my eye was usually either hazbin hotel or an alt fashion outfit, not a cosplay

>>10908282

maybe the anime is just too new, despite the huge popularity i'm seeing online. but especially with the relatively simple designs to choose from i was surprised
>>
>>10908281
I think being split between 2 buildings makes it look worse than normal. And no designated cosplay zones (besides repair). The should have done it like ECCC with autographs and registration in the Arch so then all the arists and exhibits were in the Summit.
>>
File: IMG_5834.jpg (700 KB, 1536x2048)
700 KB
700 KB JPG
>>10900067
>>
File: DSC_0048.jpg (2.37 MB, 1200x1600)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB JPG
>>10908306
I'm still working on the photos I took. I was one of the six or so Harry cosplayers running around.

Shoutouts to this guy being super cool.
>>
File: IMG_5832.jpg (634 KB, 1536x2048)
634 KB
634 KB JPG
>>10908306
>>
>>10908281
Even 25% feels too low, despite the obvious drop this year. Cosplayer turnout and effort put into costumes were both noticeably weaker. Also the number of Dungeon Meshi's (well manly Marcille) was decent for what I was expecting
>>10908306
Yo shout out, Hitman. I was the Saber at Spin on Saturday night
>>
File: 1681558023269274.jpg (933 KB, 3024x4032)
933 KB
933 KB JPG
>>10908319
tfw didn't get to use my staff due to circumstances

I think I saw more Chilchuk than Marcille.
>>
>>10908306
>>10908310
Nice, I saw this HUNK cosplay several times walking around and that Ada like once.
>>
>>10908281
do you have a pic of the lady gyokuyo? I'd like to see it
>>
post some hot girl cosplays
>>
File: DSC_0022.jpg (736 KB, 800x1200)
736 KB
736 KB JPG
>>10908347
ogey
>>
File: DSC_0077.jpg (2.42 MB, 1200x1800)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
definitely a closet cosplay, but I thought it was funny seeing a Rabbit Hole reference around.
>>
File: 20240330_222448.jpg (995 KB, 4032x3024)
995 KB
995 KB JPG
>>10908310
>>10908306

I saw these cosplayers and I approached them laughing my ass off with how much I adored their cosplay
>>
File: DSC_0079.jpg (2.15 MB, 1600x1200)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
Friday photos are done. Still need to work on the remaining two days.
https://imgur.com/gallery/SqTEQZ1
>>
File: DSC_0137.jpg (2.38 MB, 1600x1200)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>10908363
I have come to the conclusion that the lighting in the Summit is way better overall. I'll try to get the saturday photos out tomorrow.
>>
>>10908281
There were a good number I thought. I was in cosplay every day, too, but very few costumes this year caught my eye.
Lot of One Piece, Hazbin, and the perennial Genshin all over.
>>
File: IMG_5721.gif (299 KB, 500x375)
299 KB
299 KB GIF
>>10908319
Hey, hey!
>>
>>10908371
the crochet mask is S tier
>>
File: John Wick 4.jpg (133 KB, 720x960)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
I don't think there was "one big thing" for cosplayers this year, it feels like in the past there was always one thing that noticeably dominated (Chainsaw Man, Trigun, etc) while there was a pretty solid variety over the weekend. I can see Dungeon Meshi REALLY taking off later this year, good-sized cast for a group or enough visual variety in designs if people want to go solo.
Incidentally I don't think I saw a SINGLE Overwatch cosplay all weekend. End of an era..
>>
>>10908407
JJK and Frieren dominated
>>
>>10907988
>This nigger gets flu shots.
>>
>>10908407
I think I saw one Mercy cosplay but nothing else.
>>
>>10908407
Uhhh JJK and Frieren? lmao
>>
>>10906143
Last year was a'ight, but def worse as far as Sak goes given: the mask mandate, splitting conspace between two con centers, and the fucking RAIN if you wanted to go between con centers. Would say between masks and weather alone this year was already better.

>>10907943
I was there too. First time at Spin and honestly enjoyed the set more than Senpai Squad's 2nd half.

