[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712806302212867.png (2.44 MB, 1140x1289)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB PNG
>has the best fries in your path
>>
>>20402808
Are they the same as Rally's fries?
>>
>>20403041
yes
>>
>>20402808
t. former employee (90s, but I don't see an efficient policy changing)
Anything that wasn't fresh crap like maters or branded stuff like drink syrup had both Checkers and Rally's logos on the box.
>>
Every single Checker's is either in the ghetto or right near it, and they're always in weird out of the way spots, which are hard to get into, for some reason.
Still love me a Big Buford.
>>
File: Checkers_Rallys-fries.jpg (238 KB, 612x612)
238 KB
238 KB JPG
Bow down, these bitches be famous even in NY!
>>
>>20403119
Maybe in the seedier side of some town but their all over in frozen sections of hoopty doo supermarkets.
>>
>>20403119
There used to be one in my area where it's not uncommon for homes to go for $500k and up (got mine for a fucking steal in 2012 at $120k cuz it's the smallest one here and the sellers really needed to GTFO) but they closed a few years ago and I don't know why. There have been numerous neighbourhood meetings since where someone has brought up the property with one lady suggesting we should petition for eminent domain but she didn't have much of a follow-up for what to do with it after.
>a park or something!
While I agree they tend to be in the hood, this one, for some fucking reason, was not and I miss it. Closest one to me now is absolutely in the hood and I'm always tempted to go there when I'm in that part of town (because cheap stores)
>>
>>20402808
Popeyes has the best fries.
>>
>>20402808
they've all closed here on long island. Shame. They used to be amazing until they replaced their second slice of cheese on the double with some kind of yellow mystery sauce.
>>
File: 1492433693679.png (295 KB, 473x347)
295 KB
295 KB PNG
>>20403455
>>
>>20403455
Second best.
>>
>>20402808
ok
>>
>>20403119
Kek pretty much, at least here in Florida.
Although the one in my city wasn't, weirdly enough it was in front of a Home Depot next to an Advance, like it wasn't meant to be a plaza, they just kinda... Put those in the front of the lot. Anyway it closed down (too much competition from the hot dog cart I guess) and became a fucking Valvoline because of the twin drive thru.
In another city I lived in, the Checker's was off of a feeder road for some reason and it was like they did as little clearing of trees as possible to get the building on the land, so going around for the drive thru, you were surrounded by foliage and really the place looked like it was closed because of the overgrowth. Right near the Mexican side of town.
>>
>>20403119
I think they set up shop where they can find cheap land around populated areas. Hence the ghetto and the odd-shaped, small lots with inconvenient access.
>>
>>20404072
>front of a Home Depot next to an Advance
Naples? That place closed down in like 2007.
>>
>>20402808
when i was homeless and addicted to crack and heroin in new orleans, the checkers (Rally's) on Carrollton near Earhart would give me extra fries and fried stuff and sometimes a sandwich or two if i went there right when they were shutting down the fryers. i've been off drugs for 6 years now but if i have those seasoned fries i'll still get a small placebo headrush/the back of my throat will go numb like when you IV cocaine. brains are interesting
>>
Popeyes and Checkers have a certain type of employee that makes it impossible for me to eat there

