[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

What's the best community? If you could just magically wake up already living in the city with the comm of your choice, where would it be and why?

Are there any comms that you feel are too far gone and better left given up on to dissolve by their own internal squabbling?
>>
File: 26091097260_918fbfc0dc_k.jpg (1.01 MB, 2048x1365)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>10910018
>>
>>10910018
as an amerifag, i've always been really jealous of the dutch comm. there's so many cute, well-dressed lolitas in the netherlands. i have no idea what the vibe and culture of the comm is like - if there's a lot of drama and infighting, that would be a major turn off for me. i love seeing photos from their meets, though.
>>
This is a photo from Houston
>>
My ideal comm would be any comm that has a high % of old schoolers and as low as possible of an amount of people wearing those mass production dresses, 35$ tier chinese lolita dresses, and men wearing dresses (don't "but Mana..." me.). People with good coording skills wearing 2010s AP, btssb from any era, jpn gothic brands from any era or any jpn classic brand are also more than welcome.
That would be my ideal/dream comm. When I see pictures of an old school meetup I wish I was there. I have no idea if my ideal comm exists anywhere. I doubt it.

But in practice if the people aren't wearing embarrassment level coords then I just prefer to hang out with the people who I click the best with, regardless of their style. Sharing a preferred style means you have more to talk about but it's no guarantee you're going to get along super well. The person who you end up being best friends with might not wear your preferred style.
>>
>>10910032
Can’t tell if you’re ESL or just larping but this reads like you’re super weird.

I was traveling earlier this year and saw a group in the wild in Munich. Idk if they’re a comm or just meeting up/traveling, but they were well dressed and looked like they were having a good time. They were talking about a trip to Neuschwanstein castle, which reminded me that euro Lolitas have infinitely better photo ops than us.

Dream comm would have a hard no whining rule. I swear if I hear one more sob story at a meet I’m gonna flip my shit. Get a therapist and address your attention issues. The rest of us are here to have fun.
>>
>>10910032
ignore the other anon. them saying you're ESL outta nowhere was weird when you're absolutely correct. the perfect comm would be well dressed and full of women only. no children, ladysloth or stupid drama.
>>
>>10910040
>Can’t tell if you’re ESL but this reads like you’re super weird.
BOTH, not larping just ESL and very weird in general. Some days my english is also just worse than other days.

I understand why you would want a no whining rule.
I'm glad there isn't a group who always want to complain about the price or the sizing in my local comm.
There are apparently a few oversensitive people in my comm who go cry to the mods about every single little thing that offends their sensibilities. Like telling the mods that the lolita sharing she had gotten a new walking stick (pink with glitter) for her ehlers danlos syndrome was triggering and inappropriate, or people complaining to the mods that people talking about their measurements (in the context of someone asking for recommendations for dresses based on her measurements) was also triggering and inappropriate.
>>
>>10910052
That’s rough. I genuinely don’t understand why people get it in their heads that their personal issues should dictate conversational topics in public spaces, beyond weird sex shit (which I also can’t stand when people bring up). I have an ED. I can get triggered by certain topics and issues. That’s not everyone else’s problem. I feel like people forget that there’s an occupational hazard to socializing. Toes get stepped on. People are going to say/do things you don’t agree with. If you can’t handle it, stay home because you’re not ready to interact with the adults yet. Discussing sizing and measurements is super common in Lolita fashion, imagine being so entitled that you think the whole comm should avoid the topic on your account, when it’s actually really fucking helpful to get size info and an idea for what items might fit. It’s not like you can go to the store and try it on.
>>
>>10910018
I don’t get why comms are a thing. Why would I wanna hang out with random people just because we wear the same kinds of clothes?
>>
>>10910059
Safety in numbers for me, especially when I first started. I think that’s true for most people. Plus if you happen to meet someone you click with there’s nothing better than a Lolita bestie. But I’ve also met some of the most unhinged people I’ve ever known in the Lolita world so there’s that.
>>
>>10910018
weeb answer, but osaka region would be nice. the innocent world event photos always look full of well dressed girls.
>>
>>10910059
As much as people screech about how they’re not into other Japanese things, most people in the comm have hobbies and interests in common beyond the fashion.

