[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

barely anyone does military cosplays nowadays, and most of them are considered larping anyway. good news is that the market isn't saturated and ripe for the taking

long story short if you Google csgo cosplay you'd probably find me on the first result
>>
>>10911053
When I wore an even vaguely military-esque outfit, people stopped me on the streets to thank me for my service. So I avoid military shit, bomber jackets and the like now.
>>
>>10911055
Sounds pretty cringy. For them to do, not you
>>
>>10911055
that's murica for ya. Over here you just get your picture taken surprisingly enough by passing families or normies not knowing anything about cons and just think the wow factor of seeing a larp with a gun
>>
>barely anyone does military cosplays nowadays
This must be your area cause there's always plenty in my area. HolMat in particular has at least a couple hundred
>if you Google csgo cosplay you'd probably find me on the first result
Quite based. Evidently also the second result and another on row 5

For me, it was waltzing into ColossalCon East for the first time, in a state I'd never been to before, and being recognized almost immediately. It happened about a dozen other times after. Also, not exactly peak but I'm still amused that I can clearly see myself several times in the MGScon promo reel that autoplays on their front page
>>
>>10911059
Op here, I'm a southeast asian anon. im basically living the white boy yellow fever dreamscape of petite Chinese doing genshin cosplays that are miles ahead what Sarah from SoCal could ever manage. Too bad my interests lie in the larp, and it's one guy in crumpled BDUs and tacky nerf rifles per 20 hu Taos.

>being recognized in another state
fuckin A', it's doubly more satisfying when not only do they recognize you, they also recognize your character. do something well and enough times someone will inevitably be interested in your niche character where they otherwise wouldn't.

Nothing triggers the dopamine harder than someone going "hey, aren't you're the same [character] from [insert con]?"
>>
File: 1535125138102.jpg (24 KB, 540x306)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>10911059
I love getting recognized at outta state cons. Feels good man
>>
>>10911059
I had a similar experience of going to Acen and getting recognized. I didn’t even have a huge following, so it was a bit of an ego boost
>>
>>10911055
Thank god I live in the urban Northeast, no one gives a shit about "the troops" here.
>>
>>10911053
the con shooting is taking too long, hurry up faggots
>>
>>10911122
>shooting up a place full of magical girls and narutos
yeah thats not going well
>>
>>10911129
>girls
Gross
>>
>>10911129
Unless the magical girls are trained in military tactics it'll prolly work well enough. On the other hand...

>Yea call in an artillery strike to delete the grid the magical girls are in.

What was the name of the short story written by an actual published science fiction author where some magical girls absolutely wipe out a military unit (as in, wipe out a mechanized regiment)
>>
>>10911206
>military
>tactics
Only thing they know how to do right is an air strike. Everything else is pretty lame
>>
File: IMG_0317.jpg (73 KB, 720x960)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>10911053
This has to be one of my best.
>>
>>10911053
I saw a captain Price among the military larpers/cosplayers at my last convention
>>
>>10911206
There is a manga/anime called "Magical Girl Spec-Ops: Asuka"
>>
>>10911426
very based, I'm currently compiling a kit for REboot4 survival mode hank. It's always fun to spot minor iterations between his designs
>>
Military cosplay gives me major autistic vibes
>>
File: IMG_9414.jpg (1.34 MB, 3088x2316)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>10911467
Thanks, I’m thinking of switching out the vest for a flack jacket, and a tan holster.
>>
>>10911737
What's the difference between a bulletproof vest, plate holders, and a black jacket?
>>
>>10911053
Bro I love it. I am gona do an Elite Crew cosplay soon. Got an AK prop and most of the clothes.
>>
>>10911082
Its okay I pick up the slack for you
>>
>>10911426
>>10911737
Nick Hunk. I wish to do a RE2R take eventually. What did you do for the uniform fatigues?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.