>>10907956
PNW con scene also tends to be younger than a lot of the rest of the country. Def feels like more bought cosplays than 5-10 years ago, but also makes sense if there's just more younger/newer cosplayers

>>10908128
New conspace simply lacks character and variety. The park contributed so much more than the badge-required garden terrace, the con itself doesn't have near as many interesting backdrops for hall photos, the flow of traffic and where people chill out is split up so it doesn't feel as naturally easy to just run into friends while doing a loop around con

>>10908128
Patsy is genuinely an iconic con staple
>>
>>10908407
It just seems like Genshin always dominates these events now.
>>
>>10908137
as the bunnysuit Nanami my b senpai
>>
>>10908464
>First time at Spin and honestly enjoyed the set more than Senpai Squad's 2nd half.
Oh yeah, it was. Whoever thought to play all those late 2000's radio hit remixes knew his audience well
>>
>>10908407
Helluva Boss/Hazbin Hotel, Genshin, and One Piece probably had the largest groups
>>
>>10908529
I don't understand the concept of Genshin cosplays. Is there anything exciting about seeing your hundredth <genshin_character> cosplay? Especially when it's pre-bought?

Not hating, just genuinely confused as to the appeal.
>>
>>10908110
>>10908186
They revealed the mascot in the wimpy con pamphlet. You'd just have to unfold the pamphlet completely to see the other side with the mascot. Then they replaced the 2024 mascot art with the new guy on Day 3 of the con. 2024 mascot girl didn't even last more than 2-3 days.

>>10908175
There have been male mascots.
>>
>>10908530
The point of cosplay for most people is that it's a hobby and representation of what you love. Lot of people love Genshin. Genshin costumes are VERY EASILY OBTAINABLE because it's a Chinese domestic product, and China is the absolute workhorse of all cheaply produced and accessible costumes.

Now if you don't like it, that's just your preference. You can't tell people to stop liking what you don't like. Yes, it's too bad that so many of the Genshin costumes are premade. I've been making cosplays for 15+ years and I wouldn't make a Genshin cosplay, because it's simply not worth the time/financial investments. Far too many parts and intricate gradients if you want to do a quality, accurate job. The best cosplay making stores in China (usually 1/3 Delusions, Miaowu House, etc.) have gotten so much better than a decade ago. The costumes now come with metal and light-up parts, and the cost is about 25% or less of making similar from scratch. I would absolutely prefer to buy a Genshin costume and modify the parts than to slave away for a year and piss money over making the same thing.
>>
File: 171007899445665.png (1.64 MB, 998x1206)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>10908110
>>10908531
Oh, here it is then lmao.
Also 2024 Mascot girl was one of the better ones.
>>
>>10908534
Thanks anon, I think I understand now that it let's less about indulging in a niche thing and getting excited about seeing it - what I find exciting - and more about being able to show your love for something you like. Additionally I can see where it serves as a flag for other people in the fandom to socialize with you.
>>
>>10908536
The fox is cute at least.
>>
>>10908530
I kind of thought the same thing for a while, but I kept planning to do cosplays that never materialized. I thought I had to DIY it to be "real" but after so long of never being able to do any cosplays, I finally decided to just buy a cosplay. And it was fun. Making and wearing cosplay are two totally different things, and now I see it.
I remember one year I asked about a Genshin cosplay and she said she bought it (it was custom made, just not by her), and I said some stupid embarrassing autistic shit. I want people to wear cosplay, and it doesnt make sense to "shame" people for buying it or even being "low effort." Its not even gatekeeping, its just being dumb. So many people start out with making bad cosplays, or low effort things, but a lot of them get better.
The ones that need to be gate kept are the you know "whats" with their fetish shit. Thats the only kind of thing that makes me mad now. Because they aren't cosplaying, they aren't even trying to be beautiful, they are just a disgusting parody built on delusional narcissism and they scare away people from trying cosplay. Nobody wants to associate with those freaks.