A girl in my comm was so shitty towards weeks and kept bringing out how she’s not into anime. But I spotted a Naruto tattoo on her shoulder kek. People are so weird about that shit.
>>
>>10910077
*weebs
>>
>>10910061
I met a really cool lolita and we started a comm of two in our small town. would you mind sharing some stories of the unhinged comm members you've met? I'm thinking of attending a bigger comms meet that's a couple of hours drive away and I'm a little worried
>>
>>10910136
It’s not really that worrisome, you just learn who to avoid and have a chuckle about behind closed doors. As long as you avoid selling to these people or getting entangled with their drama you should be fine. That being said I feel like it rarely pays off to travel long distances unless you either know someone already that you want to see, or you’re dissatisfied with your local comm.

Most of the unhinged people become pretty clear pretty quick, but even if they’re not you only need one interaction to know to avoid them. I went to a private meet once with a girl, not realizing she was psychotic. Now I know it was a private meet with newbs only because the whole comm avoided her like the plague. She lied about owning multiple colorways of SC (before the re-release), talked constantly about how she’s always been targeted by racists even though it later came out that she’s actually 100% white, and basically invited us to dinner just to try and get us to buy into her weird mlm shit. Most people are maybe a bit awkward, but not like full blown crazy.
>>
>>10910029
>letting the bad "Western gyaru" fattie in the pic
disgusting.
>>
>>10910136
There's something in the water where I live, I swear.

Several years ago, someone was constantly dragging our comm here. Then she started needlessly targeting me. Meanwhile, I'm mid-transaction with this bitch, buying a meta jsk. I realize it's her over a series of events. lol. Dig further, find her tumblr. She made a shitpost about people owning her dream dresses. Turns out, everyone she was targeting on here owned her dream dress. I anon post in a thread, and bait her enough to get her to selfpost. She gets torn to shreds on here, far worse than anything she posted about us. It was the most glorious of train wrecks. A few years later, she ended up on the banned list on lacemarket for scamming people. IDK what happened to ol Christmas Hams, but I hope her mental health is stable. I did get the dress, laughed and eventually just sold it off cause I didn't want that bad juju.

Other notorious characters, including one in a salmon dress with a particular vocal disdain for wigs. Also a penchant for groping minors in front of security getting ejected from cons. Never joined the comm at least.
>>
>>10910164
Also, NTAYRT, forgot to add that part.
>>
>>10910162
I didn't even recognise that as gyaru. My first thought was "what's she supposed to be wearing?".
I've also never seen a fat gyaru look.... well gyaru. I think it just doesn't work. Happy to be proven wrong though.
>>
>>10910167
I mean I would be happy to be proven wrong, so if anyone has any proper fat gyaru pics please share. Not that the girl in >>10910029 looks gyaru, because she doesn't. And probably still wouldn't if she wasn't fat, but it would help.
>>
>>10910162
>letting the MAN in the pic
>>
Britfag here, from going to cons and meeting other lolitas, the best comms I’ve heard of are generally the small and tight-knit ones. Wish I didn’t live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere.
>>
>>10910158
Was this Goose? It absolutely sounds like Goose.

>>10910164
This could be Goose too.