Theyre tasty, but every location is disgusting and foul and staffed by "people" who don't seem likely to take cleanliness, hygiene or food safety very seriously.
>>
>>20404114
Gives it a certain soul to watch the cute black chick at the window bare-hand my cup of fries into the bag
>>
>>20404114
My Popeyes is nice the only issue is that they almost never get the order completely right, at least it nets me free food and I've even been given free food and drinks by them just for long waits.
>>
>>20403476
Theres on in westbury or mineola or something
It’s alright. nothing really special, i dont remember much about it besides that
>>
>>20403455
theyre pretty good but they barely give you any so >>20403479 is absolutely not apropos
>>
>>20402808
This place doesn't even exist in my path (city) anymore.
>>
>>20402808
Not in my area. How do I go about making their fries? I at least have a couple of russets.
>>
>>20402808
>best fries
have you had them in the last year?
I went last summer and the fries seemed to have half the seasoning on them.
also they were never better than arby's curly fries. and the arby's fries in the grocery store. taste just as good as from the restaurant
>>
>>20404713
>have you had them in the last year
Not OP but no, I've not. The one nearest me closed due to coof. There's another in a more ghetto part of the city and I honestly do go around there because reasons but I never bother actually getting anything there. Is it really that bad now?
As for Arby's, I've never liked their curly fries. Soggy, horrid messes.
>>
>>20404722
>I honestly do go around there because reasons but I never bother actually getting anything there.
To be clear, I go around the ghetto area because reasons but I never bother actually getting anything from Checkers/Rallys.
>>
>>20404118
Bare hands are unironically more hygienic than gloved hands. Bare hands let you feel the scum building up on your hands and gives you the signal to wash them. Gloved hands stay dirtier for longer. Last time I went to checkers the African American female handing me my food had a large amount of mysterious fluids on her glove which got all over the bag and napkins. The time before that I got a URI from eating there.
>>
When my ex was pregnant with our child I used to get out from work late after working all day, head to Wendy's for burgers and then swing through Checkers just for fries and bring them home for her cravings.

Then the bitch left me.
>>
>>20404904
why?

are you still co parenting?
>>
>>20402808
>>20403413
Nastiest fucking fries I have ever had
Even slop like Burger King's fries taste much better
>>
>>20404967
Yeah but it's better getting threm frozen than dealing with the nigs lurking and hanging around those places at ungodly times of the night and morn.
>>
File: ch.jpg (108 KB, 1000x750)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>20402808
It's funny how much better Checkers is than the McD's/BK/Wendy's tier, but they never seem to get recognition like Five Guys, In-N-Out, etc.

When I was younger, they had a 2-for-$2 chiliburger deal that I used to get all the time. And, yes, very good fries. I don't know why they haven't been able to expand more.
>>
>>20405014
>Five Guys, In-N-Out
Yuk, those are california fags, they can go to hell!
>>
>>20405014
>but they never seem to get recognition like Five Guys, In-N-Out, etc.
Which is fine by me as they can't jack up their prices as long as they're seen as lower middle class food. The Big Buford is better than anything those other places make.
>>
>>20402808
damn near every checkers in houston is located in a gas station is "poorly lit" parts of town....if ya know whut i mean
>>
>>20405051
yeah, most of us know
>>
>>20404983
No it’s not lol.
Rally’s/Checkers fries are trash.
Burger King is also shit but at least their fries are somewhat edible.
I would rather eat Wendy’s fries
>>
Carl's Jr has the best standard fries, but Arby's and Jack in the Box take the top spots because they have curly fries which are objectively the best form of fast food potatoes
>>
>>20403119
>Checker's is either in the ghetto
Checkers/Rallys run by niggers guarantees fries fried in (not hot) Chicken grease and 5x seasoned for terminal coronary disease

NO, THANKS
>>
>>20404112
>checkers (Rally's) on Carrollton near Earhart
excellent dive at 2am with nothing open anywhere near there after you leave the Rock n Ball completely sauced
>>
File: fries-regular.png (501 KB, 1440x1440)
501 KB
501 KB PNG
>>20402808
Besides Arby's Curly Fries (I like soggy fries), Dairy Queen had the best fried I could remember (haven't had them in forever) because they had seasoning all the way through inside the fry. They have/had this buttery flavor on the interior that didn't even need ketchup or anything.
>>
Where my Bushwick peeps at
>>
>>20405014
It's still crazy to me that checkers only upped their prices around 1.5 to 3x for the last decade as opposed to 4 to 8x increase like all the other joints.
>>
Nobody in this thread is acknowledging Whataburger fries. They're just like mcdonalds but slightly more sog which I love.
My ranking would probably be
>Whataburger fries
>Arby's curly fries
>Taco Bell fries
>Checkers fries
>>
File: oiC1vdF.jpg (1.89 MB, 3264x2448)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB JPG
>>20405014
checkers rules and as long as they keep being for poor people they will continue to rule
>>
>>20406672
That looks nasty, think they have some unified kitchen? I can't imagine what that place looks like after dark.
>>
File: check'em.jpg (31 KB, 474x337)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>20407140
Probably a combination of them having lower overhead than other chains and knowing that their customers are more price sensitive than those who go to Five Guys. I don't want to laud them too much lest we tempt fate and they jack up prices suddenly.
>>
>>20407171
Popeye's is owned by the same company that owns Tim Hortons so it's unlikely that they'd have a shared kitchen with Dunkin'. They also own Burger King, making Checker's unlikely too.
>>
>>20405014

