[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Chisato.png (271 KB, 510x500)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
Alternate title: "Eager for a New Thread After a Full Month at Bump Limit Edition"

Keep it /cgl/-related! Cosplay or J-fashion like Lolita/Brolita, Aristocrat, Kimono, Nanchatte, etc.!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ITT you may post:
- Useful guides that can be applied to crossplaying/crossdressing
- Questions, help, sharing advice to improve your appearance to pass temporary as the opposite gender (Male -> Female, Female -> Male)
- pictures of crossplay/crossdressing coords, selfposts
- personal experience/stories regarding crossplay/crossdressing

NOT allowed:
- Anything in sexual context/fetish stuff
- Anything related to gender transition like hormones, operation etc.; >>>/lgbt/ might be the better place for this
- Casual crossdressing without any /cgl/-context

Link collection:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_dKpZOqzVkbN2MtmiU9yTn4LDIfxIhLQAuc8L9xX1k/edit#gid=0

Contact for suggestions or contribution: crossplay.cgl@yahoo.com

Affiliated Discord server: https://discord.gg/eBnVEtQ

Previous thread: >>10887436
>>
File: 1687536371064.gif (3.89 MB, 498x448)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB GIF
>>
>>10907268
why you cryin
>>
File: ex gf.gif (2.23 MB, 498x280)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB GIF
>>10907355
No activity yet
>>
I mean. Summer is still some distsnce away
>>
File: IMG_0235.jpg (286 KB, 960x1280)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
hi other thread died but i crossplayed scarlet witch again
>>
File: Mirror_Mar272024_033136.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920)
1 MB
1 MB JPG
I'll share my latest crossplay, OP! I did Madoka.
>>
Gonna crossplay again for the first time in 3 years this summer. cant wait.

Shame itll probably be scorching and glisten my makeup
>>
>>10907562
Very cute! If you don't mind me asking, what was your budget?
>>
>>10907099
would unironically suck his dick
>>
>>10907565
I’ve got one planned for end of April, and I’m beyond afraid for my makeup at anything above room temperature
>>
>>10907590
Room temperature? Da Fuq.

Anything past 25c and Im bailing. The convention centre really isnt sir conditioned and all the heat radiating from these people will murder me when Im wearing my getup.

Might have to strip down some parts
>>
File: Cccc.jpg (43 KB, 450x450)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
New to this whole thing.

What you guys think about making vs buying cosplay costumes? I feel like maybe if you buy them people think it’s cheap or lazy or whatever.

Although for me I wanna do Anna Williams for Tekken as my first one and there aren’t many vendors

Either way would this be too hard to make? I am decent at art/painting but I have no experience sewing and I don’t wanna use a sewing machine as I live with my parents and it would be kinda secret what I’m doing

Pic rel
>>
Hello, Chisato crossplayer on the thread here. This is my first time on 4chan, my friend found it and showed me...

How did my pic end up here :'>
>>
>>10907694
Are you Asian or white I can’t tell
>>
>>10907683
You will be making dogshit below some of the "good" chinese premades for at least 2 years.

After that youll probably be making pretty good pieces but it will take plenty of man hours to craft. Only do your own cosplays if youre like super passionate and autistic about arts and crafts
>>
>>10907566
Budget ended up being about $120? The dress and accessories was bought off taobao for $70-ish dollars, and then the wig and shoes (which I styled and made myself using leftover ribbon) were another $40. Everything else I had at the ready.
>>
File: 1689453410221814.jpg (33 KB, 534x566)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>10907099
Past threads in earlier years used to have a few lolita anons roaming around. Do they still exist or is it just cosplay anons nowadays?
>>
>>10907683
Most people buy from what I hear.

That dress isn't too hard to make- I made a similar one for my second ever costume. But without a sewing machine it would take forever and be very difficult.
>>
>>10907694
You're cute af
>>
File: 1690983697717016.png (1.94 MB, 1824x2050)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB PNG
I have a year to achieve this as a 6'0 male. What should I be focusing on in the gym?

My current routine is just pushups/rows/glute thrusts. Keep the course? My legs/calves are bulkier than I'd like due to running for my cardio, but I don't know an alternative that places more emphasis elsewhere.
>>
File: IMG_20240331_204628425.jpg (856 KB, 2304x1728)
856 KB
856 KB JPG
>>10903155
finally tried to do some substantial makeup. Hope i did good, the photos really don't do it justice it looks so real irl.
>>
>>10908028
>>
>>10908030
idk about the red-black lipstick thing, Very good start tho
>>
>>10908028
also i hate phone logic
>>
File: 1711930122791.jpg (797 KB, 3072x2184)
797 KB
797 KB JPG
>>
>>10908028
Good start. Keep practicing.
>>
>>10908016
why would bulk out your frame even further if you want to crossplay lol.