Fucking wild times in Pittsburgh with her and Naturally Racist kicking around. About Goose, I literally had to reach out to someone and let them know Goose's current IG handle in case she was the one harassing them.
>>
>>10910186
It wasn’t goose, but didn’t she also claim to be Mexican? I’m pretty sure she’s the one who got her whole genealogy posted on here going back to the 1700s showing she was white. This girl claimed to be part Asian and that she was adopted which was debunked by the MAGA side of her family when they saw a post she’d made about Asian adoptees on Facebook. Guess she forgot to block *all* of her relatives. ‘‘Twas a wild ride, y’all. Shes still not even technically banned.
>>
File: IMG_8005.jpg (105 KB, 600x600)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>10910167
> My first thought was "what's she supposed to be wearing?"
This was my first thought as well. I’m sure the comm members didn’t recognize her as Gyaru until she told them which shows the overall effort she put into her appearance. The problem with the resurgence in Gyaru is that black girls find out about the style and now it’s considered problematic to tan at all. Gyarus with no tans already existed before the boost in popularity but the problem is you need to have a good outfit and make up if you’re not going to tan, which many gyarus today don’t do.
>>
>>10910190
My comm actually had not one but two black people who rolled through and got busted lying about being half Japanese. It’s weirdly common.
>>
>>10910029
By far the worst comm personality wise
>>
>>10910168
>>10910167
i only have a pic of a cute, fat, jp himegyaru bbu i don't think that counts.
>>10910198
please don't throw black girls under the bus like this. only crazy SJWs and colorist bitter bitches care about tanning. and there are many subsets of gyaru that don't tan, none of the cutesy styles like hime or agejo or roma need tans at all.
>>
>>10910218

see >>10910186

the pittsburgh comm has had more than its fair share of issues especially considering how small it is. theres so much drama that never made it on here and it is heavy shit too. k8, goose, and naturally racist were/are all pittsburgh comm members. i felt for the mods, even tho they were basically useless. they didn’t ban anyone even after tons of shitty behavior and repeated complaints.
>>
>>10910190
She did. She said some business discriminated against because of her Spanish accent. Honestly, fucking legend. She supposedly scammed Naturally Racist during some bjd transaction. Racist warned the comm about Goose, but she ran amuck in the comm anyway.

>>10910247
The current mods are better. But one of the former mods basically worked to keep Naturally Racist in the comm, despite the fact that NR had harassed and stalked a teenage member, among other things. And we lost a really good mod, L., I suspect largely to Goose's harassment.

The last mod team would actually hold bullshit "investigations" on members based on rumors and accusations. But for people who were actual problems like Goose, they'd just make a rule, or in NR's case, literally assign her an adult sitter from the mod team.
>>
>>10910219
seconding this. only weirdoes care that much about tanning. I think people should be getting made fun of for shitty tans though
>>
>>10910340
Kek “investigations”. What a load of horse shit.

I feel like pretty much all mods are non confrontational pushovers at the end of the day. Minor infractions or bs hearsay drama gets an investigation if you seem like a compliant comm member. Ie: an easy target. But the people who are consistently shitty and very confrontational, dramatic, and willing to fight to the ends of the earth for their shitty take get endless second chances and rarely is ever get banned until they do something so bad it can’t be ignored because it gets noticed outside the comm. like NRs very public racist af comments. Apparently lying about being adopted and part asian at almost 30 is fine, but I got a warning for selling something at a price less than $30 more than I paid for it bc a newb got butthurt when she saw the LM listing. Left the comm after that and never looked back.
>>
>>10910340
why won't anyone say what goose actually did? iirc no one even said it on the farms either
>>
>>10910341
oh totally. bad tan, bad make, bad coord, bad hair are all fair game. i just hate that the gal comm is a political shitshow right now, but it sounds like the lolita comm is as well. it's all just arbitrary virtue signaling and it's stressful to deal with. what happened to get wild be sexy?
>>
>>10910347
It was said, and got taken down.
>>
>>10910219
>only crazy SJWs and colorist bitter bitches care about tanning
That's most black girls though
>>
>>10910219
>japan uses tanning to fight colorism
racist!!
>westerners co-opt japanese fashion that's meant to fight their cultural norms
totally fine.
It's too late.
>>
>>10910219
I acknowledged in this post that certain substyles didn’t need tans, but tanning and the rebellious make up of Gyaru is how the subculture started and what it stands for. That would be like lolita suddenly changing from being modest to angelic pretty selling micro skirts, that’s basically what’s happening to Gyaru right now. A part of why oldschool gyaru looks the way it does is because japan in the 90s and early 00s didn’t have black representation in the public eye like we do today, so girls didn’t see how buying the darkest shade of foundation in the store would be considered problematic. You should also consider the fact that gyaru depleted in popularity after Gyaru magazines started pushing light skinned gals with no extreme make up as their models. In my opinion, this new era of Gyaru isn’t even rebellious to begin with and basically ignores what the original gals wanted in the 90s.
>>
>>10910727
a lot of gals weren't even using makeup-- dark foundation wasn't and still isn't common in japan and sun damage wasn't as big of a worry in the 90s, so actual UV tanning was pretty popular. i think it's kind of weird that people will see a tan japanese girl and automatically assume it's makeup.
>>
>>10910730
Nayrt, I'm not a gyaru and have never been but I did "read" a lot of early 2000s gyaru magazines (and listened to eurobeat, ike ike is still a recurring ear worm) and iirc both tanning and darker foundation were commonly used. Some gals would use dark foundation that matched their tanned skin even if their bare skin was immaculate. So I don't think it was "using dark foundation on light skin" but more "using dark foundation to match tanned skin". The enthusiasts also spent a lot of money on tanning, trying to get darker.