they died out and closed all locations in AZ for like 20 years. ive always wondered too. theyre pretty rare here after reopening and i dont really go but i should.
>>
>>20402808
>is staffed by listless negros in your path
>>
>>20407158

did you use that burger to wipe your ass
>>
>>20407953
I used your tampon you fag!
>>
>>20407185
idk if they own Checkers/Rallys or not but your reasons for why it's unlikely isn't really up to snuff. At one time, Popeyes and Church's were owned by the same company that also owned Cinnabon, America's Favorite Chicken Enterprises Incorporated. Now, Popeyes is owned by Restaurant Brands International which, as you correctly said, also owns Burger King. However! RBI also owned Bojangles, another fried chicken chain, up until somewhat recently (2020) so I don't see why they couldn't own two burger chains since they already owned two chicken chains at one point.
>>
File: 1000022095.png (214 KB, 591x900)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
if you know, you know
>>
>>20403041
No.
>>
>>
>>20404072
Stuart?
>>
>>20408987
Dave.
>>
>>20408991
No, Chris. Martin?
>>
>>20409010
From the Red Sox?
>>
>>20408925
i dont know
>>
>>20408981
yum
>>
They always in my experience are in the bad neighborhoods and I've gotten sick from there more than once, so I know the people working there aren't following food safety standards
>>
>>20408987
Yeah, sup dude! Not gonna lie, the Treasure Coast is ass all around besides minor league baseball.
>>
>>20409016
No from Coldplay
>>
>>20412921
There should be a cover band called Hotwork.
>>
File: Midtown.jpg (186 KB, 1140x641)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>20412334
I want to disagree about the neighborhood stuff because most places I've lived there was one nearby that I frequented but I have to admit I've mostly lived in places on the edge of gentrification and trash. Guess the one in Midtown Atlanta, surrounded by luxury condos and skyscapers wasn't low income but there was no shortage of panhandlers and club trash hanging out there, especially at 3am.
I've never gotten sick from a Checker's but maybe I have a poor person's immune system that's battle tested and able to fight off the typical problems of poor sanitation.
>>
>>20402808
they have a really good cheese sauce and decent chili. try a small chili cheese fry, or chili cheese dog, or chili cheeseburger with the sauce instead of the slice
>>
Their fries are good alone, but their chili cheese fries were disappointing. It was just too salty, and I'm a huge fan of salty food.
>>
>>20412961
I ate checkers before going up to killington for the weekend and it was white out blizzard conditions, and I had the worst diarrhea of my life, the kind of situation where if I even tried to stand up it would hit me with another spell

it lasted for hours, I was completely delirious, eventually found myself resigned to my fate and laying naked in the empty bath tub because the cool enamel felt good on my skin and I just laid there shidding on myself waiting for the void to take me
>>
>>20405014
>but they never seem to get recognition
it's a fucking burger
>>
>>20414937
Well it is extremely greasy. A close 2nd to Long John Silvers probably.
You probably just got unlucky though.
>>
>>20414822
>i’m a huge fan of salty food
You eat cum faggot
>>
>>20415027
So is what that anon was comparing it to but you cut that part off.
>>
based op

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.