[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: url(2).jpg (32 KB, 400x300)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
Seriously? I am sure you kids in the 80s and 90s remember cereal commercials where they advertised their cereal and then at the very end showed a picture like this.

Now given that children can consent, did they really expect that kids should eat all this shit every morning before school? I didn't know a single kid growing up that ate like this on the daily unless it was the weekend.

Maybe they should have done a better job fortifying cereal with all the vitamins, minerals and especially protein to be more of a complete breakfast in the product itself because everyone I know just ate cereal only growing up.
>>
>>20406583
Yeah it is crazy, had to be some kind of agreement with the farming industry to remind people eggs and meat were still breakfast lol.
>>
>>20406610
People did that on the weekends sure. The whole "part of your/this complete breakfast" tagged on the end of EVERY cereal seems suspicious. Was it a requirement from the FDA or something?
>>
>>20406583
I remember when every fucking ad would gaslight people into believing cereals and toasts with nutella were part of a regular diet.
They'd show it along with a glass of orange juice and milk, too.

And now it turns out breakfast isn't necessarily the most important meal of the day, that nutella is basically 80% oil, that it is better to eat an orange than to drink its juices (depriving yourself of the fiber and consuming concentrated sugars in the process), and cereals are basically sweetened starches.

And no one ever discusses this, when this shit has probably caused more deaths than marlboro ads.

Meanwhile people preoccupy themselves with trump or biden or jews and arabs in the middle east when we have cocksuckers slowly killing us.
>>
>>20406633
>you're killing meeeee
lol
>>
>>20406633
Yeah, we gotta get Trump back in. I'm with you bro. MAGA.
>>
>>20406629
No, it's just marketing. Kids are attracted by the flashy cartoonish characters and the sugary treat, but in order to make it attractive to the parents, you picture it next to some orange juice, fresh fruit, a glass of milk, eggs, anything that makes it look like healthier.

Other strategies included making it a meal for sport practicioners. Tony Parker used to make ads for Frosties in France.
>>
>>20406648
Oh yeah I think you're right. I'm pretty sure Seinfeld was part of this too. You want to be the guy with 12 cereal boxes on display because... just because.
>>
>>20406641
>>20406644
Don't you retards find it wild that we're our here shitting and pissing ourselves over spilled sand people and slavs when we the majority of kids in the us, including us back then, were geeked on all manners of fucked up things because our parents couldnt compete with trillions of dollars invested in ads and the psychological and sociological studies made with the sole purpose of optimizing them ?
>>
>>20406658
Breakfast cereal is incredibly nutritious. Even the most colorful crazy full of marshmallows cereal for kids is actually good for you, there's no two ways about it.

It's not like they raised us on donuts and chocolate milk for breakfast. If that were the case we really would be a nation of dying lards.
>>
>>20406670
>Breakfast cereal is incredibly nutritious.
post hand I wanna see those sausage fingers
>>
>>20406583

>Maybe they should have done a better job fortifying cereal with all the vitamins, minerals

They did, that's why the only real problem we suffer from as a society diet wise is a bunch of fat fucks.

But we don't suffer from vitamin deficiencies. The government made companies fortify processed junk food so retards would still get some basic nutrition.
>>
>>20406583
The thing about those "complete breakfasts" that I thought was weird, even as a kid, was the amount of liquid. You got milk with the cereal, and also a full glass of milk and a full glass of OJ. Junior's gonna be pissing his pants in school later
>>
>>20406678
Dairy is important to tight young supple children.
>>
>>20406583
>I didn't know a single kid growing up that ate like this on the daily unless it was the weekend.
You mean you did know kids who ate like that every day when it was the weekend? Huh? Did you just pretend not to know them on weekdays?
>>
>Maybe they should have done a better job fortifying cereal with all the vitamins, minerals and especially protein
They did. Product19 was my favourite cereal then Total (which is similar but worse).
Kids didn't generally care for either. My own parents said I had old man tastes when it came to cereal
>>
After these messages we’ll be riiiiiiiight back.
>>
>>20407051
My go-to was Just Right. Grapenuts are inedible gravel, though.
>>
>>20407069
>Just Right
Never got to try any but Tori Amos was in a commercial for it in the late 80s
>>
>>20406658
Literally zero issues stemmed from drinking orange juice and eating cereal, you hysterical sillyman. Take your meds.
>>
>anon just doing 90s stand-up comedy bits
>>
>>20406676
>retard thinks nutritious and healthy are the same thing

Breakfast cereal is very nutrient rich, thats what nutritious means.
>>
>>20406678
>drink milk
>drink OJ
>acid curdles the milk giving you a tummy ache

always bugged me why they even needed to include the OJ. like you either do milk+cereal or OJ + egg + bacon but american boomer parents were lazy fucks that just threw a bowl and box at their kids.
>>
>>20406583
Stop lying. They showed cereal, fruit and toast. If that's insane to you I dont know what to say.
>>
>>20409723
>toast with cereal
0.o