Now things are very different. I saw a small documentary on current "old school" gyaru in Japan and it seems they get spray tans.
Gyaru in general has lost its heart and soul. Although I do understand people not wanting to risk skin cancer.
>>
File: IMG_8015.png (2.17 MB, 2550x3300)
2.17 MB
2.17 MB PNG
>>10910730
Ayrt and some people can’t tan naturally, which I believe is something you may be confused about. Of course most Asians won’t be type 1 but that’s up to genetics and not necessarily your race. Like >>10910738 stated there was a combination of both. Sun damage wasn’t a worry in the 90s but if your one of the lighter skin types you can find that out for yourself.
>>
>>10910738
AYRT, yeah, i think we're on the same page here! the reason tanning was popular in the first place was because social norms idealised paler skin as a holdover from when how tan someone was indicated how much field work they did, and lightening creams were extremely popular. gyaru rejected this norm by tanning their skin. the bleached hair comes from something similar-- bleached hair used to be banned from most schools and even some workplaces, and sometimes associated with delinquency. both come from a place of rejecting homogeneity.

but i mostly brought it up because the whole "it's racist to tan" thing is just feels delusional with the context that a lot of girls were using their own natural melanin and as a result of the delusion now gyaru has lost all of its subversive aspects and feels purely mainstream.
>>
>>10910727
>You should also consider the fact that gyaru depleted in popularity after Gyaru magazines started pushing light skinned gals with no extreme make up as their models.
this isn't true at all. it wasn't certain substyles, it was a personal choice, many girls chose not to tan during the most popular point in gyaru because it was very mainstream during the 2000s up to 2010. the only real "style" that requires tanning is kuro because it's in the name. many of the ones involved in hostess culture, followers of ayumi hamasaki, hime-kei wearers and anyone wearing "pop gyaru" never tanned at all. even back in the 90s level of tanning different among gyaru themselves. gyaru didn't die during this time and flourished up until around 2015 where it slowly began gaining influence from instagram on the easily accessed global internet. that's what killed gyaru. not the lack of tanning or tanning or anything related to i. gyaru was only super rebellious for a super short time and then it became worn by attractive girls trying to emulate western trends they saw in videos/magazines. it influenced hostess/host and kyaba culture, music and many forms of media. the reason it's shit now is because of globalization and trend hopping due to tiktok. i suggest you actually do more research into gyaru and what it was and what it evolved into because the shit it is now is a natural progression from what it was in the 2000s.
>>
>>10910730
Gyaru often wore foundation on their faces an tanned their face lighter. It was fairly known in Japan/EA that tanning caused wrinkles at the very least. A lot of gyaru used bronzer and darker shades from the US instead of actual foundation(as well as stuff that wasn't even makeup) to achieve the dark tone and makeup looks of the 90s. There are many resources and documentaries that showcase this stuff if you know where to look. I can link some that are available on youtube.