Stick to thigh and butt exercises, leave all the shoulder, bicep, chest and "abs" alone.
>>
>>10908139
What targets the thighs/butts but not the calves?
>>
>>10908167
Youre not gonna grow big calves no matter what you do lol. Just do your leg exercises and climb up stairs.
>>
File: thicc inspiration.png (1.79 MB, 1004x1335)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
>>10908190
I wish I could get juicy (fat, not muscle) calves
>>
>>10908263
only asians and half asians can have big calves for some reason.
>>
File: 1694875260328301.png (2.52 MB, 1112x1934)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB PNG
>>10908190
I'd argue my calves are disproportionately muscular compared to anything else I have, it makes me worried to continue with running as my cardio.
>>
>>10908286
no one will notice or care.

calve sizes are not gendered.
>>
>>10908032
>>10908031
>>10908030
>>10908028
Quite gewd ;)
>>
>>10908286
why are you half naked...
>>
high heels question.
These are the heels i am using
they are exactly my shoe size (EU 39), they feel fitting, but if i walk for a few moments they feel like they are slipping.
issue is mostly solved by wearing thick or multiple layers of socks.

My heel feels like it is too far infront of the shoe heel, but when i check my heel is bumped right against the back of the shoe.
Is this how it's supposed to be? am i missing something? i am walking like how the tutorials say, on the outside it looks great and nothing is being damaged, atleast i think, feels very wrong to shift all my weight onto one heel. Any tips, could the heel simply be damaged? there's no noticable difference between left and right so idk, would be crazy if they are both damaged in the same subtle way.
>>
>>10908384
presently i tied them with really strong ropes so the heels hold level and i have added a really strong glue to the rim which i hope will do well enough.
>>
>>10908384
Shoe size varies from brand to brand. These probably run a bit large.

Wear the socks. You'll be more comfortable and no one will know. I always wear socks with boots.
>>
>>10908367
I don't have any tight fitting clothes to point out my musculature so I'm just wearing boxers.
>>
1) the slightest amount of stubble or facial hair makes people view you as male. for turning into a guy, use artificial facial hair, maybe sideburns, waterproof eyebrow pencils. you can dye what body hair you have dark brown or black, which makes it more visible.

for guys becoming girls, use hair removal cream meant for men's faces (most males have hair that is harder to dissolve than female hair).

for wigs, there are "guy" and "gal" versions of the same hairstyle, pay good attention because a tiny difference in the sideburn area or the shape of the back of the head easily turns a male into a female and most wigs are "female" hair. if your head shape is fucked up making you look the wrong gender, try padding the inside of the wig or adjusting the hair shape with clip-on wefts.

2) you can change your voice to sound like almost anything, including another gender, mother tongue or ethnicity (look up "vocal formants" and lessons for actors and stuff). you can literally make yourself sound like a 16 year old japanese girl or some badass super manly guy. but the hard part is remembering to do it every time you speak.

3) if you need a male crotch, most of the time you can just roll up and safety pin a sock to the inside of your underwear. this would work with a swimsuit cosplay for example (even if you're swimming - no one looks that close). for some costumes, a few forms of sports cups would work. if you're paranoid about the sock falling out or want to go all the way, instead of buying some kind of stick-on dick (which will generally just be a pain in the ass), you can buy a piece of silicone underwear with a flaccid or bendable dick attached, they come in both solid shaft and hollow types for $30-50.

4) shoulder pads, super important for girls becoming guys, nowadays there are self-adhesive silicone ones.

5) don't do stuff like use a female t-shirt to cosplay a male character, the cut of the shirt is different
>>
>>10907683
if you can buy one that looks great, or that would look great with some minor adjustments you can do yourself, then i would say just buy. anyone who is a busy adult fully understands the fact that not all of us have the free time and patience to make something from scratch.

if you can't find anything for your character or everything is shit, buckle down and try to make it. if you need to be silent, you can use heavy duty fabric glue and hand sew.

the bigger problem with a costume like your pic is that this kind of "chinese dress" fabric is VERY unforgiving to uneven sewing or sewing mistakes. so you gotta be prepared to fail
>>
>>10908499

> for guys becoming girls, use hair removal cream meant for men's faces (most males have hair that is harder to dissolve than female hair).

Please dont fucking do this unless you wanna end up with chemical burns

Shave and use color corrector when doing makeup
>>
>>10907099
boring thread
I wanted to see more cute sexy women trying to cosplay male characters but this is all men in women's outfits?
>>
>>10908968
I believe you're looking for >>10859759
>>
>>10908499
>you can change your voice to sound like almost anything, including another gender, mother tongue or ethnicity (look up "vocal formants" and lessons for actors and stuff). you can literally make yourself sound like a 16 year old japanese girl or some badass super manly guy. but the hard part is remembering to do it every time you speak.
I have tried, but trying to speak male for more than a sentence or two makes me cough uncontrollable.
Record low was ~130 Hz average
Also let me add:
>hide your chest efficiently
Binders are a thing, but they are fairly restrictive and you will sweat like crazy.
I prefer taping my chest with kinesiology tape (do not ever use duct tape)
It's just as effective, less hot and if you're brave enough you can wear an unbuttoned shirt
>>
Is it possible to widen my hips/thighs as a male?
>>
>>10909022
Foam padding could help you there
>>
>>10909022
Uhh, not without taking meds or surgery.