>meat and egg with cereal
(* ^◇^)_
>>
Yea everyone I knew just ate cereal or a "cereal bar" for breakfast too
>>
>>20409955
Even worse... pop tarts.
>>
File: pixlr_20240417091654031.jpg (1.55 MB, 3239x3239)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>20409951
>>20409723
>>20406583
Hes right though. OP is exaggerating.
>>
>>20406583
>given that children can consent
Anon...?
>>
>>20409956
Oh yea I forgot about kids whose parents bought them whatever they wanted. My parents were strict and never bought anything childish, I just had a banana or orange and a bowl of plain cornflakes or honey bunches of oats
>>
File: jerry toys.jpg (76 KB, 1000x500)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>20406652
The cereal on Seinfeld was to help reinforce the message that Jerry was a man-child.
>>
>>20410291
>(((seinfeld)))
>>
>>20410293
Sigh
>>
>>20410301
Sighfeld
>>
>>20410109
Those images are typical but there were some that went even further with the rest of the complete breakfast.
>>20406583
It might have been only on the weekends but most of my friends from two parent families had a family breakfast every morning I was over there and it was stuff like eggs, sausage, and pancakes. They never ate cereal that I noticed, but it's possible they did on weekdays.
On the other hand, my fellow kids raised by single moms were mostly cereal households. Only on rare occasions would we have something like in those ads and even then, cereal was still a big part of those breakfasts. Eating a non-cereal breakfast was something that happened at friend's houses (two parent) or at a diner when traveling.
>>
>>20410315
Yes its a generalization. You dont make general statements on outliers. The commericals that showed a giant breakfast were few
>>
>>20406583
Because America is controlled not by the deep state or Israel but Big Maize. You will eat endless cornslop and you will be happy.
>>
>>20406670
Breakfast of champions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxCUHjx7U7Y
>>
>>20407152
Strange, she seemed like she'd be a corn flake girl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_HA5Czhtx4
>>
>>20410315
Weird how single moms are never able to cook, I also remember only single moms would ever make frozen meals every day, and feed thier kids chips and candy everyday
>>
>>20410316
Kiwi and cantaloupe for breakfast would be outliers but both are featured in half of your images.
>>
>>20410327
probably because they have to work
>>
>>20410332
They wouldn't because I literally said the commercials featured fruit and toast
>>
>>20410327
I didn't recognize it at the time but looking back, friends from two parent households tended to be long term friends with kids from other two parent households and single mother households had kids who were mostly friends with kids from other single mother households. This was far from absolute but long term friends in general seemed to have at least an above average correlation. I suspect some of this was due to cultural and economic differences between the typical households in each group but there might also have been some pressure from married parents for their kids to not associate as much with kids from single mother households.
(Single father households existed but were pretty rare. I can only think of two from my hometown)
>>
>>20410337
Not an excuse cause most of the moms from 2 parent households were working mothers and they still managed to make homemade meals
>>
>>20409045
Dude your stomach acid is exponentially more acidic than orange juice
>>
File: eegm9s30kz071.jpg (77 KB, 500x973)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
This has been known for years.
>>
>>20410350
To be fair most kids also had a fruit but it was never a fruit that needed to be sliced, it was always banana, apple, orange, etc given whole
>>
>>20410350
>Shoney's
On Sundays we'd sometimes ride our horses to Shoney's for breakfast. Though it was probably meant for decoration, the Captain D's next door even had a hitching rail we used.
#JustRuralAlabamaThings
>>
File: 47363468886046.jpg (354 KB, 1200x1200)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
Can anyone from the UK explain what this tastes like? Is it just cereal bars put in milk?
>>
File: 1703355332938280.gif (873 KB, 402x386)
873 KB
873 KB GIF
>>20410503
Not from the UK but when I was there these things were like if you took a Nabisco shredded wheat block and pounded it into tiny bits and then formed it into a dry cake. It breaks apart very easily in milk and becomes a sort of goop after a minute in milk. During that minute it has a little crisp and tastes OK, but I prefer the shredded wheat cereal in the US.
>>
>>20410109
>carbs on carbs on carbs
lol
>>
I remember as a kid telling my dad that I wanted a particular cereal and when he said, "No" I whined "But it's part of a complete and balanced breakfast!". To which he just straight up laughed in my face.

To this day I've never felt so cringe.
>>
>>20411486
>cringe

You are using that word wrong. You "winced". Or that made you "wince".
>>
>>20411541
Cringe
>>
>>20411464
Kids were active
>>
>>20406583
I ate huge amounts of cereal and milk and I'm cancer free, so maybe fortified breakfast cereal is good for you after all.
>>
>>20406583
>did they really expect that kids should eat all this shit every morning before school?
no one ever had a breakfast like that.

you either had cereal, or eggs and toast or eggs and something. no one ever had cereal with all the stuff.
>>
>>20406633
https://youtu.be/oLHR_TUBglI
>>
>>20406670
Rodney weatherbottom? is that you?
>>
>>20410327
mom's that can cook were able to keep their husbands around
>>
>>20406670
>It's not like they raised us on donuts and chocolate milk for breakfast.
I'm from Italy and that's not that far off from what we traditionally rest for breakfast. We're thinner and live longer than you do
>>
Great, now I have to go watch reruns of The Hidden Temple and Guts and Nick Arcade.
>>
>>20410337
They are literally the only class of people that never have to work
>>
>>20410319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku42Iszh9KM
>>
>>20410293
Cool it with the antisemantics, my goy.
>>
>>20406633
It isn't discussed often because they stopped doing it. It was frequently discussed when it was relevant. They stopped doing it because of the frequent discussion.
>>
>>20406583
It was "part of this complete breakfast," not "your." There would always be better foods depicted on the table alongside it, so it was technically true.
>>
>>20406670
post body
>>
>>20410293
>Crashes thru the door
GEORGE, I FOUND OUT JERRY WAS JEWISH THIS WHOLE TIME!
>>
>>20410343
Full time or part time? A mom working for 4 hours a day (shouldn't even be necessary because we should still have an economy where the father of the family working at a gas station or as a mechanic can afford a house, two cars, and a family of four) isn't the same as 8 hours + 1 hour lunch + 1-2 hours transport time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.