>>10910727
Most of what you're saying isn't really true and gyaru definitely was booming when less girls were tanning. It was the most popular "style" for a good decade, and was worn by many big popstars of the time. Gyaru only started dying when western internet was more easily accessible, so they could just copy western trends instead of inventing stuff. That's not to say it's not a shame, but what you're saying is disingenuous.
>>
>>10910744
>the whole "it's racist to tan" thing is just feels delusional with the context that a lot of girls were using their own natural melanin
NTA, but that's the part that's racist apparently. many black women are bitter at lighter skinned women(including other black women) that they are able to tan and it goes away. also i think you are focusing too much on gyaru being rebellious when it was only rebellious for a very short time as other anons have said.
>>
>>10910342
The current set doesn't put up with bullshit. I think they realized they can't spend all their energy on the three people being a problem when you have a whole comm.

It was an "all hands on deck" situation getting Goose out. She actually called a literal teenager in the comm and wailed at the poor girl to do something about her, Goose, getting kicked out. But I do get why people who are not being paid and rarely thanked are loathe to deal with drama llamas.

>>10910347
It's not fun gossip, and not surprised the Farm took it down. Here's some fun gossip.

We were headed to a park, and K8 and Naturally Racist were at the back of the pack. I was walking slowly just keep an eye on people. While I wasn't eavesdropping, I did catch enough of their conversation to realize they were bonding over their encounters with Goose.
>>
>>10910910
Goose was truly the worst. Especially given how long she was in the comm without getting banned and given the fact that other fandoms/hobbies she came from actively warned Lolita’s about her.

She scammed people on LM, stalked people, lied pathologically, cornered and love bombed newbs to use them as character references and gaslight everybody, openly admitted to and bragged up about draining her husband dry financially because of course she’s too disabled to work, but also stated openly and publicly that she never had sex with him and never would, sold counterfeit BJDs and then used everyone’s hatred of Naturally Racist to avoid accountability, insisted she was rich whilst also demanding payment plans on items less than $50, lied about being Mexican and dealing with racism related to her Mexican accent when she’s actually as white as she looks, oh, and actually was super racist towards Chinese people and describes them as dirty. I was told by someone who would have known that she attempted to essentially blackmail “someone” by stealing their racy photos and that’s what got her banned. I’m not sure if what they told me is the truth, but given the context of some other things I won’t share here, it made sense. She also threatened to sue the mods when they banned her.Someone should make a copy pasta of that infamous pretentious novel she included on that COF post of her coord for Tekko that one year. It sums up her attitude and narcissism perfectly.

Who’s worse than goose? Any contenders in your local comms?
>>
>>10910200
how did you find out they lied about it. other than it being obvious on sight
>>
>>10910954
NTA but it’s not always obvious on site. The person I saw get caught was outed the way most people get outed for lying about their race- siblings and other family members don’t have any idea what you’re talking about when it comes up, or even actively come out and say it’s a lie publicly like the girl whose family came out on fb and straight up said she’s not a half Asian adoptee.
>>
>>10910077
It's just NLOG behavior, I've never met another lolita that didn't have some other kind of Japanese interest somewhere
>>
>>10911048
It is weirdly common for Lolitas to lie about not ever liking anime. maybe it’s just a reflex to avoid neckbeards attempting to converse with them or gatekeep them about obscure anime. I’ve always found it weird when Lolitas go to cons but then insist they’re not into anime and get butthurt when rando con-goers think they’re cosplaying. K8 claims to not like anime and that it’s stupid, but I’m pretty sure k8 has some anime tattoos and was a super weeb back in the day. Not sure why some people think they’re better because they don’t like anime, and I say that as someone in the fashion who hasn’t watched anime since middle school.
>>
>>10911098
They probably internalized the idea that anime/weebishness is "cringe" and are insecure about being associated with it
>>
>>10911048
>>10911098
>>10911101
nayrt, but usually the lolitas who scream they're not into anime (and make it sound like anime is bad and gross) are always into some other japanese non fashion related thing. Usually music and/or manga.

