[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (672 KB, 879x879)
672 KB
672 KB PNG
Well hello, Florida Seagulls. It's been a slower year here, but I know you're out there and you know I'm out there. Our local scene keeps on with one location change after the other doesn't it? HolMat where MegaCon is, OtakuFest where "Super"con is (impending lols there), Mizucon where OtakuFest was, Anime Iwai at the far end of Palm Beach County
>Alternate Title: Musical Venues Edition

>Anime in the Park - April 20 - Groveland
>Sarasota Anime-Fest - April 27 - Sarasota
>KirbiiCon - May 4 - Fort Lauderdale
>OtakuFest - May 17-19 - Miami Beach
>Mizucon - May 24-26 - Miami
>Collect-A-Con Orlando - May 25-26 - Orlando
>Finn-Con@MDC June 15 - Miami
>Anime Festival Orlando - June 28-30 - Orlando
>Metrocon - July 5-7 - Tampa
>Florida Supercon - July 12-14 - Miami Beach
>SWFL Anime-Fest - August 11 - Fort Myers
>FT-Lauderdale Anime-Fest - September 15 - Fort Lauderdale
>WasabiCon - October 11-13 - Jacksonville
>Anime Iwai - November 15-17 - Palm Beach Gardens
>Holiday Matsuri - December 20-22 - Orlando
>>
>>10909590
Did Iwai get blacklisted from all Broward hotels or something? Because I fear the PBG location might even be at more at the mercy of boomers/karens seething
>>
>>10909789
That was probably more a matter of pricing or dates than anything else. There was bad blood on both sides after last year's incident though, I can tell ya that much for sure
>PBG location might even be at more at the mercy of boomers/karens seething
That's actually a good point. I've never had reason to go there but stopped at the Total Wine nearby by pure chance not long ago. The number of retirees around was through the roof
>>
Thread anthem:

https://youtu.be/xIaXl7SqkBw?si=kQCoyTAbNCB2vH8b
>>
>>10909791
>last year's incident
elaborate?
>>
>>10909853
You can read pretty much everything starting here: >>10891094 I was there but got frustrated and went to bed before it got really bad
>>
File: spider-man think.png (513 KB, 622x496)
513 KB
513 KB PNG
>>10909590
been going to a lot of cons here
this years dates are wild but i love em so much ill tag along anyways
>>
Haha whoopsie, looks like I let lil ol SuperFanCon slip through the cracks, and that's this weekend. Are they ever gonna have a consistent venue? They're on at least the fourth that I'm aware of, and now it's Dadeland Mall of all places. And after finally feeling ready to forgive them for their pathetic 2020 showing the week before lockdowns (like 40 fucking attendees total), I can't make it cause I'm moving. Oh well!
>>
File: file.png (1.43 MB, 1080x1087)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
What was meant by this?
>>
>>10909590
I'll be traveling down for metro. My body is ready!
>>
>>10909590
I'll be going to metrocon and Sarasota Anime-Fest if anyone wants to meetup, I'm going by myself so looking for new buddies

disc: kiaser
>>
>>10910759
What's your lineup for metro?
>>
File: 1706188755165.gif (1.08 MB, 498x280)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB GIF
>>10910720
>>10910759
>>10910768
Is there something to Metrocon that I'm not getting? I went three years ago and was pretty underwhelmed desu
>>
File: 20220716_182452.jpg (2.51 MB, 4032x2268)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB JPG
>>10910773
Some years are better than others. I just enjoy going when I'm off work and seeing old con buddies down in Florida.
>>
File: 1713377789970236.png (217 KB, 449x478)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>10910775
What would you consider its best qualities? I can remember three things about it, and the novelty has since worn off for all (no masking in 2021, the Rock Band karaoke guys, the huge booth with cheap import games and CDs)
>>
>>10911031
Best quality to me is hanging out with my fl frens desu. The layout is pretty nice as well. Hotels are comfy, everything is in walking distance, and the chess event is pretty neat
>>
Georgiafag here considering Bold Matsuri since it's only 3 hours away and I've been to Jacksonville before

I'm assuming it's like Wasabicon but with more weebery
>>
>>10909590
Don't forget Bold Matsuri
>>
Friendly PSA: if you ever catch wind of some little one day event like HeroHype or South Florida Con, just don't bother. Even if you're ok with low attendance / low effort stuff, I came to realize they're literal scams after being told
>No card payments accepted, only cash or Zelle (with an additional service fee)
>>
>>10911698
Whenever a con is being held out of like the back of a Days Inn I just instantly assume it's a waste of time
>>
>>10911698
>small con doesn't have all the options as a big one
WOW thanks for the tip anon, next help teach me to tie my shoes.

Seriously who expects more than cash or Zelle for something in a daysinn. Not very well versed in cons yet are you?
>>
>>10911828
50+ in three years. I lost count. Could check the exact number, but I'm not really interested in going out of my way for condescending dickheads
>>
>>10911832
Any you don't know that small cons have limitations? Sure thing anon, must not really take a lot in if you can't understand the basics.
>>
>>10911833
(you)
>>
>>10911835
not a rebuttle but whatever. Just because a con that hosts at max 400 people doesn't take your payment method doesn't mean it's a scam. Zelle is with every major bank and cheaper than PayPal with less risk of fraud chargebacks.

Calling a small con like the ones you listed a scam is just a shitty thing to do.
>>
>>10911841
OK, good. You don't have to be a *completely* smarmy cunt. Cause otherwise, I was gonna leave it at that. In those 50+ cons, there were ones run by university anime clubs and held in the library that felt more professional.
>Your payment method
Yeah, any form of card payment at all. I could have even overlooked that but "service fee" for Zelle is the one that really made me suspicious. Superfancon isn't great either, but there was one one year they held it at Xtreme Action Park which is something different. So yeah, I'm not gonna go to bat for subpar trash where it feels like vendors outnumber attendees
>>
>>10911849
You're complaining and getting about a small event that might be for only 200 people on 4chan. Nothing you said implies or shows proof of a scam. Don't attend if you don't care for the con, and don't call things a scam because you have some tinfoil logic
>>
>>10911698
I when to Orlando Anime Day with some other gulls and we had a good time.
>>
I am trying to hit a lot of cons in Florida this year. Anyone willing to trade a spot in their hotel room for bartending services? I can mix some drinks.
>>
>>10911918
It's a small one day type of gig.
>>
>10911849
>bragging about how many cons you've been to in 3 years
>this general incoherence
I have a pretty good idea who this is lmao.

>>10911852
Don't bother giving him (you)'s he will do some insane mental gymnastics to validate how right he is and if not must be one of his infamous 'haters'. You will literally lose braincells taking to this guy.
>>
>>10911919
Point of contact: rudyfrog (discord)
To reiterate, if you are going to a convention in Florida and have a hotel room with space for one more, I will trade mixed drinks for a bed to sleep in.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.