[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pikpanty.jpg (304 KB, 960x1280)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
Old thread hit bump limit.

My comm president is having her 40th birthday tomorrow. Wtf, I would have guessed she was like 25, but she has 2 kids who both cosplay Sonic th Headgod chracter
>>
I truly feel that there is no one worth knowing in these types of hobbies. Cosplay, lolita, cons, these are all havens for socially maladjusted losers who turn out to be more bitter and caustic than average ""normalfags"".
On the other hand, engaging in other creative hobbies like art, music, and woodworking has led to meeting so many amazing people, including my current girlfriend.
>>
>>10910764
Go away moid
>>
One of my biggest fantasies is going to an anime convention with a girl and letting her use me as her personal human ATM.

>I will pay for her travel costs
>I will pay for her hotel room
>I will pay for her entry fee
>I will pay for her cosplay if she chooses to dress up
>I will pay for all her meals
>I will pay for anything she wants to buy from the merch booths
>I will perform any additional favors or tasks she desires. Carrying her things, saving her place in long lines, taking pictures of her, etc

The most important part is that even though I will be there with her, I will make sure to keep a respectable distance between us. Close enough that she can call me over to borrow my wallet when she wants to buy something, and give me her bags to carry for her, but far enough away that nobody will look at us and think we are a couple. This way she will be free to flirt with any guys she meets there and get hit on. If I'm lucky, she'll let me wait outside of her hotel room while she hooks up with them.
>>
>dressed up as Miku for Miku Concert
>no one came up to me to say my outfit looked nice
>go up to several cosplayers and compliment them
>"Thanks, your miku outfit is cute too!"
>feels nothin', man, say "thank you" and move on

The only person that took my pic is a mexican girl who took a pic of me and her friend together. that was nice
>>
When I go to cons, I really need to stop focusing on quantity by trying to take pics of so many cosplayers. It makes me miss chances for social opportunities and making friends with people who'd be interested in talking to me.
>>10910760
where's that pic from?
>>10910770
sajj
>>
>>10910764
All of these hobby spaces have wonderful people in them and unfriendly people in them. I do hear about drama in far away communities but I've never personally experienced that in the communities I've been in (cosplay, lolita, art, other creative hobbies). I don't think I got unusually lucky, I think the drama is the exception not the rule.
>>
>>10910776
Anime North
>>
On one hand, I want to cosplay something I'm passionate about because that's the entire point.
On the other hand, I want to cosplay something popular because I experienced the unfathomable dopamine hit of someone asking to take a picture with me and that memory will stay with me for the rest of my life as it is quite possibly the only time anyone I don't already know has been that interested in me.
Conundrum.
>>
>>10910770
When I went to Miku Expo in NYC, I saw a girl at the bar dressed as Miku. It was so cute.
>>
Let the threadly con karaoke posts, commence! I can sweep the floor with 90% of singers on a bad day. I'm now so self-assured, I'm gonna sign up for a contest the next time I see one. Feels good already man
>>
>>10910760
>>10910784
Is it bad that I knew she had to be Canadian because I recognized her underwear as being from La Senza?
>>
File: 1707004204461726.jpg (84 KB, 584x330)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>watching IkeNotMike videos while drinking
>see his AWA experience
>recognize one of the Air Force guys I do work for (I do air base supply) cosplaying Nanami
>almost certain it's him
>want to ask him to confirm since he visits my office constantly but don't want to be creepy/reveal powerlevel
Wat do
>>
>>10911214
Maybe you could put up like a mainstream shonen anime poster in your office? And perhaps just see what happens from there - at least, I think this would be like a more passive / relatively innocuous way of approaching things.