It's been very rare that I've encountered a lolita who claimed to not be into any non fashion related japanese thing ("I only like lolita fashion, I'm not interested in other japanese things. Sorry."), but when I did I always found out it was a lie. I'm convinced they have internalized the belief that being into aspects of japanese culture/media is cringe.

I was into anime/manga/j-pop when I found out about lolita, there were a lot of years afterwards where I wasn't into anime (and manga and j-pop) anymore but I've never hidden the fact that I've enjoyed it in the past or suggested that I was better than other people for not being into anime anymore. Now I'm back into anime.
As a concept it should be perfectly possible and fine for someone who is into lolita fashion not to be into any other japanese things, but in reality I just haven't encountered that yet.
>>
>>10911098
I saw a huge rise in this in weeb fandom - people suddenly "growing up and quitting anime (often moving on to obsessing over US cartoons)" - back when LiveJournal died and everyone moved to Tumblr. Literally, within the span of a few months to a year or two of someone moving to Tumblr their personality and hobbies would completely change and they would deny the previous them.
>>
>>10911118
if we're talking about the past, in the online lolita community during the LJ days it was considered cringe and bad to like anime and manga so people tended to hide it and only talk to people about it if they knew they were okay with it. It was believed that people into anime didn't know the difference between cosplay and lolita, or didn't know the difference between lolita and lolita-adjacent fashion in anime, or that it brought you close to being an ita, who were stereotyped as being crazy about anime and manga and wanted to shoehorn anime and otaku culture items into their outfits (often anime t-shirts, maid cosplay, cat ears, tail, choker with a bell, etc).
Anime in the 2000s also had a bad reputation (compared to now) because people were still associating anime with the anime that made its way to the US in the 90s which were often full of gore and sex. Anime in the 2000s itself was also often very fanservice-y low brow entertainment, some belonged to the harem genre or had very icky themes (go check out Loveless, or rather don't). Admitting to liking anime made people assume you were probably a degenerate or an edgelord. With some exceptions of course, some 2000s anime was great.
>>
>>10911118
>I'm grown up now because I watch different cartoons than I used to!
I have no words
>>
>>10911127
> Anime in the 2000s itself was also often very fanservice-y low brow entertainment, some belonged to the harem genre or had very icky themes (go check out Loveless, or rather don't).
man, shut up
>>
>>10911193
You like Love Hina don't you.
>>
>>10911195
nta but it sounds like you only watched dubbed anime or something.
>>
>>10911317
because? If you're not going to give a reason I'm just going to have to assume you have interpreted what I said to mean "all 2000s anime is bad". Or is it because you romanticize the 2000s because of nostalgia? Maybe you are simply not aware how much shitty anime was released back then.

With the exception of what aired on tv I've only watched subbed anime. Can't stand dubbed.
>>
>>10910029
left to right
would, would, would, pass, pass, pass, wife, pass, would, kill it with fire
>>
>>10911330
there is way way more shitty anime now. i would take any 2000s fanservice harem over "i isekai'd as a sentient asmr mic for a high school all girl asmr club" anime has always had good and bad but some shit now is sickening.
>>
>>10911330
nta but anime is still full of fanservice and low brow entertainment now. The harems just moved into isekai
>>
>>10911476
exactly, if anything there is more bad anime now because there are more companies making anime, let's not discount the omegaverse yaoi anime being marketed as a cute gay family show. or the copious amounts of straight up hentai being officially subbed(like interspecies reviewer). if anything smut is more prevalent and normalized in basically everything. even apothecary diaries has some uncomfortable things in it.
>>
>>10911469
I didn't say there aren't shitty anime now. That's not the point. It's also not a fair comparison to compare a 2000s fanservice harem to the most obscure low budget isekai anime out there today. The barrier to entry to making anime is far lower now.