You can use pads or articles of clothing that poof it up. Works great
>>
>>10908985
For the love of god stop measuring how male/female a voice sounds through its pitch.

Resonance is far more important, you can sound like a woman even at 110hz and a man at 240hz. Dont go around trying to talk like minnie mouse or a chick trying to use the "deep dude voice".
>>
>>10909079
literally this. If you are under 30 you can sound like some girl who smoked too much as a teenager if you just talk like a fag from wherever you are from, since they just emulate female musicality, ofc not exactly but it's a good start.
Having a girl/boy voice is nice tho i wish i could pull something like that without castrating myself.
>>
>>10909022
use pads like i did
>>10908031
>>10908030
it works really well especially if you are wearing something a bit loose over them.
Under the jersey sweatpants i am wearing a pair of tight sweatpants and under that a pair of tights to hold the pads i made from memory foam. There are plenty of tutorials online for the shape, mostly just cut two africa shaped pieces at your desired size (depends on (you)), mostly look up female hip-to-wait ratios and figure out how much more you need thru basic maths and measuring.
also chest ratio really important, the bigger your tits the less obvious your wide shoulders, and your ass is more accented, ofc all this to a point do not go full cartoony unrealistic.
>>
painting heels idk if this is it.
it's currently just painted electrical tape i don't want to fuck something up.
>>
>>10909080
I (AFAB) can do that a bit, but my boy-voice isn't that great.
It's good enough to trick people on the phone though.
>>
>>10909085
what are you going for anon?
>>
>>10909022
Leg exercises can give you larger thighs but you'll also gain definition, which will make you look less feminine. There's nothing you can do to widen your hips.

Your best bet is to use hip pads, like other anons have suggested.
>>
>>10909047
>>10909077
>>10909081
>>10909149
Thanks! Would it look weird to wear skin colored spandex over the pads? The character I'm aiming for has larger, exposed hips.
>>
>>10909154
Skin colored tights or leggings look fine. Girls often wear them for cosplay.
>>
File: bvalk.png (489 KB, 1000x925)
489 KB
489 KB PNG
>>10909114
Nothing specific, other than "girl from my city"
Maybe more on the punk alt side, but certainly she is supposed to be the daughter of someone's son, y'know how it works?
Only goal is to look slay and aesthetic as hell.
I want to drive the eyes to specific areas, like the heels, i am not walking in them for nobody to notice.
>>
>>10909229
girl from the balkans?
>>
>>10909247
...yeah
>>
File: 1612855003744.png (44 KB, 203x292)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
What happened? It was going so well till now
>>
File: pirate lass.jpg (93 KB, 1080x1350)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
I got accepted to a college that whose mascot/theme is pirates. I have sweet vests that look antiquated but I'm missing any pirate bottoms/breeches or boots. I don't have to dress as a pirate, but I guess I can, maybe on events.
I like corsets too. I might get an overbust corset.
pic is for sure not me
>>
File: media_GHGsm3bXsAAO9L5.jpg (282 KB, 1007x2048)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
>>
>>10910553
oh wow you’re hot
>>
so where do i start? i feel like learning to do my makeup is a must, that's why i didn't bought any costumes or wigs yet, but i kinda want to see myself on dresses since i've been hitting the gym for a year now
>>
>>10910618
Unironically just buy a costume, wig, and make up supplies. Don't worry if it's good enough, you should focus on just starting period. The more you actually do it, the more you'll understand how it works, what you'll want changed, and improve. Don't worry about starting perfect, just start.
>>
>>10910630
sounds reasonable, guess i'll start with the good old maid/gothic dress and go from there
>>
>>10909085
okay nevermind this the spray paint is already flaking from simply passively existing.
>>
>>10910630
>>10910631

Also make sure it's something your comfortable with wearing outside in public. My first crossplay costume was a Harley Quinn from Artifice but I've never had the confidence to actually wear it out in public. I enjoy wearing it at home, but it's never been out.
>>
>>10910553
How does one achieve this build
>>
how do you guys figure out which poses work best for your crossplay?
>>
>>10911636
try some in the mirror well in advance of the con, take pictures even. come back a few days later now that the moments all passed and filter out the ones you now hate, and adjust what you think could be okay. just do practice before the con or else you'll see a picture of yourself someone took and want to die
>>
>>10911640
awesome, thanks. I’m still very pleasantly surprised that two people asked to take pics, but I assume they’re not the type that post on social media for me to be able to see them. I like the ones my friend took of me with others though.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.