(I just mention shonen in particular since that's mainstream and a relatively "normie" thing now, not like having a Boku no Pico poster or something crazy like that)

Maybe even something like a small anime-related figure or plushie - I guess something more on the inconspicuous side - this would allow him to engage / initiate rather than you (since you mentioned he visits your office a lot - he's bound to see it eventually)
>>
My dream dress is on LM for a great price in perfect condition but the auction’s gonna end at 3 in the morning. God help me
>>
>>10911260
if it's really your dream dress then set an alarm, wake up on time and place your final bid, and then don't complain about the sleep you miss out on.
>>
>>10911263
It is a dream dress but my sleep is heavier than normal due to medication I’m on. I’m gonna set an alarm and try to stay awake anyways.
>>
>>10911269
Set 20 alarms if you need to. Godspeed, nona!!! Share the dress with us after you win it
>>
>>10911283
Stop posting these stupid little stories. No one gives a shit.
>>
>>10911214
Damn. I've been to every con this guy featured sans DragonCon. Maybe I oughta keep an eye out for him at Colossal. But it does raise the question, are there any REALLY successful "convention lifestyle" channels? Cause I've never found any
>>
>>10910808
ime though far fewer people recognize a niche cosplay the people that do are WAY more excited. I mean there's always the fear of the "literally nobody recognized me" nightmare scenario... but people are more likely to react strongly to the only person they've ever seen cosplay a character versus the tenth Yor they've seen that day.
>>
>>10911283
is this real??? m
>>
>>10911345
no, it's a troll posting made up stories.
>>
>>10911332
I think con life people are just tiktokers trying to get a foot up by pandering to anime people
>>
being a lifestyler is hard, i have no normie clothes (work from home) so i have no alternatives. been doing this for a decade. sometimes i don't have the energy to dress up but i hype myself up for it anyway. i just always want to be cute!
>>
>>10911548
Got any comfy cutsew ops?
>>
>>10911548
cutsews, cutsew dresses, room wear.

There's also a lot of lolita adjacent cute comfy casual wear to hang out at home in.
>>
File: hulk.jpg (136 KB, 790x1188)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>10910760
>tfw I tell my wife some vendor was "a Godzilla nerd," and my daughter starts screaming in the middle of the con, "Mom! Dad said the N word! Dad said the N word!"
>>
I'm not either, but I'm asking because I keep seeing this pattern.
I wonder if christian men actually prefer atheist women, woo them under the pretense of atheism, and keep their true beliefs a secret until they want to get rid of the atheist partner guilt-free.
Then they deliberately overact their lunatic tendencies to get their partner to leave them.
If they dated christian women, they would have no premarital or wild sex (well, except that an anonymous survey revealed that many christian men don't see buttsex as sinful), and would have to actually make it work.
They can just lament that their "conversion attempt" failed, and so, are unequally yolked or something, and thus, free to ditch them.
Thoughts?
>>
>>10911672

christian men want a christian women in the streets and an OF woman behind closed doors, but they can’t handle what it takes to be in a relationship with an OF woman and everything that comes with
>>
>still haven't found a dragoncon room
I don't wanna stay offsite, bros...
>>
>>10911672
There's some muslim guys in my college who talked about doing something similar. They're allowed to date non muslim girls as long as they don't marry them. They date and fuck around a lot (hiding their religion, not introducing the gf to their parents) and dump their girlfriends guilt free when it suits them. Their parents are fine with it. If the girl isn't muslim they don't consider it serious anyway. A few of these guys said they were absolutely dreading the moment their parents would force them to marry muslim women, they see it as an end of their life.
>>
>>10911672
>>10911707
Men just lie to sleep with women. It's not any deeper than that.
>>
File: dumsharkjuice.png (427 KB, 566x548)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>10910760
Well, my sister officially kicked the big titty girl out of her cosplay crew. I'm really going to miss them.
>>
>>10912262
Was she jealous
>>
>>10912275
Idk, something about how tits girl kept trying to make her cry for fun. It sounded bad. God she's hot though.
>>
>>10911672
Wtf am I reading?

>>10911694
No. Men just want you to only turn your whore on for them and nobody else when you're in a relationship.
>>
I love seeing all the fat whores that bullied me struggle to pay their roach motel rent and getting even fatter while I get skinnier and richer. Seethe and burn, hogs.
>>
>>10911641
>and my daughter starts screaming in the middle of the con, "Mom! Dad said the N word! Dad said the N word!"
cute

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.