>>10911476
2000s was peak fanservice, sometimes in shows that had no substance to justify the fanservice in the first place.

>>10911482
I would take interspecies reviewers (uncencored) over the large majority of harem anime from the 2000s. Smut itself isn't the problem. Interspecies reviewers isn't fan service, it's basically soft core animated porn.
I would take interspecies reviewers over any 2000s anime that lacked a story but had upskirt shots, boob shots, etc galore.
For me personally there have been some shows recently that blow the large majority of 2000s anime (regardless of genre) straight out of the water. Is there cringe shit now? Sure. Does some recent anime lack substance? Absolutely. That's not the point. I loved anime in the 2000s, but imo there are more good animes being released every season now imo than there used to be in the 2000s. If your argument is that there's simply more anime being released and that explains that, then that's fair. That doesn't stop me from thinking a lot of 2000s anime is boring and lacking in substance.

I'm getting far more shows right now where I'm enjoying every single episode compared to in the 2000s, when I made myself sit through some episodes of some shows for the sake of the story just because I had basically seen everything else that got subbed. There were also plenty of slow seasons for me in the 2000s where I didn't like anything that was being released, or just one show.
>>
>>10911518
2000s was only peak fanservice because the broadcasting laws were different and allowed a little more. They still do whatever they can get away with
>>
>>10911518
>I got tricked by fanservice shit before but don't anymore so therefore it doesn't exist anymore!
so this confirmation bias anecdotal evidence. got it.
>>
>>10911518
>there are more good animes being released every season now imo than there used to be in the 2000s
I'd say there are also more abysmally bad anime being release now, you probably just ignore them because you have enough variety to. Whether you like the best of 2000s anime or the best of modern anime is just down to taste
>>
>>10911547
how did I get tricked by fan service? If it was in a good show I just put up with it, if it was in a bad show I just didn't continue watching beyond one episode.

>>10911549
>I'd say there are also more abysmally bad anime being release now

that's not really important to me as long as I have more options in high quality anime compared to before.
"It's just down to taste" is only valid to a certain extent. The quality of the animation itself is more of an objective thing. So is the sound design/soundtrack. Story telling is a bit more subjective, but the quality is generally reflected in how well it's received. However popular does not necessarily mean good. Naruto was/is popular, it's also been one of the most mocked anime ever. How many more anime are simply popular because a lot of kids and teens watch it, who then build nostalgia for it and watch it as adults, but it's far less popular with people who watch it for the first time as adults. You could say it's just demographics, that these shows weren't intended for adults. But you do get more discerning with age. Just look at the childhood shows you did not have nostalgia for. You'll think "I watched this and enjoyed it? This did not age well". Good kids/teen shows age well and are entertaining for all age groups even if they were intended for children and teens.
>>
>>10911581
you are so incredibly wrong about what you're saying.
>>
>>10911778
Come up with some reasons then.
>>
It’s hilarious to me how this thread brings up people frowning on liking anime in the Lolita community, then proceeds to illustrate exactly why that’s the case by spamming the thread with completely irrelevant back and forth arguing over shitty tv shows normal people haven’t watched since they were like 13.

Thats exactly how the weebs in my comm act, with no self awareness of the fact that literally no one cares about their anime-related opinions and philosophy. It’s not inherently lolita related, and it definitely doesn’t belong in the comms thread, but thanks for proving a point
>>
>>10911782
everyone has given you many reasons and examples but you just give shitty anecdotes about how it doesn't affect you. you can't back up something you stated as fact with a bunch of opinions. just take the L and stop derailing the thread.
>>
>>10911813
There aren't really any inherently lolita topics in general, barring simply talking about lolita. Activities and topics comms tend to stick to are just lolita adjacent and often barely. Plus I have never met a lolita who wasn't a weeb. 99% of lolitas learn about it through anime or cosplay or cons. Anyone saying otherwise is lying.
>>
>>10911813
I had a good laugh at this. Not wrong. Most every event I’ve been to 2-3 anime fans dominate the entire conversation and refuse to discuss anything else no matter how clear it is that the rest of us would like to move on. It’s maybe more related to being younger than liking anime but it is pretty annoying nonetheless.