TLDR: Making cosplay and wearing cosplay are different hobbies, and it doesnt make sense to shame people for buying costumes if they really want to cosplay because its fun.
>>
Anyone going to anime impulse?
>>
>>10908544
I am with a friend, currently trying to gather more people. So far one person plans to cosplay from To Your Eternity and another from My Hero Academia.
>>
>>10908544
Oh thanks for reminding me, another excuse to cosplay :)
>>
File: 1700574656556458.jpg (85 KB, 1024x959)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
how many girls are here i just want to have sex
>>
>>10908544
I've never heard of this. Is it new?
>>
>>10908560
Looks like it was exclusive to CA until this year and now they're branching out to a handful of locations throughout 2024. I remember them advertising at ALA last year but didn't think much of it.
>>
>>10908544
Yes
>>
>>10908506
The fact that playlist was more lit than any DJ set I heard all weekend speaks volumes
>>
>>10908559
I sent u a DM
>>
>>10908566
I won't have time to put together any new cosplay by then unfortunately. Report back if it's any good if there's not another thread for it.
>>
>>10908467
>bunnysuit Nanami
Need a picture of this asap
>>
did anyone else kiss h.naoto or just me?

>>10908536
mizuki ikuta is my new boyfriend
>>
File: DSC_0143.jpg (2.41 MB, 1200x1600)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
>>10908363
day 2 down

https://imgur.com/gallery/4EEoZOX

do you guys have any recommendations on where else I should host my photos? I've been using imgur for awhile, but I don't like how it compresses images sometimes.
>>
>>10908354
BRO IS THAT GIN????
SOVLLLLL
>>
>>10908770
>>
>>10909018
Is that Rocco?
>>
>>10909018
HOLY fucking based
>>
File: DSC_0044.jpg (655 KB, 800x1200)
655 KB
655 KB JPG
>>10908868
all done
https://imgur.com/gallery/Bb4FlSM
>>
>>10909227
>>10908868
thanks for posting anon.

did any fun drama happen at the con?
it seems like con drama has died off in years.
>>
>>10909256
Didn't really notice any, though I did finally get to talk to the subs or dubs voting guy and he turned out to be a massive douche.
>>
>>10909274
>subs or dubs voting guy
Lel. Sounds about right, but how so?
>>
File: file.jpg (104 KB, 800x1200)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>10909227
FUG. How did not find her? I only saw one other Saber the whole time and it definitely wasn't her, unless she switched costumes
>>
>>10909281
He's extremely pro-dub. He would ask people to give him an example of a bad dub then completely ignore any answers that he got. I think I can understand why his wife left him.
>>
File: DSC_0124.jpg (2.41 MB, 1200x1800)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
>>10909282
I only saw her on Sunday. Wish I got a better photo of her. She was nice.

Also, shoutouts to the OG tsukihime couple.
>>
>>10909287
Holy tits... those are massive
>>
File: DSC02640_02.jpg (2.17 MB, 4024x4909)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB JPG
This patchouli was so cute
>>
File: DSC_0049.jpg (2.53 MB, 1200x1600)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB JPG
>>10909295
feels like touhous are a dying breed. Didn't see too many of them this year.
>>
>>10900336
Did they actually do it last year?

Mentally ill retards. No one has given a shit since early 2021 at the latest.
>>
>>10909302
oh yeah, it was definitely in effect in 2023. They wouldn't let me buy a badge without the jab, so I just hung out in the park instead. They also wouldn't let me post my photos on the facebook page because people weren't wearing their masks in them.
>>
>>10909304
>They also wouldn't let me post my photos on the facebook page
so...are you an insider or something?
>>
>>10909307
no? I just like going to this con, or at least used to, anyway. It's still fun, but I prefer other events these days.
>>
>>10909304
>They also wouldn't let me post my photos on the facebook page because people weren't wearing their masks in them.
Lol thanks for proving these fags are even more pathetic than I thought (and I thought they were extremely pathetic already)
>>
File: 20240329_152348.jpg (889 KB, 1844x4000)
889 KB
889 KB JPG
>>10909300
>touhous are a dying breed
this guy didn't even know what I meant when I said "wich 2hu". he answered reimu like i didn't already know what he was cosplaying

i feel old.
>>
>>10909300
i wore 2 different 2hu on saturday gtfo lol
>>
File: DSC_0133.jpg (2.61 MB, 1200x1800)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB JPG
>>10909517
was this you?
>>
>>10909541
if you saw me i was probs pc98 arisu desu
>>
touhou is cringe and gay
>>
>>10909300
I don't even want to begin to think about how hard that was to put together.
>>
>>10909577
You don't have to, all the costumes posted thus far were store bought.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.