>>10911855
I disagree. Best conversations I have are usually about life, school, work, and the fashion itself. Jewelry making/crafting is also a very common topic, haha and let’s not forget gossip about the community in general. There’s so much more to talk about than anime, and it’s actually not as common in my comm for people to have been introduced through anime.

People definitely lie about that, but I know two people who were introduced through GLB which later introduced them to the anime scene by association. I also know people who were introduced through the Harajuku fashion craze of 2010s. People who feel the need to remind you 24/7 that they’re not into anime tend to be kind of douchey though, so take that as you will.
>>
>>10911518
People have nostalgia goggles, they hear "2000 anime" and think about classics like death note and soul eater, not shit nobody remembers like bottle fairy or magic users club which was actually the majority, kind of like how now most stuff is bad but some good
>>
>>10911853
No they have not. "fanservice has been replaced by isekai" and "they had more fanservice because of lax rules" does not disprove that 2000s was peak fanservice. "there is more anime being released now, so you could say there's more bad anime too" doesn't disprove that there's more higher amount of good anime being released now. "you got tricked by fanservice" isn't even an argument, it's a wild baseless assumption. "You're just wrong bro" is also no argument.

You're all just mad because you think I'm spitting on your nostalgia.
Take your own advice by taking the L and shutting up.
>>
>>10911862
exactly, they probably have nostalgia for an era during which they weren't even watching anime. Because great anime got released far and few between you had to wade through the masses of mediocre and bad anime if you wanted to watch anime you hadn't seen before. Today that isn't the case, there are more good anime per season being released. And that's not even touching on the fact that you now have a much bigger library of past anime to go back to if you wanted to.

Magic users club wasn't even bad. It's stuff like "Eiken", "Endsky" and "the cosmopolitan prayers" (yes, I know there's bad anime now, that's not the point). That's not even touching on the mass of low mediocre anime. (love hina is definitely on that list for me as well as LoveLess). It's also much easier to avoid watching even one episode of bad anime today because of how much more free coverage there is on new anime.
>>
>>10911861
nayrt but anime rarely gets brought up in my local comm online or irl. I think it just depends on how weeby your local comm members are. I know plenty of my local comm members watch anime, it's just not a common topic outside of one on one conversations.
>>
Post about comms or go somewhere else. No one cares about your argument over which cartoons are or aren’t worth watching as a grown adult.
>>
>>10911865
Personally I prefer quality over quantity
>>
>>10911872
Do you know what site you are on? Lmao
>>
>>10911878
Do you know what fucking thread you're in? Go back to circlejerk, newfag.
>>
Phoenix unironically.
>>
>>10911876
ayrt, and yes, me too. That's why I prefer the current year for anime. I prefer having multiple great animes to watch every season over having one or none.
>>
>>10911891
But you're wrong. What "great anime" came out last season?
>>
>>10911872
>she thinks all cartoons are for kids
kek. this thread is fucking garbage anyway, who cares.
>>
>>10911900
Have you watched anime this and last season?
>>
>>10910029
Nope. None of the Texas comms are good. Try again.
>>
>>10912314
Who burnt your biscuit? Do share.
>>
>>10910029
So which one is thy psyco who started the drama over the Corolla?
>>
>>10912334
The what? Give us the tea.
>>
File: IMG_6878.jpg (79 KB, 564x659)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
I genuinely like my comm these days. We had a few cows who had so much milk i could write a novel about it, but they have either become entirely inactive or have really matured and grown up since they joined. We are all good friends outside of the comm too. We don’t take things too seriously and thankfully they aren’t caught up on appearing like cute innocent flowers despite being grown women, they are actually really funny and don’t mind making playful friendly jabs at each other. A lot of them are really creative and have taught me so much since i joined.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.